Urus- another attempt to force and extort

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
nomoneybohra

Urus- another attempt to force and extort

Unread post by nomoneybohra » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:06 am

Now that Ashara is over, new scheme has been started by the kothar, urus of SMB (RA). just see the ridiculous heights they are going to force people to go, including having a survey:
Baad Afzalus Salaam

Please click on this link http://goo.gl/forms/7UumabI5GR to go to the SURVEY FORM. After filling the form, click submit.

If unable use this link https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ymMbwp ... rm?c=0&w=1

The Urus Mubarak will be on 16th of Rabi ul Awwal 1436 (Tuesday 6th January 2015). 42 MORE DAYS TO GO.

Janab Aamil Saheb, Ali Asgar Bhai Saheb (DM) and Anjuman-e-Burhani (Singapore) are looking into travel and accommodation plans for mumineen of Singapore. Booking of Hotel rooms in Mumbai and getting a chartered flight or two to go to Mumbai.

Please fill up the Survey to facilitate these plans so that the organisers can have an accurate numbers to book hotel rooms and charter flights at reasonable rates for the convenience of mumineen of Singapore.

First we urge each and every mumin of Singapore to go to Mumbai without fail and give your fullest co-operation in filling up the online survey form at the earliest and return the same ASAP.

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE DEADLINE FOR THE ACCOMMODATION BELOW IS APPROACHING FAST.

Below are some options available for accommodation (rooms) in homes of munimeen in the central area of Mumbai for stay during Urus Mubarak.

Please find the list of current available options. Please note deadlines to confirm booking:
1.Near Qutbi masjid with aircon at level 2 - Price INR 5,000 (approx. SGD 105) per day – Capacity 4-6 guest. Pictures attached (deadline for booking 1pm 26th November)
2.At Piru Lane Bhendi Bazaar level 4 - Price INR 4,000 (approx. SGD 85) per day – Capacity 4-6 guest. (deadline for booking 1pm 26th November)
3.At Nagdevi Street (2 rooms) - Price INR 10,000 (approx. SGD 205) per day – Capacity 12 guest. - (deadline for booking 1pm 24th November)
4.Near Ezzy Farsan, Saifee Jubilee street, Bhendi Bazaar. - Price INR 7,000 (approx. SGD 145) per day – Capacity 8 guest.Pictures attached (deadline for booking1pm 26th November)

Some abdes in Mumbai are going to be filthy rich surely!

humanbeing

Re: Urus- another attempt to force and extort

Unread post by humanbeing » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:38 am

there is no time to loose. keep the abdes busy and dazzled. dont let them free or idle. plus SMS needs such mega events to keep his empire floating. there is inflation in bribery too. he needs to feed many mouths and fill many pockets.

Universaldad

Unread post by Universaldad » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:54 am

Why are the reformists, Progressives and Khozemites concerned about this... its not like they are going to attend the Urs Mubarak.

UnhappyBohra

Unread post by UnhappyBohra » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:51 am

Look like dad of the universe now wants to make Burhanuddin Moula's urus the sole property of Mufaddali monkeys. JagatDaddy I live night and day among your kind and I can guarantee that only SKQ followers will evoke the true spirit of Burhanuddin Moula.

nomoneybohra

Unread post by nomoneybohra » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:41 am

Baad Afzalus Salaam

Dear Mumenaat Behno,

As per farmaan and khushi of our beloved Aqa Maula Syedna Mufaddal Saifuddin (TUS), all mumineen and mumenaat are highly encouraged to go for the Urus of Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin (RA).

With the raza of Janab Aamil Saheb Al Had Al Farqad Al Azhar Aliasghar Bhaisaheb and under the guidance of Zainab As Sughra Bensaab, financial assistance of 500 dollars will be provided to one Mumenaat behen who requires it for the travel to Mumbai. This assistance has come from the hadya of Mithi Sitabi from Mumenaat Behno. Any behen who is in need of this financial assistance please contact Rashidabehen Jinia at 90664409.

Please note that this financial assistance is only for one Mumenaat behen in need and should only be used for the travel to Mumbai for attending Urus Mubarak of Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin (RA).

All Mumenaat Behno are requested to attend the Urus Mubarak of Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin (RA) to do ziyaret and to obtain khushi of our Aqa Maula Syedna Mufaddal Saifuddin (TUS).

May Allah (TA) grant our Aqa Maula (TUS) a long and healthy life till the day of Qayamat. Ameen.

Was Salam

Burhani Women’s Association Singapore (BWAS)

Another wasteful effort at charity. The poor mumeenat would have been better off with some free food and other donations but gets a "Free" trip to Mumbai. How is financial assistance going to help her in the long run?

Excalibur

Unread post by Excalibur » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:38 am

Above farmaan reminds me of the following joke:

A city boy, Kenny, moved to the country and bought a donkey from an old farmer for $100. The farmer agreed to deliver the donkey the next day.
The next day the farmer drove up and said: "Sorry son, but I have some bad news. The donkey died."
Kenny replied, "Well then, just give me my money back."
The farmer said, "Can't do that. I went and spent it already."
Kenny said, "OK, then just unload the donkey."
The farmer asked, "What ya gonna do with him?"
Kenny: "I'm going to raffle him off."
Farmer: "You can't raffle off a dead donkey!"
Kenny: "Sure I can. Watch me. I just won't tell anybody he is dead."
A month later the farmer met up with Kenny and asked, "What happened with that dead donkey?"
Kenny: "I raffled him off. I sold 500 tickets at $2 a piece and made a profit of $998.00."
Farmer: "Didn't anyone complain?"
Kenny: "Just the guy who won. So I gave him his $2 back."

Kenny grew up and eventually became Syedna Kenny :-)

asad

Unread post by asad » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:41 am

Excalibur wrote:Above farmaan reminds me of the following joke:

A city boy, Kenny, moved to the country and bought a donkey from an old farmer for $100. The farmer agreed to deliver the donkey the next day.
The next day the farmer drove up and said: "Sorry son, but I have some bad news. The donkey died."
Kenny replied, "Well then, just give me my money back."
The farmer said, "Can't do that. I went and spent it already."
Kenny said, "OK, then just unload the donkey."
The farmer asked, "What ya gonna do with him?"
Kenny: "I'm going to raffle him off."
Farmer: "You can't raffle off a dead donkey!"
Kenny: "Sure I can. Watch me. I just won't tell anybody he is dead."
A month later the farmer met up with Kenny and asked, "What happened with that dead donkey?"
Kenny: "I raffled him off. I sold 500 tickets at $2 a piece and made a profit of $998.00."
Farmer: "Didn't anyone complain?"
Kenny: "Just the guy who won. So I gave him his $2 back."

Kenny grew up and eventually became Syedna Kenny :-)
Only difference is in Bohras case is Syedna raffles himself. I hope people know the name for person who sells himself for money.

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:54 am

asad wrote:Only difference is in Bohras case is Syedna raffles himself.
Hi Asad

Excalibur post was a good comparison to what kothar Inc does to promote its travel and tours and dargah resort hospitality business. Promoting this ziyarat tours in guise of spirituality. Middle-class or poor abdes gets a leisure trip sponsored by rich abdes while credit and profits are made by kothar. This is hitting many birds with a single stone. Rich abdes are pampered with status symbols such as ziyafats and photo ops with kotar clergy, while poor are pampered with such ziyarat tours. In both scenarios, kothar makes the moolah.

Hatss off to kothar strategies !! they are getting better and better with their material greed !