Dawoodi Bohras in the media - 2015

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.

dawedaar

Re: Dawoodi Bohras in the media - 2015

Unread post by dawedaar » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:12 pm

I don't know if this was posted here before.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/n ... 6929222733

fustrate_Bohra

Unread post by fustrate_Bohra » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:15 pm

In Ghodapdeo, Mhada towers shake up community dynamics

Two years ago, Fatema Vaghela and her husband moved to a high-rise transit accommodation in Ghodapdeo near Mazgaon. One day, they were sharing a pani puri at a roadside stall when a stranger approached the Dawoodi Bohra couple. "Don't worry, you may be surrounded by Hindus but this is a very safe neighborhood," he told them. The couple, who were from Bhendi Bazaar, a Muslim locality, felt reassured.

Sandwiched between Kala Chowki and Rani Bagh, Ghodapdeo is named after a local deity, who was worshipped by Kunbis and Kolis. The former textile mill area's diminishing number of chimneys and chawls are dwarfed today by a dense cluster of 24-storey high-rises — each fitted with about 280 flats — that have come up in the central New Hind Mills Mhada Society. These are the Maharashtra Housing and Area Development Authority's transit camps and low-cost housing for mill workers. The new buildings have helped bump up rents and vegetable prices, increased the number of hawkers on the road, and changed the area's demography — bringing in new residents and communities, like the Dawoodi Bohras, to the neighbourhood.

"The number of Maharashtrians in the area has declined," said Anil Rane, who is living here while his Lalbaug chawl is being redeveloped. "Many joint families, who lived happily together in a chawl, prefer to sell the new flat and buy two properties in the suburbs." He recalls a time when dahi handis dotted every gully and chowk in the mill district. "Today," he says, "locals go to the suburbs to celebrate Govinda." Traditional Maharashtrian art forms like tamasha and the dance form, lavani, also have few takers among the youth.

Twelve of the 18 Mhada buildings were sold to mill workers' families. But most of their flats are being rented out to pay off the home loan. Many of the new tenants are Maharashtrians, a sizable chunk of them Muslim. Some of the new residents come from razed chawls in neighbouring areas. In one building, former residents of Reay Road's Botawala Chawl have recreated their old lifestyle, using the corridors as common spaces for bird cages, water drums, clotheslines and sofas. During festivals like Ambedkar Jayanti and Ganpati, mandaps are set up in the compound and loud speakers blare late into the night. Last year, however, the Navratri festivities were cut short. "Someone called the police and so we had to stop the music at 10.30 pm," says Shubha Karade. She suspects the music disturbed the transit camp's Bohra residents.

The most prominent of the newcomers are the 550 Muslim families from Bhendi Bazaar, an overwhelming majority of whom are Dawoodi Bohra. They have been housed in four buildings in the Mhada compound, while their former Bhendi Bazaar homes are transformed into swanky towers with solar panels and terrace gardens. The Bohras' arrival was initially opposed by Ghodapdeo residents who objected to transit accommodations being handed over to outsiders, while locals, whose chawls have been demolished, were moved to far-flung locations. But the issue fizzled out after two buildings were allotted for local projects. Today, they are full of praise for the community suddenly in their midst. "They are very nice, educated people," says Vilas Sangle, a headmaster in a local school. "They keep to themselves and talk only to the area's shopkeepers."

Those who have ventured into the Bohra complex are in awe of their furnished flats and spanking-clean facilities, not to mention the high security. The Saifee Burhani Upliftment Trust (SBUT), which is spearheading the Bhendi Bazaar project, has appointed a housekeeping firm to maintain the premises. An official from SBUT estimated that a staff of approximately 40 is employed by the four buildings including 18 liftmen and 4-5 watchmen. Packers and movers help residents move into their new homes, which are furnished with a carpet, cupboard, curtains, geyser and washing machine. There's even a van that shuttles residents to Bhendi Bazaar and back for a nominal fee. This is open to all residents of New Hind Mills but few know about the facility.

Resident Hakimuddin Bootwala says the transit homes promote "cleanliness and an orderly life". An SBUT official calls them "training homes" to prepare residents for their new lifestyle. Two prayer halls have been set up on the ground floor — one for the Dawoodi Bohras and another for the other Muslims in the Bhendi Bazaar transit camp. For Bohra kids like 11-year-old Maria Bootwala, the biggest boon has been a compound to play lock-and-key and hide-and-seek, which was impossible in Bhendi Bazaar's congested streets.

The high-security, self-contained bubble of their buildings might prevent some older Dawoodi Bohra residents from exploring the neighbourhood. But the younger lot can't suppress their curiosity. Boxer Pervez Khan's 18-year-old daughter, Nausheen, was fascinated by the Govinda pyramids. "I'd only seen it on TV before I came here," she said. And Fatema Vaghela's three-year-old son, Burhan, became a huge fan of Ganpati and Krishna after seeing the festivities with his 61-year-old grandfather, who relishes living in a cosmopolitan neighbourhood. "Burhan jumps from everywhere possible in the house," says Vaghela, "shouting, 'Govinda ala re, madke phodaila'."

http://m.timesofindia.com/city/mumbai/I ... 974159.cms

bohrabhai

Unread post by bohrabhai » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:25 am

IMG-20150425-WA0005.jpg
IMG-20150425-WA0006.jpg
IMG-20150425-WA0007.jpg
IMG-20150425-WA0008.jpg

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:12 am

AHMEDABAD: Shaherkotda police lobbed 10 teargas shells to disperse crowd after mobs targeted supporters of a religious place in Amdupura over construction of a road. While S M Chaudhari, inspector of Shaherkotda police station, was unavailable for comment, DCP Zone III B R Pandor feigned ignorance about the incident. Five policemen were injured in the incident.

Sources said that an altercation ensued when talks between two groups over construction of a road and boundary wall at a religious place ended in deadlock on Friday. There were heated arguments after which fisticuff took place. As police tried to intervene in the matter, the angry mobs pelted stones at police personnel and vehicles. To disperse the crowd, police used teargas shells. Sources said that police presence is increased in the area to maintain peace during night.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city ... 045211.cms

next_generation2014

Unread post by next_generation2014 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:49 am

http://www.business-standard.com/articl ... 786_1.html

Khuzaima Qutbuddin, who claims to be the 53rd Dai Al-Mutlaq and head of the Dawoodi Bohra community, today told the Bombay High Court that none of his siblings is openly supporting his claim and demand that he should be declared as the Syedna.

Justice Gautam Patel today began hearing arguments over the succession row with recording evidence of Qutbuddin.

Qutbuddin (74), who is the incumbent Syedna's uncle, had filed a suit in the high court in April last year soon after the death of his half brother Mohammed Burhanuddin who was the 52nd Syedna. Burhanuddin die on January 17 last year at the age of 102.

Qutbuddin, in his suit, had sought the high court to declare him as Syedna instead of Burhanuddin's second son Mufaddal Saifuddin. Qutbuddin sought for Mufaddal to be restrained from holding himself or doing any acts, deeds or things as the 53rd Dai al-Mutlaq of the community. In his suit, Qutbuddin termed Mufaddal's succession as false.

"I have 12 brothers and eight sisters. Openly none of them supports my claim in this suit. I have received indications that they do support me but not openly," Qutbuddin told the court.

Qutbuddin was asked several questions pertaining to practices of the Bohra community and degrees conferred on the Syedna.

The court will continue recording his evidence tomorrow.

Qutbuddin's family had earlier claimed that they had tried repeatedly to resolve the issue internally. "We even invited him (Mufaddal) for a debate and establish the rightful claim of nass (succession). But all the attempts have been ignored and rebuffed by Shehzada Mufaddal Saifuddin," the family had said earlier in a press note.

Qutbuddin claimed that the late Syedna had chosen him his Mazoon (deputy) and secretly appointed him as his successor 50 years ago.

fustrate_Bohra

Unread post by fustrate_Bohra » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:33 am

SIBLINGS DON’T ‘OPENLY’ SUPPORT SYEDNA CLAIM, QUTBUDDIN TELLS HC

Mumbai Mirror Bureau

Khuzaima Qutbuddin, 74, claimant to seat of the 53rd Dai Al-Mutlaq and head of the Dawoodi Bohra community, told the Bombay High Court on Monday that none of his 20 siblings have "openly" supported his claim, though "he had indications that they supported him" and demanded that he should be declared as the Syedna.

The statement was made by Qutbuddin before Justice Gautam Patel who is conducting the trial over the Syedna's succession row. According to Qutbuddin, the late Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin, who died at the age of 102, had chosen Qutbuddin as his Mazoon (deputy) and secretly appointed him as his successor 50 years ago.

In a first, the evidence of a person was video-recorded inside the court room. Justice Patel had passed an order last month to this effect after he was informed of some speech impairment which Qutbuddin was suffering from.

Qutbuddin had filed a suit in the HC in April last year, soon after the death of his half-brother Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin's death in January last year. Qutbuddin had sought to declare him as Syedna instead of Burhanuddin's second son Mufaddal Saifuddin. Terming Mufaddal's succession as false, Qutbuddin, represented by senior advocate Ravi Kadam, sought for Mufaddal to be restrained from holding himself or doing any acts, deeds or things as the 53rd Dai al-Mutlaq of the community.

Qutbuddin was also asked several questions pertaining to practices of the Bohra community to confer degrees and titles based on the knowledge one possesses.

According to Qutbuddin, he was conferred the second highest degree called al-Aleem-al-Bare by the 51st Dai. The senior counsel Iqbal Chagla representing Mufaddal Saifuddin, contended that it is the third highest degree. Chagla also contended that Qutbuddin was conferred a degree by the 52nd Dai as well, but Qutbuddin could not recall any such thing. Chagla contended that the highest degree - known as Umdat-al-Ulama-al-muwahhadeen, was conferred by 52nd Dai on Mufaddal Saifuddin, which was accepted by Qutbuddin.

Qutbuddin's deposition will continue on Tuesday as well.

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/mumbai/othe ... 076997.cms

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:25 pm

BOHRA STUDENT COMMITS SUICIDE IN SURAT

Caught ‘cheating’ in exam, 20-yr-old student hangs self

A 20-year-old BBA student committed suicide after he was caught cheating by the invigilation squad on Monday night. His father has accused the college principal and the squad of abetment to murder.

Burhanuddin Badshah, a resident of Crystal apartment at Begampura in Surat, was studying in BBA second year at DRB college in Surat. After appearing in exams, he returned home and locked himself in his study room on Monday night. His mother was busy in her household work. When his father, Habil Badhshah, returned home from work, he inquired about his son. When his son didn’t open the door after repeated knocks, Habil, a businessman, peeped through the window and found his son hanging from the ceiling.

A police complaint has been registered against the college principal and the squad members at Mahidharpura police station. Mahidharpura police sent the body for post-mortem. The police also recovered a suicide note, written by the deceased to his parents.

The handwritten note said, “Mummy I love you, Daddy I love you, ben I love you, Dad I love you”. It goes on to add: “I did not copy, mummy the squad intentionally caught me and threatened to ban me from taking exams for three years. I cried and pleaded a lot, but they did not listen to me. What face would I have shown to you? The world would have teased me… really maa I did not copy. I love all of you a lot… I did not talk to any of you while leaving .. mummy I love you.” Habil inquired about the incident with other classmates and found that the flying squad of the university had caught him copying from notes scribbled on the hardboard he was writing on. His classmate Ajaz Chunawala said, “The exams for Marketing Management was on Monday. The squad officials seized his wooden writing board. Burhanuddin refused that he was copying, but the squad took him to the principal’s office and made out a cheating case against him.”

The squad team comprising of three members, filed copying form and got it signed from the college principal Narendra Jadav, for getting it further processed at university level for future actions. The victim’s father Habil Badshah lodged complaint with Mahidhapura police station on Tuesday, against the college principal and Flying squad team, for their alleged involvement in harassing his son to such a level that has driven him to take such a drastic step of ending his life.

The victim’s father Habil Badshah said, “If the college authorities had caught my son copying, they should have called us or informed us first. We would have come to the college and see what our son had done. The college authorities failed to inform us and they have harassed him to such a level that he could not bear and took the extreme step of ending his life. If we would have come to know about the incident earlier, we would have treated our son tactfully and also taken extra care. He was a sensitive boy and was good in studies.”

College Principal Narendra Jadav said, “We have taken actions according to the rule as he was caught copying in the examination hall. We have also seized the writing wooden board which he had carried with him. His answersheet and writing board is at present with the flying squad team and they will submit it as evidence with the examination department for further process.”

Dr Daxesh Thacker, the vice-chancellor of Veer Narmad South Gujarat University, said, “I am in a deep shock today, following the suicide incident. We have seen the CCTV footage of the school. I feel the victim was more sensitive. He was good in studies. It is a normal practice of filling forms when a student is found copying, but it is a long process to find him guilty. The entire incident is a matter of investigations and from the university’s side, we will carry out free and fair investigations.”

http://indianexpress.com/article/cities ... angs-self/

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:35 pm

May his soul rest in peace. May Allaha give strength to family members. I do hope the Clergy Goondas do respect and provide proper burial arrangements since Bohra Clergy considers Suicide as a sin as was the case in my local Jamaat and Aamil refused to do any religious rites and told the Jamaat members to just dig the hole anywhere and dump the body ( exact words) We had to make arrangements with local Sunni community to provide proper burial as the community of Sunni Ulemas decided that let Allaha decide his fate of his sins.
Indian Education System needs to change, too much pressure on students and many innocents and young lives are lost because of this kind of pressure.

alam

Unread post by alam » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:42 pm

India Suicide Hotlines:

Befrienders India - National Association
c/o Sneha, 11 Park View Road
R.A.Puram
600 028
Chennai

Centres

Lifeline Foundation
17/1A Alipore Road
Sarat Bose Road
700 027
KOLKATA
Hotline: +91 33 2474 4704
Hotline: +91 33 2474 5886
Hotline: 2474 5255

AASRA
A-4, Tanwar View, CHS,
Plot NO - 43, Sector 7
Koparkhairane
400 701
NAVI MUMBAI
Contact by: Face to Face - Phone - Letter:
Hotline: +91 22 2754 6669
Hours:
Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun: 09:00 - 21:00

MAITREYI
255 Thyagumudali Street
PONDICHERRY
Hotline: +91-413-339999
Hours:
Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun: 14:00 - 20:00

ROSHNI
1-8-303/48/21 Kalavathy Nivas,
Sindhi Colony
S.P. Road
500003 A.P.
SECUNDERABAD
Hotline: +91 40 7904646
E-mail Helpline: help@roshnihyd.org
Hours:
Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat: 11:00 - 21:00

Saath
B12 Nilamber Complex
H.L. Commerce College Road
Navrangpura
380 006
AHMEDABAD
Hotline: +91 79 2630 5544
Hotline: +91 79 2630 0222

SNEHA
11 Park View Road
(Near Chennai Kaliappa Hospital)
R.A. Puram
600 028
Chennai
Hotline: +91 (0) 44 2464 0050
E-mail Helpline: help@snehaindia.org
24 Hour service:

The Samaritans Sahara
Sir J-J. Road
Byculla Bridge
400 008
MUMBAI
Contact by: Face to Face - Phone - Letter: - E-mail:
Hotline: +91-22-2307 3451
Hours:
Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri: 15:00 - 21:00
Sat, Sun: 10:00 - 21:00

Sumaitri
1 Bhagwandas Lane
Aradhana Hostel Complex
Basement
110 001
NEW DELHI
Hotline: 2338 9090
Hours:
Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri: 14:00 - 22:00
Sat, Sun: 10:00 - 22:00

MAITHRI - Cochin
Ashirbhavan Road
Kacheripady
Ernakulam Kochi
682 018
Kochi
KERALA
Hotline: +91 239 6272
E-mail Helpline: maithrikochi@yahoo.co.in
Hours:
Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun: 10:00 - 20:00

alam

Unread post by alam » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:06 pm

What Are The Warning Signs For Suicide?

The following signs may mean someone is at risk for suicide. The risk of suicide is greater if a behavior is new or has increased and if it seems related to a painful event, loss, or change. If you or someone you know exhibits any of these signs, seek help as soon as possible by calling Your local Suicide Prevention Hotline in your Country.

1. Talking about wanting to die or to kill oneself.
2 Looking for a way to kill oneself, such as searching online or buying a gun.
3. Talking about feeling hopeless or having no reason to live.
4. Talking about feeling trapped or in unbearable pain.
5. Talking about being a burden to others.
6. Increasing the use of alcohol or drugs.
7. Acting anxious or agitated; behaving recklessly.
8. Sleeping too little or too much.
9. Withdrawing or feeling isolated.
10. Showing rage or talking about seeking revenge.
11 . Displaying extreme mood swings.

How Can I Help My Friends?

If someone you know is exhibiting any of the warning signs listed above, here are some things you can do to help.

o Ask directly if your friend is thinking about suicide.

o Be willing to listen. Allow their expressions of feelings, and accept those feelings.

o Be non-judgmental. Don't debate whether suicide is right or wrong, or whether feelings are good or bad. Don't lecture on the value of life. Focus on being present with their feelings.

o Get involved. Become available. Show interest and support.

o Check in with your friend regularly. Schedule times to talk for the next week when you will both be available, to see how they are doing.

o Don't act shocked. This will put distance between you. Be patient with yourself and the situation.

o Don't be sworn to secrecy. Seek support.

o Offer hope that alternatives are available but do not offer glib reassurance.

o Take action. Remove means, such as guns or stockpiled pills

o Get help from agencies specializing in crisis intervention and suicide prevention.

o Encourage (and offer to accompany) your friend to seek help and support from a crisis specialist, therapist, doctor and/or clergy member.

o Show them the safety or “crisis coping plan” on the Lifeline web site, and talk together about your friend can use this to help him/her to cope in these difficult moments.

zinger

Unread post by zinger » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:00 am

SBM wrote:May his soul rest in peace. May Allaha give strength to family members. I do hope the Clergy Goondas do respect and provide proper burial arrangements since Bohra Clergy considers Suicide as a sin as was the case in my local Jamaat and Aamil refused to do any religious rites and told the Jamaat members to just dig the hole anywhere and dump the body ( exact words) We had to make arrangements with local Sunni community to provide proper burial as the community of Sunni Ulemas decided that let Allaha decide his fate of his sins.
Indian Education System needs to change, too much pressure on students and many innocents and young lives are lost because of this kind of pressure.

InnaIllahe WaIllahe Rajeoon

SBM,
While you are busy trying to paint the Bohra clergy with a tainted brush, let me remind you that Suicide is a sin in all Abrahamic religions

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_views_on_suicide

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:57 am

the guy was caught cheating, there is evidence. if he was so truthful, he would have lived to fight and get justice. c'mon he was in college. sensible enough to argue, debate and prove his innocense. truth gives one courage.

I am sorry to be rude, but what a waste ! .. he goes ahead and commits suicide. duhh !!

zinger

Unread post by zinger » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:37 am

humanbeing wrote:the guy was caught cheating, there is evidence. if he was so truthful, he would have lived to fight and get justice. c'mon he was in college. sensible enough to argue, debate and prove his innocense. truth gives one courage.

I am sorry to be rude, but what a waste ! .. he goes ahead and commits suicide. duhh !!
Please do spare a thought to his family. if you cannot console, do not pass judgement so soon.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:38 am

SBM,
While you are busy trying to paint the Bohra clergy with a tainted brush, let me remind you that Suicide is a sin in all Abrahamic religions
yes it may be Sin but who are you to decide. Let Allaha be the judge.
What I mentioned was a true story in our local Jamaat, While Bohra Aamil refused, Sunni community along with local Imam did performed his last rites despite the fact he also agreed that it was Sin but he did not want his family to suffer and he rightfully said that let Allaha be judge and let us pray that Allaha forgives his sins because we do not know the circumstances.
The worst part was Bohra Aamil even told Jamaat members not to participate in his last rites despite the fact this person and his family are die hard Abdes/Amtes
Zinger let Allaha decides the rewards and punishments of people's good deeds or sins and not some human being

Biradar

Unread post by Biradar » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:25 pm

humanbeing wrote:the guy was caught cheating, there is evidence. if he was so truthful, he would have lived to fight and get justice. c'mon he was in college. sensible enough to argue, debate and prove his innocense. truth gives one courage.

Wow! What an insensitive post! Here is a young person who killed himself, and you are implying he deserves it. Just can't believe it. My friend, many people make mistakes. We all do. Do you claim you have never done anything bad in life? Are you the one who is qualified to throw the first stone, as you sinless and blameless? We do not know what pressures exist on someone, what makes them cheat. They deserve our sympathy and help nonetheless. They are not criminals. They are human beings, like ourselves. Next time, please be sensitive and thoughtful, or don't say anything at all.

Biradar

Unread post by Biradar » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:27 pm

SBM wrote: Zinger let Allaha decides the rewards and punishments of people's good deeds or sins and not some human being
Very well said, friend SBM!

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:38 pm

For Zinger
This does not mean – if it is proven that your cousin did commit suicide – that you should not pray for mercy and forgiveness for her, rather you must do that because she needs that. Suicide is not kufr that puts a person beyond the pale of Islam as some people think, rather it is a major sin that is subject to the will of Allaah on the Day of Resurrection: if He wills, He will forgive it, and if He wills He will punish for it. So do not neglect to make du’aa’ for her and be sincere in doing so; perhaps that may be the means of Allaah forgiving her.

And Allaah knows best.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:58 pm

zinger wrote:SBM,
Bro zinger,

If suicide is a sin and I do believe that but is murder not a sin ? If so, then why does a man who is convicted of murder given proper burial after his death unlike the one who committed suicide ? Its high time that brain dead abdes realise that the one who committed suicide needs MORE dua and vasila then a person who died a natural death. Hence, in my personal opinion more should be done by way of prayers and fateha for that person as who knows Allah (swt) kiski Dua sun le !!

dawedaar

Unread post by dawedaar » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:33 pm

Well said biradar, reflects exactly what I wanted to say but was feeling too lazy to write! Looks like humanbeing lost a little humanity!
Biradar wrote:

Wow! What an insensitive post! Here is a young person who killed himself, and you are implying he deserves it. Just can't believe it. My friend, many people make mistakes. We all do. Do you claim you have never done anything bad in life? Are you the one who is qualified to throw the first stone, as you sinless and blameless? We do not know what pressures exist on someone, what makes them cheat. They deserve our sympathy and help nonetheless. They are not criminals. They are human beings, like ourselves. Next time, please be sensitive and thoughtful, or don't say anything at all.

dal-chaval-palidu

Unread post by dal-chaval-palidu » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:05 pm

dawedaar wrote:Well said biradar, reflects exactly what I wanted to say but was feeling too lazy to write! Looks like humanbeing lost a little humanity!
Biradar wrote: Wow! What an insensitive post! Here is a young person who killed himself, and you are implying he deserves it. Just can't believe it. My friend, many people make mistakes. We all do. Do you claim you have never done anything bad in life? Are you the one who is qualified to throw the first stone, as you sinless and blameless? We do not know what pressures exist on someone, what makes them cheat. They deserve our sympathy and help nonetheless. They are not criminals. They are human beings, like ourselves. Next time, please be sensitive and thoughtful, or don't say anything at all.
Brother humanbeing,

That was definately a harsh post.

People make mistakes, like copying. He then just took a rash step.What is puzzling to me even more is that your above statement appears (to me) at odds with your typical posts and your thinking.

bohrabhai

Unread post by bohrabhai » Sat May 02, 2015 5:49 am

IMG-20150501-WA0006.jpg
IMG-20150501-WA0006.jpg
Attachments
IMG-20150429-WA0005.jpg

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Sun May 03, 2015 8:11 am

dal-chaval-palidu wrote:
dawedaar wrote:Well said biradar, reflects exactly what I wanted to say but was feeling too lazy to write! Looks like humanbeing lost a little humanity!
Brother humanbeing,

That was definately a harsh post.

People make mistakes, like copying. He then just took a rash step.What is puzzling to me even more is that your above statement appears (to me) at odds with your typical posts and your thinking.
I am sorry fellas ! I made a harsh comment. I was insensitive, but not wrong. I understand life can be so hard it can push a person to verge of ending it. Cheating was not a mistake it was a deliberate act. Be it mistake or sins, one does not have to end their life. I am sorry once again for disturbing reader’s sensibilities. I feel bad for this young man who took this extreme step. I am upset at this young man’s action. Did life become so bad, least he could do was run away and make a better life elsewhere. What state of frustration he left his family and loved ones. I am not judging, there is nothing left to judge. He committed suicide, for whatever, whichever reason is wrong, from the post, reason is lame.

I am sorry once again for my harsh words, my prayers are only for his parents and loved one. Who he left suffering.

HighFlyer

Unread post by HighFlyer » Sun May 03, 2015 10:14 am

Mufaddal has made rat out of most bohra men, most young man has lost balls to accept mistakes or to stand firm in mushkil because they have let down Mushkil Kusa Ali in their day to day life. no wonder this young chap broke down in small matter and committed suicide.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Sun May 03, 2015 11:03 am

I am sorry once again for my harsh words, my prayers are only for his parents and loved one. Who he left suffering.
Br Humanbeing
I am really shocked and surprised with your continued harsh postings. This young man had a very good family and may be he could not bear the shame this would have brought. It is easy to be Monday Morning Quarterbacking but one has to understand that there is extreme pressure on School and College Students in India as expectation are from them to earn high money,
It is easy for you and me to say that he should have look for alternate as we both live out side India.
Your posting to only pray for his parents are very insensitive. As I and others have posted that this young man also needs our prayers that Allaha may forgive his sins and wrong decision, Yes his family is suffering but imagine what this young man might have gone thru when he hung himself, it is not a QUICK DEATH and may have gone thru a torturous death, No one know how long did it take to end his life
I pray to Allaha that this person's soul rests in peace and May Allaha forgive him for his shortcomings while give strength to his family for this great loss,

zinger

Unread post by zinger » Mon May 04, 2015 12:13 am

ghulam muhammed wrote:
zinger wrote:SBM,
Bro zinger,

If suicide is a sin and I do believe that but is murder not a sin ? If so, then why does a man who is convicted of murder given proper burial after his death unlike the one who committed suicide ? Its high time that brain dead abdes realise that the one who committed suicide needs MORE dua and vasila then a person who died a natural death. Hence, in my personal opinion more should be done by way of prayers and fateha for that person as who knows Allah (swt) kiski Dua sun le !!
GM bhai, believe me, i know suicide is a step taken when the person sees absolutely no solution (wrong as they may be, but i will not get into that debate), and i say this from personal, first hand experience. And i believe it or not, i completely agree with what you have said, i have done the same in my heart, albiet not openly about praying for the soul of the suicide victim.

as for the second part about the murderer, im afraid i have no answer for that. it is more of legal law vs religious laws and im not capable to discuss on either.

ultimately, they will both have to answer to Allah on the day of judgement

zinger

Unread post by zinger » Mon May 04, 2015 12:16 am

SBM wrote:
SBM,
yes it may be Sin but who are you to decide. Let Allaha be the judge.
What I mentioned was a true story in our local Jamaat, While Bohra Aamil refused, Sunni community along with local Imam did performed his last rites despite the fact he also agreed that it was Sin but he did not want his family to suffer and he rightfully said that let Allaha be judge and let us pray that Allaha forgives his sins because we do not know the circumstances.
The worst part was Bohra Aamil even told Jamaat members not to participate in his last rites despite the fact this person and his family are die hard Abdes/Amtes
Zinger let Allaha decides the rewards and punishments of people's good deeds or sins and not some human being
i agreed with you. i was only pointing out what you wrote in the original post "since Bohra Clergy considers Suicide as a sin"

My contention, incase you didnt realise, was the way you worded your post, making it seem like only the Bohra clergy consider suicide a sin. which i pointed out was flawed. Hope you get the point now

zinger

Unread post by zinger » Mon May 04, 2015 12:21 am

SBM wrote:For Zinger
This does not mean – if it is proven that your cousin did commit suicide – that you should not pray for mercy and forgiveness for her, rather you must do that because she needs that. Suicide is not kufr that puts a person beyond the pale of Islam as some people think, rather it is a major sin that is subject to the will of Allaah on the Day of Resurrection: if He wills, He will forgive it, and if He wills He will punish for it. So do not neglect to make du’aa’ for her and be sincere in doing so; perhaps that may be the means of Allaah forgiving her.

And Allaah knows best.
i agree with what you say, but you were the one who was being judgemental by saying "since Bohra Clergy considers Suicide as a sin" thereby implying that only Bohra clergy considers this.

Yes, ultimately Allah will decide, who are you and i to do so.

on an aside, im curious as to why you write Allah as Allaha