List of succession disputes in Dawoodi Bohra HIstory

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
khokawala

List of succession disputes in Dawoodi Bohra HIstory

Unread post by khokawala » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:59 am

I was researching on the succession disputes of various Dai of dawoodi bohra, I wanted the chronology of succession dispute like at what number the first split occured and then when did sulaimani, alavi split occur:

eg:

1212 AH 12 th Dai Sulaimani bohra
14xx AH 44 th Dai Alavi bohra

14xx AH 47 th Dai
14xx AH 53 rd dai ongoing

Sceptical

Re: List of succession disputes in Dawoodi Bohra HIstory

Unread post by Sceptical » Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:14 pm

Imamat
95H/714 : Al-Baqir / Zaidi schism (after Imam Ali ibn Husain Zain-ul-abidin AS)
148H/765 : Ismaili/ Ithna-Asharis schism (after Imam Jafar-as-Sadiq AS)
487H/1094 : Mustali / Nizari schism (after Imam Mustansir Billah AS)
524H/1130 : Tayyebi / Hafizi schism (after Imam Amir AS)

Dai
15th century : Jafari schism (also known as Shia-Sunni Schism)
999H/1591 : Sulaimani schism (after 26th Dai, Syedna Dawood Bin Ajab Shah RA)
1034H/1624 : Alavi-Nagoshi schism (after 28th Dai, Syedna Sheikh Aadam Safiuddin RA)
1171H/1761 : Hibtia schism (during 40th dai era, Syedna Hebatullah RA)
1255H/1840 : Abta-i-Malak schism (after death of 46th Dai, Syedna Mohammad Badruddin RA)

reference : Mullahs on the Mainframe, Jonah Blank

Abuzer

Unread post by Abuzer » Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:20 pm

wow amazing and I am sure they all claim to be on HAQ, now I wonder how come today's generation know actual HAQ.

only coming of Imam is solution to all this.

khokawala

Unread post by khokawala » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:26 am

thanks but there are many more I guess , I heard that even 47th was disputed

Sceptical

Unread post by Sceptical » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:18 pm

khokawala wrote:thanks but there are many more I guess , I heard that even 47th was disputed
you didn't read I guess...
1255H/1840 : Abta-i-Malak schism (after death of 46th Dai, Syedna Mohammad Badruddin RA)

Munira_RV

Unread post by Munira_RV » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:34 pm

Abuzer wrote:wow amazing and I am sure they all claim to be on HAQ, now I wonder how come today's generation know actual HAQ.

only coming of Imam is solution to all this.[/color]
Q1) How today's generation will determine if Mohamed PBUH was really on HAQ (a Prophet) and not otherwise? And if Quran is the HAQ words of Allah?

Q2) Can you cite proof if Allah exist? Remember inference is not equal to proof. Do not cite inferences, cite material evidence. And there after how today's generation will prove the HAQ is with Islamic Allah and not with the God's of other religions?

Q3) How today's generation will determine who was HAQ successor of Mohamed PBUH - Mola Ali a.s. or Hazrat Abu Bakr sahib?

Abuzer

Unread post by Abuzer » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:24 pm

Munira_RV wrote:
Abuzer wrote:wow amazing and I am sure they all claim to be on HAQ, now I wonder how come today's generation know actual HAQ.

Q1) How today's generation will determine if Mohamed PBUH was really on HAQ (a Prophet) and not otherwise? And if Quran is the HAQ words of Allah?

Q2) Can you cite proof if Allah exist? Remember inference is not equal to proof. Do not cite inferences, cite material evidence. And there after how today's generation will prove the HAQ is with Islamic Allah and not with the God's of other religions?

Q3) How today's generation will determine who was HAQ successor of Mohamed PBUH - Mola Ali a.s. or Hazrat Abu Bakr sahib?
^ if you need proof for above points then you are not even muslim and a shia.

muslims and shia already have faith on above points, problem arises when small confusing circles starts creating it self beneath small communities.

fustrate_Bohra

Unread post by fustrate_Bohra » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:04 pm

Munira_RV wrote:

Munira ben the proof is their HUMANITY. Their work towards the betterment of ordinary people and their simple life style. i think this was enough to believe to the core of our heart that rasulallah and his progenies were on haq. They DID what they PREACHED.

Because we believe rasulallah, we believe existence of ALLAH and that ALLAH is one period.

Now you tell us what made you feel that our syednas or more importantly MS is on haq?

think

Unread post by think » Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:18 pm

For argument's sake; history tells us that nabi Dawood and Nabi Suleman were very rich., so to state that if one is rich he cannot be a dai or a religious person does not hold true because Soloman and Dawood nabi were both very rich nabi's. so a rich dai could very well be a genuine representative of Imam Tayeb and then Allah. Allah only knows.

JC

Unread post by JC » Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:29 pm

Think,

What do you think were the 'sources' of the richness of those Nabees?? How did they collect that wealth??

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:47 pm

whole sale misaq.

Munira_RV

Unread post by Munira_RV » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:58 am

Abuzer wrote:
Munira_RV wrote: Q1) How today's generation will determine if Mohamed PBUH was really on HAQ (a Prophet) and not otherwise? And if Quran is the HAQ words of Allah?

^ if you need proof for above points then you are not even muslim and a shia.

muslims and shia already have faith on above points, problem arises when small confusing circles starts creating it self beneath small communities.
Thanks for acknowledging: both Sunni Muslims and Ithna Asheri Shia are not taught proofs (reasoning) and are not convinced about Islam, just their doctrines/dogmas are forced into their head.

fustrate_Bohra

Unread post by fustrate_Bohra » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:11 am

Sry munira_rv, as i mentioned in my above post we (including shiah) n Sunnis HAVE REASONS to believe rasulallah/allah n imams(by us).

kseeker

Unread post by kseeker » Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:22 pm

think wrote:For argument's sake; history tells us that nabi Dawood and Nabi Suleman were very rich., so to state that if one is rich he cannot be a dai or a religious person does not hold true because Soloman and Dawood nabi were both very rich nabi's. so a rich dai could very well be a genuine representative of Imam Tayeb and then Allah. Allah only knows.
The problem is not with the fact that the Dai/Nabi is rich... question is HOW did they become rich.... From 47th to 53rd..pretty much all are of the same family.. so please explain to me how did the 51st Dai become so rich when his family was so poor?

kseeker

Unread post by kseeker » Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:23 pm

Sceptical wrote:
khokawala wrote:thanks but there are many more I guess , I heard that even 47th was disputed
you didn't read I guess...

Can you please be kind enough to share detail on this schism... who is abta i Malak?

Sceptical

Unread post by Sceptical » Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:53 pm

Atba-i-malak
The controversery began with the succession of Syedna Mohammad Badruddin (46th Dai) who died under suspicous circumstances. 15 years later after Syedna Badruddin RA demise, Syedna Abdul Qadir Najmuddin RA (47th Dai) nass was called into question : since the designation had never been made public, critic charged that preceding Dai had been killed to prevent him from anointing a different candidate.

The Abta-i Malak jamaat broke off from Dawoodi Bohra under the leadership of Abdul Hussain Jivaji during the reign of 49th Dai, Syedna Mohammad Burhanuddin RA. Jivaji claimed he had been appointed to the office of Hujja by the Hidden Imam. Hujja is the most important rutbah after Imam.

They split into 2 more branches, the Atba-e-Malak Badar and Atba-i-Malak Vakil.

http://dawoodi-bohras.com/news/185/64/T ... l_article/

Abuzer

Unread post by Abuzer » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:04 pm

so who is current leader? where is his pictures or his website for reference?