Burhanuddin mola to be given Indian civilian padma award

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
araz5253

Re: petitioning to remove burhanuddin's name from padma nomi

Unread post by araz5253 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:29 am

I suggest the central board to also file latest evidences with the petition and not just the nathwani report. Also its high time central board also comes on front lines and become a "dawedar" in the court case to make the case against kothar strong. Most of the bohra all are complaining only central board can do something.

qutub_mamajiwala

Re: Burhanuddin mola to be given Indian civilian padma award

Unread post by qutub_mamajiwala » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:01 am

Akhtiar Wahid wrote:this hunting petition had an amazing effect which instilled fear into the hearts of clergy that how animal activist around the world could tarnish his image of peace loving leader to cruel brutal leader
bro i would like to differ on this matter if u dont mind.
the hunting petition if anything it has achieved is damaging.
it has done just the opposite for what was intended.
now we do not get to see the pics of hunting, but hunting is going on as usual.
so what is more damaging.
in past atleast people would come to know about their activities.
now they do it in secrecy and take care not to publicise the pics.
i think the latter is more damaging, coz damage is being done without anyone knowing.
though i am in favour of petition, this one has gone wrong.

next_generation2014

Unread post by next_generation2014 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:11 am

padma award
Late Shri Syedna Mohammad
Burhanuddin
(Posthumous)
Others Maha
http://mha.nic.in/sites/upload_files/mh ... 2015_0.pdf

fayyaaz

Unread post by fayyaaz » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:32 am

next_generation2014 wrote:padma award
Late Shri Syedna Mohammad
Burhanuddin
(Posthumous)
Others Maha
http://mha.nic.in/sites/upload_files/mh ... 2015_0.pdf
Awards are in 3 categories. High to low?

Those I know by fame:

Padma Vibhushan:

Amitabh Bachchan (2)
Dilip Kumar (5)
Aga Khan (9)

Padma Bhushan:

Bill Gates (18)
Melinda Gates (19)

Padma Shri:

Sanjay Leela Bhansali (7)
Sayedna Muhammad Burhanuddin (63)

Ranks quoted are in alphabetical order by last name. In the Discipline column, Sayedna's award is for 'Others'. Not Literature/Education or Social Work?

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:56 pm

Sayedna's award is for 'Others'. Not Literature/Education or Social Work?
Others---- like Greasing the Palms of NaMo and others, like Johnny Q getting his doctorate from UK.

adna_mumin

Unread post by adna_mumin » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:49 pm

The award must have been politely declined. Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin RA was bestowed highest national honors of many countries. It is a cheap trick of the Modi government to show off their proximity to the prosperous Muslim community of India that our Moula RA built with his lifelong work.

Accepting this award in any fashion is a insult to his memory. A Padma Shri is a honor no less for Indian citizen but Syedna Burhanuddin RA was way above it. That his own country would after a year of his demise choose this category is something Bohras can happily live without. Seems the current clergy and Kothar want a pie of Modi Govt come what may. Its shameful.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:42 pm

humanbeing wrote:I am superbly impressed with kothar's marketing, organizing, logistical capabilities. the money they command and strategies they execute is bang on target and every turn of event is adding to their power and raising their standards of propaganda.
This reminds me of Narendra Modi's lok sabha elections !!

qutub_mamajiwala

Unread post by qutub_mamajiwala » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:14 am

ghulam muhammed wrote:‘Why Padma Award to the most controversial late Sayedna’ asks Bohra group

Mumbai, 24 Jan 2015 : In a press release , Saifuddin Insaf, General Secretary, Central Board of Dawoodi Bohra Community – Mumbai has questioned about government decision to confer prestigious Padma Bhushan Award to late Dawoodi Bohra High Priest, late Sayedna Mohammad Burhanuddin.

http://muslimmirror.com/eng/why-padma-a ... hra-group/
this post is removed from the paper.
any idea why?

Mkenya

Unread post by Mkenya » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:30 pm

Is this the best SMS could get Modi to do after delivering the Bohras as a large vote bank?
And that to BJP?

Ozdundee

Unread post by Ozdundee » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:41 pm

Mkenya wrote:Is this the best SMS could get Modi to do after delivering the Bohras as a large vote bank?
And that to BJP?
50 years of service ..."other activity" countless of BJP funding, media publicity, begging by QJ to NaMo so help for his building connections, Sultan of Sultans...controller of the universe...what did he say in USA Bohra Mitra....

Now the 3rd category of Padma...equals Amitabh Bachan , Salman Khans paa...

Bohras will say things like....apne Su man che ...Keni barakat che....to M........

Heard the words lakh na bara hazar.

I think NaMo deserves the Padma Mahan for outdoing the vyapari kom, I think he has them on a leash !

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:25 pm

STATEMENT IN REPLY TO PARTS (a) TO (c) OF RAJYA SABHA STARRED QUESTION NO. 34 ANSWERED ON 24.2.2010 REGARDING 'CRITERIA FOR SELECTING PADMA AWARDEES'.

(a): In terms of the rules/guidelines regulating Padma Awarels, 'Padma Vibhushan' is given for 'exceptional and distinguished service', 'Padma Bhushan' for 'distinguished service of a high order' and 'Padma Shri' for 'distinguished service' in any field of activity.

Nomination for the award Is open to all. It Is the practice to invite nominations of the award every year from all StatelUT governments, Central Ministries/Departments, Institutes of Excellence and Bharat Ratna and Padma Vlbhushan awardees. Besides nominations from institutional sources, a large number of recommendations are also received from various sources like Governors, Chief Ministers, Cabinet Ministers, Members of Parliament, private institutions/bodies and individuals etc. Even self sponsored nominations are also received.

All these nominations are compiled in the form of self speaking citations and placed before the Awards Committee for its consideration. The Padma Awards Committee is constituted by the Prime Minister every year. The Committee scrutinizes all nominatlonslrecommendations placed before it and makes its recommendations for approval of the competent authority.

The basis of selection is the body of work of the individual In any given field and a view Is taken in respect of each nomination by the Padma Awards Committee. No Padma award Is conferred except on the recommendation of the Padma Awards Committee.

R.S.S.Q.NO.34 FOR 24.2.2010

A due diligence exercise, including verification by premier investigatingfintelligence agencies of the Government is undertaken in respect of persons shortllsted by the Padma Awards Committ_ before finalization and announcement of the names on the occasion of Republic Day.

http://www.rajeev.in/News/Questions_Par ... rdees.html

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:28 pm

Padma Awards: Present Selection criteria is flawed per se.

Realizing the human motivation of recognition and in order to press a healthy competition among citizenries to engage themselves in social well being, awards are given to civilians to excel in their field of endeavour benefitting the humanity. The Government of India instituted on 2nd January 1954 Civilian awards known as Padma Awards. The categories are: Padma Vibhushan, Padma Bhushan and Padma Shri.

The most appropriate portion from where we should be drawing inspiration to decide who is most deserved for these awards is-- “Padma Awards are given for exceptional and distinguished service in any field including service rendered by Government servants.” This appropriate portion is culled from govt of India website: http://india.gov.in/myindia/padma_awards.php

And therefore it comes to my mind that only one word is here very important that should be our guiding factor in deciding who are deserving and finally who are deserving the most.

The word is-
“Service” and Service must be exceptional and distinguished.
Then next question crop up- how we should be defining Service ?

Service should imply the work/ contribution of a person- exceptional and distinguished in nature, be in any given field. Also in my view- the forms and degrees of service/ work/ contribution may differ but the basic idea remain the same that their Service has chiefly added something more to the quality of life of the people.

The alleged act of Govt of india of giving Padma Awards to undeserving people and their no justification for the same follows deserving people not getting these coveted Padma Awards, leading to arbitrariness on the part of govt, violating right to equality before law, i.e. violation of Article 14 of constitution of India. If it is found that undeserving persons have been conferred these prestigious awards then this Hon'ble Court under Article 226 of Constitution of India can give authoritative directions to the 'State' as defined in Article 12 of Constitution of India.

The Indian experience with regard to the Executives over six decades has been one of exploitation darkening into misgiving, misgiving deepening into despair and despair exploding as adventurist violence. The catagorical imperative for stability in democracy is, therefore, to see that every instrumentality is functionally kept on course and any deviance or misconduct, abuse or aberration, corruption or delinquency is duly monitored and disciplinary measures taken promptly to make unprofitable for the delinquents to depart from the code of conduct and to make it possible for people, social activists, professional leaderships and other duly appointed agencies to enforce punitive therapeutics when culprits violate moral-legal norms.

Therefore this Hon'ble Court is requested to take cognizance of this letter.

http://commonlaw-sandeep.blogspot.in/20 ... teria.html

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:33 pm

Padma Awards are ranked as following :-

'Padma Vibhushan' is awarded for exceptional and distinguished service;
'Padma Bhushan' for distinguished service of high order
'Padma Shri' for distinguished service in any field.

which means that the most prestigious is "Padma Vibhushan", followed by "Padma Bhushan" and LASTELY by "Padma Shri".

After hectic parleys and frantic efforts by Muffy's PR team, he has managed to get hold of the last category in the list of awards. He has managed to get "Padma SHRI" for his late father and interestingly Prince Aga Khan and actor Dilip Kumar appear on the list of the MOST prestigious award of "Padma VIBHUSHAN".

Full list: Padma Awards 2015

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/full-list-pa ... 838-3.html

Critical_Thinker

Unread post by Critical_Thinker » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:37 pm

araz5253 wrote:The media has come out with the leaked list of padma nominees which includes the 52# "syedna" , this is an outright insult to the reform movement which has worked since generations to expose the corrupt priesthood and certainly this priest cannot be honored by this award , hence I am writing a petition to the padma comitte to withdraw his nomination , for this I need evidences in the form of news clippings , newspaper reports from reliable sources to prove that this candidate is not at all worthy of this award ,hence the nomination be dismissed.

Already there is a big opposition to many of the nominees on the media , and hopefully many will be removed from the list and final list will be announced next month.
Likewise if 52 is not removed from the list, then it will again be an outright insult to the reform movement.
It will mean that the indian government disagrees with us and indirectly is against us.
It will also give the SMS jamaat reason to gloat and further paint us as the enemy.

Yet another hugely counter-productive move by saifuddin insaf, which will lead to embarrassment for the progressives.

Critical_Thinker

Unread post by Critical_Thinker » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:48 pm

Ozdundee wrote:
Critical_Thinker wrote: Bad idea:
Firstly, these online petitions rarely achieve anything, just like the previous one against hunting.
Secondly, there will only be a small number of signatures which is embarrassing to say the least.
CT what is your better suggestion ? you are critic right
and why do you think the hunting petition did not achieve in forcing Sms to not distribute photos. he has to do it discreet lyrics
A better suggestion would have been to not do anything this foolish to begin with.
Its highly unlikely that anybody will listen to such a small number of people and remove 52 from the list.
Take a look at the petition, does it have 250,000 or even 25,000 signatures?
No, as of today, it has only 25.
Epic fail.

The hunting photographs were never 'distributed' outside the bohra community.
They actually 'leaked' out by mistake.
Im sure there will be other mistakes and we will see more pictures in the future.

However the point of the petition was to stop the hunting, not stop photos of the hunting.
In that regard it was also an epic fail as the hunting has now increased even further under SMS.

You thinking that not seeing photos is some kind of achievement is pathetic and disgraceful.
It would be like you starting a campaign against starvation in africa.
Despite your efforts you know that even more people are starving to death.
Yet you feel happy because you are not seeing pictures of it anymore.
You consider this an achievement do you?

Critical_Thinker

Unread post by Critical_Thinker » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:03 pm

Akhtiar Wahid wrote:this hunting petition had an amazing effect which instilled fear into the hearts of clergy that how animal activist around the world could tarnish his image of peace loving leader to cruel brutal leader
Not true at all as SMS is still hunting to this day.
And if I remember correctly, that petition didnt even get past 1,000 signatures.
Nobody takes any notice of such small numbers, especially the kothar.

Critical_Thinker

Unread post by Critical_Thinker » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:16 pm

humanbeing wrote:
DisillusionedDB wrote:They would have accepted the award for show off but now since Baba Ramdev and Sri Sri have declined, the kothar will also have to decline or lose face.
No way !! Kothar or muffy maula would never refuse or decline it. receiving of the award is epic and they would turn it into a gala celebration. a huge marketing promotion. what's next. Muffay maula on the Forbes list, most influential man of the year or century ?

I am superbly impressed with kothar's marketing, organizing, logistical capabilities. the money they command and strategies they execute is bang on target and every turn of event is adding to their power and raising their standards of propaganda.

Look at the kothar's class and scale of operations. private jets, helicopters, fancy new car in every ride, bungalow in every city, farm houses in selective locales, cute buggy rides, fancy ziyafats, every second of air-time of kothari's dai is sold. Political contact ? what the heck, prime minister is in the pocket. This guys are on a roll. I wish them more success, arrogance, invincibility, aggression, opulence, extravagance and ayyashi.
I wish them more success, arrogance, invincibility, aggression, opulence, extravagance and ayyashi.
I know you are being sarcastic but sadly this is exactly what is going to happen.
Because no other bohras will stand up to the them like we did in udaipur.
Instead all they want to do is comment on forums and sign online petitions.

fiate2000

Unread post by fiate2000 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:01 pm

……..And that's why central govt honored him!
Ramdev's pharmacies selling medicine to help bear male children
http://www.hindustantimes.com/chandigar ... 11268.aspx

DisillusionedDB

Unread post by DisillusionedDB » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:03 am

Times of India - 31/01/2015 - Page 9
Attachments
TOI Mumbai Pg 9.JPG

Bohra spring

Unread post by Bohra spring » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:32 am

Critical_Thinker wrote:
Not true at all as SMS is still hunting to this day.
And if I remember correctly, that petition didnt even get past 1,000 signatures.
Nobody takes any notice of such small numbers, especially the kothar.
CT I am the author of the petition and I intentionally set the limit of 1000. I could have set it 10,000 or 100000. petition is closed. You have given me an idea why not start it again ?

I got what I wanted from it and most of the petition signatories are non bohra . Mission accomplished! He can not brag about it he has to hide his bad habits .
I was inspired by Ozdundee to walk the talk did what I could and am now Azad Bohra. OK back to my hibernation

S. Insaf

Unread post by S. Insaf » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:43 pm

Padma Shri is the lowest category Award. A RSS supporter ordinary Dawoodi Bohra, Muzaffer Hussain Neemuchwala was awarded Padma Shri during Atal Bihari regime, some ten years before late Syedna Burhanuddin.

Ozdundee

Unread post by Ozdundee » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:44 pm

S. Insaf wrote:Padma Shri is the lowest category Award. A RSS supporter ordinary Dawoodi Bohra, Muzaffer Hussain Neemuchwala was awarded Padma Shri during Atal Bihari regime, some ten years before late Syedna Burhanuddin.
Well now explains why there was no coast to coast bushra celebrations and abdes suddenly went silent.

It is like a posthumous Oscar for best supporting act in non English category.

Now Modi has outsmarted these zadas and given a bitter pill of how they treat poor slaves.

An Abde who gives thousands of rupees as wajebat or Najwa, the zada in return gives a big fake smile , a Handerchief and a words like barakat thai.

And the some respected comrades also wanted to deny them the rumal privilege ! How cruel ! :D

Now let us see how high abdes sing Modi praises and give crores....and almost lap dance to politicians tune.

Well the best analysis is the abdes will self calibrate their true nett worth in the Indian society and stop pretending that they are centre of universe.

By the way who went to receive the award ?

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:38 pm

S. Insaf wrote:Padma Shri is the lowest category Award. A RSS supporter ordinary Dawoodi Bohra, Muzaffer Hussain Neemuchwala was awarded Padma Shri during Atal Bihari regime, some ten years before late Syedna Burhanuddin.
Even Mr. Zain Rangoonwala, Chairman of Bombay Mercantile Co-op Bank Ltd, was awarded a Padma Shri but instead of appreciating his achievements he was ex-communicated by the Dai for not following his diktats of nominating the zaadas on the board of the bank.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:00 pm

SMB IN THE COMPNAY OF HINDU RELIGIOUS LEADERS.

More religious leaders got Padma awards this year than in all Congress regimes

Six of the eight chosen for the honours are Hindu.

The Padma awards have always been used by ruling establishments to reward their supporters or people agreeable to their ideology. But even by that yardstick, the Bharatiya Janata Party-led Union government has surpassed its predecessors.

It announced on Sunday this year’s Padma awardees and included in the list eight religious leaders. That is one more religious leader than the previous National Democratic Alliance government had honoured in its whole tenure, and as many as all Congress regimes combined had honoured

Six of the eight religious leaders in this year’s list are Hindu swamis. One is the late Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin, former leader of the Bohris, a Muslim community that supports the Modi government. The eighth is Theg Tse Rinpoche, a lama and an Arunachali politician.

Two controversial names, Baba Ramdev and Sri Sri Ravi Shankar, were not on the list. Both had declined the honour on Saturday after a version of the list was leaked in the media.

Swami Rambhadracharya is a Vishva Hindu Parishad leader with an extensive body of work in Sanskrit. Shivakumara Swami is the head of the Sree Siddaganga Mutt in Karnataka. Both Swami Satyamitrananda Giri and Jagatguru Amrta Suryananda Raja, who is a Non-Resident Indian in Portugal, have worldwide followings. Vedic guru David Frawley, who goes by the name of Pandit Vamadeva Shastri, is American.

Not unexpectedly, the list of Padma awardees has already begun eliciting criticism. In a press release, Bohra reformists pointed out that Burhanuddin’s tenure as Syedna was marked by autocratic control and systematic suppression of dissent that is now playing out to its end in the succession battle between his son and brother.

Of course, religious leaders need not be defined solely by their faith and it is possible that they do such considerable social work that would merit a Padma award for them. Nevertheless, some people have been given Padma awards for the sole reason of being religious leaders.

http://scroll.in/article/702399/More-re ... ss-regimes

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:13 pm

Become a Baba Get a Padma Award!!!!

I am seriously thinking of renouncing the world and donning saffron or white robes.

You may wonder what made me consider such a drastic step. It is all because of the annual Padma awards doled out during Republic Day.

For years hoping against hope I thought they would confer one on me.. The reason for this was my father’s never-say-die optimism. “ Just wait and watch they will soon run out of people for giving Padma awards and will turn to us begging us to accept at least a Padmashri” He used to say.

But his optimism now appears misplaced. The poor man gave up his ghost without getting the award. And for years I have to be content with ogling at Padma Lakshmi on TV and saying hi to my mother-in-law whose name is Padma. That was all I had anything to do with the awards’ prefix Padma.

This year I find that the awards list is swarming with babas. It is almost if the government had come up with the ad slogan: “Become a baba and get a Padma award. Offer only until stocks last!!!!”

Look at the list. They gave Padma Vibhushan to one Jagatguru Ramanandacharya Ramabhadracharya. Jagatguru means guru of the world Oh sure, the whole world I standing in queue to listen to his words of wisdom. I am sure then I am not a part of this world because I have never heard of him.

He isn’t the only one. Veerendra Hegde of Dharmasthala is strictly not a baba but he runs a flourishing temple and is therefore almost one.hell of a baba.. There is an American who changed his yankee name to Vamadeva and is running a vedic research centre who is among the awardees.

There is a Sivakumara Swamy a Karnataka-based baba who has got Padma Bhushan.. An NRI swamy Jagat Guru (not another guru of the world!!!!) Amrita Suryananda Maha Raja (of which nation?) and a Swami Satyamitranand are among the Padmas,

It is heart-breaking to see babas like Asaram, Nityananda, Premananda (posthumously) , Baba Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh Insaan and Nirmal Baba being excluded from the padma list..Nirmal Baba at least should have been considered for his contribution to medical science,with his pathbreaking discovery that rasgullas can cure diabetes.

And since Bharat Ratna is being conferred on the dead and departed why not one for Satya Sai Baba the greatest conjuror the country has ever produced who by a flick of his wrist was able to bring up anything from sacred ashes to wristwatches?.

What is the big fun in including babas who are not mired in controversy. No one has heard of all these babas.. But there is one consolation; To prove its secular credentials, the government has given a posthumous padmashri to Syedna Burhanuddin, the head of the Dawoodi Bohra sect. The Syedna was notorious for his tight grip over the community. Those who did not kowtow his line 100% were ostracized. Their kids were not allowed into schools and colleges run by him. Other Dawoodi Bohras were barred from having any kind of relationships with them. That was nothing. When they were dead, their bodies were not allowed to buried in Dawoodi Bohra cemeteries.. Ah at least one controversial baba has got the award even after he is long gone, to spice up the list.

So tell me, am I wrong in getting tempted to renounce the world.? You can forget Padma awards there are also other perks. A householder is saddled with one wife who watches with an eagle’s eye whether the hubby is upto any mischief with other women. But a baba has no wife having renounced the world and is free to have merry romps with PYTs. If you don’t believe me ask Swami Nityananda. Of course we can’t forget all the cash the babas get from the gullible oops sorry devotees.to enable them to lead a saintly, holy luxurious life. .

http://creative.sulekha.com/become-a-ba ... 21813_blog

Smart

Unread post by Smart » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:33 am

The Padma Shri was a spit in face and a kick in the pants of abdes. After kissing the feet of NaMo and giving him crores, what you get is an insult in form of a pittance. Like Ramdev and the double Sri, his descendants could have refused, but 'beggars can't be choosers', right? This is no "fathe mubeen" and it is good that they have been shown their place.

Critical_Thinker

Unread post by Critical_Thinker » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:29 am

Im sure I posted an update to the petition before, let me try again.
It has now reached the enormous number of 340,000 signatures.
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/sayedna

Im kidding, it only has 34.
Well done everyone.
This forum has shown the kothar we are a force to be reckoned with!

lawgraduate

Unread post by lawgraduate » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:18 am

Critical_Thinker wrote:Im sure I posted an update to the petition before, let me try again.

Well done everyone.
LOOOL :D :mrgreen: :P

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:51 pm

Critical_Thinker wrote:Im sure I posted an update to the petition before, let me try again.

Well done everyone.
If your brain was not soiled like the diapers you change you would notice that even it has only 34 signatures but you are still talking about it
and that in itself is called JAGRUTI

Critical_Thinker

Unread post by Critical_Thinker » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:54 pm

SBM wrote:

Well done everyone.
If your brain was not soiled like the diapers you change you would notice that even it has only 34 signatures but you are still talking about it
and that in itself is called JAGRUTI
Im talking about it because nobody else is.
Which means it is has amounted to nothing.
As expected.

On a positive note though, at least we now have an accurate figure for how many people read this forum.
Youve said many times that this forum is extremely important and read by countless people.
Obviously this is incorrect as we only have 34, so do you now agree that this place is insignificant?
If you still disagree, then what is your explanation for this figure being so pathetically low?

Hopefully you can persuade these 34 people to donate to your fund.
$5253 divided by 34 is exactly $154.50 each.
Unfortunately I wont be donating as I need the money to buy diapers.
However Im sure you can pay my share, as you are the generous man who came up with the idea.