The Concept of Nazr-Ul-Maqaam

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
HMALAK

The Concept of Nazr-Ul-Maqaam

Unread post by HMALAK » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:24 am

Dear All,
I'm happy to be back on this forum after so many months as I was on bed rest as I suffered with a dreadful, close to death accident way back in September 2014. In this time so many things changed in the community.
I was sitting with my mother one fine day and asked her that why didn't she allow me to apply for mediclaim, it would be helpful when I've already spent 100,000 after the accident for medication. She told that I gave Nazr-ul-Maqaam so that everybody of us could be safe. And I know she gives much amount to this fund. I just asked her whether our leaders will give the money to us as we have suffered heavy expenditure and she was silent. This is when she realized that Nazr-ul-Maqaam is none other than a money making schemes.

WELCOME TO ONE ANOTHER SCAM of the Bohra Community(I know I'm exaggerating a bit). I don't know again what does it happened to this money which is collected in the form of Nazr-ul-Maqaam. Where are they used? Probably in some Chartered Flights or AC Baggis or Poolside Ziyafats. So basically we are ending up paying more. 1, we pay the medical bills and 2, we pay Nazr-ul-Maqaam.

I don't know what the purpose is but the current Syedna told once that tamne Insurance ni zarurat che, tame sirf Imam-uzzaman ni Nazar maano.

But for them it is very easy to get money, but for earning money we have to work hard. Hum Haraam ki Kamaai ka nahi khaate Sahab.

I request all the forum members to shed some information and statistics on this. And your feedback and advices are welcomed if I've shared something wrong.

GOD BLESS ALL...!!!

Kharas_Mithas

Re: The Concept of Nazr-Ul-Maqaam

Unread post by Kharas_Mithas » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:43 am

HMALAK wrote:Dear All,
I'm happy to be back on this forum after so many months as I was on bed rest as I suffered with a dreadful, close to death accident way back in September 2014. In this time so many things changed in the community.
I was sitting with my mother one fine day and asked her that why didn't she allow me to apply for mediclaim, it would be helpful when I've already spent 100,000 after the accident for medication. She told that I gave Nazr-ul-Maqaam so that everybody of us could be safe. And I know she gives much amount to this fund. I just asked her whether our leaders will give the money to us as we have suffered heavy expenditure and she was silent. This is when she realized that Nazr-ul-Maqaam is none other than a money making schemes.

WELCOME TO ONE ANOTHER SCAM of the Bohra Community(I know I'm exaggerating a bit). I don't know again what does it happened to this money which is collected in the form of Nazr-ul-Maqaam. Where are they used? Probably in some Chartered Flights or AC Baggis or Poolside Ziyafats. So basically we are ending up paying more. 1, we pay the medical bills and 2, we pay Nazr-ul-Maqaam.

I don't know what the purpose is but the current Syedna told once that tamne Insurance ni zarurat che, tame sirf Imam-uzzaman ni Nazar maano.

But for them it is very easy to get money, but for earning money we have to work hard. Hum Haraam ki Kamaai ka nahi khaate Sahab.

I request all the forum members to shed some information and statistics on this. And your feedback and advices are welcomed if I've shared something wrong.

GOD BLESS ALL...!!!
Brother
Sorry to hear the unfortunate accident!!!! Glad to see you back safe. may allah keep you in hifazat and gran shifa.

Nazrul Makaam is to protect saify mahal crowd from any atrocities in future and continue leaving life of kings, queens and princess. Nothing else. The best way is to collect your own nazrul makaam fund and do Kaare Khair. So that you remain away from Bala's

fustrate_Bohra

Unread post by fustrate_Bohra » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:07 pm

Hmalak bhai, ur mother has done the right thing by giving funds in the name of nazrul makaam other wise you wouldnt have survived :lol:
Anyways, good to know that you are now ok.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:22 pm

Bro HMALAK,

Wishing you a speedy recovery !! Now coming to the point, has anyone questioned if the Dai himself contributes to the Nazrul Makam fund ? In case if he does then how ?................ He removes money from his right pocket and puts it back in his left pocket !! :lol: :lol:

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:41 pm

"Nazar Muqam" according to bohras is an amount kept aside in the name of hidden imam for various reasons...... for insuring a safe journey, for insuring barkat in business, for insuring speedy recovery of the sick etc. etc. The amount thus accumulated over a period of one year is then given in ramzan while paying wajebat to the dai as he is supposed to have the sole 'power of attorney' from the hidden imam. It is another point that there is a column of 'nazar muqam' in the wajebat form wherein one has to compulsarily offer the said amount irrespective of whether he has kept aside any amount in the name of nazar muqam all throughout, needless to say that the amount is fixed as per whims and fancies of kothar.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:50 pm

A post by S. Insaf on the subject :-

Nazar Mukam: This is also not as per Quran or Islamic Shariah. It is vow (mannat) money kept aside as offering to hidden Imam. When an orthodox Dawoodi Bohra goes out of his/her house for any adventurous work, or when he/she is in trouble like some dear one has not returned home - lost his/her way in journey - faced with some natural calamity – involved in some legal matter etc. he/she makes a vow to keep aside certain sum of money as offering to hidden Imam and later distributes it among poor and needy Muslims.

Earlier every Dawoodi Bohra house used to keep a separate box of collecting Nazar-Mukam. The money then was given as loan to help some Bohra/s in need and the receiver/s also used to treat this amount as offering to Imam and return as and when he/she was able to pay back.

According to “Haqiqatun Naiaam” a risla written by Sayedi Khoj bin Malak “the system of Nazar-Mukam was devised by our 23rd Sayedna Peerkhan Shujauddin in Ahmedabad. The reason was that Sayedna Qutbuddin Shaheed was beheaded by Sunni ruler of Gujarat and under fear and pressure Dawoodi Bohras were converting to Sunni faith. Some were converted due to economical constraints. To help such needy Bohras, Sayedna Peerkhan Saheb had devised this custom of Nazar-Mukam. Since it benefited the needy Bohras in time of difficulty successive Dais also kept the custom continued among Bohras.

In general Shias there is a tradition of tying some coins on the right arm of a dear one who is going on journey or for any adventurous work. It is known as “Imam Zamin”. Perhaps Sayedna Peerkhan Saheb coined the word Nazar-Imam on the same line which later on came to be known as Nazar-Mukam.

The meaning of word Nazar Mukam: Nazar or Nazarana means offering and Mukam means occasion (like we say “yeh gaur karne ka Mukam hai). Therefore Nazar-Mukan means “Occasional offering” not regular offering like Zakat. Now off course like Zakat and Fitra, Nazar-Mukam is also forcefully collected by the Amils of Sayedna Saheb. It has now lost its significance at it does not help Bohras in need and therefore it is not obligatory to pay any amount to Amil or Sayedna Saheb in the name of Nazar Mukam.

HMALAK

Unread post by HMALAK » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:23 am

fustrate_Bohra wrote:Hmalak bhai, ur mother has done the right thing by giving funds in the name of nazrul makaam other wise you wouldnt have survived :lol:
Bro Fustrate_Bohra,

But I suppose the funds are taken for security and to be frank I was not secured against any loss of money in medication.
What you are talking is completely different. It is about faith. I am talking about the economic point of view.

Anyways, Thank you for your wishes.

HMALAK

Unread post by HMALAK » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:27 am

ghulam muhammed wrote:Bro HMALAK,

Wishing you a speedy recovery !! Now coming to the point, has anyone questioned if the Dai himself contributes to the Nazrul Makam fund ? In case if he does then how ?................ He removes money from his right pocket and puts it back in his left pocket !! :lol: :lol:

No they can not even do that. They cannot take their own money out in any form. I know there must be insurance policies for each and every person in the so called Royal Family.

HMALAK

Unread post by HMALAK » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:31 am

ghulam muhammed wrote:A post by S. Insaf on the subject :-

Nazar Mukam: This is also not as per Quran or Islamic Shariah. It is vow (mannat) money kept aside as offering to hidden Imam. When an orthodox Dawoodi Bohra goes out of his/her house for any adventurous work, or when he/she is in trouble like some dear one has not returned home - lost his/her way in journey - faced with some natural calamity – involved in some legal matter etc. he/she makes a vow to keep aside certain sum of money as offering to hidden Imam and later distributes it among poor and needy Muslims.

Earlier every Dawoodi Bohra house used to keep a separate box of collecting Nazar-Mukam. The money then was given as loan to help some Bohra/s in need and the receiver/s also used to treat this amount as offering to Imam and return as and when he/she was able to pay back.

According to “Haqiqatun Naiaam” a risla written by Sayedi Khoj bin Malak “the system of Nazar-Mukam was devised by our 23rd Sayedna Peerkhan Shujauddin in Ahmedabad. The reason was that Sayedna Qutbuddin Shaheed was beheaded by Sunni ruler of Gujarat and under fear and pressure Dawoodi Bohras were converting to Sunni faith. Some were converted due to economical constraints. To help such needy Bohras, Sayedna Peerkhan Saheb had devised this custom of Nazar-Mukam. Since it benefited the needy Bohras in time of difficulty successive Dais also kept the custom continued among Bohras.

In general Shias there is a tradition of tying some coins on the right arm of a dear one who is going on journey or for any adventurous work. It is known as “Imam Zamin”. Perhaps Sayedna Peerkhan Saheb coined the word Nazar-Imam on the same line which later on came to be known as Nazar-Mukam.

The meaning of word Nazar Mukam: Nazar or Nazarana means offering and Mukam means occasion (like we say “yeh gaur karne ka Mukam hai). Therefore Nazar-Mukan means “Occasional offering” not regular offering like Zakat. Now off course like Zakat and Fitra, Nazar-Mukam is also forcefully collected by the Amils of Sayedna Saheb. It has now lost its significance at it does not help Bohras in need and therefore it is not obligatory to pay any amount to Amil or Sayedna Saheb in the name of Nazar Mukam.

So the purpose of the Nazrul-Maqaam was for economical reasons and to help the needy by keeping our money aside.
But in the modern era this Royal Beggars are taking our money we put aside. And the irony is that thousands of people can not even have access to basic facility, and this Royal Family people waste money in AC Baggi and Chartered Flights...

Thank you Ghulambhai for the information and Insaaf Sir for the helpful written piece

fustrate_Bohra

Unread post by fustrate_Bohra » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:46 am

HMALAK wrote:
fustrate_Bohra wrote:Hmalak bhai, ur mother has done the right thing by giving funds in the name of nazrul makaam other wise you wouldnt have survived :lol:
Bro Fustrate_Bohra,

But I suppose the funds are taken for security and to be frank I was not secured against any loss of money in medication.
What you are talking is completely different. It is about faith. I am talking about the economic point of view.

Anyways, Thank you for your wishes.
Br. I had written it in sarcastic form. If you had ask this question to amil or even to any fanatic superstitious abdes u would have got this reply.

i too dont believe on any such kind of beliefs be it nazar mukam or vajebaat or zakat or xyz because i know from the core of my heart that our hard earned money r utilized by this dacoit families for their on vested interest and not on poor or needy bohras.

Just keep on concentrating to improvise deeds as this will eventually help us in this world to stay happier and hereafter. This is what i believe and what i do.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:54 am

I know there must be insurance policies for each and every person in the so called Royal Family.
It's called SAIFY HOSPITAL

Kharas_Mithas

Unread post by Kharas_Mithas » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:06 pm

ghulam muhammed wrote:"Nazar Muqam" according to bohras is an amount kept aside in the name of hidden imam for various reasons...... for insuring a safe journey, for insuring barkat in business, for insuring speedy recovery of the sick etc. etc. The amount thus accumulated over a period of one year is then given in ramzan while paying wajebat to the dai as he is supposed to have the sole 'power of attorney' from the hidden imam. It is another point that there is a column of 'nazar muqam' in the wajebat form wherein one has to compulsarily offer the said amount irrespective of whether he has kept aside any amount in the name of nazar muqam all throughout, needless to say that the amount is fixed as per whims and fancies of kothar.
I have never seen debate on amount of nazar mukaam paid alongwith wajebaat. Although there is a coloumn but voluntary.

Ozdundee

Unread post by Ozdundee » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:58 pm

What the initiator of this topic asked is not yet answered...it is the PK situation

He gave out money in the hope he would be protected or receive help with reimbursement of expenses like in general insurance. He did not get both compensation or protection! Was there Money back guranteed , lifetime warranty , goods received not as described.

But an abde is tuned to say he could have got a bigger calamity so this payouts prevented the worst happening ! One can never win the argument with an abde.

What is intriguing followers are convinced that all their worldly wealth is transitional and should worry about wealth of sawab in hereafter ...while these Mullahs and sheikh con the wealth out of us either as big ziyafats or drip as small tokens

I once asked one Amil or top kothar...what if I also traded with you in virtual dollars or bit coin or the currency of heaven ...Iou ...you can guess how our expressions went thereon

Vyaparis will know this is how it works , I buy blessing in hereafter ..I get a promissory note of goods to be received in future and I give bank guarantee that I will pay heaven riyals at fixed exchange rate , cash on delivery of goods!

For Mr Sir Imam...please show your id and you may collect your money, I hope you are legally present Visa, residency card, citizenship...no middle men or managers. While we await your money is safe in my bank with the rest, meanwhile I have paid All General Insurance Corporation , they give me a swipe card for all expenses covered. Those in the U.S. of A , Obamacare is it your Nazral .

I was asking a cop ...what if I lodge a missing person report and bring dozens of witnesses to prove he exists, documents which show he exists , contact details of kin, his property, cash and proof he provides a service ..will they mount a search to find him . They said yes they will prepare an incident report and commence an investigation team and they will ..they have many cases .

Now dear witnesses ready please come forward ?. Yes you ...the one who knows him since childhood...yes you , you went to his party few days ago and sang over the top ...stop looking sideways...we are trying to find him so he can be with you in form..we want to help you and him. We may question him there are dissatisfied clients who may want their money back !

DisillusionedDB

Unread post by DisillusionedDB » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:28 am

ghulam muhammed wrote:A post by S. Insaf on the subject :- ... was devised by our 23rd Sayedna Peerkhan Shujauddin in Ahmedabad ...
It should be 33rd instead of 23rd

DisillusionedDB

Unread post by DisillusionedDB » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:30 am

SBM wrote:
I know there must be insurance policies for each and every person in the so called Royal Family.
It's called SAIFY HOSPITAL
I beg to differ ... they don't trust Saifee Hospital as I have seen they are always jetting to foreign shores for medical treatment.

DisillusionedDB

Unread post by DisillusionedDB » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:36 am

Kharas_Mithas wrote:
ghulam muhammed wrote:"Nazar Muqam" according to bohras is an amount kept aside in the name of hidden imam for various reasons...... for insuring a safe journey, for insuring barkat in business, for insuring speedy recovery of the sick etc. etc. The amount thus accumulated over a period of one year is then given in ramzan while paying wajebat to the dai as he is supposed to have the sole 'power of attorney' from the hidden imam. It is another point that there is a column of 'nazar muqam' in the wajebat form wherein one has to compulsarily offer the said amount irrespective of whether he has kept aside any amount in the name of nazar muqam all throughout, needless to say that the amount is fixed as per whims and fancies of kothar.
I have never seen debate on amount of nazar mukaam paid alongwith wajebaat. Although there is a coloumn but voluntary.
There is no debate because the Vajebat amount includes the NM amount. They don't even ask you what amount you wish to enter in the NM column. They bifurcate the entire amount according to their whim. It's possible others may have a different experience wherein they have been asked to shell out the NM amount separately from the vajebat amount.

berasiawala

Unread post by berasiawala » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:55 pm

Nazrul Muqaam or Imam-e-Zamin as also called is something which is also believed in Sunnis and Shias. It is the amount taken for a particular purpose like a journey, new house, business, illness etc.

I asked the same question as to where this amount goes, although it goes to the Imam however someone told me that it can be accumulated and given to the poor and the needy not as zakat but as a help without expecting any returns as its not a loan, donation, or zakat.

NoorAli-M

Unread post by NoorAli-M » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:44 pm

berasiawala wrote:Nazrul Muqaam or Imam-e-Zamin as also called is something which is also believed in Sunnis and Shias. It is the amount taken for a particular purpose like a journey, new house, business, illness etc.

I asked the same question as to where this amount goes, although it goes to the Imam however someone told me that it can be accumulated and given to the poor and the needy not as zakat but as a help without expecting any returns as its not a loan, donation, or zakat.
In shia they give this amount to "syeds" syeds are those who claims they come from progeny of Muhammed(s).

Syeds can be shia and sunni both.

NoorAli-M

Unread post by NoorAli-M » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:45 pm

Bohra should give this money directly to poor because they dont have concept of syeds, and present line of dai is not syed.