SMS visits UDAIPUR

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
Critical_Thinker

SMS visits UDAIPUR

Unread post by Critical_Thinker » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:29 am

Surprised nobody is talking about SMS recent street party in udaipur!
Then again I suppose its not a surprise as there are no progressives on this forum.

My family back home were expecting this to be recruitment drive from the SMS jammat.
But in the end, all that happened was a big celebration and show of opulence.

My parents went to the proceedings as did many from the progressive jammat.
Apparently it was very enjoyable and at the same time very bemusing!

On one hand it was nicely organised and quite theatrical and entertaining.
On the other hand it was tragically depressing to see how SMS is treated like some kind of celebrity superstar!
Countless people attended including many non-bohras and vips.

Obviously the traditional jammat are quite happy with the way things are.
They gladly waste money on extravagant events like this, indeed they are proud of it!
It is clear that no reform is likely to take place any time soon, as the majority feel there is no need.

Personally, I think our revolution in udaipur has taught the kothar an important lesson.
That they should stop being nasty to the community and start being nice, or at least nicer.
This is obviously working very well for them as their jammat is growing ever bigger and stronger.

Hopefully the traditional jammat are aware and will give credit to the progressives for this.
If it wasnt for us fighting back all those years ago, things would not be so pleasant for them today.

Some pictures for you all from our local news:

http://udaipurtimes.com/photos-udaipur- ... ra-priest/

http://udaipurtimes.com/mass-procession ... community/

http://udaipurtimes.com/photos-syedna-a ... followers/

fustrate_Bohra

Re: SMS visits UDAIPUR

Unread post by fustrate_Bohra » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:56 am

I think somewhat you are correct just because of reformers and now with the current split they are FORCED to behave nice.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:02 pm

There is a saying in Gujarati - bhavtu tu ne vaidh e kidhu,

Critical_Thinker has always been an abde-kothari-lackey at heart. See how she twists and turns everything into progressives are bad and abdes are having a great time? I think she can upgrade from diaper changer to roti maker. :wink:

Biradar

Unread post by Biradar » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:12 pm

Critical_Thinker wrote:My parents went to the proceedings as did many from the progressive jammat.

On the other hand it was tragically depressing to see how SMS is treated like some kind of celebrity superstar!
So, your parents are part of the progressive jamaat and they still went to see the "entertainment"? It appears that for progressives of your stripe, entertainment is more important than truth or standing behind principles. What next? Your parents will join the orthodox jamaat and because it is entertaining? You will promptly start making rotis to please the Head Clown? Perhaps the progressive movement has not grown because people like you and your parents don't want to miss out on the entertainment. How sad.

Critical_Thinker

Unread post by Critical_Thinker » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:54 pm

fustrate_Bohra wrote:I think somewhat you are correct just because of reformers and now with the current split they are FORCED to behave nice.
I wouldnt say they are forced to behave, as the kothar still seem to act very high and mighty.
What they have realised though, is that if they push too hard, they will get a slap across the face.
This is what we did in udaipuri and Im sure they dont want it to happen again anywhere else.

The SKQ jammat must also be playing on their minds too.
However their fight is very different to ours.

Critical_Thinker

Unread post by Critical_Thinker » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:07 pm

anajmi wrote:There is a saying in Gujarati - bhavtu tu ne vaidh e kidhu,

Critical_Thinker has always been an abde-kothari-lackey at heart. See how she twists and turns everything into progressives are bad and abdes are having a great time? I think she can upgrade from diaper changer to roti maker. :wink:
Yes, quite clearly the traditional jammat were having a ball when the SMS circus came to town!
However nobody can see me saying the progressives are bad, because I never have and never will say that.
You could prove me wrong though by quoting my post and highlighting the offending text.
Or perhaps you will ignore this challenge as we both know you are an insignificant yazid-loving liar.

Incidentally, did your mother make you rotis and change your diapers anajmi?
How very insignificant of her.

Critical_Thinker

Unread post by Critical_Thinker » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:19 pm

Biradar wrote:
Critical_Thinker wrote:My parents went to the proceedings as did many from the progressive jammat.

So, your parents are part of the progressive jamaat and they still went to see the "entertainment"? It appears that for progressives of your stripe, entertainment is more important than truth or standing behind principles. What next? Your parents will join the orthodox jamaat and because it is entertaining? You will promptly start making rotis to please the Head Clown? Perhaps the progressive movement has not grown because people like you and your parents don't want to miss out on the entertainment. How sad.
The majority of udaipuris went to see the SMS circus so we are all of the same stripe.
We also go to hindu celebrations, indeed we gladly mix with all communities and enjoy their entertainment.
Going to see what the traditional jammat is doing, does not in any way compromise our principles.
Indeed it strengthens them as we can witness first hand, what we have saved ourselves from!
You may want udaipuris to act like wahhabis and be full of hate against everyone, but Im afraid that is not going to happen.
How sad.

As you are so ignorant and detached from reality, this will give you an immense shock.
In udaipur the progressive jammat and the traditional jammat get on very well!
We study together, work together, play together and even marry together.
We may not agree on certain issues, but we have immense mutual respect for each other.
Inconsequential nobodies like you obviously want us to fight, but those days were over a long time ago.
We live in peace and harmony now, which Im sure upsets you greatly.
How sad.

The progressive movement is huge in udaipur and has grown bigger than we ever expected.
If it hasnt grown in your part of the world, then you have only yourselves to blame for being so cowardly and disorganised.
How sad.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:29 pm

Biradar
Useless to expect any sensible comment from some one who is busy changing diapers, she is no progressive nor is she from Udaipur. She has refused to mention what part of Udaipur is she? Can she give the last names of her parents and one can quickly verify about her lies

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:57 pm

Indeed it strengthens them as we can witness first hand, what we have saved ourselves from!
Precisely what hypocrites are made of. You want to witness that which you have saved yourself from. It obviously means that your attempt at saving yourself from it was feeble or in your case, obviously not intended.
Incidentally, did your mother make you rotis and change your diapers anajmi?
Yes she did. But thankfully, she wasn't taking pictures and making a show out of it. She had the right intentions, unlike the hypocrites that make up the community today.

lawgraduate

Unread post by lawgraduate » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:48 pm

now I am forced to ask, if yazid would arrange entertainment which is against Islam will you still go for the sake of entertainment?

james

Unread post by james » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:36 pm

SBM wrote: she is no progressive nor is she from Udaipur. She has refused to mention what part of Udaipur is she? Can she give the last names of her parents and one can quickly verify about her lies

The trolling by SBM and anajmi against Critical_Thinker is disgusting and inhumane.