books on bohra beleifs - request

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
kseeker

books on bohra beleifs - request

Unread post by kseeker » Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:19 pm

Can anyone provide me with books(ebooks) on the bohra beleifs ( I am reffering to baatin and haqeeqat ; beginning and ending of the world; info about the 'jinns')

These books are not easily available because they re heavily guarded in jammias of surat and karachi..

I would be greatful if any one over here could give me an idea as to where i could find some books in english...thankyou

like_minded

Re: books on bohra beleifs - request

Unread post by like_minded » Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:07 am

You mean the FAIRY TALES

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:48 am

.kseeker
as

The reason Bohra books are not available to Mr. ordinary Bohra is that then they will know the truth about Islam. Your religious leaders want self serving version of Islam dreamed by them.

Read the Waas posted on mumineen.com

I am going to point out few self serving lies in it in separate post.

Wasalaam

spot

Unread post by spot » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:04 pm

kseeker,
you can find many bohra based books on belief and amal through the institute of ismaili studies iis.uk website or ibtauris.com.

local jamia publishers are offering the arabic version of the original books such as diamul islam, alim wa ghulam and others.

some of these are not easy reading type book because the original dais who wrote were trying to convey a somewhat metaphysical understanding of belief in God and other things.

tahir

Unread post by tahir » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:41 pm

There is nothing 'original' about those books. They are highly doctored by the establishment of last two Dais, and we know why! That is not to say that the original books doesn't exist. A few copies are intact and whenever kothar comes to know about someone possesing the unadulterated literature of Fatemid/Ismaili Islam, they pay any price (or use threat) to acquire it and then bastardize it beyond recognition to support their vicious agenda.

mumineen

Unread post by mumineen » Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:10 pm

Did you know that the Kothar has the shortest book for Dawoodi Bohras? It is called:

"Bohra Kothar on Ethics"

First and only chapter and the sentence/phrase"

"Our only ethics is to regualarly extort and transfer as much money as possible from our gullible Dawoodi Bohras to the Kothari Dawat-e-Hadiya."

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:31 pm

Aqa Maula TUS ye aaj ni Waaz ma farmaayu ke "Rasulullah (s.a.w) farmave chhe ke je la ila ha no kalemo parhse to ehnu khun ane ehna maal ni panaah chhe. Je kalemo ikhlaas si parhse e Jannat ma dakhil thai gayo". Islam no alfaaz Qur'an ma 7 waar aayu chhe. Haqiqat na bayaan na bara ma farmayu ke "Haqeeqat na kitaab no ek bhi alfaaz Dai il Mutlaq ni raza bagair parhai nahin."

That is the answer this is the book on Bohras

like_minded

Unread post by like_minded » Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:36 am

Moulas waaz is completely irrelavant and rubbish. Quotes are often from the history (1500 years old) which has nothing to do with the present life.
I pity poor mumeen, who sit patiently and listen to his rubbish with utmost interest.

This bohra religion is basically a religion of convenience, like.. you have to do purda, not the typical black one but the stylish one presently worn, you can do all the wrong things under the sun, and on the other side, sport a long beard, believe in moula, do whatever he says, do purjosh matam, give money to kothar, and boy!! you are on the right path (imaan barkarar che)

Coming back to the subject of Bohra books on belief, I feel that no books in this world could ever teach you how to live, Life itself is a teacher.

If I say that i dont believe in sun, will the sun stop giving its light to me?? The goodness in nature is for everyone whether you believe in it or not. I hope my point is understood here.

tahir

Unread post by tahir » Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:34 am

That bohraism is a religion of convenient escape from moral duties is a well known fact - living in a cushy cocoon of social approval, security, permanency and predictability of things while mechanically prforming the rituals. The irony however is that those inside it, keep believing that they are actually doing something exclusive and difficult and that they are among the few lucky ones to be born ('chosen'!) in that system. They percieve their conditioning as their unshaken belief towards the initiator of brainwashing.

But that is all a standard modus operandi of cults. Every charlatan - from Rev Jim Jones to Sydna Taher Saifuddin - had to instill the sense of exclusiveness in their followers in order to start a viable cult. Images of world moving towards a doom are evoked where only the cult members are assured of a safe passage.

" What I am doing is difficult and my belief for my Guru will be unshaken no matter what the world says about him" is the frequent SBT (self back patting) behaviour syndrome displayed by victims of cults whenever they face uncomfortable and apparently unanswerable questions. This behaviour is common across national boundaries, races and religions. The baseline is - An egomaniac conman preying on people's ignorance, indolence and fear of unknown.

like_minded

Unread post by like_minded » Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:52 am

Originally posted by tahir:
That bohraism is a religion of convenient escape from moral duties is a well known fact - living in a cushy cocoon of social approval, security, permanency and predictability of things while mechanically prforming the rituals. The irony however is that those inside it, keep believing that they are actually doing something exclusive and difficult and that they are among the few lucky ones to be born ('chosen'!) in that system. They percieve their conditioning as their unshaken belief towards the initiator of brainwashing.

But that is all a standard modus operandi of cults. Every charlatan - from Rev Jim Jones to Sydna Taher Saifuddin - had to instill the sense of exclusiveness in their followers in order to start a viable cult. Images of world moving towards a doom are evoked where only the cult members are assured of a safe passage.

" What I am doing is difficult and my belief for my Guru will be unshaken no matter what the world says about him" is the frequent SBT (self back patting) behaviour syndrome displayed by victims of cults whenever they face uncomfortable and apparently unanswerable questions. This behaviour is common across national boundaries, races and religions. The baseline is - An egomaniac conman preying on people's ignorance, indolence and fear of unknown.

like_minded

Unread post by like_minded » Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:55 am

For unanswerable and uncomfortable situations, they have nazar mukam. Again a money making trick by kothar.

tahir

Unread post by tahir » Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:41 pm

And for everything else, they have 'master' card... ;)

observer

Unread post by observer » Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:53 pm

Do not give them any ideas Tahir they might start taking him around in a zamboni

like_minded

Unread post by like_minded » Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:27 am

Lol Tahir, that was a good one!!

JC

Unread post by JC » Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:57 pm

Bohars are not muslims.

these days in the mosques they have written HUSSAIN on BIG screens and posters and they are inside mosques.

They say - Zikr-e-Hussain Telawat-e-Quran See Kum Nathi

- Matam Ain Ebadat Chay

And all that bullshit - I am sure if Hussain were alive, he will die of SHAME on these utternaces.

And I believe that is why Imam is in Purda?? Or there is NO IMAM.. if there were a genuine Imam, he would have balls to come out.

I see a huge conspiracy when on other threads we are talking of hype in Muharram and Burahn not doing Nass and stuff ..... the power strugle is on .....

I see all this hype on Hussain, Moharram and Matam because to me, after Burhan IMAM will APPEAR and he will be from Kothar only - i believe may be Khuzema or someone old, quite, lame, low profile and he will appoint 4 Dais (one each for Asia, Americas, Africa and Europe - Australia may be under any one above). These Dais will be totally independent and will report to Confederation Capital in Mumbai (or may be they will shift it somewhere in Switzerland or there where Imam's brother Aga Khan lives..!!!). The looting will be many folds. Dais will have some stature (and Imam will keep on saying that). Bohras will pay taxes for Imam too..!!!

For Bohras

How can there be such fools?? Is there no fool among fools to stop these fools from doing this foolishness??

I am only a human being - I donot belive in any religion and i would agree with Average Bohra.

Tahir - you are too good and so are others on this board who talk sense. Is there any Kothari Sheep around..??!!!

like_minded

Unread post by like_minded » Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:36 am

Br JC,

Its paisa pheko, tamasha dekho., in this bohra community.