Does sharia law permits health insurance

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
Kharas_Mithas

Does sharia law permits health insurance

Unread post by Kharas_Mithas » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:09 pm

Can someone enlighten more on the subject, Bohra sabaqs are forcing people to give up health insurance benefits provided by the employer.

seeker110

Re: Does sharia law permits health insurance

Unread post by seeker110 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:56 pm

Hard work and exercise are the best insurance. Rest is up to Allah. Yes I do have insurance, its mostly blood pressure and blood tests.

Those who pray are naturally healthy.

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:48 am

seeker110 wrote:Those who pray are naturally healthy.
i know pious praying people suffering from asthma, thyroids, arthritis and breast cancers .. lets get real.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:38 am

Actually, seeker was being sarcastic. He is simply saying that he doesn't pray and hence needs insurance.

DisillusionedDB

Unread post by DisillusionedDB » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:42 am

Kharas_Mithas wrote:Can someone enlighten more on the subject, Bohra sabaqs are forcing people to give up health insurance benefits provided by the employer.
Personally, I don't see anything wrong in health insurance as well as "term" insurance (for life). What could be contentious is "investment" insurance.

Biradar

Unread post by Biradar » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:35 am

seeker110 wrote:Hard work and exercise are the best insurance. Rest is up to Allah. Yes I do have insurance, its mostly blood pressure and blood tests.

Those who pray are naturally healthy.
I agree with this, wholeheartedly. As More-la Muffy and his minions say, take "Nazar-al Maqam" and if you fall sick, use that. Don't forget to send the amount to More-la Muffy at the end of the year though. Also drink fook-nu-pani, eat blessed flower petals, rub your face on various zaaris etc. So many ways to get better, and you want insurance? If that does not work, just die quickly. You are probably committing some major ghunaa, and its best not to prolong your life and incur even more ghunaa.

In the same spirit, neither jobs or education are needed. Just sit in dukaan and listen to More-la's waaz. He will tell you all you need. I recommend that both men and women do Home Science. That way Muffy Bohris will be the first community to achieve 100% equality between genders! Why go to school and waste money and time? Just give what you would pay as fees to More-la Muffy. He will take care of the rest.

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:17 pm

Sharia law also says to cut hands of the thieves...............

insurance is up to individuals, if there are no manufacturing defects, exercise, to stay healthy. In the West the odds are against you. Penny wise ......

Br. Anajmi , Allah Mehrban hai. I do what makes logical sense to me. To each its own.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:28 pm

Allah Muffy pe jyaada meherbaan hai. And Muffy does what makes logical sense to Muffy. To each its own!!

dawedaar

Unread post by dawedaar » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:47 pm

Haha, most fat (financially fat) abde doctors who pay hefty sums to daawat in US get their income from insurance claims as it is impossible to live in US without health insurance as well as other insurances (Home, renters, auto, and a hell lot of other categories). In US, cost of healthcare is exorbitantly high and it is impossible to get healthcare in US without having proper insurance (Unless u have truckloads of cash with you). I don't think they would give that sabaq in US because health insurance is now compulsory in US as per Obama Care law and Maula says to follow rules of land!

Btw, what about Religious Insurance (Waajebaat, zakat, hub, etc) under which abdes pay hefty premium to get proper service after death! Isn't waajebaat kind of insurance premium? They say Allah par bharoso raakho as a reasoning for not taking insurance coverage of any kind. So shouldn't we have bharosa on Allah and not pay waajebaat, other amounts at all :D
Kharas_Mithas wrote:Can someone enlighten more on the subject, Bohra sabaqs are forcing people to give up health insurance benefits provided by the employer.

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:25 am

dawedaar wrote:Btw, what about Religious Insurance (Waajebaat, zakat, hub, etc) under which abdes pay hefty premium to get proper service after death! Isn't waajebaat kind of insurance premium?
Bro Dawedar

Wajebaat, is a compulsory payment, it is no insurance or service charge taken by kothar. it is a amount that they have deemed compulsory on abde idiots to pay and that amount is at their discretion to use.

Zakat is a compulsory tax to be paid on your income and posessions minimum to be 2.5 % this rule is for all muslims. it is not insurance rather a tax for community development and charity. one cannot expect anything in return other than happiness of allah and spiritual contentment.

Hoob is a "voluntary" payment, which local jamaat extorts out of bohras and abdes to fund various expenses such as ramadans, muharram, community development projects and to pamper, flatter, glorify and satiate greed of muffay maula and his ilk whenever they visits your town

Nazrul Maqaaam could be closer to insurance .. one has to keep aside certain amount as nazrool maqaam for variety of reasons, difficult times or ocasions. amount is proportionate to the emotional attachment one has with the event. finally collective nazrool maqaam is digested by kothaar.

when sabak mullahs talk on insurance .. they discourage insurance premiums and instead encourage people to keep fakheraa rakam in nazrul maqaam .. giggling inside knowing these moolah is gonna land in thier pockets !