Dawoodi Bohras in the media - 2016

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
bohrabhai
Posts: 401
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:16 am

Dawoodi Bohras in the media - 2016

#1

Unread post by bohrabhai » Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:25 pm

pls post relevant post here..



Al-Noor
Posts: 1075
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:55 am

#2

Unread post by Al-Noor » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:51 am

Wipro appoints Abid Ali Neemuchwala as CEO, TK Kurien now executive VC

http://www.financialexpress.com/article ... vc/187694/



dawedaar
Posts: 844
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:40 pm

#3

Unread post by dawedaar » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:06 am

Latest article on the succession dispute

http://indianexpress.com/article/cities ... di-bohras/



alivasan
Posts: 320
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 9:28 am

#4

Unread post by alivasan » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:52 am

Al-Noor wrote:Wipro appoints Abid Ali Neemuchwala as CEO, TK Kurien now executive VC

http://www.financialexpress.com/article ... vc/187694/
Debate topic- leadership in corporate world vs leadership in religion

Wonder what could be outcome if both leaders abid and premji are put to debate on there counterparts in religion world. (sms, skq). Topic for abids visit to pdc1 and pdc2 in first week of feb.



Al-Noor
Posts: 1075
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:55 am

#5

Unread post by Al-Noor » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:01 am

Neemuchwala is SKQ or muffy follower? any idea?



alivasan
Posts: 320
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 9:28 am

#6

Unread post by alivasan » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:26 am

Iike any other hypocrite bohri this neemuch guy is staunch supporter of muffy in public outside and skq inside. I wonder if he calls himself ismaili just to make premji sir feel happy.



alivasan
Posts: 320
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 9:28 am

#7

Unread post by alivasan » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:27 am

Iike any other hypocrite bohri this neemuch guy is staunch supporter of muffy in public outside and skq inside. I wonder if he calls himself ismaili just to make premji sir comfortable discussing topic



dawedaar
Posts: 844
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:40 pm

#8

Unread post by dawedaar » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:55 am

And how do you know that?
alivasan wrote:Iike any other hypocrite bohri this neemuch guy is staunch supporter of muffy in public outside and skq inside. I wonder if he calls himself ismaili just to make premji sir feel happy.



Al-Noor
Posts: 1075
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:55 am

#9

Unread post by Al-Noor » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:14 am

interesting...



Al-Noor
Posts: 1075
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:55 am

#10

Unread post by Al-Noor » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:30 pm



6 Hugs By Narendra Modi That Are Just Too Gay

http://www.gaylaxymag.com/articles/ente ... t-too-gay/

Attachments
a-muslim-leader-greets-narendra-modi-during-his-72-hour-sadbhavana-mission-fast-in-ahmedabad.jpg




SBM
Posts: 6181
Joined: Sun May 09, 2004 4:01 am

#12

Unread post by SBM » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:49 am

The article said that she may have mental issues.
A good defense attorney can surely use INSANITY defense by her attending too many Majlis-too many Laanats and blame the leader of the community for creating this state of mind of hate. May be the Aamil of NJ should be called upon for his role in brain washing this lady,



UnhappyBohra
Posts: 535
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:23 pm

#13

Unread post by UnhappyBohra » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:26 pm

SBM wrote:The article said that she may have mental issues.
A good defense attorney can surely use INSANITY defense by her attending too many Majlis-too many Laanats and blame the leader of the community for creating this state of mind of hate. May be the Aamil of NJ should be called upon for his role in brain washing this lady,
She has been apprehended and charged with the murder of her mother-in-law. Very sad for the family. I heard she has three daughters...
http://newjersey.news12.com/news/woman- ... 1.11410793



think
Posts: 1800
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:15 am

#14

Unread post by think » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:29 pm

eing part of a group changes how people think and behave. being with a group can drive people to push their physical limits. Crowds can be dangerous because they promote a so called mob mentality.. when acting with others , individuals feel more anonymous and less responsible for their actions., including acts of aggression.sometimes they may even comit a wrong doing knowingly to seek approval.. Being swept in the excitement of a crowd can make people loose touch with their personal moral code.
The kothar machinery knows this and that is the reason huge crowds are gathered at any of muffys events.



ghulam muhammed
Posts: 11653
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:34 pm

#15

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:45 pm

SBM wrote:A good defense attorney can surely use INSANITY defense by her
Muffy and Qaid Johar could be of great help to her as they are more well versed with regard to INSANITY CERTIFICATE after the Saudi Arabia episode !!



UnhappyBohra
Posts: 535
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:23 pm

#16

Unread post by UnhappyBohra » Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:19 pm

think wrote:eing part of a group changes how people think and behave. being with a group can drive people to push their physical limits. Crowds can be dangerous because they promote a so called mob mentality.. when acting with others , individuals feel more anonymous and less responsible for their actions., including acts of aggression.sometimes they may even comit a wrong doing knowingly to seek approval.. Being swept in the excitement of a crowd can make people loose touch with their personal moral code.
The kothar machinery knows this and that is the reason huge crowds are gathered at any of muffys events.
That's an astute observation. Indeed being part of a crowd does give one a sense of belonging which leads the collective code to trump the personal moral code. I have seen my friends behave in these throngs in ways that they would absolutely not behave in practically ANNNY other situation. I think if confronted in a one on one situation they would never say lanat on SKQ or make fun of him. Human decency dictates that one respect a pious man and sympathize with his disability. However, when whipped into a frenzy by the orator of the moment, they join the crowds in shameful activities such as saying lanat, pushing aside women and children for a closer look at muffy, getting that one more dakhili or masjid pass, pushing people aside to block thaal space...



alivasan
Posts: 320
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 9:28 am

#17

Unread post by alivasan » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:13 am

dawedaar wrote:And how do you know that?
alivasan wrote:Iike any other hypocrite bohri this neemuch guy is staunch supporter of muffy in public outside and skq inside. I wonder if he calls himself ismaili just to make premji sir feel happy.
this honcho has reached top by ass licking kurien and pratik kumar HR by his show off as tcs elephant who has to be fed money and in return produces nothing.i know much more as insider wiproite. Now as regards to support leader is suppose to mask multiple faces for different situation so skq, muffs keeps changing options based on situation .



alivasan
Posts: 320
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 9:28 am

#18

Unread post by alivasan » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:15 am

dawedaar wrote:And how do you know that?
alivasan wrote:Iike any other hypocrite bohri this neemuch guy is staunch supporter of muffy in public outside and skq inside. I wonder if he calls himself ismaili just to make premji sir feel happy.



alivasan
Posts: 320
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 9:28 am

#19

Unread post by alivasan » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:52 am

UnhappyBohra wrote:
think wrote:eing part of a group changes how people think and behave. being with a group can drive people to push their physical limits. Crowds can be dangerous because they promote a so called mob mentality.. when acting with others , individuals feel more anonymous and less responsible for their actions., including acts of aggression.sometimes they may even comit a wrong doing knowingly to seek approval.. Being swept in the excitement of a crowd can make people loose touch with their personal moral code.
The kothar machinery knows this and that is the reason huge crowds are gathered at any of muffys events.
That's an astute observation. Indeed being part of a crowd does give one a sense of belonging which leads the collective code to trump the personal moral code. I have seen my friends behave in these throngs in ways that they would absolutely not behave in practically ANNNY other situation. I think if confronted in a one on one situation they would never say lanat on SKQ or make fun of him. Human decency dictates that one respect a pious man and sympathize with his disability. However, when whipped into a frenzy by the orator of the moment, they join the crowds in shameful activities such as saying lanat, pushing aside women and children for a closer look at muffy, getting that one more dakhili or masjid pass, pushing people aside to block thaal space...
Strongly agree. Mobs are always dangerous and propogates different views in illogical ways depending on situation . As there is no sense of individual responsibility being part of mob many would just take advantage of mob just for fun sake and make early views and decisions. What is visible to outside world is mob and muffy promotes mob. Mob is stance for many leaders who are not leader by virtue and are fake



ghulam muhammed
Posts: 11653
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:34 pm

#20

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:43 pm

UnhappyBohra wrote:
SBM wrote:The article said that she may have mental issues.
A good defense attorney can surely use INSANITY defense by her attending too many Majlis-too many Laanats and blame the leader of the community for creating this state of mind of hate. May be the Aamil of NJ should be called upon for his role in brain washing this lady,
She has been apprehended and charged with the murder of her mother-in-law. Very sad for the family. I heard she has three daughters...
http://newjersey.news12.com/news/woman- ... 1.11410793
The mother-in-law Safia Diwan who was allegedly killed by Tasneem Diwan, is also the accused's Kaaki. This Tasneem is granddaughter of the famous Dr. Qasimbhai Diwan of MadanPura in Mumbai. Not only that, her father is Sk. Quresh Diwan who is a Board Director and senior most person in a California Jamaat. The families of the victim and the families of the accused are all related, and they are all die hard SMS cheerleaders.

This case of Tasneem had come to the attention of Kothar numerous times, and shifa and dua bestowed for her so called mental issues by 52 and 53. But her problems of insanity are a reflection of the familys's propensity toward rigidity, and madness in the no-divorce rule, even though she was unhappy most of her married life. Her parents Quresh and Maria Diwan are nut cases - crazy do-gooders who believe they can save the world with their self-righteousness.



SBM
Posts: 6181
Joined: Sun May 09, 2004 4:01 am

#21

Unread post by SBM » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:24 pm

^
It is sad I remember when Maria and Quresh visited our house in early 80's when Tasneem was a baby. Quresh had married Maria after her first husband who was elder brother of Quresh died natural death. So sad....



dawedaar
Posts: 844
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:40 pm

#22

Unread post by dawedaar » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:40 pm

Is the mental health issue genuine or it's being used to evade punishment?



ajamali
Posts: 304
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:51 am

#23

Unread post by ajamali » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:59 pm

dawedaar wrote:Is the mental health issue genuine or it's being used to evade punishment?
She definitely had mental health issues. Her husband and hisband's brother were crazier in my opinion. I met them during ashara for multiple years. The husband thinks Muffu has super powers. Perhaps it was Muffu's voice she heard in her head!



zinger
Posts: 1872
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:40 am

#24

Unread post by zinger » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:59 am

people, can we please behave a little sensibly and not link everything to one person?

A little more maturity than this would be appreciated. otherwise members here are no different from the people you constantly mock



ajamali
Posts: 304
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:51 am

#25

Unread post by ajamali » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:09 am

You are right. My bad. There is a larger problem here though that does contribute to incidents such as this. Bohra families could do well by spending more time with each other and less running back and forth from masjid. In NJ ( I spent months there on a project for a couple years) masjid events run to four hours minimum. Add to that half an hour of commute to masjid and you have a five hour commitment for every miqat. Plus Sabaq, madrasah, Darees twice a month, majlis for ladies, private Darees for men and suddenly you are hardly seeing your family. Masjid time is seriously affecting the well-being of the family.



objectiveobserver53
Posts: 340
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:29 pm

#26

Unread post by objectiveobserver53 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:29 am

There is no doubt in my mind that things would have turned out differently in the Diwan family if the good doctor had spent more time and attention in the treatment of his wife and less on douchebag pooja.

Within a few days of meeting the family, he mentioned his wife's mental illness to me. I found it sad that he was seeking more sympathy for himself than for his wife, even though both would be deserving of it. I would not have been able to tell she was mentally sick if he had not mentioned.



Kaka Akela
Posts: 389
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:01 am

#27

Unread post by Kaka Akela » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:56 pm

ajamali Wrote:
[quote="ajamali"]You are right. My bad. There is a larger problem here though that does contribute to incidents such as this. Bohra families could do well by spending more time with each other and less running back and forth from masjid. In NJ ( I spent months there on a project for a couple years) masjid events run to four hours minimum. Add to that half an hour of commute to masjid and you have a five hour commitment for every miqat. Plus Sabaq, madrasah, Darees twice a month, majlis for ladies, private Darees for men and suddenly you are hardly seeing your family. Masjid time is seriously affecting the well-being of the family.[/quote]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bro ajamali: you are so right about our preoccupation in useless so called "deeni" affairs that we have no time to relax and pay attention to family members and /or develop any other skills or enjoy life leisurely. all the energy and money is drained out of us by the clergy (aamils) of our jamaat. I don't see any talent or creativity in any member of the jamaat because they are not given the time to develop any talent in any thing other than praising and singing the madeh of the dai. in olden days when I was akid i used to admire people in our town who were talented writers. poets, judges and famous doctors. constant demand of money, fund raising, donations for QH, keep people so broke that they have no money leftover to take a decent vacation which is rightfully needed to keep your sanity and to cope with pressures of life and work. They sit on takht and preach that it is big sawab to feed a momin but do they ever?? instead what they have done is made groups of 5-7 families in every jamaat and put the jamans on cruise-control. every group gets their turn and aamils don't belong to any group, this is called preaching without practicing. We are kind of hung up on jamans associated with the daily get togethers, why do we need that? we can have urus majalis with fateha on apples or a glass of milk, thats what used to happen when I was a kid growing up in India, daily unhealthy food in jamaat or in Faiz ul Mawaid e burhaniya is contributing so much to the sickness and illnesses and obesity in the community, i hear so many cases of high BP, heart attacks, cholestol, diabetes in our small community than the larger population percentage-wise. When will our clergy wake up??



canadian
Posts: 299
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:57 pm

#28

Unread post by canadian » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:45 pm

^^^
Kaka Akela:
Your question should be “when will ordinary folk wake up?”, not “when will clergy wake up?”.
The clergy is already wide awake and robbing the community left and right.



dawedaar
Posts: 844
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:40 pm

#29

Unread post by dawedaar » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:51 pm

You have to look back at the demographics and background of such people, where they come from. A lot of abdes originate from smaller towns in India like those in Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan n Maharashtra. Even abdes in Africa n other places r migrants or descendants of such people. In such places, there are/were no other forms of social activities than to go to masjid for religious events. Hence people got hooked on to that. And as abdes live together as a community in ghettos, their social circles are made up of only abdes! This also limits abdes' ability to venture out of their fake abde wonderland!

Now coming to US, the 1st generation migrants as well as the dawat establishment dont want their children to go astray n forget our culture and hence they try to maximize these things in US as well. I have myself seen how abde children are forced by their die hard abde parents to miss birthday parties on Sundays to attend Madradsah n other jamaat events!

Coming back to present day, the dawat mafias want to control the people as their business is dependent on this and hence this nonstop 365/7 jamat events melodrama you see today!

ajamali wrote:You are right. My bad. There is a larger problem here though that does contribute to incidents such as this. Bohra families could do well by spending more time with each other and less running back and forth from masjid. In NJ ( I spent months there on a project for a couple years) masjid events run to four hours minimum. Add to that half an hour of commute to masjid and you have a five hour commitment for every miqat. Plus Sabaq, madrasah, Darees twice a month, majlis for ladies, private Darees for men and suddenly you are hardly seeing your family. Masjid time is seriously affecting the well-being of the family.



dawedaar
Posts: 844
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:40 pm

#30

Unread post by dawedaar » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:24 pm

Asaram followers are no different than abdes. Check this out -> https://www.facebook.com/humansofbombay ... =3&theater