Taher Fakhrudin and related topics

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
anajmi

Re: Taher Fakhrudin and related topics

Unread post by anajmi » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:28 pm

No intercession is useful if your aamal are not good.
If your amal are good, then you don't need intercession. Sorry, did you miss the entire point of intercession?

Besides, you can't pick and choose ayahs. Even if you reject one ayah of the Quran, you are done!!

Wajid

Unread post by Wajid » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:37 pm

anajmi wrote:
Besides, you can't pick and choose ayahs. Even if you reject one ayah of the Quran, you are done!!
100% agreement !
At least somewhere we find an alignment ...

FiAmanillah

Dua for Momeen

Unread post by Dua for Momeen » Sun May 01, 2016 5:46 am

Taher Fakhruddin is wahid ummeed of this community, but again only if he accepts mistakes done by his elders and rectify it by doing tauba and removing all unislamic rituals from bohra fold, including sajda and wadhawanu.

Dua for Momeen.

AgnosticIndian

Unread post by AgnosticIndian » Sun May 01, 2016 6:28 am

Dua for Momeen wrote:Taher Fakhruddin is wahid ummeed of this community, but again only if he accepts mistakes done by his elders and rectify it by doing tauba and removing all unislamic rituals from bohra fold, including sajda and wadhawanu.

Dua for Momeen.

Wadhawu is very much part of Indian & Bohra culture which was not brought by 51st or anyone. Nothing wrong with it. We do that for our birthdays, marriages. It's part of our tradition.

Sajdo should go as it smacks of slavery

qutub_mamajiwala

Unread post by qutub_mamajiwala » Sun May 01, 2016 6:56 am

wadhawanu is just a tradition.
nothing to do with islam, but nothing against it also.
there are many stupid arabic traditions which has nothing to do with islam as a religion, but has come to known as islamic tradition, just coz arab people follow it.
time to delink islam as a religion with arabic traditions and customs.

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Sun May 01, 2016 7:19 am

qutub_mamajiwala wrote:wadhawanu is just a tradition.
nothing to do with islam, but nothing against it also.
there are many stupid arabic traditions which has nothing to do with islam as a religion, but has come to known as islamic tradition, just coz arab people follow it.
time to delink islam as a religion with arabic traditions and customs.

wadhaavu, tawaaf, kadambosi, namaaz, till where are we gonna dig. hindu ritual or arab ritual ? people are happily doing it. because someone said so ...

Saif53

Unread post by Saif53 » Sun May 01, 2016 7:23 am

FROM THE QUTBI BOHRA BLOG
http://qutbibohras.blogspot.in/2016/04/ ... peech.html

Taher's Arabic Speech
The latest Qutbi propaganda videos is Taher's speech in Arabic supposedly addressing his Arab followers in Yemen and the Middle East.
KQ had a 0% following in these countries, so it's any body's guess as to whom he was really addressing. It's most likely at attempt to create an illusion of throngs of followers in contrast to their dwindling numbers.
In the speech, Taher tries to give an image of him speaking Arabic without any awraaq (which is contrary the rasm of hudaat) - to seemingly give a false impression of amazing intellect. However, if one is to look closer, it is clearly visible that he is not staring directly at the camera, instead he's reading from a Teleprompter.

During his speech, Taher mentioned his father KQ and his position of the Mazoon. Taher makes a reference to a kitaab named Taaj al Aqaid, written by the 5th Dai, Syedna Ali bin al Mawla Mohammed al Waleed RA.

He alleges that this kitaab discusses the position of the Mazoon as follows. He quotes verbatim:
إن صاحب رتبة الإذن يقول الحق له او عليه
Translation
(The Saheb in the Rutba of Izn will speak Haq. Regardless of whether it is for or against him.)

Here's the problem:

1. This text doesn't exist anywhere in this Kitaab Taaj al Aqaid or any other Dawat Kitaab for that matter!
This isn't the first time the Qutbi s have cooked up non existent texts.
The Qutbi s have quoted this same text in the past. Despite bringing this fabrication to their attention, the continue to quote it, and their followers continue to blindly believe the Qutbi leader and his team.

2. Even if we hypothetically suppose that this text exists (somewhere), it doesn't necessarily infer that it is referring to the Mazoon.

3. Even if we accept that this non existent text's speculation refers to the Mazoon, then:
It is well known and accepted that when in the position of the Mazoon, KQ publicly accepted the Nass on Syedna Mufaddal Saifuddin TUS, in his waaz in Toronto & Sidhpur, during the Nass Majlis in Mumbai, on his website, and to certain close confidantes of his. Thus, in this instance, we may accept that he spoke the truth, even when it went against him.

4. After the wafaat of Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin RA, KQ announced his claim, ceased to be a Mumin and no longer the Mazoon. He was the claimant, the dawedaar. Therefore, anything uttered by him after Burhanuddin Moula's RA wafaat regarding his false claim can be simply dismissed as lies.

KQ, Husain and now Taher continue to call us out to debate.

I call upon the entire Qutbi team to answer this simple challenge if indeed they have nerves to.

Where is the above mentioned text that you claim is from Kitaab Taaj al Aqaid?

In connection with KQ's and Taher's lies, I end by quoting a media personality whom Taher is subscribed to on his YouTube channel:

“I'm not even sure he knows he's lying. I think he just doesn't care about what the truth is.” - John Oliver

kimanumanu

Unread post by kimanumanu » Sun May 01, 2016 8:38 am

Arre Saif bhai are you stuck in repeat mode? Where is your in-depth analysis of the amal referred to by your master?

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sun May 01, 2016 9:34 am

Wajid wrote:
anajmi wrote:
100% agreement !

FiAmanillah
In that case let me repeat some ayahs for your consideration.

وَاتَّقُواْ يَوْماً لاَّ تَجْزِي نَفْسٌ عَن نَّفْسٍ شَيْئاً وَلاَ يُقْبَلُ مِنْهَا شَفَاعَةٌ وَلاَ يُؤْخَذُ مِنْهَا عَدْلٌ وَلاَ هُمْ يُنصَرُونَ (2:48)

and remain conscious of [the coming of] a Day when no human being shall in the least avail another, nor shall INTERCESSION be accepted from any of them, nor ransom taken from them, and none shall be succoured.

وَاتَّقُواْ يَوْماً لاَّ تَجْزِي نَفْسٌ عَن نَّفْسٍ شَيْئاً وَلاَ يُقْبَلُ مِنْهَا عَدْلٌ وَلاَ تَنفَعُهَا شَفَاعَةٌ وَلاَ هُمْ يُنصَرُونَ (2:123)

and remain conscious of [the coming of] a Day when no human being shall in the least avail another, nor shall ransom be accepted from any of them, nor shall INTERCESSION be of any use to them, and none shall be succoured.

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُواْ أَنفِقُواْ مِمَّا رَزَقْنَاكُم مِّن قَبْلِ أَن يَأْتِيَ يَوْمٌ لاَّ بَيْعٌ فِيهِ وَلاَ خُلَّةٌ وَلاَ شَفَاعَةٌ وَالْكَافِرُونَ هُمُ الظَّالِمُونَ (2:254)

O YOU who have attained to faith! Spend [in Our way] out of what We have granted you as sustenance ere there come a Day [246] when there will be no bargaining, and no friendship, and no INTERCESSION. And they who deny the truth -it is they who are evildoers!

Zali110

Unread post by Zali110 » Sun May 01, 2016 11:30 am

anajmi wrote:
Wajid wrote:
100% agreement !

FiAmanillah
In that case let me repeat some ayahs for your consideration.

وَاتَّقُواْ يَوْماً لاَّ تَجْزِي نَفْسٌ عَن نَّفْسٍ شَيْئاً وَلاَ يُقْبَلُ مِنْهَا شَفَاعَةٌ وَلاَ يُؤْخَذُ مِنْهَا عَدْلٌ وَلاَ هُمْ يُنصَرُونَ (2:48)

and remain conscious of [the coming of] a Day when no human being shall in the least avail another, nor shall INTERCESSION be accepted from any of them, nor ransom taken from them, and none shall be succoured.

وَاتَّقُواْ يَوْماً لاَّ تَجْزِي نَفْسٌ عَن نَّفْسٍ شَيْئاً وَلاَ يُقْبَلُ مِنْهَا عَدْلٌ وَلاَ تَنفَعُهَا شَفَاعَةٌ وَلاَ هُمْ يُنصَرُونَ (2:123)

and remain conscious of [the coming of] a Day when no human being shall in the least avail another, nor shall ransom be accepted from any of them, nor shall INTERCESSION be of any use to them, and none shall be succoured.

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُواْ أَنفِقُواْ مِمَّا رَزَقْنَاكُم مِّن قَبْلِ أَن يَأْتِيَ يَوْمٌ لاَّ بَيْعٌ فِيهِ وَلاَ خُلَّةٌ وَلاَ شَفَاعَةٌ وَالْكَافِرُونَ هُمُ الظَّالِمُونَ (2:254)

O YOU who have attained to faith! Spend [in Our way] out of what We have granted you as sustenance ere there come a Day [246] when there will be no bargaining, and no friendship, and no INTERCESSION. And they who deny the truth -it is they who are evildoers!

Array Saif bro , dont try to make salt sugar , anajmi is pure wahabi , u think wahabism would ever ever understand shiaism , they are here to provote hatred within us , trust me i can tell i dont know why admin allows it , this is a dawoodi bohra blog not sunni shia blog and specially not wahabism blog who are nothing but terrorist and criminals who knows nothing but to spread hatred and cause chaos

Wajid

Unread post by Wajid » Sun May 01, 2016 12:00 pm

Anajmi bhai Salaams,
Yaar, our discussions will be endless without any result. In essence, you follow per your conviction and leave mine to me!
I can cite multiple ayats from the Quran proving my point. But then, I do not think it will be of any use.

يَوْمَئِذٍ لَّا تَنفَعُ الشَّفَاعَةُ إِلَّا مَنْ أَذِنَ لَهُ الرَّحْمَٰنُ وَرَضِيَ لَهُ قَوْلًا
On that day no intercession shall avail, except the one for whom the Most Beneficent (Allah) has given permission and whose word is acceptable to Him.

يَعْلَمُ مَا بَيْنَ أَيْدِيهِمْ وَمَا خَلْفَهُمْ وَلَا يَشْفَعُونَ إِلَّا لِمَنِ ارْتَضَىٰ وَهُم مِّنْ خَشْيَتِهِ مُشْفِقُونَ
He knows what is before them, and what is behind them, and they cannot intercede except for him with whom He is pleased. And they stand in awe for fear of Him.

وَلَا تَنفَعُ الشَّفَاعَةُ عِندَهُ إِلَّا لِمَنْ أَذِنَ لَهُ حَتَّىٰ إِذَا فُزِّعَ عَن قُلُوبِهِمْ قَالُوا مَاذَا قَالَ رَبُّكُمْ قَالُوا الْحَقَّ وَهُوَ الْعَلِيُّ الْكَبِيرُ

Intercession with Him profits not, except for him whom He permits. Until when fear is banished from their (angels') hearts, they (angels) say: "What is it that your Lord has said?" They say: "The truth. And He is the Most High, the Most Great."

Further, read Surah Yousuf, where Yaqoob (as) intercedes for forgiveness on behalf of his sons who wronged ...

قَالُوا يَا أَبَانَا اسْتَغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا إِنَّا كُنَّا خَاطِئِينَ
They said: "O our father! Ask forgiveness (from Allah) for our sins, indeed we have been sinners."

قَالَ سَوْفَ أَسْتَغْفِرُ لَكُمْ رَبِّي إِنَّهُ هُوَ الْغَفُورُ الرَّحِيمُ
He said: "I will ask my Lord for forgiveness for you, verily He! Only He is the Oft-Forgiving, the Most Merciful."

So please end this argument with the following ayah that I repeat ...

فَلِذَٰلِكَ فَادْعُ وَاسْتَقِمْ كَمَا أُمِرْتَ وَلَا تَتَّبِعْ أَهْوَاءَهُمْ وَقُلْ آمَنتُ بِمَا أَنزَلَ اللَّهُ مِن كِتَابٍ وَأُمِرْتُ لِأَعْدِلَ بَيْنَكُمُ اللَّهُ رَبُّنَا وَرَبُّكُمْ لَنَا أَعْمَالُنَا وَلَكُمْ أَعْمَالُكُمْ لَا حُجَّةَ بَيْنَنَا وَبَيْنَكُمُ اللَّهُ يَجْمَعُ بَيْنَنَا وَإِلَيْهِ الْمَصِيرُ

So unto this (religion of Islam, alone and this Quran) then invite (people) (O Muhammad SAW), and Istaqim [(i.e. stand firm and straight on Islamic Monotheism by performing all that is ordained by Allah (good deeds, etc.), and by abstaining from all that is forbidden by Allah (sins and evil deeds, etc.)], as you are commanded, and follow not their desires but say: "I believe in whatsoever Allah has sent down of the Book [all the holy Books, this Quran and the Books of the old from the Taurat (Torah), or the Injeel (Gospel) or the Pages of Ibrahim (Abraham)] and I am commanded to do justice among you, Allah is our Lord and your Lord. For us our deeds and for you your deeds. There is no dispute between us and you. Allah will assemble us (all), and to Him is the final return.

FiAmanillah.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Sun May 01, 2016 12:15 pm

Br Anajmi and Wajid
Can you please take your discussion to "Islam Today" and can Admin please move some of these postings to Islam Today and not get diverted from the original topic

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sun May 01, 2016 2:24 pm

Dear Bro Wajid, Salaams,

I have already acknowledged previously there are many ayahs about intercession in the Quran. But you seem to be unable to grasp the simple point made in them. The rule and the exception. Let me highlight from the ayahs that you posted.

يَوْمَئِذٍ لَّا تَنفَعُ الشَّفَاعَةُ إِلَّا مَنْ أَذِنَ لَهُ الرَّحْمَٰنُ وَرَضِيَ لَهُ قَوْلًا
On that day no intercession shall avail, except the one for whom the Most Beneficent (Allah) has given permission and whose word is acceptable to Him.

يَعْلَمُ مَا بَيْنَ أَيْدِيهِمْ وَمَا خَلْفَهُمْ وَلَا يَشْفَعُونَ إِلَّا لِمَنِ ارْتَضَىٰ وَهُم مِّنْ خَشْيَتِهِ مُشْفِقُونَ
He knows what is before them, and what is behind them, and they cannot intercede except for him with whom He is pleased. And they stand in awe for fear of Him.

وَلَا تَنفَعُ الشَّفَاعَةُ عِندَهُ إِلَّا لِمَنْ أَذِنَ لَهُ حَتَّىٰ إِذَا فُزِّعَ عَن قُلُوبِهِمْ قَالُوا مَاذَا قَالَ رَبُّكُمْ قَالُوا الْحَقَّ وَهُوَ الْعَلِيُّ الْكَبِيرُ

Intercession with Him profits not, except for him whom He permits. Until when fear is banished from their (angels') hearts, they (angels) say: "What is it that your Lord has said?" They say: "The truth. And He is the Most High, the Most Great."

As far as the example of Surah Yusuf is concerned, I make dua for all Bohras to be free of the idols that have them in a trance and for them to be freed of their slavery to a human. I also ask my mother to pray for me and my kids all the time. If that is what you are referring to as intercession, then you've got a lot of learning to do.

By the way, when Allah is talking about intercession in these ayahs, consider the ayahs before and after. They are referring to disbelievers and liars. These are the only people who will be needing intercession and God says there will be no intercession except with his permission.

Wajid

Unread post by Wajid » Sun May 01, 2016 2:34 pm

Bhai mere,

The discussion started on the topic of "who has the permission to intercede". For you it is (may be) only Rasoolullah (saw) and for us it is Rasoolullah (saw) and the Imams in his progeny. The ayats are clear - at least for the ones who have their hearts and mind open. No more discussions please. Period.

Admin. bhai, you may move this discussion to the right subject on the forum.

Salaams.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sun May 01, 2016 2:42 pm

It is unbelievable how even after making things crystal clear people still refuse to see the light.

Let me state something else, everything that is central to Shia ideology and different from the Sunnah of the Prophet (saw) has to do with human worship. The concept of intercession which is central to this ideology is for raising the status of humans. The concept of Wilayat is again for raising the status of humans. The concept of human infallibility (self explanatory). This central idea of this ideology is elevation of a human being even though Allah reminds us in the Quran so many times that a human is created from a dirty drop of blood.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sun May 01, 2016 6:05 pm

Sorry for the mistake in my earlier post - Should've been - Created out of a dirty drop. Period. Not a dirty drop of "blood".

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Mon May 02, 2016 1:35 am

Wajid wrote:Bhai mere,

The discussion started on the topic of "who has the permission to intercede". For you it is (may be) only Rasoolullah (saw) and for us it is Rasoolullah (saw) and the Imams in his progeny. The ayats are clear - at least for the ones who have their hearts and mind open. No more discussions please. Period. .
arre bhai

for abdes, intercession does not stop at Imam. it continues from Imam to DAI >> Mazoon/Mukasir >> position holder Shehzada >> Just a shehzada >> Relative of Kothar >> Amils >> Ayaan >> Sheikhs >> Mullahs >> Khidmatguzaars >> Cash.

Infact cash is the biggest intercessor. if you dont pay cash, none in the intercession chain will work. dont pay cash, period. Abde is doomed to hellfire !

Wajid

Unread post by Wajid » Mon May 02, 2016 10:20 am

humanbeing wrote:
Wajid wrote:Bhai mere,

The discussion started on the topic of "who has the permission to intercede". For you it is (may be) only Rasoolullah (saw) and for us it is Rasoolullah (saw) and the Imams in his progeny. The ayats are clear - at least for the ones who have their hearts and mind open. No more discussions please. Period. .
arre bhai

for abdes, intercession does not stop at Imam. it continues from Imam to DAI >> Mazoon/Mukasir >> position holder Shehzada >> Just a shehzada >> Relative of Kothar >> Amils >> Ayaan >> Sheikhs >> Mullahs >> Khidmatguzaars >> Cash.

Infact cash is the biggest intercessor. if you dont pay cash, none in the intercession chain will work. dont pay cash, period. Abde is doomed to hellfire !

Salaams bhai HB.
This happens when the core concepts are made murkier to promote the short term worldly agenda.

Today, our society is seeing a total polarization. One one side, we have the masses that are involved in "Gulu" where the Dai is deliberately elevated to the position of Allah subhanahu, Aalim ul Gaib, etc etc ... The Kothar is fully responsible to this atrophy of our institution.

On the other extreme, we have our brothers like Anajmi, completely disenchanted with the Dawat, belittle the position of the Dai, to such an extent that they render the institution useless ! This for me "Kulu". Sorry Anajmi bhai, no ill-intention here. You cannot blame them neither, they believe in what they have seen over the past decades.

Where is the Siraat al mustaqeem. The middle balanced path? "Gulu and Kulu", both need to be avoided.
This is strictly my personal interpretation of the situation.

Salaams and FiAmanillah.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Mon May 02, 2016 10:39 pm

I want to add another label to kulu and gulu. It is called "ullu". These are the people who ignore the clear ayahs of the Quran.

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Tue May 03, 2016 2:35 am

Wajid wrote:This happens when the core concepts are made murkier to promote the short term worldly agenda.
Bro Wajid
Where do we stop the buck from passing. In spite of clear lines in the quran saying no intercession will be useful when accounts are settled in court of allah. Imams and Duats have created a chain of intercession and demanded various favors; loyalty, allegiance, finances Talking in circles. For one second let us forget what quran says and see it from logical and practical point of view. One is responsible for their own deeds and misdeeds is a far better benchmark for allah to judge, what will an intercessor do ? influence allah’s decision because he/she is allah’s favorite and get his fan follower’s sins forgiven or good deeds multiplied ?
It is crystal clear, how concept of intercession has created mess, favoritism, schism, distance between allah and follower. every bunch claiming their own divine right of intercession and allah’s favorite. Let the Imams and Duats be the guide and leader to teach people on siraat-e-mustaqeem. Their guidance and leadership can be assessed by guidance written down in Quran and hadith. How simple is that.
Wajid wrote:Today, our society is seeing a total polarization. One one side, we have the masses that are involved in "Gulu" where the Dai is deliberately elevated to the position of Allah subhanahu, Aalim ul Gaib, etc etc ... The Kothar is fully responsible to this atrophy of our institution.
It is DAI and Imams themselves who have elevated themselves to the position by claiming divinity, infallibility etc and sole copyrights of intercession between follower and allah. Kothar is not separate from DAI. DAI created kothar, kothar did not create DAI. These leaders are doing gulu to get themselves the fan following and related benefits. They are doing gulu and ullus are lapping it up !
Wajid wrote:Where is the Siraat al mustaqeem. The middle balanced path? "Gulu and Kulu", both need to be avoided.
The middle path is logical and practical, it does not have place for confusing intercession and intercessors. You wanna be true to yourselves, own up your actions. On day of judgement everyone is gonna be busy looking at their own Imams (books of deeds). Don’t run around looking for right intercessors, as they too would be busy accounting their deeds !

Ghanu_Bhaari

Unread post by Ghanu_Bhaari » Tue May 03, 2016 4:51 am

A bohra who has very soft corner with STF , said to me;
"all religions including mine, were only made by the people who wish to rule over the small minded people"

smarties in the forum will understand what do I mean by quoting this

Dua for Momeen

Unread post by Dua for Momeen » Tue May 03, 2016 5:44 am

A bohra who is mad and little crazy and follows SMS , said to me;
"all religions including mine, were only made by the people who wish to rule over the small minded people"

and I agree with him.

Dua for Momeen.

kimanumanu

Unread post by kimanumanu » Tue May 03, 2016 6:16 am

http://www.fatemidawat.com/reference-ma ... 80%99.html

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
وَكَذَٰلِكَ جَعَلْنَاكُمْ أُمَّةً وَسَطًا

(Surat al-Baqara: 143)

In this way, we have made you the community of the middle path

In one of his Majalis, Syedna al-Mu’ayyad al-Shirazi writes that life in either of the extreme climates – extreme cold or extreme heat - does not flourish. In the blistering cold of the Arctic or the sizzling heat of the Sahara, life is nearly impossible to sustain. Life flourishes most where the climate is temperate. The abundance of the flora and fauna of the equatorial belt of the earth is astounding.

Syedna al-Mu’ayyad uses this analogy to represent the extremes in religion and to underscore the importance of balance. Balance is the key to success in this life and it is also the key to preparing for life in the Hereafter. The analogy of extreme climates is applicable in many different contexts. For example, to believe only in the esoteric hidden meaning (batin or tawil) of the Shari’at and Qur’an is comparable to extreme heat while believing only in the exoteric literal meanings and practice (zahir) of the Shari’at and Qur’an corresponds to the extreme cold. It is only through the middle ground of embracing both zahir and tawil that life in the Hereafter is possible.

Another context: to believe that Ali Amirul-Mumineen SA is God is one extreme (ghulu) that leads to perdition, and to believe that Rasulullah SA is a mere mortal is another extreme (qulu) that also leads to perdition. The middle and correct path in this is that Rasulullah is a human being (bashar), but he is unlike the rest of us because he is the only one who receives revelation (wahy). This balanced concept is conveyed in this ayat in which Allah Ta’ala instructs Rasulullah SA: “Say O Mohammed, I am but a human being like you, (but) I receive revelation” (Surat al-Kahf: 110).

BalanceThe principle of balance applies in almost every aspect of life: faith, spending, diet, exercise, work etc. Any of these in either extreme leads to disaster. For example, with respect to spending, the Qur’an Majeed asserts, “do not keep your hand chained to your neck, nor open it completely, or you will sit blameworthy and destitute” (Surat al-Isra’: 29). In another ayat, the Qur’an Majeed instructs us to, “eat and drink but do not waste [or be excessive]” (Surat al-A’raf: 31). Balance is one of the cornerstones of our philosophy and belief and it is one of the fundamentals of our Hudaat’s guidance. The Shari’at of Islam embodies this principle in every stipulation and aspect.

The Qur’an Majeed clearly establishes this core principal of balance and moderation in this ayat ‘we have made you the community of the middle path’ (Surat al-Baqara: 143). Syedna al-Qadi al-Nu’man RA explains in the Da’aim that this ayat refers to our Imams. Our Imams guide us to the middle of the path, away from the cliffs of extremism. Syedna Taher Saifuddin RA has contextualized the meaning of this ayat beautifully in the first bayt of one of his qasidas in the praise of A’immat Tahereen, “O progeny of Mustafa, O community of the middle path. It was in your praise that Jibraeel came to earth with the Revelation” (ya ‘itratal Mustafa wal-ummatal wasata * jibreelu bil-whayi fi midhatikum habata). In another qasida, Syedna Taher Saifuddin emphasizes that the Imams path, the middle path is indeed the best path, “The Imams are the community of the middle path, their road is the middle road, and the best of roads is the middle one.” (hum ummatun wasatun mahajjatuhum atat * wusta wa khayrul anjudil awsaatu).

Rasulullah SA said, “this knowledge is preserved by Just (i.e. fair) Maulas in each successive generation who follow the moderate path--they remove the corrupt changes made by the ignorant, the deceitful alterations made by its enemies, and the false interpretations put forward by the exaggerators” (yahmilu hazal-‘ilma min kulli khalafin ‘udulahu yanfun ‘anha tahrifal-jahileen wantihaalal-mubtileen wa ta’wilal-ghaleen). Our Just Maula today is our Dai, Syedna Qutbuddin. He guides us to the middle path in our faith and aqeeda and guides us to strike the correct balance in our life between deen and dunya.

May Allah Ta’ala grant us the tawfeeq and inspiration to follow the middle path by following the Imams and Du’aat. May we always strive the correct balance in our lives between deen and dunya, while prioritizing deen. May Allah Ta’ala grant longest life in full health to Syedna Qutbuddin TUS, the personification of the middle path (ummatan wasata).

alivasan

Unread post by alivasan » Tue May 03, 2016 1:46 pm

Good write-up..

Truth-Prevails

Unread post by Truth-Prevails » Fri May 06, 2016 6:29 am

Mab’as bayaan 1437H

https://youtu.be/QtkdvchWvYc

Worth watching - see the part on Shariat bayaan from 1h 18 mins onwards.

Ozdundee

Unread post by Ozdundee » Fri May 06, 2016 5:50 pm

Ghanu_Bhaari wrote:A bohra who has very soft corner with STF , said to me;

smarties in the forum will understand what do I mean by quoting this
Bohras feel victimised because their Diais have corrupted and abused their roles by claiming to be intercessors. If we were following Islam as it was intended it is rather liberating . The antisLavery movement in usa was inspired by Nation of Islam, the subjects of Byzantium era used islam to free from empires , the dalits in India too were helped by islam to free from caste.

If one reads Quran it is very clear repeatedly that it instructs mankind Tobe free and only subject to Allah, not any human.

UnhappyBohra

Unread post by UnhappyBohra » Fri May 06, 2016 6:09 pm

I prefer to think of them as teachers and guides. Evidence points to the Qutbuddins having lived life based on principle, their counterparts, a life without it. I look to whose life I would rather emulate. Riding a newer weirder buggy every week is not my thing, so for me the choice is quite clear.

Haqq_Prevails

Unread post by Haqq_Prevails » Sun May 08, 2016 1:28 am

Syedna Taher Fakhruddin TUS Statement on
Khafz (Khatna - CHR)

7 May 2016

Khafz should only be done after girl reaches legal adulthood
In the early 1900s, the 51st Dai al-Mutlaq His Holiness Dr. Syedna Taher Saifuddin Saheb RA—seeing the law of the land and the needs of modern society—clarified several temporal traditions of the faith. For example, he gave clear instructions to the community that men and women should be allowed to marry only after they reach legal adulthood, even though the faith tradition allows them to be married after attaining physical maturity. It goes without saying that these instructions have been continued by the 52nd and 53rd Dais, and continue to be given today by the 54th Dai His Holiness Syedna Taher Fakhruddin TUS.
Syedna Fakhruddin has always been concerned about protecting the rights of women and especially girl children in the community, and wishes to issue this statement now to clear the confusion caused by misguided declarations made by those who have usurped control of the community. They have made declarations contrary to the faith, limiting the education of girls, forcing a glass ceiling on the role women play in society, and undermining the position they have in a marriage. Women in the community have been bringing their plight to Syedna, especially a group of women who have recently brought to Syedna’s attention the trauma which girl children undergo when circumcision (khafz) is carried out without proper medical supervision.
Amirul Mumineen Molana Ali ibn Abi Talib AS clearly says that if the khafz is done then it may be done only after the girl reaches the age of seven. Molana Ali AS also says that this procedure is where part of the ‘clitoral hood’ may be removed, so that women would have more pleasure when they are with their husbands (as cited in the Daaim ul-Islam of Syedna al-Qadi al-Nu’man, Part 1 - pg 124).
وعن علي عليه السلام أنه قال، يا معشر النساء، إذا خفضتن بناتكن فبقين من ذلك شيئا، فإنه أنقى لألوانهن وأحظى لهن عند أزواجهن، وعنه عليه السلام أنه قال، أسرعوا بختان أولادكم فإنه أطهر لهم، وقال، لا تخفض الجارية قبل أن تبلغ سبع سنين
In view of the trauma that many girls undergo, in keeping with the law of the land, and following the precedents set by the previous Dais, Syedna Taher Fakhruddin Saheb says thatkhafz (khatna) of girls should only be allowed after they attain legal adulthood, after which they are free to make their individual decision whether to do the medically, legally and religiously sanctioned procedures.
The procedure is Clitoral Hood Reduction (CHR), also called Clitoral De-Hooding (CDH), or Hoodectomy, which is a medically sanctioned procedure, which many women choose to have done in many countries including the USA by licenced surgeons. The khafz procedure as just explained is analogous to CDH – in contrast, Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) is a horrific and un-Islamic practice and Syedna Fakhruddin condemns it categorically.

Ozdundee

Unread post by Ozdundee » Sun May 08, 2016 6:51 am

I congratulate STF for taking a very practical and well researched religious position. It is a sign of a leader familiar with contemporary and secular issues. A leader needs to protect and promote his community.

It protects children undergoing child abuse, eliminates women who wish to perform the sunnah to do so willingly and consciously where law permits , removes obligation on parents.