zakaat.

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
think

zakaat.

Unread post by think » Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:25 pm

Pakistan is cracking down on humbug institutions collecting zakat, fitra etc monies . couple of young kids gather around street corners with a handkerchief spread out at masjids after juma prayers and asking prayer goers to donate for jihad. People throw money in the handkerchief without reciept etc. they are collecting big amounts.
is not the kothar along the same lines.

allbird

Re: zakaat.

Unread post by allbird » Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:23 am

Brother you have no idea how much is the upkeep cost involved in keeping a place like Saifee Mahal. The property rates, water rates, land Tax, Maintenance, new Interiors every year, infact the cost of bird feed will surpass your monthly income in US $$$. Children and grand children's schooling, clothing, toys, Aayas (servants), bensaheb's maintenance is also no CHEAP. My friend when you and i get sick we go to Jupperpadi docter's because their charges are less and give tablets from rep-samples. While if saifee mahal sneeze's they go to GERMANY for Ilaaj (cure) that too business class.

Its like saying if Saifee Mahal sneezes the whole bohra Qoum catches cold.

Now that where your Zakaat goes, and some has to flow through Kothar to keep the machinery well greased.
:D :mrgreen:

I Rizwan

Unread post by I Rizwan » Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:54 am

any idea what would be monthly cost of kothari pests every month? rough idea?

may be 10 crores?

think

Unread post by think » Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:12 am

Then the obvious question, would you like your zakaat money to feed the poor and needy and take care of the orphans or let the kothar spend it on themselves lavishly. I would say go the quranic way.

think

Unread post by think » Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:11 pm

Following was written on charity or as in islam zakaat. .

Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angles, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. And though I have a gift of prophecy, and understand allmysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could move mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.
Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not, charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up.
Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil.
Rejoiceth not in inequity, but rejoiceth in the truth; beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
Charity never faileth; but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease, whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.
For we know in part and we prophecy in part. But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became man, I put away childish things. For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face; now I knowin part; but then I know even as alsoI am known.
And now abideth faith, hope charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

soulsurvivor

Unread post by soulsurvivor » Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:51 pm

allbird wrote:Brother you have no idea how much is the upkeep cost involved in keeping a place like Saifee Mahal. The property rates, water rates, land Tax, Maintenance, new Interiors every year, infact the cost of bird feed will surpass your monthly income in US $$$. Children and grand children's schooling, clothing, toys, Aayas (servants), bensaheb's maintenance is also no CHEAP. My friend when you and i get sick we go to Jupperpadi docter's because their charges are less and give tablets from rep-samples. While if saifee mahal sneeze's they go to GERMANY for Ilaaj (cure) that too business class.

Its like saying if Saifee Mahal sneezes the whole bohra Qoum catches cold.

Now that where your Zakaat goes, and some has to flow through Kothar to keep the machinery well greased.
:D :mrgreen:
Well then they should move to better economical locations...btw they are sitting on Sir Adamjee Peerbhoy property.

think

Unread post by think » Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:03 pm

Is it not abundantly clear they are living on the handouts of Sir Adamjee pirbhoy and all the bohra community

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:54 am

People keep forgetting my local hero Mr. Asgar Vasanwala. That man has worked hard to help the needy. His Roshan Saffar Trust has helped many poor folks. He has walked the same path as Sir Adamji Peerbhoy. I admire his courage and commitment. He goes beyond religion and belief, a perfect humanitarian.

There are many baby Peerbhoys around. Its a good time to expose those who among us has done similar deeds.