Invitation to Ismaili Tayyebi scholars

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
Nafisa

Invitation to Ismaili Tayyebi scholars

Unread post by Nafisa » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:41 am

A detail book is require on the crimes of 47 Nazim Abdulqadir Najmuddin to current Nazim Mufaddal Saif Ala Deen. Educated class is interested to know the hijack details of Dawat ship by 47 Nazim Dai. I am sure that scholars pay attention towards it.

I Rizwan

Re: Invitation to Ismaili Tayyebi scholars

Unread post by I Rizwan » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:08 am

scholarship is extinct commodity in dawoodi bohra world, but if any real scholar is left he must pen down every thing.

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:48 pm

nafisaben,

i doubt if there any scholars or insiders remaining who would have first hand knowledge of what happened more than a 100 years ago. secondly, i also doubt if there is any written account of the events as they transpired.

there are stories handed down of the sudden death of the 46th when he was in perfect health and the highly suspicious activities which took place later. there was no tv, internet or smartphones to record the minutest details as they occurred.

besides, how is it relevant today? whether the line of dais after the 46th are rightful or not, their oppressive and tyrannical behaviour, loot, exploitation, high-handedness, arrogance and ayyashi is there for all to see. what is more important for bohras is to see the signs as they stare them in the face. by looking for evidence that the last 7 dais are impostors and thugs, we will not get any relief. we already know they are!

the tragedy is they have dumbed down the bohras to such an extent that they have become bleating sheep happily lining up for slaughter. one has heard of cults where on the orders of the leader there have been mass suicides, but here we have a community of lakhs willing to do reverse sajdas and even commit harakiri!!!!

AgnosticIndian

Unread post by AgnosticIndian » Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:15 pm

Where are the books to do an independent study of bohra sect? Who can do scholarly work on it apart from the "scholars" in Jamea? Very cleverly they took away all books, manuscripts & probably burnt it if it went against their schemes.

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:19 pm

AgnosticIndian wrote:Where are the books to do an independent study of bohra sect? Who can do scholarly work on it apart from the "scholars" in Jamea? Very cleverly they took away all books, manuscripts & probably burnt it if it went against their schemes.

the only book that is required to judge the bohra dais is the quran! they cannot make that disappear... :lol:

Biradar

Unread post by Biradar » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:12 pm

This has already been done. Please see thebohras.com website:
http://thebohras.com/page_11.html

And also the audio lecture:
http://thebohras.com/page_24.html
(Listen to the one entitled "Situation at the martyrdom of 46th dai Syyedna Mohammad Badruddin a.q.")

I have spent some time trying to understand the situation at the time of the 46th da'i, based both on pro- and anti- 47th da'is arguments. Perhaps I can summarize at some point, but the basic conclusion is that the essential split was due to a power struggle between the ulema and the office of the da'i. Even though framed in the context of naas, it really was not. As history has shown the ulema lost, and lost badly. (According to me, the naas happened just fine on the 47th da'i, but the differences amongst the ulema themselves, and the family of the 47th da'i caused a schism, and the eventual loss of the power of the ulema and the corresponding rise in the power of the da'i and his office. More later).

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:03 pm

One can also browse through the following article for further information :-

Life History of Al Muqaddas Shaheed Shaikh Sajjad Husein Sarangpurwala

By: Janab Mohammad Sarangpurwala s/o Shaheed Sheikh Sajjad Husein Sarangpurwala.
Place: Leicester, UK.
Date: August 27, 2015

Since my late father Muqaddas Shaheed Shaikh Sajjad Husein was very intelligent as student and was famous as an Allama, he came into constant contacts of many family members belonging to so called Royal families and they told him in details about the sad and shocking incident of 1256 A.H. when 46th rightful Dai Sayyedena wa Maulana Mohammed Badruddin Saheb r.a. ibne Sayyedena Wa Maulana Abdeali Saifuddin Saheb r.a died at the age of 30 as he was given poison and he died suddenly without naming (without declaring NUS on any one) his successor.

Shaikh Abdul Husein Bhai Saheb Goldadarwala was also among them. But my father was fully convinced about this fact when Muqaddas Janab Qayyumbhai Saheb s/o Shaikh Adam Ziauddin s/o Abdul Husein Husamuddin Saheb (2nd Nazim Dai#48 in sequence) s/o rightful 45th Dai Sayyedena wa Maulana Tayyeb Zainuddin Saheb r.a. told him that one day I asked Ibrahim Wajihuddin s/o Abdul Qader Najmuddin (1st Nazim Dai and 47th in sequence) about Nus and Ibrahim Wajihuddin stretching his hand towards Qibla (Direction to Kaba) told me that I asked my father Abdul Qader Najmuddin about Nus and he told me,
“My son, Maulana Mohammed Badruddin r.a. neither declared Nus (did not anointed) upon me, nor Maulana r.a. told me anything about Nus, and even nobody gave any witness about Nus before me. I have assumed this office of Dai only with the consensus of the Ulemas (The then Religious learned persons) of that time who appointed me for this post.

READ FULL ARTICLE :-

http://thebohras.com/Others/Life%20Hist ... urwala.pdf