Marrying outside bohras...

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
alif1610

Marrying outside bohras...

Unread post by alif1610 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:37 pm

Assalamualaikum...

It has been many years since my thoughts changed about bohras and what we are into...
Also it has been 9 years since i know a guy and we want to get married now....he is sunni muslim...
His family loves me a lot and has accepted me as a daughter....
He also came to meet my family...everyone liked him....
But later all disgreed and turned against me...they want me to break this relation ONLY because they fear they will be boycotted from the bohra society and the well known "log kya kahenge" notion...

I personally want to follow islam and i have not been a practicing bohra at any time..and so i won't be able to adjust in a bohra family...
Its been so long and i cannot break this relation for such a reason...
Please help....
How far is the boycotting thing true??
There must be some way out...because i am not willing to give up on this just for the sake of people who dont even know my name (the society)...

Please share your views with some practical solutions....

Jazak Allah khair...

dal-chaval-palidu

Re: Marrying outside bohras...

Unread post by dal-chaval-palidu » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:04 pm

How staunch is your family? If it is not very staunch, marrying a Sunni Muslim should be okay. You should be able to keep relations with your family and friends, in my opinion. You may not get to attend Bohra jammat functions, but otherwise should be okay. Family happy and sad occasions, I think you should have no problems attending, I think.