The barbaric form of iddah

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
Social Awareness

Re: The barbaric form of iddah

Unread post by Social Awareness » Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:27 am

Hajamali is a fan boy 8)
Last edited by Social Awareness on Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Social Awareness

Unread post by Social Awareness » Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:37 am

Fan boy is unable to comprehend and understand the above posts. :idea:

or may be just intentionally ignoring it all :lol: :mrgreen:

ajamali

Unread post by ajamali » Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:01 am

I think Mummy’s Boy fails to understand that if you walk into the clutches of one whom you view as an oppressor and as an adult, you pledge your wealth and your life to him, you lose the right to complain. Are the Bohras the only Kabrastan in town? If there are others that are cheaper, take your departed ones there. Bohra kabrastans are not a gateway to heaven you know. It is not written in the Quran that a person should be buried in a Bohra Kabrastan to go to heaven.

It’s when you are losing an argument, that you flail around and say that I don’t understand. The reality is that your argument does not have the ground to stand on and there is plenty of ground to bury your dead in!

ajamali

Unread post by ajamali » Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:14 am

In the US there is no concept of a Bohra Kabrastan! You take your departed to a funeral home, perform gusul and namaaz there and bury them in any kabrastan that allows a qiblah oriented burial. And there are plenty of choices. I bet the same can apply in India. So why the fuss about who is demanding how much money. It’s a free market.

Social Awareness

Unread post by Social Awareness » Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:52 am

Hajamali are you serious, do you even understand what you writing in order to defend your master. take a deep breath and think about it.

fan boy is losing his marbles now :lol:

ajamali

Unread post by ajamali » Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:59 pm

:roll:
Do YOU know what you are talking about Mummy’s boy? You pointed out blah blah blah how people were being asked to pay up to bury their loved ones and I said, if you don’t like the price of a Bohra kabrastan, go elsewhere. How is that a defense of anyone? Just letting people know they have options other than coming on this forum and crying about things all the time.... or maybe you prefer to burn your loved ones now that you know the wood covers a burning body.....perhaps they don’t ask for any money to burn bodies. Did you tell your darling moulvi he was speaking from his ass and that chewing paan is a no no in Islam!

think_for_yourself

Unread post by think_for_yourself » Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:55 pm

The irreverent A. Jamali has a point. Burial options are plentiful. If people start using other options, the clergy’s greed will automatically get reined in. Although why the virus diverted the topic from iddat to burial is beyond me...

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:41 am

ajamali wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:14 am In the US there is no concept of a Bohra Kabrastan! You take your departed to a funeral home, perform gusul and namaaz there and bury them in any kabrastan that allows a qiblah oriented burial. And there are plenty of choices. I bet the same can apply in India. So why the fuss about who is demanding how much money. It’s a free market.
WRONG
In South Florida, Jamaat purchased a dedicated area of commercial cemetery and bury only Dawoodi Bohras (SMS followers) only, Initially every Jamati was asked to purchase two plots, so they have enough land and area is kind of roped off. while I did have two for me but now since I am no longer part of cult, I have no idea if I can put a claim on it
While Muslim Community have their own Cemetery (10 acres) where the burial takes place even after Isha as they have their own washing and preparation as well small Mussallaha for Namaz e Janazah too. All the people providing burial services are Volunteers so the cost is very low as well. They even pick the bodies from the Hospital to the Cemetery giving grieving families respite from the chores

ajamali

Unread post by ajamali » Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:31 am

SBM wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:41 am
ajamali wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:14 am In the US there is no concept of a Bohra Kabrastan! You take your departed to a funeral home, perform gusul and namaaz there and bury them in any kabrastan that allows a qiblah oriented burial. And there are plenty of choices. I bet the same can apply in India. So why the fuss about who is demanding how much money. It’s a free market.
WRONG
In South Florida, Jamaat purchased a dedicated area of commercial cemetery and bury only Dawoodi Bohras (SMS followers) only, Initially every Jamati was asked to purchase two plots, so they have enough land and area is kind of roped off. while I did have two for me but now since I am no longer part of cult, I have no idea if I can put a claim on it
While Muslim Community have their own Cemetery (10 acres) where the burial takes place even after Isha as they have their own washing and preparation as well small Mussallaha for Namaz e Janazah too. All the people providing burial services are Volunteers so the cost is very low as well. They even pick the bodies from the Hospital to the Cemetery giving grieving families respite from the chores
Since you purchased the plots, you should claim them or try to sell to some MS fanboy for a premium haha!

Bottom line, you still have the option of using the Muslim facility. You are not tied to the Bohra kabrastan.

bohra_manus

Unread post by bohra_manus » Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:28 pm

ajamali wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:31 am
SBM wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:41 am
WRONG
Since you purchased the plots, you should claim them or try to sell to some MS fanboy for a premium haha!

Bottom line, you still have the option of using the Muslim facility. You are not tied to the Bohra kabrastan.
Brothers/Sisters
This is not an option if you live in a small town in India. If you choose to bury your deceased person anywhere but the bohra kabarsatan your automatically labelled as non believer in Maula (Muffy). Your social and business life will go to hell. Unfortunately, if one person dares to challenge he is boycotted by the Aamil and no one dares to support that family. I have seen this personally in my town.

ajamali

Unread post by ajamali » Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:02 am

So this brings me back to the original point. It is all about the price you are willing to pay. Revolutions were not started, freedom was not attained by people who wanted to be seen as “believers in Moula.”

Humsafar

Unread post by Humsafar » Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:56 pm

ajamali wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:02 am So this brings me back to the original point. It is all about the price you are willing to pay. Revolutions were not started, freedom was not attained by people who wanted to be seen as “believers in Moula.”
It's funny that a Fatemi Dawat devotee -- a believer of a different Maulana -- should talk about revolution and freedom. Some fanboys are so clueless they have no idea what irony is! :-)
People who have supported two generations of oppression and corruption shouldn't be talking about the price one is willing to pay. They are just talking through their backside.

Social Awareness

Unread post by Social Awareness » Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:26 pm

Hajamali is proving himself so stupid that now its not even worth to reply him. He really seems to be a clueless idiot who just jumped from muffy to taher is haste and knows nothing about their backgrounds. Any ways fan boy hajamali is good time pass here.

ajamali

Unread post by ajamali » Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:30 pm

Humsafar wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:56 pm
ajamali wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:02 am So this brings me back to the original point. It is all about the price you are willing to pay. Revolutions were not started, freedom was not attained by people who wanted to be seen as “believers in Moula.”
It's funny that a Fatemi Dawat devotee -- a believer of a different Maulana -- should talk about revolution and freedom. Some fanboys are so clueless they have no idea what irony is! :-)
People who have supported two generations of oppression and corruption shouldn't be talking about the price one is willing to pay. They are just talking through their backside.
What revolution have you caused Humsafar? Have you managed to haul Muffy to court and put him on the defensive for 7 years? FD was your biggest and best opportunity to remake a community and you blew it because your head was too big but not big enough to hold your ego. The irony is that after years of waiting for a revolution, you guys failed to recognize it when it was finally here.

yfm

Unread post by yfm » Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:53 am

I agree. I am a LOL. What to do? I am not only a loser but completely lost! These thugs and all their followers have made me carry the donkey instead of riding it. That is with us Bohras.

Social Awareness

Unread post by Social Awareness » Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:25 am

So basically Hajamali chose the lesser evil but he forgot that TF is low profile right now just because he has no power. :lol:

Fan boy :lol:

Social Awareness

Unread post by Social Awareness » Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:15 am

TF and his dad didn't felt to bring any revolution for 50 years when the paycheque was coming.

as soon as the pay cheque got stopped they thought to bring the revolution and freed bohras. :lol:

Humsafar

Unread post by Humsafar » Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:31 pm

ajamali wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:30 pm What revolution have you caused Humsafar? Have you managed to haul Muffy to court and put him on the defensive for 7 years? FD was your biggest and best opportunity to remake a community and you blew it because your head was too big but not big enough to hold your ego. The irony is that after years of waiting for a revolution, you guys failed to recognize it when it was finally here.
Oh for sure we caused a revolution at a time when your beloved Khuzema Qutbuddin and his brood were still suckling at the teats of the corrupt and thieving system. And this court case is not a revolution, it is just a power grab and money grab, because the wily Mufaddal and his toli outplayed and outmanourvered your masters. As I mentioned before, if things had gone if favour of your masters you would be still be part of this illegitimate, thieving circus. No revolution can come from people who have been oppressing Bohras for more than two generations. Words like revolution, choice, freedom sound like so much vomit from the mouths of apologists. Have some shame and stop speaking these words.

ajamali

Unread post by ajamali » Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:12 pm

So we will try and remake a community and what will you do? Keep complaining on this forum? Inaction is not revolution, whinging about past wrongs at the hands of perceived culprits is not it, waiting at the altar of some idealistic liberation in not a revolution. It is nothing more than providing fodder to the virus who is offering his paan chewing moulvis as an alternative.

Humsafar

Unread post by Humsafar » Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:21 pm

ajamali wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:12 pm So we will try and remake a community and what will you do? Keep complaining on this forum? Inaction is not revolution, whinging about past wrongs at the hands of perceived culprits is not it, waiting at the altar of some idealistic liberation in not a revolution. It is nothing more than providing fodder to the virus who is offering his paan chewing moulvis as an alternative.
Community!! Your community is little more than old opium in a new packet. You're going to build it on the backs of Bohras with the wealth stolen from them. What good can come from it? As for me and us progressives, we already have a thriving community which is truly free and democratic and far more Islamic and Fatimid than the two factions of the same thieving circus can ever offer. Ours is not idealistic liberation, but it is liberation warts and all, without the mafia clergy breathing down our necks.
It is important to acknowledge the past wrongs so that we learn from it. It is only people who have benefited from the past wrongs ask others to forget about the past. This should tell on which side of history you are. We will not forget the past and keep reminding you and your ilk that you and your masters are the legatees of a corrupt ruthless and thieving system.

ajamali

Unread post by ajamali » Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:53 pm

Woweee! Consider us reminded :roll:

Too bad you could not make your liberation ideal. Too bad you keep whining about crap 50 years later.

Biradar

Unread post by Biradar » Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:55 pm

ajamali wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:53 pm Woweee! Consider us reminded :roll:

Too bad you could not make your liberation ideal. Too bad you keep whining about crap 50 years later.
Aren't you and the FD leaders also whining about crap 50 years later? I mean all I heard was how horrible SMB's brothers were to SKQ. So why not tell the FD guy in Thane to stop "whining about crap 50 years later"? Isn't the whole so-called nass drama 50 year old crap? Or is it that because you are his bootlicking slave you don't have conviction of the principles you expound to others?

What I find curious about you is that you seem to hold standards for yourself which are completely opposite than for others. For example, you whine about families being torn apart (even though you are a coward yourself) because you followed FD guy but you seem to think that the same atrocious behavior by SMB is not a big deal and one should stop "whining about crap 50 years later". You talk about how wonderful FD guy is but never even once have the courage to actually comment on the same nasty things as Muffy is now doing when it was done by SMB for decades. You don't seem to realize that SKQ and his kids enjoyed a luxurious lifestyle, flying from one vacation spot to another when they could. Now you have become the slave of these kids who were born with a golden spoon in every orifice and so I guess it is time to forget all the 50 year old crap!

As to the Progressive movement: I am a critic but not because I think it did not achieve anything. It did and ultimately it has won in a sense that no one could have imagined. It showed people a life outside the Bohri box and outside the influence of mullahs was possible. Sure, the Bohra sheep like yourself sat on their hands saying "su karisu" (while your master was enjoying in luxury 24/7) and so lost out on an opportunity to make a fundamental transformation in the community. However, the revolution in personal sphere that the Progressives brought about is genuine victory. This forum is a good and shining example, despite it's downward recent trend.

The liberation which Humsafar mentioned has actually happened and is deeply influential in personal lives all across the globe. From the opening up of scholarship by people like the Hamdani family, Ismaili Poonawala and many others to the personal freedom to choose one's life according one's own conscience is a direct result of Progressive protest movement. Today most Bohris are indifferent to the mullahs and go along as they can't seem to bring the courage to leave or counter the propaganda. But the reality is that except outside a small fanatical core there really is a demographic decline in Bohras. Young people are totally indifferent, specially in the West.

Also, worse for you, no one really cares for FD guy in Thane. In a purely detached scholarly sense I believe nass happened on his dad, but that does not mean much, as according you it is "50 year old crap" and we should stop whining about it. Anyway, the Progressives have realized that life with any mullah is bad, specially if that mullah wants to control everything from how you go to the toilet to how you mutilate the genitals of your daughters when they turn 7!

Because you are bootlicker you can't imagine what it is to walk with a straight back where no mullah tells you what to do, neither the guy in Thane or one in Sri Lanka, and you make decisions based on your understanding of Islam. You bend and fawn in front of FD kids and think that is "revolutionary"! Amazing, tragic and funny at the same time.

Humsafar

Unread post by Humsafar » Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:43 pm

Eloquently put Biradar. Couldn't have said it better myself.

ajamali

Unread post by ajamali » Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:09 am

Humsafar wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:43 pm Eloquently put Biradar. Couldn't have said it better myself.
It’s as though you said it yourself LOL!

Humsafar

Unread post by Humsafar » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:56 pm

ajamali wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:09 am It’s as though you said it yourself LOL!
No I did not, but I'll take that as a compliment.

kseeker

Unread post by kseeker » Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:59 pm

Humsafar wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:21 pm
ajamali wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:12 pm So we will try and remake a community and what will you do? Keep complaining on this forum? Inaction is not revolution, whinging about past wrongs at the hands of perceived culprits is not it, waiting at the altar of some idealistic liberation in not a revolution. It is nothing more than providing fodder to the virus who is offering his paan chewing moulvis as an alternative.
Community!! Your community is little more than old opium in a new packet. You're going to build it on the backs of Bohras with the wealth stolen from them. What good can come from it? As for me and us progressives, we already have a thriving community which is truly free and democratic and far more Islamic and Fatimid than the two factions of the same thieving circus can ever offer. Ours is not idealistic liberation, but it is liberation warts and all, without the mafia clergy breathing down our necks.
It is important to acknowledge the past wrongs so that we learn from it. It is only people who have benefited from the past wrongs ask others to forget about the past. This should tell on which side of history you are. We will not forget the past and keep reminding you and your ilk that you and your masters are the legatees of a corrupt ruthless and thieving system.
I am glad to see that a progressive community outside the mainstream versions is thriving however there is no room for 'democracy' in Islam.. atleast not in a sense where common members decide who will lead them...

Humsafar

Unread post by Humsafar » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:26 am

kseeker wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:59 pm I am glad to see that a progressive community outside the mainstream versions is thriving however there is no room for 'democracy' in Islam.. atleast not in a sense where common members decide who will lead them...
Please explain how there is "room no for 'democracy' in Islam". I'm really curious to know. Until then I'll defer my comments.
We reformists are electing nobody to lead us. We elect office bearers to run the affairs of the jamat and other institutions.

kseeker

Unread post by kseeker » Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:06 am

Humsafar wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:26 am
kseeker wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:59 pm I am glad to see that a progressive community outside the mainstream versions is thriving however there is no room for 'democracy' in Islam.. atleast not in a sense where common members decide who will lead them...
Please explain how there is "room no for 'democracy' in Islam". I'm really curious to know. Until then I'll defer my comments.
We reformists are electing nobody to lead us. We elect office bearers to run the affairs of the jamat and other institutions.
Every Abrahamic religion and most monotheistic religions have been introduced or revealed through a person chosen by the divine power ... in our case, it is an Imam whose position is constant throughout history.. child after father.. divinely ordained.. or in terms of prophets who are also divinely ordained.. and the wasii.. who is appointed by the prophet...
If you see the Bohra system as well.. Syedna Zoeb was appointed by Hurat-al-Maleka, was was also appointed by Imam Aamir (AS)... all local ministers are appointed by the Dai and his succeeding Dai is also appointed by the Dai...It's a top to bottom approach.. those at the bottom do not decide who takes the reins...

You can say that the Khalifa system after the demise of Rasul-Allah was in a way a democratic system but we don't accept them or their position anyways... it might be acceptable from a political point of view but certainly not from a spiritual one...those who believed Ali (AS) to be the rightful successor went to him only...

The whole point of a spiritual leader is to show the people who are astray the path towards righteousness.. how can those who are astray decide who knows the correct path? that's like saying a student is asked to decide which one of his two teachers is more knowledgeable when his own knowledge is inferior to both of theirs....

Now if you say that you elect someone to take care of the admin work then that's completely fine.... you obviously have to appoint someone to take care of it... but what do you do for spiritual guidance and religious purposes? who do you follow and to what extent is his word authoritative? This is not a rhetorical question. I would actually like to know this...

Humsafar

Unread post by Humsafar » Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:02 pm

The belief in the necessity of a rightful guide is a Shia doctrine, not an Islamic one. I know that vast Shia scholarship and exegeses are available to justify this theology, and I do not want to go into it. Islam was founded on egalitarian principles and all believers are deemed as equal. Outside of Shia theology, no one person has a higher spiritual authority than the other. In this sense I think Islam believes in democratic ideals.

As for who guides progressives spiritually, we don't follow any mullah. We follow the traditions as handed down to us. And we have the Quran and the Daim ul Ilsam and the books from scholars and amils to guide us. There's enough literature available for those who seek guidance on any number of topics.

But generally speaking, and specific to the Bohra experience, I want to know how our Dais of late have been spiritually guiding their flock. I mean what exact spiritual knowledge or enlightenment are they providing to the Bohras? As for they being divinely appointed, there have been so many factions right from Imam Jaffer us Sadiq (or even earlier) that one begins to wonder if we're making a mockery of divinity by involving it in this mess. Look at the Dais of our lifetime -- Taher Saifuddin, Mood. Burhanuddin, Mufaddal Saifuddin (or Khuzema Qutbuddin, one more faction) -- and please tell me what spiritual contributions have they made in the lives of Bohras? On the contrary, there's loads and loads of evidence to show that they do not even have an iota of spirituality in them or in the system they are running. Their pursuits are material and worldly, their agenda is power and money.

The concept of a rightful guide sounds nice, but in practice it has become a hoax. We may continue to cling to it as a doctrine, as a legacy, but it has no spiritual value. In fact, it has become a tool, a weapon to bludgeon Bohras into submission.

AbdeYamani

Unread post by AbdeYamani » Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:54 pm

Humsafar wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:02 pm The belief in the necessity of a rightful guide is a Shia doctrine, not an Islamic one. I know that vast Shia scholarship and exegeses are available to justify this theology, and I do not want to go into it. Islam was founded on egalitarian principles and all believers are deemed as equal. Outside of Shia theology, no one person has a higher spiritual authority than the other. In this sense I think Islam believes in democratic ideals.

As for who guides progressives spiritually, we don't follow any mullah. We follow the traditions as handed down to us. And we have the Quran and the Daim ul Ilsam and the books from scholars and amils to guide us. There's enough literature available for those who seek guidance on any number of topics.

But generally speaking, and specific to the Bohra experience, I want to know how our Dais of late have been spiritually guiding their flock. I mean what exact spiritual knowledge or enlightenment are they providing to the Bohras? As for they being divinely appointed, there have been so many factions right from Imam Jaffer us Sadiq (or even earlier) that one begins to wonder if we're making a mockery of divinity by involving it in this mess. Look at the Dais of our lifetime -- Taher Saifuddin, Mood. Burhanuddin, Mufaddal Saifuddin (or Khuzema Qutbuddin, one more faction) -- and please tell me what spiritual contributions have they made in the lives of Bohras? On the contrary, there's loads and loads of evidence to show that they do not even have an iota of spirituality in them or in the system they are running. Their pursuits are material and worldly, their agenda is power and money.

The concept of a rightful guide sounds nice, but in practice it has become a hoax. We may continue to cling to it as a doctrine, as a legacy, but it has no spiritual value. In fact, it has become a tool, a weapon to bludgeon Bohras into submission.
It's astonishing that someone who is on this forum since 2006, never cared to read "about us Our Mission section on this website...

http://www.dawoodi-bohras.com/about_us/our-mission/