Dawoodi Bohras in the media 2017-18

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
bohrabhai

Dawoodi Bohras in the media 2017-18

Unread post by bohrabhai » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:18 am

Please post relevant information here

Truth-Prevails

Re: Dawoodi Bohra in media 2017

Unread post by Truth-Prevails » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:38 pm

A flurry of Newpaper Articles -

http://www.freepressjournal.in/mumbai/i ... il/1040973

‘I have absolute faith in the Indian courts, truth shall prevail’

— By FPJ Bureau | Mar 26, 2017 12:03 am

His Holiness Syedna Taher Fakhruddin Saheb (TUS), the 54th Dai al- Mutlaq is head of the worldwide Dawoodi Bohra Community. He is the eldest son of 53rd Dai al- Mutlaq His Holiness the Late Syedna Khuzaima Qutbuddin Saheb (TUS) and was anointed as the 54th Dai al-Mutlaq on November 8, 2015. In an interview with Neeta Kolhatkar of Free Press Journal, Syedna Fakhruddin who has also started a hedge fund in which a woman is a partner, spoke of empowerment of women.

Do you think both the warring factions of the Dawoodi Bohra community will merge after the Bombay High Court’s order in case you lose? How divided will be the whole community?
The dispute is about right and wrong and I am confident the community will not stand divided. I am working towards it. As for the case, I am confident of winning and I have absolute faith in our Indian courts. I am hopeful they will rule expeditiously. Truth will prevail and we are speaking the truth in the courts. Sooner the judgement is given we will join together and become a beacon for every society and country.

After the death of The 52nd Da’i al-Mutlaq of the Dawoodi Bohras, Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin, in January 2014, the Prime Minister came to meet the other leader, the claimant to the 54th Dai al-Mutlaq, Syedhna Mufaddal Saifuddin. Do you feel this is a message of the government supporting the opposite group?
This event was not known to the Prime Minister that the matter is in the courts. It is premature to assume that he is supporting any one faction. I do not think if Narendra Modi was made aware of the legal proceedings he would support any one faction when the matter is with the judiciary. He would not do so and at least I believe he would not do so.

You have a hedge fund and a woman is a partner as you said. Would your fund managers give financial training to Bohri women and let them also start such funds?
Yes, as long as they can balance in commitment to their family and business together. You have to give priority to your family. The men who pursue business also need to balance, but most often we see the males focus on their business and not their families and the responsibility of it falls on the women. Often the men are away for weeks on their business. I would say for both the balance is important.

The oral triple talaq is banned in many countries and now there is a case filed by Muslim women asking to ban this. What is your stand?
We Dawoodi Bohras do not practice triple talaq. In the broader sense of the Muslim society issue, this needs to be resolved. No gender rights are denied and especially hurting women, such issues can be worked out. We want to be compliant to the laws of any land. Religion is not to put hardships on a section of society. The laws are there for the betterment of society. It is important to come together.

Will there ever be a lady Syedna, spiritual leader for the Bohras? Would you believe in this?
You may have heard of Maulatuna al-Hurrat al-Malika who was nominated to the rutba of hujjat (the only known woman to have occupied this rank besides Maulatuna Fatema) and was made the overall head of the Dawat in Yemen by Imam al-Mustansir Billah. This was done at that point of time.
Last edited by Truth-Prevails on Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Truth-Prevails

Unread post by Truth-Prevails » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:40 pm

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/mum ... 657837.ece

Will win, unite community: rival Sydena
Bhavya Dore MARCH 25, 2017 01:35 IST

HC hearing on succession on May 2

Mumbai: Taher Fakhruddin, the challenger to the leadership of the Dawoodi Bohra community, expressed confidence that the court would rule in his side’s favour in the ongoing religious succession dispute. He was speaking to the press on Friday — in a rare public appearance — outlining his vision for the community and commenting on the dispute.

When Mohammad Burhanuddin, the 52nd Dai al Mutlaq (the title of the religious leader of the Bohras) died in January 2014, his son Mufaddal Saifuddin claimed the title. His supporters say that he was publicly anointed as successor by his father.

However, the half-brother of the 52nd Dai, Khuzaima Qutbuddin, filed a suit in the Bombay High Court in March 2014, claiming that he had been privately anointed successor by the 52nd Dai in 1965, and asking that he be declared the 53rd Dai and that Mr. Saifuddin be restrained from taking actions as the leader.

Last year, Mr. Qutbuddin passed away. His son, Taher Fakhruddin, claims that his father anointed him successor before he died, and that he is the true successor and 54th Dai. On March 7, the Bombay High Court allowed Mr. Fakhruddin to file an amended petition and continue the challenge. The next hearing is on May 2.

“We are 100% confident that we will win,” Mr. Fakhruddin said. “We are speaking the truth. I am very very confident the community will not remain divided and all will join together and become a beacon of light for every society in every country.”

Mr. Fakhruddin reiterated his stand on khafz — the practice of female circumcision, usually on young girls, that has increasingly been opposed by activists — saying it was up to adult women to choose for themselves. He said that Sharia law prescribed the practice “for the betterment of women” but that it was up to women “to decide to do so” in adulthood if they wished. When asked what steps he had taken since publicly opposing the practice, he said he had referred to the issue in his communications and directives. “I have done what I needed to do.”

Asked about the issue of triple talaaq, which is pending before the Supreme Court, he said it was complex: “It is difficult but it can be resolved, and in doing so the rights of women should be considered at the forefront. I hope it comes to a good resolution which is fair to everyone, men and women."

Truth-Prevails

Unread post by Truth-Prevails » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:42 pm

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city ... 819023.cms

Bohras must not be forced to pay levies, says Syedna rival

Mohammed Wajihuddin | TNN | Updated: Mar 25, 2017, 12.40 AM IST

MUMBAI: Days after Bombay high court allowed Taher Fakhruddin to continue the succession battle initiated by his late father Khuzaima Qutbuddin against Syedna Mufaddal Saifuddin over the leadership of Dawoodi Bohra community, Fakhruddin said that the community should not be forced to pay "levies".

Addressing media on Friday, rare for a claimant to the Syedna's post, Fakhruddin spoke on a range of issues, including allegedly high taxes levied on the community members, female genital mutilation (FGM) prevalent among the Bohras and the dispute over the title of Dai al-Mutlaq or Syedna.

"Except zakat (2.5% of annual income for charity), there is no other tax according to the Shariah. Even zakat is compulsory only on those who can afford it and so it should not be enforced," said Fakhruddin whose father Khuzaima Qutbuddin challenged the succession of Syedna Mufaddal Saifuddin as the community's 53rd spiritual head after the death of 52nd spiritual head Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin on January 17, 2014. Responding to a question about FGM, he said that it is for the women to choose whether they want to undergo the procedure. "The term is khafz which is different from FGM and it should be done once the women acquire adulthood and it can't be done forcefully," said Fakhruddin.

When asked if he would reconcile and merge his group with the larger faction led by Syedna Mufaddal Saifuddin if he loses the case in the court, he said he was confident of winning it. His lawyer Andand Desaid reiterated the submission in the court that there was no witness when Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin anointed Fakhruddin's father as his successor in 1965 through "private communication". About the triple talaq issue, Fakhruddin merely said that "it was a complex issue and rights of women should be protected".

Truth-Prevails

Unread post by Truth-Prevails » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:45 pm

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/tran ... 12410.html

Transparency in religious affairs will help community: Syedna

PTI March 24, 2017 | UPDATED 22:35 IST

Mumbai, Mar 24 (PTI) Transparency in the management of administrative and religious affairs will help the Dawoodi Bohra community and reduce fear and insecurity among its members, spiritual leader Syedna Taher Fakhruddin Saheb said here today.

"I want the Dawoodi Bohra community to live in peace and harmony," said Syedna Fakhruddin at his first press conference after he was anointed as the 54th Dai al-Mutlaq of Dawoodi Bohra Community on November 8, 2015 by his father and the then spiritual leader.
Syedna was speaking on the alleged growing disharmony within the community regarding the succession of the religious head of the community.

The Bombay High Court had recently allowed the plea by Syedna Taher Fakhruddin Saheb seeking to continue the succession battle initiated by his late father Syedna Khuzaima Qutbuddin Saheb against Shahzada Muffadal Saifuddin over the title of Dai al-Mutlaq or Syedna -- the religious leader of the Dawoodi Bohra community.

Speaking about the division of loyalties among the community members, Syedna Fakhruddin said, "My community members understand what we stand for -- our morals, ethics and principles. I trust them to make an informed decision as to their faith and leadership."
Syedna Fakhruddin said, "We have full faith in Indian courts and believe that they will rule in (favaour of) the truth, in the interest of the community. We would like to expedite the matter in the court in the best interests of the community."

"Following the footsteps and principles of my father and the 53rd Syedna, I am renewing the call for a debate with Shehzada Mufaddal Saifuddin Saheb. This is an important aspect of our culture but if Shezada Saifuddin choses not to respond, I am confident that our Judiciary will give justice," he said.

To a question on the issue of triple talaq, Syedna Fakhruddin said, "This is a very complex issue and I hope it gets resolved soon. Rights of women should be considered and everyone must be given a fair chance."

"My effort would be to bring all the people of the community together and propagate that Dawoodi Bohra members are part of India. My father did the same and I would continue to follow suit," Syedna Fakhruddin said.

He said members of the community are very progressive and the had highest literacy rate compared to other communities. Women had 92 per cent literacy rate and the men accounted for 88 per cent, he added.

"We (members of the community) are very progressive and I want them to be ahead of time," the Syedna said.

Syedna Qutbuddin Saheb passed away on March 30 last year. However, before that, on November 8, 2015, he conferred nass (title of Syedna) upon his son, Syedna Taher Fakhruddin Saheb to succeed him as the 54th spiritual head.

Truth-Prevails

Unread post by Truth-Prevails » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:47 pm

http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report-su ... es-2367181

Successor to Syedna title opens up on contentious issues

DNA CORRESPONDENT | Sat, 25 Mar 2017-08:20am , Mumbai , DNA

“There was no delay on our front in condemning female genital mutilation (FGM) the way it is practised now,” said Syedna Taher Fakhruddin, the 54th Dai Ul Mutlaq, who is now fighting the succession battle of his late father for the 53 Dai Ul Mutlaq’s post, held by his uncle Syedna Mufaddal Saifuddin.

Fakhruddin became the first Syedna in the community’s recent history to talk to the press in person and take questions directly. The community, before and after it split, has chosen public relations executives and people deputed by the clergy to answer questions instead.

After the court allowed Taher to continue his father’s challenge to the succession, he said that the court will give a verdict in his favour and hinted at no reconciliation between ‘right and wrong’.

“I think the stand we have taken needs to be appreciated,” added Taher. Besides slamming the way it is practised now, Taher said that Shariah prescribes Khafz — practised incorrectly as FGM — which is for betterment of women. “Like our previous Syednas, the community has always given precedence to the law of the land. A woman should decide after adulthood if she wants to (opt for FGM),” he said.

But what is his stand when it comes to the issue as a matter of principle? “It is prescribed for the betterment of women. They should do what is prescribed, but no one can force them,” said Taher, who, his followers say, is a great advocate of equal rights for men and women in the community.

But why did he have no stand when he or his father were in the community and took it up only after the issue gained traction? “We got to know of it only recently. We probed it ourselves and I think you will appreciate that we formed a good solution that a logical person would take keeping the law (of the land) in mind,” said Taher.

Truth-Prevails

Unread post by Truth-Prevails » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:49 pm

http://www.mid-day.com/articles/dawoodi ... n/18105199

Rebel faction leader renews call for debate with Syedna Mufaddal Saifuddin

By Gaurav Sarkar | Posted 25-Mar-2017

After the Bombay High Court allowed his plea to continue the succession battle to be anointed leader of the Dawoodi Bohra community (initiated by his late father Khuzaima Qutbuddin), yesterday, the new leader of the rebel faction, Taher Fakhruddin addressed the media and said that he was renewing the call for debate with Syedna Mufaddal Saifuddin.

He also expressed his views on female genital mutilation (FGM) and the mandatory zakat (taxes) paid by the community. He expressed confidence in the Indian judiciary and said it would definitely expedite the succession battle and rule in "favour of the truth."

"I was appointed by my father as the 54th Dai and it's my responsibility to continue in his footsteps. I am renewing the call for a debate with Shehzada Mufaddal. This is an important aspect of our culture, but if he chooses not to respond, I am confident that the judiciary will do justice," he said.

He added, "I am sure the community will not remain divided. We are confident of winning the succession battle because we are on the right side and are speaking the truth."

When asked about the chances of reconciliation between the two factions, he said, "It is about the right and wrong, and there cannot be a reconciliation between the two. I am hopeful the community won't stand divided."

Speaking about how accountability plays a huge role in today's society, he said, "The rival faction is hiding behind veils, which leads to more corruption. Somebody had once told me that we should move with the times. But I feel that as leaders, we have to be ahead of the times."

Truth-Prevails

Unread post by Truth-Prevails » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:54 pm

http://www.asianage.com/metros/mumbai/2 ... court.html

Bohri leader to be decided by Court
THE ASIAN AGE. Published : Mar 25, 2017, 4:35 am IST

My community members understand what we stand for — our morals, ethics and principles.

Embroiled in the legal battle with his cousin brother over the title of Syedna, Taher Fakhruddin Saheb ruled out the any possibility of a reconciliation happening.

Mumbai: Taher Fakhruddin Saheb, who is embroiled in a legal battle with his cousin brother Shehzada Mufaddal Saifuddin over the title of Dai al-Mutlaq or Syedna of the Dawoodi Bohra community, on Friday for the first time addressed a press meet ruling out any possibility of reconciliation. He said that the court would now decide on the issue of succession.

Readers may recall that though the legal battle over title of 53rd Syedna of the Bohra community is underway, Taher has claimed that he already owns the post of 54th Syedna as his father had anointed him the successor.

Mr. Taher’s father, Khuzaima Qutbuddin, had filed a suit challenging his half—nephew and son of the 52nd Syedna Burhanuddin Shehzada’s appointment as the 53rd Syedna. Khuzaima claimed that as per the 52nd Syedna’s decision, the title of the 53rd Syedna and spiritual and moral leader of the community should go to him.

However, with Khuzaima’s demise in March 2016, his eldest son, Mr. Taher announced that he would continue the legal battle initiated by his father and the high court recently allowed him to become a plaintiff in the case.

When asked whether the community was divided over the succession issue, Mr. Taher said, “The community is divided that is why I am hoping that the hearing of the suit will be expedited.

My community members understand what we stand for — our morals, ethics and principles. I trust them to make an informed decision with regard to their faith and leadership.”

“I am renewing the call for a debate with Shezada. This is an important aspect of our culture, but if he chooses not to respond, I am confident that our judiciary will give true justice,” he added.

When asked about the possibility of reconciliation, he said it was a choice between right and wrong and hence, there was no chance of the same happening.
Attachments
aa-Cover-drd3nssuh88ss978knlk6v99h7-20170325043500.Medi.jpeg

dal-chaval-palidu

Unread post by dal-chaval-palidu » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:49 pm

For those who question the value of this forum, above is an example of the value add from this forum.

ajamali

Unread post by ajamali » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:28 am

It is refreshing to hear coherent thought from a Syedna. Ideas presented and developed in real-time. Muffu pales in comparison.....

UnhappyBohra

Unread post by UnhappyBohra » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:33 am

ajamali wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:28 am It is refreshing to hear coherent thought from a Syedna. Ideas presented and developed in real-time. Muffu pales in comparison.....
There is no comparison AJ. STF is thoughtful and sincere man of our times and of our world. Muffu is an anachronism.

think_for_yourself

Unread post by think_for_yourself » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:56 am

A refreshing change from the half sentences and meaningless ramble of MS's off the cuff remarks. Also love the progressive ideas on women's rights. Indeed STF practices what he preaches. As did Syedna Qutbuddin RA.

Muffaddal Bhaisab is such a coward. He will never agree to a debate! In fact I doubt QE and gang would allow him to debate STF...boy, the thought of it sure is entertaining though....

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:15 am

A suggestion for STF Surrogates
One way to break out of typical Kothari Mold, STF should encourage his family members who are highly educated to get out and share podium with Main Stream Muslims. For too long Bohras have stayed in the Box. He should encourage Muslims from other groups to join for Open Houses and come out and condemn terrorism.
He can begin this process starting in West where his sister Tahera BS is a known as Islamic Scholar. He should ask her to present her thoughts at highly attended events like ISNA gathering.
With this kind of exposure a great majority of Muslims will see the real face of Bohra Community.
SMS is spending his capital with Political and Corrupt Goons and STF can use his Scholarly family to present a true picture of Dawoodi Bohra to major Muslim Audience

Biradar

Unread post by Biradar » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:13 pm

SBM: What you suggest is already happening. See the Taqreeb program organized by FD folks: http://www.fatemidawat.com/reference-materials/taqreeb/. Also, Bazat-Tahera gives a lot of lectures in US universities on invitation of the local Muslim Students Association. For example, I have heard her speak on Ali in such a setting. If you know any Muslim group who would like to invite her, I am sure she will come.

What needs to happen is that people from outside the immediate family of SKQ need to do the same. There should be no family monopoly on outreach, scholarship or achievement. Till the contributions of those not in the immediate family are not recognized or encouraged, it will remain, or appear to remain, like a family enterprise.

Incidentally, I have maintained that the schism is due to the conflict between modernity, represented by FD, and narrow orthodoxy, represented by Muffadali Dawaat (MD). This split predates the recent fights. In fact, I suspect that the problems started during the time of S. Taher Saifuddin, when SKQ leaned towards a modern, loving form of Islam while his older brothers, in particular Yusuf Najmuddin, wanted a more austere and strict form of Islam. Yusuf Najmuddin won, but his ambitions were thwarted when SMB appointed SKQ as his mazoon and likely his successor. Hence, this decades long conspiracy to install backward fanatic (i.e. Mr. Muffadul Saifuddin) into the post of da'i, bring to fruition the fanatical ambitions of Yusuf Najmuddin and his other brothers.

Muffy's fanaticism is well known, no need to elaborate. However, this press-conference further shows that FD are ready to reach out, become more moderate and specially work towards equality for women. Notice STF was introduced by a woman and not his brothers.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:40 pm

Biradar
Yes I have seen and heard Bazat Tahera BS and one of her classmate Dr Ayesha spoke very highly of her knowledge.
Point I was trying to make that she and others have to do more outside the Academic World like participating with Muslim Forums outside the campuses.
Dealing with many Inter faith groups is another way to reach out and build the base. Participating with local book fairs and placing booth at ISNA and other large Islamic gathering, I do remember during SMB regime, I saw display of Dawoodi-Bohras community at ISNA in Chicago and after one appearance, they disbanded.
Agha Khan makes appearance in larger Scholarly settings and defending Islam while condemning Terrorism. STF and his surrogates have to be more brash in condemning certain rituals in Bohra Community and in Muslim World it they want a traction to be recognized as Scholarly leadership.
Dr Engineer was blacklisted by Bohra Clergy but was received and recognized as Islamic Scholar by outside world. If STF and his brand of Dawoodi Bohra needs recognition, he needs to break out of typical Kothari/Alaavi Mold

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:59 am

Biradar

Well written thought ! specially the idea of more outsiders holding important position. I have soft corner for FD camp, so far they have not come up with a single bizarre drama and with a sensible, well spoken, articulate leader with matured thinking and intent. It is unlikely they will do any drama.

-----------------------------------------------------------

STF debates with SMS would be heck of an entertainer if not educative or enlightening.

Reporter

Unread post by Reporter » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:05 pm

Affluent Bohras move out of old mohallas, pushing home sales in South Mumbai

The rush to exit the old mohallas by those seeking a better and less regimented environment, has stirred the Bohri leadership to take remedial measures.

Just past JJ Hospital on Mumbai’s arterial Mohammad Ali Road, stands a fast-developing real estate project that was once Byculla’s Khatau Mills, which manufactured the famous Khatau Voile sarees. Today, it is an 11-acre joint venture project by the Gautam Adani Group and Marathon Realty, which offers luxury homes. The project first opened three years ago, and about 80% of the initial bookings were from the Dawoodi Bohra community.

“The project was launched with sales up to the 20th floor of the first tower. Almost all the flats have been booked by Bohras,” said Hari Nair, a South Mumbai broker, who took this writer around the construction site. At Rs 18,000 a square foot, each of the initial buyers would have signed deals for Rs 2.5 crores to Rs 4 crores for small apartments, with an upfront payment of around 20%.

https://scroll.in/article/831710/rich-b ... uth-mumbai

Michigan

Unread post by Michigan » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:48 am

Reporter wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:05 pm Affluent Bohras move out of old mohallas, pushing home sales in South Mumbai

https://scroll.in/article/831710/rich-b ... uth-mumbai
I read this article too. I can say for a fact that the general outlook of the majority of these people have changed. The well-earning folks who were holed up in small kothris in bhindi bazar started moving to Mazgaon and adjoining areas during the construction boom in those areas. As soon as these people left their natural habitat, they started adapting their ways to a more aspirant lifestyle and liberal school of thought. Dont get me wrong, they are still deeply tied to their roots but since they are not in a web of social policing anymore, the younger generation has a lot more freedom of choice than their bhindi bazaar dwelling counterparts. The idea of freedom is contagious, even the young folks of transit camps like SBUT are getting a taste of it.
The whole bhindi bazaar project was not only an economic decision but a major social one since once you become unhinged from the centre of control, there is no way to keep a check on free thought.

I Rizwan

Unread post by I Rizwan » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:33 am

It does not matter where you live what matters is what you think and why you do. Living in mohalla is good as well and living in colonies as well.

Point is one should be open mind to learn good things from the surrounding and try to practise Islam in every possible way.

Living with different people and different religion makes learn more about your own deen.

I Rizwan

Unread post by I Rizwan » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:36 am

http://www.jantakareporter.com/india/ra ... ng/115347/

Not sure if this is dawoodi bohra matter but police is talking she is is bohra.

ajamali

Unread post by ajamali » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:09 pm

Bohra Physician in Detroit is charged with FGM

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/l ... 100416734/

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:03 pm

ajamali wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:09 pm Bohra Physician in Detroit is charged with FGM

Finally FBI started unraveling. Kudos to Br OZ and Babadeen for bringing justice to the victims. This is just the
tip of Iceberg. FBI has assigned an entire team of special agents for pursue these cases among Bohra community and they are ready
to throw the book on these perpetrators. Many Aaamils may be running out of country and never coming back to stay out of Jail...

dal-chaval-palidu

Unread post by dal-chaval-palidu » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:57 pm

SBM wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:03 pm
ajamali wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:09 pm Bohra Physician in Detroit is charged with FGM

Finally FBI started unraveling. Kudos to Br OZ and Babadeen for bringing justice to the victims. This is just the
tip of Iceberg. FBI has assigned an entire team of special agents for pursue these cases among Bohra community and they are ready
to throw the book on these perpetrators
. Many Aaamils may be running out of country and never coming back to stay out of Jail...
bhai SBM,

the above line in bold: Do you know if this is the case, or, this is just your guess/wish. I am not against it. THE FD stand on this is good; I just want to know if this is your hope/wish, or it is actually the case?

Biradar

Unread post by Biradar » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:00 pm

See:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... n-midwest/

Brietbart is a conservative news outlet, with hundred of millions of readers. This will blow up very quickly now. Already there are thousands of comments on the Breitbart article.

However, I am sure Muffy More-la will be happy and treat her as a martyr. Soon we will have pervert Adam and Saif show to defend this practice. Muffy will scream and yell, and all Muffy followers will shout "More-la, More-la, Muffy More-la!".

I hope this doctor goes to jail for a very long time.

Biradar

Unread post by Biradar » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:08 pm

This is pretty quickly going viral. See major news outlets:

Dailymail:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... girls.html

Foxnews:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/04/13/do ... harge.html

Let's hope this coverage will soon shine a light on the Big Man himself, and bring an end to this practice soon.

Ozdundee

Unread post by Ozdundee » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:39 pm

Thank the hardworking joint task forces and tireless work of police forces in Australia, USA and UK who are protecting our children's human rights . Thank the real reformists who help inquires and information gathering.

These reports are a milestone are results of many many months of work.

If there are people out there wanting to help contact your local authorities

SBM wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:03 pm

to throw the book on these perpetrators. Many Aaamils may be running out of country and never coming back to stay out of Jail...

HMALAK

Unread post by HMALAK » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:29 am

Good News for us...!!!

Bad News for Syedna and Company...!!!

http://www.ndtv.com/indians-abroad/indi ... eststories

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:45 am

Do you know if this is the case, or, this is just your guess/wish. I am not against it. THE FD stand on this is good; I just want to know if this is your hope/wish, or it is actually the case?
It is not wishful thinking but FACT..

Shafakat

Unread post by Shafakat » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:14 am

This is a good time to expose the leader of the community and his rants defying the authorities on FGM. Also expose his love of killing animals with his hunting pictures.

Biradar

Unread post by Biradar » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:01 am

Here is the complete 11 page indictment filed by the FBI against this so-called doctor or Butcher.

https://www.scribd.com/document/3450888 ... -Complaint

It makes for interesting reading. The indictment does not mention Bohras by name, but it is clear "the Community" refers to the bohras. The two girls were taken by their mothers to visit this Butcher and stayed in a hotel. I wonder where the fathers were, or if they even knew what was going on? As usual, men are clueless about FGM and given they have been turned into spineless, groveling idiots, they would not do anything if they knew.

Read para 15 on how these girls were fooled into going to the Butcher. Read para 17 to read the horrific torture the Butcher and the girl's parents put the little child through. "... after the procedure she could barely walk, and that she felt pain all the way down to her ankle". How can any parent put their kids through this? How can any so-called religious leader recommend this totally unnecessary procedure?

In para 21 the FBI claims this Butcher has done the same procedure on many girls in MI, probably elsewhere too.

In para 23 this Butcher lied to the FBI (a very serious offense) and said that "she had no knowledge of FGM being performed by anyone in her community". I mean, come on! The misogynist fool Muffy has been ranting and raving about how "it [FGM] must be done" in front of 10s of thousands of people, and she claims she is not aware!

How is it that this type of misogyny, backwardness and primitive jaahiliaat still exists among the Bohras? How come otherwise educated people fall for such absurd "religious" rituals. Truly, religion taken to an extreme is a sign of insanity.

The FBI should investigate all (every single one) female Bohra doctors in the US and see if they have been performing FGM. I am sure a large fraction of them have been doing this, secretly, for years.

May Allah punish this Butcher and those leaders who encourage and force their followers to mutilate their children in the name of religion.