Dawoodi Bohras in the media 2017-18

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
dal-chaval-palidu
Posts: 471
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:46 am

Re: Dawoodi Bohra in media 2017

#61

Unread post by dal-chaval-palidu » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:20 am

I also want to mention the multiple trauma/tragedy that the 2 small 7 year old girls are going thru.

First, two months back they went thru the physical trauma of FGM.
Second, they go thru the questioning from the authorities and another examination by a medical personal. That has to scary for any 7 year old.
Third, after the trauma, they are now taken away from their parents and may be put up in foster homes. So when they need support the most, they are essentially taken away from their parents. [And I am NOT condoning the parents in any way. They are a large part of the problem and the parents need to be held accountable, Period.] I am just for a moment looking at what the kids may be going thru.
Fourth, the parents might actually get prosecuted; may even get some jail time.

Just for a moment, thinking of what those 2 girls are going thru - it is so sad that totally innocent 7 year old girls are going thru this because of the stupidity of the community leaders, the doctor, and those spineless/brainwashed parents. As in so many other conflicts, children bearing the worst part of this trauma.

[And again, by NO means am I condoning the parents.] Just what those girls must be going thru is hard to imagine. May Allah give them strength to go thru this ordeal.



SBM
Posts: 6151
Joined: Sun May 09, 2004 4:01 am

#62

Unread post by SBM » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:22 am

Br DCP
Yes I agree with you on trauma of those two innocent girls and that is why I asked if people from Fatemi Dawat would stand up and become foster parents to atleast provide that Bohra environment but unfortunately supporters of STF decided otherwise
I wish those children were from where I reside and there are many Muslim Families including mine who would be more then happy to become foster parents for them. Locally our Muslim community has been very active in becoming Foster Parents to children from Afghanistan, Syria,Iraq and Rohningya, unfortunately Bohras are just too busy to make Roti and do Maatam instead of getting in Social Services
Other way of working around those girls if Father decides to separate from Mother and ask for parental custody or if they find some members of extended family who do not FOLLOW FGM practice and they may be able to get those kids in their custody.
Sad that the actions of a few in our community
I would not call action of FEW as a great majority of Amtes do follow this practice.



SBM
Posts: 6151
Joined: Sun May 09, 2004 4:01 am

#63

Unread post by SBM » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:24 am

Are there any US based Family Psychologists or Counselors on this forum who can shed some light on this ( trauma and foster care of children)



dal-chaval-palidu
Posts: 471
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:46 am

#64

Unread post by dal-chaval-palidu » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:51 am

SBM wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:22 am
Br DCP
Yes I agree with you on trauma of those two innocent girls and that is why I asked if people from Fatemi Dawat would stand up and become foster parents to atleast provide that Bohra environment but unfortunately supporters of STF decided otherwise
I wish those children were from where I reside and there are many Muslim Families including mine who would be more then happy to become foster parents for them. Locally our Muslim community has been very active in becoming Foster Parents to children from Afghanistan, Syria,Iraq and Rohningya, unfortunately Bohras are just too busy to make Roti and do Maatam instead of getting in Social Services
Other way of working around those girls if Father decides to separate from Mother and ask for parental custody or if they find some members of extended family who do not FOLLOW FGM practice and they may be able to get those kids in their custody.
Sad that the actions of a few in our community
I would not call action of FEW as a great majority of Amtes do follow this practice.
You don't need FD people to act as foster families. I agree with Crater Lake and others that FD folks approaching for foster parenting could/would be mis-understood by the community. In fact, some other SMS Bohra family can act as a temporary foster family locally.

Also, parents separating may be too much. I am hoping that the law enforcement folks in US will follow the lead of the Australian court which mentioned that separating the child from the parent would further hurt and already traumatized child, and instead propose some home detention or such a punishment for the parent - keeping the best interest of the child in mind.



Biradar
Posts: 819
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:13 pm

#65

Unread post by Biradar » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:50 am

dal-chaval-palidu wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:56 am
As I read many of the articles, and especially the comments sections, I just want to make the following observation. Dawoodi Bohras rightly blame the extremist Muslim groups (wahabis, Taliban, ISIS, etc.) for doing bad acts and bringing a bad name to the religion of Islam. Now, very sadly, the actions of a few in our community are giving a bad name to Islam.
May I ask you what statistics you are using to claim that the actions of a few in our community are giving a bad name to Islam"? What fraction of women has undergone FGM in the Bohras? How do you know it is not vast majority? These days, with easy availability to medical professionals who will do anything to "serve" their community, an increasing fanaticism, one should not so easily make the claim this is "actions of a few". From table (thaal) talk it is clear there are many people and locations where, even in the US, parents can take their children to have FGM performed.

Also, why this obsession of "bad name to Islam"? Islam is a mixed bag, as are all religions. Literal interpretations of the Qur'an and taking hadiths out of context can lead to major problems. It is likely vast majority of Muslims are "fanatics" based on their beliefs. Thankfully, yet, vast majority don't act out their ideology. Islam has major problems, and a significant reformation is needed. The vast spread of Wahabbi/Salafi/Takfiri ideology, funded by Saudis has cause great harm, and mainstreaming of extremist ideas. Recognizing that there is a problem is the first step to recovery.



ajamali
Posts: 261
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:51 am

#66

Unread post by ajamali » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:46 pm

dal-chaval-palidu wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:20 am
I also want to mention the multiple trauma/tragedy that the 2 small 7 year old girls are going thru.

First, two months back they went thru the physical trauma of FGM.
Second, they go thru the questioning from the authorities and another examination by a medical personal. That has to scary for any 7 year old.
Third, after the trauma, they are now taken away from their parents and may be put up in foster homes. So when they need support the most, they are essentially taken away from their parents. [And I am NOT condoning the parents in any way. They are a large part of the problem and the parents need to be held accountable, Period.] I am just for a moment looking at what the kids may be going thru.
Fourth, the parents might actually get prosecuted; may even get some jail time.

Just for a moment, thinking of what those 2 girls are going thru - it is so sad that totally innocent 7 year old girls are going thru this because of the stupidity of the community leaders, the doctor, and those spineless/brainwashed parents. As in so many other conflicts, children bearing the worst part of this trauma.

[And again, by NO means am I condoning the parents.] Just what those girls must be going thru is hard to imagine. May Allah give them strength to go thru this ordeal.
DCP you are a sensible voice on this topic. I agree with you. The FBI should punish MS and his cohort. But perhaps even the US Government is not strong enough to stop this slimy bunch!



clippedwings
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:33 am

#67

Unread post by clippedwings » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:58 pm

Biradar wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:50 am
dal-chaval-palidu wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:56 am


As I read many of the articles, and especially the comments sections, I just want to make the following observation. Dawoodi Bohras rightly blame the extremist Muslim groups (wahabis, Taliban, ISIS, etc.) for doing bad acts and bringing a bad name to the religion of Islam. Now, very sadly, the actions of a few in our community are giving a bad name to Islam.
May I ask you what statistics you are using to claim that the actions of a few in our community are giving a bad name to Islam"? What fraction of women has undergone FGM in the Bohras? How do you know it is not vast majority? These days, with easy availability to medical professionals who will do anything to "serve" their community, an increasing fanaticism, one should not so easily make the claim this is "actions of a few". From table (thaal) talk it is clear there are many people and locations where, even in the US, parents can take their children to have FGM performed.

Also, why this obsession of "bad name to Islam"? Islam is a mixed bag, as are all religions. Literal interpretations of the Qur'an and taking hadiths out of context can lead to major problems. It is likely vast majority of Muslims are "fanatics" based on their beliefs. Thankfully, yet, vast majority don't act out their ideology. Islam has major problems, and a significant reformation is needed. The vast spread of Wahabbi/Salafi/Takfiri ideology, funded by Saudis has cause great harm, and mainstreaming of extremist ideas. Recognizing that there is a problem is the first step to recovery.
Biradar, in a study conducted by sahiyo, 80% had undergone Khatna (over 1000 people participated). It is a widely spread practice.

I think the point that was being made was that this arrest has given Islam a bad name - if you read the comments on the articles published online this story has been used to attack Islam, not Dawoodi Bohras.



SBM
Posts: 6151
Joined: Sun May 09, 2004 4:01 am

#68

Unread post by SBM » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:25 pm

But perhaps even the US Government is not strong enough to stop this slimy bunch!
Really-- They just arrested a doctor for performing FGM and going full force to punish all who are associated with it (it takes time)
US has denied religious visa to many from Kothar. Why all of sudden we donot see the hordes of Kothari Mafia visiting USA
Unlike Modi Govt, USA Govt does have spine to take them to big house.
This is just the tip of the iceberg..



dal-chaval-palidu
Posts: 471
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:46 am

#69

Unread post by dal-chaval-palidu » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:00 am

Biradar wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:50 am
dal-chaval-palidu wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:56 am


As I read many of the articles, and especially the comments sections, I just want to make the following observation. Dawoodi Bohras rightly blame the extremist Muslim groups (wahabis, Taliban, ISIS, etc.) for doing bad acts and bringing a bad name to the religion of Islam. Now, very sadly, the actions of a few in our community are giving a bad name to Islam.
May I ask you what statistics you are using to claim that the actions of a few in our community are giving a bad name to Islam"? What fraction of women has undergone FGM in the Bohras? How do you know it is not vast majority? These days, with easy availability to medical professionals who will do anything to "serve" their community, an increasing fanaticism, one should not so easily make the claim this is "actions of a few". From table (thaal) talk it is clear there are many people and locations where, even in the US, parents can take their children to have FGM performed.

DCP >>> I have no idea what fraction of people are forcing their daughters to undergo FMG. May be it is large. If you know specifics about it, based on thaal talk, as you suggest, please inform the FBI on their contact info and help stop this practice.

Also, why this obsession of "bad name to Islam"? Islam is a mixed bag, as are all religions. Literal interpretations of the Qur'an and taking hadiths out of context can lead to major problems. It is likely vast majority of Muslims are "fanatics" based on their beliefs. Thankfully, yet, vast majority don't act out their ideology. Islam has major problems, and a significant reformation is needed. The vast spread of Wahabbi/Salafi/Takfiri ideology, funded by Saudis has cause great harm, and mainstreaming of extremist ideas. Recognizing that there is a problem is the first step to recovery.

DCP >>> I think clippedwings captured my thoughts better than me. Dawoodi bohras are less than 0.1% of people following Islam [a million from more than 1.5 billion muslims], and the comments to the articles on FMG use this event to portray all of Islam as the problem. That is all I was pointing out.

As for Islam having major problems, agreed. As to the obsession with the "bad name for Islam"; I care and love my religion, and hence the distress when it gets a bad rap. I want the major problems to be resolved, and I would like a progressive face of the religion; and FMG does the opposite.
Finally, I read somewhere that Jumanaben has 4 children. While Dr. Jumana ben appears to be totally brainwashed, we should still feel for her children - they must be suffering too.



SBM
Posts: 6151
Joined: Sun May 09, 2004 4:01 am

#70

Unread post by SBM » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:15 pm




Biradar
Posts: 819
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:13 pm

#71

Unread post by Biradar » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:21 pm

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... tion-ring/

They mention Bohras by name, as well as More-la Muffy. I think flights to India will be selling out soon.



Ozdundee
Posts: 806
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 6:57 am

#72

Unread post by Ozdundee » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:20 pm

Jumana is not a ben. It is insulting to call her with any honor. She is a alleged criminal.

For some it may be good gossip or whatsapp discussion. But this is very serious matter requiring serious conversation to stop this communities brand dragged around by actions of orthodox brainwashed SMS worshippers.



clippedwings
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:33 am

#73

Unread post by clippedwings » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:31 pm

Ozdundee wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:20 pm
Jumana is not a ben. It is insulting to call her with any honor. She is a alleged criminal.

For some it may be good gossip or whatsapp discussion. But this is very serious matter requiring serious conversation to stop this communities brand dragged around by actions of orthodox brainwashed SMS worshippers.
You are far more optimistic than I am. I no longer see light at the end of the tunnel. There has not been any word from MS about this and it has been a week since the first arrest. What a poor leader. This has made international news and someone may be jailed for life for following what he has preached and he is too busy giving roti making lessons to care.

I'm not a blind believer of SMB and saw how he was complicit to the corruption and coercion, but he was head and shoulders about MS. I guess when Trump came along people realised how good Obama was.



clippedwings
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:33 am

#74

Unread post by clippedwings » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:32 pm

Detroit jamaat has broken its silence:

Update: Anjuman-e-Namji Detroit, the mosque attended by the accused, released a statement Friday night.

“The Dawoodi Bohras do not support the violation of any U.S. law, local, state or federal. We offer our assistance to the investigating authorities,” the statement reads, noting that 12,000 Dawoodi Bohras live in the U.S.

“Any violation of U.S. law is counter to instructions to our community members. It does not reflect the everyday lives of the Dawoodi Bohras in America.”

“It is an important rule of the Dawoodi Bohras that we respect the laws of the land, wherever we live. This is precisely what we have done for several generations in America.”

The group says it regularly reminds its members to adhere to local laws. The Detroit congregation was provided a reminder about laws regarding female genital mutilation in May 2016. The Minneapolis congregation was given a similar reminder in March 2016.

“It is unfortunate if anyone has not abided by the laws of the country,” the statement concludes.


Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2017/04/21/husba ... z4ew0nIRz3



SBM
Posts: 6151
Joined: Sun May 09, 2004 4:01 am

#75

Unread post by SBM » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:56 pm

^^^^
The above press release is clearly to cover up their arce.....They are going to put all those doctors and mothers who listened to Bensahebas and Aaamils under the BUS and they will live happily thereafter.
It is time that those arrested and those parents who agreed to these barbaric practice start talking. Next the parents of the victims will be loosing parental rights and will be the guest of US Govt for a long period of time.



SBM
Posts: 6151
Joined: Sun May 09, 2004 4:01 am

#76

Unread post by SBM » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:00 pm

Biradar wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:21 pm
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... tion-ring/

They mention Bohras by name, as well as More-la Muffy. I think flights to India will be selling out soon.
Biradar
Why would you be reading Breitbart so regularly :P :P



Crater Lake
Posts: 292
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:46 pm

#77

Unread post by Crater Lake » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:19 pm

SBM wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:00 pm
Biradar wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:21 pm
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... tion-ring/

They mention Bohras by name, as well as More-la Muffy. I think flights to India will be selling out soon.
Biradar
Why would you be reading Breitbart so regularly :P :P
Know Thy Enemy??



dal-chaval-palidu
Posts: 471
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:46 am

#78

Unread post by dal-chaval-palidu » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:38 pm

Biradar wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:21 pm
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... tion-ring/

They mention Bohras by name, as well as More-la Muffy. I think flights to India will be selling out soon.
4872 comments at the time of this posting. Sadly, just read a few and see how hateful they are of Islam. I am copying a few below. So this is what the actions of specific folks in our community did for our deen - Thank You Kothar, for your words and brainwashing people., and this is your contribution to Islam.

-------------

big b > Leviticus Falwell ✓ᶜᵒᵐʳᵃᵈᵉ • 6 hours ago

This is not surprising...all of that area in Michigan is now under Sharia Law....We need to take our Country back...that's why Michigan went for Trump...they are sick and tired of living under the totalitarian rule of the Caliphate...Something that was openly promoted by Obummer.

211 △ ▽

Reply

Share ›

Bubba03 > big b • 5 hours ago


Hamtarack, Dearborn, Livonia. They infiltrate and then get elected to local office and perform sharia law under the cloak of darkness

133 △ ▽

Reply

Share ›
Number 6 > Bubba03 • 5 hours ago


Islam is a death cult that worships Moloch, and practices child sacrifice. These dung beetles are beyond Redemption. Churchill said it best:

"How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries! Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy. The effects are apparent in many countries, improvident habits, slovenly systems of agriculture, sluggish methods of commerce, and insecurity of property exist wherever the followers of the Prophet rule or live.

A degraded sensualism deprives this life of its grace and refinement, the next of its dignity and sanctity. The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his absolute property, either as a child, a wife, or a concubine, must delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to be a great power among men."

117 △ ▽

Reply

Share ›



dal-chaval-palidu
Posts: 471
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:46 am

#79

Unread post by dal-chaval-palidu » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:41 pm

clippedwings wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:32 pm
Detroit jamaat has broken its silence:

Update: Anjuman-e-Namji Detroit, the mosque attended by the accused, released a statement Friday night.

“The Dawoodi Bohras do not support the violation of any U.S. law, local, state or federal. We offer our assistance to the investigating authorities,” the statement reads, noting that 12,000 Dawoodi Bohras live in the U.S.

“Any violation of U.S. law is counter to instructions to our community members. It does not reflect the everyday lives of the Dawoodi Bohras in America.”

“It is an important rule of the Dawoodi Bohras that we respect the laws of the land, wherever we live. This is precisely what we have done for several generations in America.”

The group says it regularly reminds its members to adhere to local laws. The Detroit congregation was provided a reminder about laws regarding female genital mutilation in May 2016. The Minneapolis congregation was given a similar reminder in March 2016.

“It is unfortunate if anyone has not abided by the laws of the country,” the statement concludes.


Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2017/04/21/husba ... z4ew0nIRz3
Boilerplate material. What else can they say? Judge them by their actions, not words.



SBM
Posts: 6151
Joined: Sun May 09, 2004 4:01 am

#80

Unread post by SBM » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:12 pm

Received via WHatsup
FGM.jpg
Attachments
FGM.jpg
FGM.jpg



think
Posts: 1766
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:15 am

#81

Unread post by think » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:42 pm

f.g.m. cannot be a part of Islamic customs. If it was, then all Saudi women would be doing it since that is the birth place of islam. This clipping was practiced in Africa Africa and some how infiltrated as an Islamic practice. Islam is almost 1400 year old religion and only Allah knows how many more such practices and rules have been indoctrinated in this religion. I may point out, although out of context; the big money collections, as hoob and ziafats , khums which was only collected when islam was at war but is still collected by Mr. Mufaddal the leader of the bohra following and last but not lest the harassment of the ordinary mumineens to give up most of their money or face bycot. And are the bohris not aware that in every majlis they are asked to give, give and give in karze hassana scheme, but has one ever wondered where the money is going?



Moiz_Dhaanu
Posts: 255
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:57 pm

#82

Unread post by Moiz_Dhaanu » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:53 pm

DMBS has finally succeeded in making the life of all Burhanuddin mola's followers in USA extremely shamefull and difficult.
it makes me remember the poem which has been written for this "Sardar of all ehmak"
"Kahan se kahan humko pahuchaa diya " :twisted:

now its on the front page of CNN.com
Attachments
cnncom4_22_2017.jpg



SBM
Posts: 6151
Joined: Sun May 09, 2004 4:01 am

#83

Unread post by SBM » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:01 am

Now, very sadly, the actions of a few in our community are giving a bad name to Islam.
Remember Bohras NEVER said they are MUSLIMS but they are MUMINS..
Another thing, Law enforcement has unlocked ITS and they have names of the doctors specially when Kothrari Mafia created a directory of US based doctors for Khidmat during Don's visit to Houston.
Because of the ITS data collection, law enforcement's job is made very easy to get all data in one place by profession, gender, age and location.



AgnosticIndian
Posts: 446
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:10 am

#84

Unread post by AgnosticIndian » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:48 am

ROTFLMAO seeing people absolve MB while blaming MS as if FGM & other ills didn't exist during the time of MB & this is something new.



UnhappyBohra
Posts: 508
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:23 pm

#85

Unread post by UnhappyBohra » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:21 pm

AgnosticIndian wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:48 am
ROTFLMAO seeing people absolve MB while blaming MS as if FGM & other ills didn't exist during the time of MB & this is something new.
The difference is that that this was brought to MS' attention multiple times by the female activists of his following and he just ignored them and worse still, insisted that it continue!! Knowing SMB, he would have handled it very differently.



AgnosticIndian
Posts: 446
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:10 am

#86

Unread post by AgnosticIndian » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:10 pm

UnhappyBohra wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:21 pm
AgnosticIndian wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:48 am
ROTFLMAO seeing people absolve MB while blaming MS as if FGM & other ills didn't exist during the time of MB & this is something new.
The difference is that that this was brought to MS' attention multiple times by the female activists of his following and he just ignored them and worse still, insisted that it continue!! Knowing SMB, he would have handled it very differently.
MB would have not stopped the practice for sure. He would have sent a cryptic message out as well. It's form may have been different not necessarily in a sermon. But he wouldn't have abolished the practice



kimanumanu
Posts: 607
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:16 pm

#87

Unread post by kimanumanu » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:54 pm

And this is the crux really that it is not something that even needs to be abolished. It never was the same as what the FGM movement is all about. All it needed was to explain what the procedure is and remove the secrecy shroud over it. How is it different from what happens to boys? It is even less brutal than the boys' version. And yet the boy's version is allowed openly because there is no secrecy around it. If the same was done for the girls' version none of this would have happened. And this is exactly what STF has done within FD. He removed the secrecy around it and gave women choice to do it in adulthood. Matter closed.



Moiz_Dhaanu
Posts: 255
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:57 pm

#88

Unread post by Moiz_Dhaanu » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:13 pm

^^^
@kimanumanu
Well said...People are very much unaware of what our awliya-ullah have said and what the Media/Outside-world claim it as FGM, they both are different and it has to be made clear amongst the masses.
STF said it as CHR(clitoral hood reduction), and it is totally different from FGM.
FGM is a definitely a "NO-NO" ...it should be stopped

the current mayhem is what happens when you have an impostor(DMBS) having the reigns of the Dai's office and who has no clue what he is speaking.

DMBS = Dawedaar Mufaddal Bhai saheb



kimanumanu
Posts: 607
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:16 pm

#89

Unread post by kimanumanu » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:44 am

I specifically agree with you on this point. That rant he made in the Zikra waaz is a very clear sign of his lack of Dai qualities. The way he was ranting and making petty arguments suited a common lay person rather than a Dai getting inspiration from a hidden Imam. There did not look that there was any inspiration from a higher spiritual being. All you hear is an angry person losing his cool and saying things they would come to regret later.



clippedwings
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:33 am

#90

Unread post by clippedwings » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:32 am

kimanumanu wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:54 pm
And this is the crux really that it is not something that even needs to be abolished. It never was the same as what the FGM movement is all about. All it needed was to explain what the procedure is and remove the secrecy shroud over it. How is it different from what happens to boys? It is even less brutal than the boys' version. And yet the boy's version is allowed openly because there is no secrecy around it. If the same was done for the girls' version none of this would have happened. And this is exactly what STF has done within FD. He removed the secrecy around it and gave women choice to do it in adulthood. Matter closed.
Khatna fits within the specification of FGM. Those saying that it is not FGM are ignorant of the definition of it. Even a cut to the genitalia, as some people claim khatna is (it isn't that, it is much more severe) is a form of FGM. This is why nagarwala said that she was scraping a mucous membrane, as anything else would constitute FGM.

CHR is completely different from FGM. It is a medical procedure performed by a doctor when the size of genitalia is too large or if there is some other medical requirement for it.

I would be interested in hearing the actual reason that it is done (I have asked fatemi dawat to provide this for me numerous times, and forget asking muffadalis). I have heard conflicting reasons.

Circumcision is done openly for boys because it is LEGAL and not a form of mutilation in any country. It is widely practiced and also a requirement for Jews and for most religions in Arab countries. It has health benefits to it, as it is hygienic and lowers the possibility of catching STDs. This is why it is openly discussed.