Ghadeer a khum

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
think
Posts: 1764
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:15 am

Ghadeer a khum

#1

Unread post by think » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:49 pm

Is ghadeer a khum a happy day or sad day for bohri's. The question arises because the bohri's treat this day as Eid and if so then why the fasting for bohr's ? Is there any reasoning behind fasting on this day when The rasool himself appointed Moula Ali as the flag bearer of islam. This in my humble opinion is an occasion to be happy.. Any reasoning from our Imams or duats in this matter as to why bohri's fast would be much appreciated.



zinger
Posts: 1864
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:40 am

Re: Ghadeer a khum

#2

Unread post by zinger » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:40 am

think wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:49 pm
Is ghadeer a khum a happy day or sad day for bohri's. The question arises because the bohri's treat this day as Eid and if so then why the fasting for bohr's ? Is there any reasoning behind fasting on this day when The rasool himself appointed Moula Ali as the flag bearer of islam. This in my humble opinion is an occasion to be happy.. Any reasoning from our Imams or duats in this matter as to why bohri's fast would be much appreciated.
Excellent question. i was wondering the same thing myself a couple of years ago.

Here's hoping we get some intelligent responses and not the usual Bohra-bashing rhetoric



kimanumanu
Posts: 607
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:16 pm

Re: Ghadeer a khum

#3

Unread post by kimanumanu » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:58 am

There is a quote attributed to Imam Jafar Sadiq AS:

"Fasting on the day of Ghadeer is equivalent to fasting throughout the entire age of the world… It is the greatest festival of Allah. Allah has not sent any prophet but that he celebrated this day as Eid and was aware of its sanctity. It is known in the heavens as ‘The Day of the Famous Covenant’… You might think that Allah, the mighty and the majestic, has created a day more sacred than that. No, by Allah! No, by Allah! No, by Allah!"

Perhaps that may be why we fast?



zinger
Posts: 1864
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:40 am

Re: Ghadeer a khum

#4

Unread post by zinger » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:58 am

well, i guess this is pretty good an answer. next question was if anyone has the dua and the namaz break-up, but some kind soul already sent it on whatsapp :->



kseeker
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:01 am

Re: Ghadeer a khum

#5

Unread post by kseeker » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:57 am

Fasting is a form of ibaadat.... fasting on a day of importance is a 'better' form of ibaadat...thus people fast on the day of Hajj, 2nd day of Muharram, 27th Rajjab etc....it is not fardh (obligatory) to fast on these days as it is not a commandment of Allah. However, one does it towards devotion to him for the blessing he gave on that day....



think
Posts: 1764
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:15 am

Re: Ghadeer a khum

#6

Unread post by think » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:39 am

Then do you mean there is no ibaadat on ramazan eid and moharram eid since there is no fasting



anajmi
Posts: 13399
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2001 5:01 am

Re: Ghadeer a khum

#7

Unread post by anajmi » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:33 am

.Allah has not sent any prophet but that he celebrated this day as Eid and was aware of its sanctity.
There is no evidence of the prophet (saw) having celebrated this day as eid. There are only two Eids and one is not allowed to fast on those days.



SincereOfHeart
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:30 am

Re: Ghadeer a khum

#8

Unread post by SincereOfHeart » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:56 pm

The day of Gadeer -e- khum is a day of great significance. Coming from a Bohra perspective (which is not a bunch of rubbish), the reasons as to why we fast on this Eid and why not on the other two Eid's is expounded in books of taweel.

If (and this is likely) you reply saying that's just a load of crap, I'd like to ask you this question. Why do you do any action/ritual commanded by Allah? Why do you fast from sunrise to sunset? Why not from dawn to midday? Why do you pray Surah Hamd before another surah in the first two rakats of each compulsory prayer? They are all actions, which hold proof of, and allude towards a higher and deeper meaning. The rules and rituals shown by Allah SWT cannot be meaningless, this is against intellect.

I know that many of the orthodox Bohra believers on this forum are total nutcases, who reduce our faith to a long beard and chants of Dai's name, I ask you to excuse those people, and reform your view of Orthodox Bohra as one of intelligence and logical rational proof.



SincereOfHeart
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:30 am

Re: Ghadeer a khum

#9

Unread post by SincereOfHeart » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:05 pm

anajmi wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:33 am
.Allah has not sent any prophet but that he celebrated this day as Eid and was aware of its sanctity.
There is no evidence of the prophet (saw) having celebrated this day as eid. There are only two Eids and one is not allowed to fast on those days.
Qur'an: اليوم اكملت لكم دينكم واتممت عليكم نعمتي ورضيت لكم الاسلام دينا translates to: This is the day I have completed for you your religion, and completed my gifts/blessings upon you, and chosen the religion of islaam for you.
This ayah was revealed to the prophet after Gadeer-e-khum.

Qur'an: (5:67) يا ايها الرسول بلغ نا انزل اليك من ربك، فان لم تفعل فما بلغت رسالته translates to: Oh messenger, put forth/show what has been sent down upon you, for if you do not, then you have not shown Allah's message.
This ayah was revealed to the prophet before Gadeer-e-khum.

I think it enough shows that this day is to be regarded, by those who follow the Prophet correctly as a day of Eid.



anajmi
Posts: 13399
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2001 5:01 am

Re: Ghadeer a khum

#10

Unread post by anajmi » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:20 pm

There is no evidence of the prophet having celebrated this day as Eid. This day was celebrated as Eid long after the death of the prophet (saw). Not even Ali or his sons celebrated this day as Eid. If they did, provide your evidence.

Second, 5:3 - this verse was revealed on the day of Arafah of the last Hajj of the Prophet (saw), not on the day of Ghadeer. The prophet (saw) performed only one Hajj after the dawn of Islam.

Third 5:67 - This applies to every single ayah of the Quran. Even if the prophet (saw) had not told us about the Alif in Alif Laam Meem of Surah Baqara it would've been as if he had not shown Allah's message. This has nothing to do with Ghadeer.



momeenbhai
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:31 am

Re: Ghadeer a khum

#11

Unread post by momeenbhai » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:49 am

anajmi wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:20 pm
There is no evidence of the prophet having celebrated this day as Eid. This day was celebrated as Eid long after the death of the prophet (saw). Not even Ali or his sons celebrated this day as Eid. If they did, provide your evidence.

Second, 5:3 - this verse was revealed on the day of Arafah of the last Hajj of the Prophet (saw), not on the day of Ghadeer. The prophet (saw) performed only one Hajj after the dawn of Islam.

Third 5:67 - This applies to every single ayah of the Quran. Even if the prophet (saw) had not told us about the Alif in Alif Laam Meem of Surah Baqara it would've been as if he had not shown Allah's message. This has nothing to do with Ghadeer.
true, probably not Rasullullah (S) or Ali(A) celebrated this EID because they dont need to.

this is EID for their followers who got wilayate Ali and by wilayate Ali our akhirah is a success.

just like how Rasulullah (S) never celebrated Eid e Milad, but today billions of Muslims are celebrating day of Milad when Prophet (S) was born.



anajmi
Posts: 13399
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2001 5:01 am

Re: Ghadeer a khum

#12

Unread post by anajmi » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:11 pm

So what you are saying is that the quote attributed to Imam Jafar As Sadiq that
Allah has not sent any prophet but that he celebrated this day as Eid and was aware of its sanctity.
is a fabrication correct?



seeker110
Posts: 1715
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:01 am

Re: Ghadeer a khum

#13

Unread post by seeker110 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:01 pm

Kimanumanu wrote,
"Fasting on the day of Ghadeer is equivalent to fasting throughout the entire age of the world… It is the greatest festival of Allah. Allah has not sent any prophet but that he celebrated this day as Eid and was aware of its sanctity.

Looks like over compensation to me.

I cant complain I am already a winner. Just like the envelope said.



momeenbhai
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:31 am

Re: Ghadeer a khum

#14

Unread post by momeenbhai » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:23 am

anajmi wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:11 pm
So what you are saying is that the quote attributed to Imam Jafar As Sadiq that
Allah has not sent any prophet but that he celebrated this day as Eid and was aware of its sanctity.
is a fabrication correct?
being aware of Eid is different thing, Rasulullah(S) was aware of many other things few he declared few he didnt.



anajmi
Posts: 13399
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2001 5:01 am

Re: Ghadeer a khum

#15

Unread post by anajmi » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:29 am

So people are aware of things he did not declare? First If he didn't declare it, how do you know about it? Second, if he didn't declare it, there was a reason behind it. Maybe he didn't want people to celebrate it. And yet, bohras have gone against the will of the prophet (saw)!!! and Third, the quote from Imam Jafar As Sadiq claims that he celebrated it. This is what happens when you lie. To cover one you have to say more lies. The truth shall set you free.



momeenbhai
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:31 am

Re: Ghadeer a khum

#16

Unread post by momeenbhai » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:53 am

anajmi wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:29 am
The truth shall set you free.

worry about your own self, shia of Ali dont need to fear.

you are just twisting each post to suit your agenda. read again and again you may find truth.



Ozdundee
Posts: 790
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 6:57 am

Re: Ghadeer a khum

#17

Unread post by Ozdundee » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:11 pm

anajmi wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:29 am
So people are aware of things he did not declare? First If he didn't declare it, how do you know about it? Second, if he didn't declare it, there was a reason behind it. Maybe he didn't want people to celebrate it. And yet, bohras have gone against the will of the prophet (saw)!!! and Third, the quote from Imam Jafar As Sadiq claims that he celebrated it. This is what happens when you lie. To cover one you have to say more lies. The truth shall set you free.
Anajmi bhai...You forget Bohra can look at times before Adam AS and claim what occurred why occurred the site conversations , they know second by second what will happen on Kayamah, and then what will happen after judgement day which plot will be theirs . So asking if they know what a Prophet thinks thoughts their dreams is not a big challenge.

Truth what truth their lies and fairy tales is the second life or reality



anajmi
Posts: 13399
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2001 5:01 am

Re: Ghadeer a khum

#18

Unread post by anajmi » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:23 pm

It is amazing how the Shia of Ali consists only of the ignorant and the blind!!