SMS VISIT - UGANDA

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
Taqdeer

SMS VISIT - UGANDA

Unread post by Taqdeer » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:18 am

Received on WhatsApp;

His Holiness Dr Syedna Mufaddal Saifuddin, leader of Dawoodi Bohra Community, called on me today at State House Entebbe. I thank him for visiting our country.
I also thank the Bohra community for offering to refurbish Gombe Hospital. I am impressed by the fact that the Bohra faith emphasizes wealth creation through trade.
The Bible says we shall know them by their fruits. This means a holy person is known not just by words but deeds. By fulfilling their faith through trade and wealth creation, one could actually say the Bohra are practicing Christianity.
Uganda is also a great tourism destination. We have fantastic weather, considering that we are right on the Equator but with a high altitude. This is unique. The only other places gifted this way are Ecuador and Nanyuki in Kenya.
So, as I welcome his Holiness, I urge more members of the Bohra spiritual community worldwide to visit Uganda.

Yoweri K Museveni

President of the Republic of Uganda

think

Re: SMS VISIT - UGANDA

Unread post by think » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:06 pm

Well. Mr. K. Museveni, as a religious leaderof the bohra community and all this cash flowing. and all this pomp and artificial glorification, you can know better there is corruption and a massive leak in the system. When did Jesus bathe in all this luxury , killing animals and wining and dining on public funds that are meant for the poor and needy.

Mkenya

Unread post by Mkenya » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:59 am

What you need to know about President Museveni and Uganda under Museveni's rule

1. Crimes Against Humanity I

The Ugandan government failed to protect northern Ugandans when they needed it most. President Yoweri Kaguta Museveni is responsible for orchestrating genocide in Northern Uganda, where he has incarcerated nearly two million people in concentration camps, euphemistically known as “protected villages.” Read a report by the Govt. of Uganda, WHO, UNICEF and others (pdf version).

At the height of the crisis, (circa 2005), more than 1,000 people per week were dying from preventable diseases in these modern day concentration camps. More people have died from conditions in the camps themselves than at the hands of the LRA (Lord's Resistance Army) or government forces, and over 20,000 children have been abducted.

2. Crimes Against Humanity II

In 2005, Museveni’s government was found guilty by the International Court of Justice for committing grave war crimes in the DRC, including: the invasion and plundering of the natural resources of the Democratic Republic of the Congo and of fomenting ethnic cleansing. Uganda was ordered to pay the DRC $6-$10 billion.

3. Rampant Corruption

Under Museveni, Uganda is one of the most corrupt countries in the world. Yet, donor countries including the US, keep donating money to the regime without holding Museveni accountable for corruption.

4. Lawlessness I

President Museveni has no respect for international laws. He came to power using child soldiers and continues to coerce children into joining his armed forces to sustain his regime.

5. Lawlessness II: Locally, President Museveni does not respect the rule of law: he used soldiers to invade the nation’s High Court twice to intimidate judges, has exhibited complete disrespect for human rights, and bribed Ugandan Parliamentarians to amend the constitution to remove presidential term limits. The removal of term limits places Museveni as a de facto life president. Museveni has also been involved in land grabbing without the consent of the owners.

6. Militarism

President Museveni is a militarist who has no interest in dialogue to solve political problems. In 1985 he scuttled the Nairobi Peace Agreement mediated by President Moi of Kenya. Numerous attempts at peaceful negotiation between the LRA and the Government of Uganda were disrupted by Museveni’s actions, namely: 1994 and 2004 peace negotiation mediated by Betty Bigombe, the 1988 negotiation mediated by Acholi elders, and a 2003 initiative mediated by the Acholi Religious Leaders Peace Initiative. To date, Museveni has not shown much commitment to the current Juba Peace talks mediated by South Sudan--recently spearheading the creation of the Arusha agreement with the DRC, which stipulates the removal of the LRA from the DRC within 90 days.

7. Rampant Human Rights Violations

Recently, Uganda's ambassador to the UN blocked a report by the UN High Commissioner of Human Rights Louise Arbour, from being tabled in the UN's General Assembly. Arbour has been vocal about human rights violations by the UPDF in the past. The report detailed extensive human rights violations by the Ugandan national army in the Karamoja region of northeastern Uganda.

In March, demonstrators protesting the sale of a portion of the Mabira rainforest, one of Uganda's largest forests, were fired upon. Three people were killed in what began as a peaceful demonstration.

level_headed

Unread post by level_headed » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:33 pm

Attachments
Snip20180707_37.png