Saifuddin Insaf: A tribute to the unsung hero of reform momvement

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
Admin

Saifuddin Insaf: A tribute to the unsung hero of reform momvement

Unread post by Admin » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:06 am

Saifuddin Insaf, the fearless and brave soldier of Bohra Reform Movement passed away on October 5, 2018. He had spent his entire life fighting against the tyranny of the kothar... and times almost single-handedly. His contribution to the movement have been enormous and his commitment to the justice for Bohras remains unsurpassed. May his soul rest in peace.

A tribute:
The unsung hero of reform movement

Humsafar

Re: Saifuddin Insaf: A tribute to the unsung hero of reform momvement

Unread post by Humsafar » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:10 pm

With the passing of Saifuddin Insaf saheb another reformist stalwart is gone. I have not met anyone who was so passionate about the cause of reform. He had connections inside Kothar and had watched the "royal family" up close from an young age. He knew their secrets and their private rivalries. On the many occasions that I met him he used to regale me with all the juicy shenanigans that went on inside Saifee Mahal. His humour and style of delivery in chaste Urdu kept you hooked and you wished he would go on. All the religious pretensions of the Kothar did not fool him, and he had the gift to skewer the mullahs with his poetry and his humour. Extremely irreverent and fearless he wrote about the Kothar boldly, and almost single-handedly brought out the Bohra Chronicle for more than two decades. He also drew cartoons a la RK Laxman on the Chronicle's front page.

Insaf saheb knew the pulse of common Bohras, and often despaired of their fears and timidity, still he never lost hope. It is this hope that sustained his struggle and at times it seemed he was fighting alone with little support or encouragement. We in Udaipur had a big mass with us but in Bombay he was on his own, living in the lion's den so to speak. The leaders of yesteryear have become old or have died and with them the movement is dying too, there is no one of their stature or calibre to take on the baton and continue the struggle.

Insaf saheb was very active on this Forum - and joined many a debate when this board was alive with discussions. He will be greatly missed. He was a fine human being and a dedicated activist. The world and the movement are much the poorer without him.

Biradar

Unread post by Biradar » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:38 pm

I never met S. Insaf in person, but I debated with him here often. I think he was a deeply passionate and committed man, the likes of who are few and far between. His commitment to the cause of reform and progress was complete and total. His courage was unmatched. He spoke and wrote from his heart, and his words will live with us for a long time. May his soul rest in peace and find the eternal bliss which was denied him in this world.

It is only fitting that one remembers at this time Mirza Ghalib's couplet in which he laments the hardships in this world:

Kaid-e-hayaat aur banda-e-gham, asal me dono ake hae,
Moat se pehle aadmi gham se najaat paye kyon?

I hope that he finds najaat in the presence of the Prophet and lives eternally in his shade.

Humsafar

Unread post by Humsafar » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:46 am

Biradar wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:38 pm
It is only fitting that one remembers at this time Mirza Ghalib's couplet in which he laments the hardships in this world:

Kaid-e-hayaat aur banda-e-gham, asal me dono ake hae,
Moat se pehle aadmi gham se najaat paye kyon?

I hope that he finds najaat in the presence of the Prophet and lives eternally in his shade.
A very apt shair, Biradar.

aliabbaskhw

Unread post by aliabbaskhw » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:35 pm

MashALLAH his date of death is October 5 , and 5 , 12 , 14 , 72 , 110 are the numbers which i myself and millions of Shia Momineen, followers of 12 Imam A.S. believe pious and lucky numbers , May ALLAH with Wasila of Panjatan Pak A.S. blessed this Momin Bhai Saifuddin Insaf sb in eternal paradise, Ameen.

kseeker

Unread post by kseeker » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:40 am

Inna Lilahe wa Inna Ilayhe Rajeoun..

Babu Shia

Unread post by Babu Shia » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:48 am

Although Saifuddin Insaf is a history now, but in one line he & Asghar Ali Engineer were the tow morons who spoiled the cause of Bohra Youth movement in Udaipur.

Humsafar

Unread post by Humsafar » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:56 am

Babu Shia wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:48 am Although Saifuddin Insaf is a history now, but in one line he & Asghar Ali Engineer were the tow morons who spoiled the cause of Bohra Youth movement in Udaipur.
Hmm interesting. Care to explain how.

Biradar

Unread post by Biradar » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:02 am

Humsafar wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:56 am
Babu Shia wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:48 am Although Saifuddin Insaf is a history now, but in one line he & Asghar Ali Engineer were the tow morons who spoiled the cause of Bohra Youth movement in Udaipur.
Hmm interesting. Care to explain how.
Don't provoke insane people, Humsafar. It is possible that this "Babu Shia" is non other than Chela al-Awaal of the mad fanatic Ahmed Ali Raj. Best to only touch fanatics and insane people with a 10 ft pole. If one must.

Humsafar

Unread post by Humsafar » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:03 pm

Biradar wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:02 am Don't provoke insane people, Humsafar. It is possible that this "Babu Shia" is non other than Chela al-Awaal of the mad fanatic Ahmed Ali Raj. Best to only touch fanatics and insane people with a 10 ft pole. If one must.
You are probably right :D . But I am curious to know what possible mind-boggling reasoning they can come up with. If it can be called reasoning, that is. :wink:

Ozdundee

Unread post by Ozdundee » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:27 pm

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un
Condolences to his friends and family.
I was unaware what a lose to the reforms.