Hanging Dai's Pictures in the house

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
bohra_manus

Hanging Dai's Pictures in the house

Unread post by bohra_manus » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:02 pm

Last 30 years, it has become an "in thing" to hang Dai's (51/52 and questionable 53) pictures in homes. In fact it is one of the things that the Amils note when they visit your homes. But I received the forward following from a friend on What's App.

======== Forwarded as received ==============
Below article in URDU clearly suggests that how 51 (Taher saifuddin) was against hanging photo on the wall. When Janab 51 occupied the chair of BOHRA DAI he was very much against that his photo or picture should not be taken or hanged in the house

I have with me Nasime Saher Of 1914 or round about that was published from JABALPUR in URDU and Janab 51 was doing WAEZ & during WAEZ he spoke against hanging his photo in the house
So during his WAEZ one of his SHAIKH recited the following sher (Shairi)
TASVEER SE MAULA KEE NA TUM GHAR KO SAJAO
BIDAAT HEY YE BIDAAT HEY YE BIDAAT YE BIDAAT

and Janab 51 at once ordered to give him cash prize of Rupees 51.

I have got cutting of that NASIME SAHER
Below I m sending u that news paper cutting
But it is in URDU.
sms1.jpg

momeenbhai

Re: Hanging Dai's Pictures in the house

Unread post by momeenbhai » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:00 am

Bohras dont care about the past or future they just care present farmaan of dai.

so if current dai allows pics it is all good to hang it on wall, if in future some dai will stop it, they will be all good to stop it.

bohra_manus

Unread post by bohra_manus » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:25 pm

momeenbhai wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:00 am Bohras dont care about the past or future they just care present farmaan of dai.

so if current dai allows pics it is all good to hang it on wall, if in future some dai will stop it, they will be all good to stop it.
If that's the case then why we dwell on the events of the past as it relates to the past Dais?

momeenbhai

Unread post by momeenbhai » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:20 pm

Whatever suits to Dai and approved by dai is a present event.

Pandora786

Unread post by Pandora786 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:48 pm

I stopped hanging any Dai's photos in my house years ago. Isn't it similar to Hinduism hanging their deities pics pooja and all. Savare utho, ghar na bhar niklo, kai saaru kaam karva jau toh Moula no photo chum va no isn't it the same ???
Recently I heard from some staunch Bohris, that I cannot hang my Children's or Family photos but I must hang the Dai's photo. What nonsense is this ?

momeenbhai

Unread post by momeenbhai » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:23 am

I have my own way to deal with this issue, I have keep one spare pic of MS and hang it only when some chutiya abde is suppose to visit my house.. I dont like arguments and fights so I try and keep it simple and sober :lol:

Pandora786

Unread post by Pandora786 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:56 am

momeenbhai wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:23 am I have my own way to deal with this issue, I have keep one spare pic of MS and hang it only when some chutiya abde is suppose to visit my house.. I dont like arguments and fights so I try and keep it simple and sober :lol:
I remember when SMS came to power, he had mass produced his pic with a nice frame and send it out to every bohri family. Mine is sitting somewhere in a storeroom. My MIL said "Badha room ma ek Moula no photo joye"

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:33 am

Buy a clear frame, put two pics. back to back. When uninvited Abde show up , turn the frame around. No more arguement about "log kiya kahengay "

allbird

Unread post by allbird » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:15 am

This all picture business started with Prince Karim Aga khan and his followers. YN had a brilliant idea and replicated all those practices which Aga Khanis practiced minus returning all collected money back to Jamaat khana. Here in Bohraism the buck stops at saifee mahal

momeenbhai

Unread post by momeenbhai » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:03 am

Ghar me Waliyo ki Photo Lagana Kaisa Hai ? By Shaykh Ul Islam Syed Madni Miyan Ashrafi Al jilani

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOmpId1M65I

bohra_manus

Unread post by bohra_manus » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:56 pm

Here is another one for you
Nkorea.png

momeenbhai

Unread post by momeenbhai » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:16 am

bohra_manus wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:56 pm Here is another one for you
Nkorea.png
In old days bohra never kept any pic or sculptures in the house just like Muslims. then Taher saifuddin came and wanted to have more impact about his dai ship on each bohra and from there it all started.

Keep ayat of Quran or Mecca Madina Karbala NAJAF pic ONLY

bohra_manus

Unread post by bohra_manus » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:35 am

momeenbhai wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:16 am
bohra_manus wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:56 pm Here is another one for you
Nkorea.png
In old days bohra never kept any pic or sculptures in the house just like Muslims. then Taher saifuddin came and wanted to have more impact about his dai ship on each bohra and from there it all started.

Keep ayat of Quran or Mecca Madina Karbala NAJAF pic ONLY
I think having Dai's picture became almost like a requirement for all homes and businesses during SMBs time. The Amils if visited homes and found other paintings on the wall, they would recommend (read -- demand) that we should have Dai's pictures not these!

momeenbhai

Unread post by momeenbhai » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:41 pm

keeping picture in house is psychological they are actually wanting to keep their pic infront of your eyes 24 7

also I see many house hold keep very big frames in order to attract attention and to show they are a bigger believer of dai than others

also a new trend of keeping lots of pics of dai showing his visit to the house trying to convey they have lots of money to pay salam to dai and to boast it infront of people who dont do it lol

Qadir

Unread post by Qadir » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:03 pm

momeenbhai wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:41 pm keeping picture in house is psychological they are actually wanting to keep their pic infront of your eyes 24 7

also I see many house hold keep very big frames in order to attract attention and to show they are a bigger believer of dai than others

also a new trend of keeping lots of pics of dai showing his visit to the house trying to convey they have lots of money to pay salam to dai and to boast it infront of people who dont do it lol
Why don’t you mind your own business? What people do with their house does not concern you.
If some mumin does not want to have photo of dai in their house, just don’t call Aamil or anyone else who forces you to do something you don’t agree with, to your house.

I have picture of Moula in my home not because i worship the picture but to have a reminder of being good and kind to others and follow moula’s teachings.

ajamali

Unread post by ajamali » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:14 pm

Qadir wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:03 pm
momeenbhai wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:41 pm keeping picture in house is psychological they are actually wanting to keep their pic infront of your eyes 24 7

Why don’t you mind your own business? What people do with their house does not concern you.
If some mumin does not want to have photo of dai in their house, just don’t call Aamil or anyone else who forces you to do something you don’t agree with, to your house.

I have picture of Moula in my home not because i worship the picture but to have a reminder of being good and kind to others and follow moula’s teachings.
Kind? Good? This is a man who ordered the beating of women in a masjid. Who ordered men to throw their wives out of their homes if they don’t wear rida, who repeatedly said in a waaz jalaavi naakho e logo na gharo ne, who endorses the cutting of seven year old girls (discreetly, mind you) . Kind my ass....

bohra_manus

Unread post by bohra_manus » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:09 pm

Qadir wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:03 pm
momeenbhai wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:41 pm just don’t call Aamil or anyone else who forces you to do something you don’t agree with, to your house.[/b]

Bro,
Many people don't want to call Aamil to their homes, they are forced upon under different pretenses:
Examples:
Visit of Saheb-e-dawat
Ohbat meeting
Just visit out of nowhere to inquire etc

momeenbhai

Unread post by momeenbhai » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:24 am

Truth hurts to all parties :lol:

momeenbhai

Unread post by momeenbhai » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:11 am

Dumb Qadir is again trying to save his master ass by wrong information, amils are not always invited they break your doors and enter your house for different schemes.

any ways now a days its not just about puting pics in house if you see the social media few pages which are managed by badrimahal and jamiaya students will keep posting huge pics of muffy and not just that his 3 sons as well, every third post will be their pic with no titles or information, just a reminder for dumb abdes that they are their masters. :lol:

for example lol
Attachments
2019-11-21_11-43_Instagram.jpg