Mafsuhiyat, Hadiyat, NKD, MKD, NDI,NDF etc...

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
Sheikh_Sajjad_Husain

Mafsuhiyat, Hadiyat, NKD, MKD, NDI,NDF etc...

Unread post by Sheikh_Sajjad_Husain » Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:29 am

Is there any defined criteria for these titles?
Do they have any spiritual significance as per Ismaili Shia Theology?

or anyone drunkard womanizer with shit load of money willing to spend it on ziyafats can get it?

Nafisa

Re: Mafsuhiyat, Hadiyat, NKD, MKD, NDI,NDF etc...

Unread post by Nafisa » Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:56 pm

51 wa Dai ne Fatemi Dawat par ju Zulm kiye oski fahrist tawil hay. Imami era Me Duaat ki tartib hadiyat ke rutba se shuro huti or Hujjat ku Al Shaikh se khitaab kiya Jata. Satr me Ye rutba Faqat Aala hudud Ku Dai ata karte Jinka elm or Taqwa me baland maqam huta. Lalchi Dai 51 + 52 ne isku bhi maal kamane Ka zarya bana diya. Baat agar karay miyaar Ki tu chahe Zani, Sharabi, juwari or bad kirdaar hi kiyu na hu, maal deta hay tu Shaikh bana diya. Saifee Mahal ke Lutero ka dhanda kam aqal jamaat me khoob chal para or har Ghar me ek Shaikh Hugaya. 53 Tu Lalach, Loot Khasoot or Mazhab Ke Naam Par Maal Banane Me PhD Karkar Aya Hay. 70 Sala Buddho ku bhi istemaal kargaya. 5 Lakh Rs Lekar Discount Me shaikh ki pagri pehna deta hay. Jab Dawat Yemen me thee tab india me wali hind hute, elm or taqwa ke bawajud mafsuh ka rutba me hi dai unku appoint karte. 51 wa sarkaar bare tez dimagh thay, naya naya sujhta tha or tajruba karne se kaun rukta. sultan banne ke shawq thaa. British empire apne touts ku abcd wale title deti thee. Jisku wo apne naam ke sath likhte. Saiffe Bawa ne apne larkoo ke sath ye khurafaat titles coined kiye or bewaqufoo ku lubhane ke tamgha banakar Aaj tak maza utha rahe hayn
jabtak bewaqoof awam mujud hay karubar khoob chalega, chahe corona hu ya marona

Mkenya

Unread post by Mkenya » Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:34 pm

Upwards of 70 years ago these appendages were bestowed on people who were pious and helped in needy in the community. My great uncle who was given MKD (M...? Khidmatit Daawat) was a humble person whose acts were rewarded is such manner. There was no monetary exchange.

That was before Sheikh Saleh Bhai Saheb Safiudin (51st. brother?) visited East Africa, for what was called 'Dawat Ugrawa" - to collect dues like Najar Mukam, Zakaat, etc.

Before that Ismailji Bhai Saheb, had come to do that. Unfortunately he passed away in Kismayu, Somalia where a small community of Bohras had settled. Legend has it that when he arrived at the port of Mombasa, Kenya there was nobody to receive him. A Hindu businessman took him home and later informed the community.

As NAFISA says: "51 wa sarkaar bare tez dimagh thay". He saw the huge potential in granting such honours to all and sundry; as long they paid a set amount of money, did ziafat, pagla, contributed money, etc.

In praying Imamat Namaaz, the 'tarteeb' (hierarchy) dictates the order in which people line up behind the Imam. Sheikhs, Mullahs, MKD, and so on.

Kaka Akela

Unread post by Kaka Akela » Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:39 pm

Now among us Dawoodi bohras, we have full blown Caste system.
Qasr e aali/bait e zaini= Brahmins
Jamea graduates= kashtariya
Muntasib/ muntasibaat=Vaishiya
Mashaik= shudra
Common people= untouchable
And these caste system is followed very strictly in majlis tarteeb or in namaaz saf bandi.
If anyone breaks this strict division and sits ahead of his rank, he gets told to move back where belongs.
NKD, MKD, Dupatta Sharaf don't have any najwa attached to it , but your past performamce is checked before bestowing those sharafs. Hadiyat has become so common and prevalent that some jamaats have more Shaiks than Mullas.
All the khidmats people do now is less geared towards earning sawab and more towards what rank or rutba can i get out of it. Once they achieve what they desired their enthusiasm for khidmat kinda fizzles out.

bohra_manus

Unread post by bohra_manus » Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:41 pm

Kaka Akela wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:39 pm All the khidmats people do now is less geared towards earning sawab and more towards what rank or rutba can i get out of it. Once they achieve what they desired their enthusiasm for khidmat kinda fizzles out.

Actually this is not true.
They start with NKD, and then the local aamils, visiting Kasre-Ali delegations encourage to get to the next stage Mulla.
So once you get one title you automatically vie for the next level by scarifying your time, money in the khidmat of dawat (read Dai here).

Sheikh_Sajjad_Husain

Unread post by Sheikh_Sajjad_Husain » Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:29 pm

Nafisa wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:56 pm 51 wa Dai ne Fatemi Dawat par ju Zulm kiye oski fahrist tawil hay. Imami era Me Duaat ki tartib hadiyat ke rutba se shuro huti or Hujjat ku Al Shaikh se khitaab kiya Jata. Satr me Ye rutba Faqat Aala hudud Ku Dai ata karte Jinka elm or Taqwa me baland maqam huta. Lalchi Dai 51 + 52 ne isku bhi maal kamane Ka zarya bana diya. Baat agar karay miyaar Ki tu chahe Zani, Sharabi, juwari or bad kirdaar hi kiyu na hu, maal deta hay tu Shaikh bana diya. Saifee Mahal ke Lutero ka dhanda kam aqal jamaat me khoob chal para or har Ghar me ek Shaikh Hugaya. 53 Tu Lalach, Loot Khasoot or Mazhab Ke Naam Par Maal Banane Me PhD Karkar Aya Hay. 70 Sala Buddho ku bhi istemaal kargaya. 5 Lakh Rs Lekar Discount Me shaikh ki pagri pehna deta hay. Jab Dawat Yemen me thee tab india me wali hind hute, elm or taqwa ke bawajud mafsuh ka rutba me hi dai unku appoint karte. 51 wa sarkaar bare tez dimagh thay, naya naya sujhta tha or tajruba karne se kaun rukta. sultan banne ke shawq thaa. British empire apne touts ku abcd wale title deti thee. Jisku wo apne naam ke sath likhte. Saiffe Bawa ne apne larkoo ke sath ye khurafaat titles coined kiye or bewaqufoo ku lubhane ke tamgha banakar Aaj tak maza utha rahe hayn
jabtak bewaqoof awam mujud hay karubar khoob chalega, chahe corona hu ya marona
Thank you Nafisa Ben for the in depth expose.

But you missed one critical point in your post, what you have mentioned will be disregarded by every mainstream DB followers as hateful rant.

I am looking for criteria set by earlier duat's with some reference to primary dawat literature to back it up.

I have come across a post on this forum where pro current establishment side was arguing that criteria mentioned by Syedna Hatim (RA) in tuhfatul qulub was not for the dai himself but for the hudud he appoints.. if that is true.. then isn't the current criteria of just paying millions to get the title irrespective of character and knowledge contrary to what was set up by earlier duat mutlaqeens of Fatimi Dawat?

Also, I have heard many pro establishment ulemas justifying the current practise by saying that... when a rich man shells out millions, it benefits dawat in a similar way when an aalim uses his knowledge to serve the dawat... thus.. getting high rutba by paying millions is justified...