The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
ilhamafief94

Re: Mullahs, the scapegoats of Syedna.

Unread post by ilhamafief94 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:31 pm

Biradar wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:45 pm
ilhamafief94 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:53 am Thank you all for the information. I am Shia and I am very interested in comparative madhhab. I've studied Imamiyah, Zaydiyah, Sunni, etc. But I think the most difficult literature for me to find is the teachings of Bohra, maybe Sulaymani Bohra too. So I came here to learn more.
There is not much difference (in the doctrinal beliefs, I mean) between the various Tayebi offshoots, i.e. the Dawoodis, Sulemanis, Alavis and other minor sects. They all follow the Da'im al-Islam for their legal practice but more often rely on prayer manuals produced locally. For example, the previous Sayenda's wife made a good manual based on earlier works in which she described every ritual and the logic behind it in great detail. However, it is in Gujrathi language written in Arabic script so you won't be able to understand it, unless you speak Gujrathi already. Bohras in general were secularized and also tend to resolve their issues in secular courts. However, recently, the mad-man in charge, i.e. Muffy, has tried to change that by appointing local "Qazya Committees" to handle matters internally.

If you really can't find Da'im al-Islam let me know and I will attempt to get an English PDF for you from my university library.

However, caution that the Bohra fiqh literature is unlike the Sunni or Imami Shias in that the chain of narrations are typically abbreviated and omitted. The logic behind this is that the Da'im was approved by the Imam himself so is essentially canonical and no further narrative authority is needed. Further, the practice of daily prayers is very similar to the Sunni madhabs rather than the Shia ones (of course there are minor differences). This may appear somewhat strange but it is probably because the author of the Da'im was likely a follower of Hanafi madhab before he converted to the Ismaili cause.

However, the most interesting aspect of the Ismaili beliefs are not in the daily rituals but in their esoteric interpretation of Islam. This aspect of Ismailism is controversial to say the least. However, it is well-founded on the primary texts of Islam, though the haqqaiq literature is a strange concoction of tribal superstition and magical thinking. In my opinion though the taweel interpretation of Islam is well-founded, haqqaiq literature represent the incursion of superstitions of Yemei origin that were mixed up in Ismaili beliefs as the Yemenis were great supporters of Ismailis for a few centuries.

Incidentally, the main difference between the various Bohra factions is ethnic and not doctrinal: Sulemanis are mostly ethnic Arabs, Dawoodis are moslty ethnic Indians. These ethocentric groups are unlike the larger Islamic denominations and Sufi groups in that the latter are genuinely transnational and trans-ethnic.
Thank you very much, I appreciate the response and information you provide. I just got Daimul Islam pdf in Hindi, and the letters can't be copied. So I had to use a camera translator and that was a bit troublesome. If you are willing and have free time maybe you can search it in your campus, I really appreciate it.

Does the book written by Sayedna's wife have pictures? If so, even if it's in Gujarati, it might still help. In my country there is very little study of the Tayebi. Some campuses only describe the Tayebi in outline and do not go into details. I thought of starting a study of the Ismaili sect especially the Tayebi.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:51 pm

Biradar-Salaam
Kindly see my PM and hope to get a response from you.
Regards

Mkenya

Unread post by Mkenya » Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:10 pm

મોમીન ભાઈઓ અને બહેનો 51મા દાઈ થી કોમની જે મિલ્કતો હતી તેને વક્ફ એક્ટના જોરે હડપ કરી લીધી.
મસ્જિદ ખ઼ુદા નુ ઘર છે પરંતુ મોમીનો ના મગજ મા એવું જડબેસ્લાક ઠસાવી દીધું કે તેને વક્ફ કર્યા સિવાય તેમાં નમાઝ પડાય નહિ એટલે કે અલ્લાહ ના ઘરના માલિક દાઈ જ ગણાય.
મોમીનો મા કેટલી હદ સુધી અંધશ્રદ્ધા ઘુસી ગઈ છે કે દાઈ ના હાથેજ તેનું ઇફતેતાહ થાય અને દાઈ મસ્જિદ પોતાના નામે કરવા ના કરોડો ના હિસાબે સલામ પડાવે.
દાઈની હુશિયારીની અને મોમીનોની મૂર્ખાઈ નો આ જગતમા જોટો નહિ જડે.
આખી ઇસ્લામ આલમમા મસ્જિદ કોઈને વક્ફ થતી નથી કારણકે આ શરીઅત ના ખિલાફ છે.
ખ઼ુદાના ઘરનો ઇન્સાન માલિક કઈ રીતે બની શકે?
મોમીનોમા દાઈ ના રૂતબા ને એટલો બધો ઉંચો કરી દીધો છે કે તે દાઈ ના બોલને ખ઼ુદાનો બોલ માનવા લાગ્યો છે.
આ માટે પહેલા મદ્રેસા જવાબદાર છે.
અત્યારે મોમીનના બાળકો માટે મદ્રેસા ફરજીયાત કરી દીધા છે અને તે પણ મોટી ફી વસુલ કરીને ઉસ્તાદો નો પગાર પણ આપણે ચૂકવવાનો અને પૈસા ખર્ચીને આપણા બાળકોને બુદ્ધિના બુઠા બનાવી તેના ગુલામ બનાવવના.
બીજું દરિસમા આમીલો અને મુલ્લાઓ ની ફોજ ઉભી કરી. મુલ્લાઓયે બાળકોના બ્રેન વોશ કરે છે અને આજના આમીલો તૉ દરેક ગામની જુમાતો નો કલેકટર છે કલેકટર શબ્દ તો નાનો ગણાય તેને રાજા જ કહી શકાય.
તે ગામના રહીસોના અને ખુજલીબાજોના નામ કોઠારમા મોકલે અને ત્યાંથી જુમાત કમિટી બનીને આવે.હવે પછી વધુ.
આપને ગ્રુપમા જોડાવા માટે અને સૂચનો મકલવા નો મોબાઈલ નંબર 09324191032 મોકલીયે છીએ પંજેતની ગ્રુપ રાજકોટ ના સલામ.
પંજેતન ની દુવા થી અમો પાંચમાથી સાડત્રીસ થયા છીએ અને વધતા જઈએ છીએ.

Sheikh Ali sadiq

Unread post by Sheikh Ali sadiq » Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:25 am

[DELETED BY ADMIN}