Which Imam after Jafar?

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.

Which Imam after Jafar?

Unread post by Guest » Sun Feb 25, 2001 12:27 am

After Imam Jafer-As-Siddiq, there was a split in the previously unified Shia community. One group followed Ismail (the Ismaili line, from which the Bohoras spring) and the other group followed Musa (the Ithnasheries).<p>My question is simply this:<p>"What is our case for following Ismail, and what is the Ithnashery case for following Musa. What evidence is available to assist us in determining who the rightful imam really was?"<p>It is a only a matter of logic that there could not have been two separate authentic imams, both with nas.<p>I only want intelligent scholarly responses please.<br>

Re: Which Imam after Jafar?

Unread post by Guest » Sun Feb 25, 2001 1:02 pm

Everyone, please do not take offense to what I say. I write this only for people to think about religion.<p>I firmly believe there are three kinds of people, those who do not care about religions, those who firmly adhere to religious associations they are born with, and third is the group who really wants to find Truth.<p>The question is, is it justified for us to support the points of views that we are born with? Or is it better for us to look at all arguments and choose the one which makes most sense, both rationally and in religion?<p>If we were to follow the beliefs that we are born with, how would anyone know they are wrong. Just ask yourself this question, you believe in a certain religous trend because you were born with it, or because you have searched the Truth. If Truth was unsearchable, then how would anyone convert to Islam?<p>How do you define a religious person? One who has a strong "faith" without any reason, but he is so rigid in his beliefs that he can't even listen to a different point of view, or one who searches Truth and knows that Truth will always prevail; looks at arguments objectively and submits to that which seems better because he understands that he is doing this for God, not for his community, family or himself.<p>Arrogance, insecurity and fear are some of the attributes not compatible with a highly religious attitude. We must learn to differentiate between Truth and Falsehood, irrespective of our beliefs.<p>If someone here were to tell me that they have searched religion *honesty* and *objectively* and found that Ismailism or Bohraism really is the correct religion, I would advise them to follow what they have found to be the Truth. But if someone says that they are right because its their religion, then I am afraid but you need to understand why ever a non-Muslim convert to Islam.<p>Best,<br>Musalmaan

Unread post by Guest » Wed Feb 28, 2001 7:01 am

Spare me the polemics "Musalmaan" I was specific about the information I wanted, if you didn't have an adequate response, you should not have responded.

Unread post by Guest » Wed Feb 28, 2001 5:16 pm

Br. Hussein<p>Let me be specific in awnsering you. <p>"What is our case for following Ismail, and what is the Ithnashery case for following Musa. What evidence is available to assist us in determining who the rightful imam really was?" This is your Question<p>"There is no case for either of the two. Both are wrong and if they do not correct themselves soon, both may go to hell." this is my awnser.<p>The rest of this post is indirect so you may go back to what you would've done otherwise.<p>Br. Musalmaan is too good a person to awnser to questions posed by people like this Hussein. Musalmaan tried to explain what I said above in better terms but as they say "Laaton ke bhoot baaton se nahin maante".<p>Take care Br. Musalmaan and carry on the good work that you have been doing on this message board.<p>And before people start reaching conclusions, let me say that I am a Bohri by birth and that is where my bohrism ends.

Unread post by Guest » Wed Feb 28, 2001 5:19 pm

awnsering = answering<br>awnser = answer<p>Sorry, I always do that

Unread post by Guest » Thu Mar 01, 2001 6:24 am

Hussein,<p>These may be of some interest:<p>Ithna Ashari view:<br>http://www.al-islam.org/masoom/bios/7th ... <p>Ismaili (Nizari) view:<br>http://global.globale.net/~heritage/his ... 401.html<p>