Toronto Bohri Jamaat Paying RIBA

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
mbohra

Toronto Bohri Jamaat Paying RIBA

Unread post by mbohra » Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:35 pm

The following is the incontrovertible documented evidence that the Anjumane Najmi, the Toronto Bohri Jamaat incurred or paid RIBA. They have declared this fact on their Annual Charity Declaration to the Canadian Government.

The Toronto Bohri should stop praying in the Toronto Marqaz if they follow the Kothari rules that those who incur or receive should be prohibited from holding their releigious events at their own home. Those who have prayed at the Marqaz should recompense ("VAARE") their prayers at home!

"What's good for the goose is good for the gander. "
"The chicken has come home to roost"
"Put your money (in the bank!) where your mouth(Kothari fatwa)is!"

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/dchmf/haip/src ... MANE+NAJMI

2003- Interest and bank charges 4820 $ 4,831
2001 Interest and dividends 114 $119

S. Insaf

Re: Toronto Bohri Jamaat Paying RIBA

Unread post by S. Insaf » Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:54 pm

Sayedul Khair bhai Saheb is the Amil of Surat. He is the son of late Yusuf Najmuddin and son-in-law of Sayedna Burhanuddin Saheb. He inaugurated the branch of ICICI bank opposite to Al-Jameyattus-Saifia in Surat in the presence of more than 1000 mumineen and that too in the month of Moharram.
He is openly giving lakhs of rupees of Wajebat and Qarde-Hasnat on interest and has become multimillioner.
Sayedna Saheb dares not to take any action against him.

Agnostic

Unread post by Agnostic » Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:09 pm

No one need worry about earning or paying interest as long as the following two strategies are followed:

One, undertake to be interest-free, in say, 3 years. At the end of 3 years, plead for extension for a further 3 years. In my experience, this strategy is the one is approved by Jamaat.

Two, tell an outright lie that you are no longer earning or paying interest. If you own a motgaged house, say you are renting it. This strategy is also approved by Jamaat. This is the only reasonable conclusion as no one can hide mortgage liability in this day and age in the USA, at least. And very likely, in other advanced Western countries too.

Both strategies allow Jamaat income to be maintained and Jamaat gatherings to continue at private residences; else gatherings would tumble.

Kaka Akela

Unread post by Kaka Akela » Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:57 pm

Br. Agnostic: Your secxond strategy doesn't work, I tried it here in Texas and it back fired. your home-ownership and financing of it is a matter of public record in the city hall and any one can check it, all they need is your name and address and check it out.
In my case, the Aamil had it in for me and he had a bohra bhai, who was a merchant, call the credit bureau (pretending to them that I wrote a check of a big amount)to verify that I was paying my mortgage and other payments on time and then went to city hall and dug up all that info and humiliated me in front of the whole jamaat. You don't know how low can they go if they have it in for you. His many chamchas were doing the same thing and were not exposed.

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:07 pm

Br Kaka Akela
AS

I am amazed that people are willing to take this kind of Sh.. laying down.

In my religion you are free to go to any masjid you want.

You are free to pay any amount or not pay at all.

Most of Mosque has minimal membership like $100 or S200.

If you have children going to Madresa then you pay for them.

There are fundraising dinners 2 or three times a year. Tickets are around $50. No compulsion to buy it. Of course there is lively fundraising after featured speech. You do not have to give anything.

Zakat is your own business. Give to whoever you wish to.

Jumma Khutba's (Required for Friday prayers) are good and you learn something from it. (Firey Khutba's are no longer delivered. Uncle Sam is Watching).

Pray Imaam will reappear and deliver you guys from misery.

Wasalaam

Alislam

Unread post by Alislam » Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:57 pm

There is no jamaat which does not have accounts in banks or take/pay interests on it.
The frontrunners are the kothari Mullahs, Shaiks, Aamils etc who earns interests on their loot but reprimand people for dealing with banks for loans etc.,

Banks were started by none other than the last two dais themselves and these banks were normal banks (worked on interest)..

Can any kothari try to explain as to why dealings with banks became haraam one fine morning and not from the begining ?

I have seen many cases where people are harassed for working in banks and were asked to pay more lagats at times of marriage, death, haj etc to be let off..
So, money makes all the difference and not halaal or haraam for these kotharis