why are we under pressure

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.

why are we under pressure

Unread post by Guest » Mon Jan 01, 2001 4:10 am

why are the shias undr pressure from the sunnis to follw thier version of Islam

Re: why are we under pressure

Unread post by Guest » Mon Jan 01, 2001 4:27 am

We have been attacked killed persued elliminated destroyed from the sunnis for centuries just becuase the Shias have belived in the alternative version of Islam<br>Ours is a belief which have been more human and progressive<br>We only differ in ourself on the linkage of the Imams not on the belief so let the Sunnis not come this board and give us the version of Sunna when since the death of the prophetSAW we have rejected that version<p>We belive in the Ayats of the Quran which have given full power of the interpretation of our deen to the Manifested Imam and his interpretation of the Quran as with the Time<p>Islam will become stangnant if we were to belive the sunna is only thing which was need to take us to heaven<br>And for that matter The Shai never belive that Heaven is the final abode<br>We have seen the Imam of the times from the first Imam Ali that only He is has the final say on the version and way which the shias want to go since it was Allah and his Rasool SAW who had guided us to this version of Islam<br>The ever presnt Imam of the time to lead us<p><br>

Unread post by Guest » Mon Jan 01, 2001 9:23 am

No one is under pressure from anyone. The question is does anyone who is born in a certain family follows that religion just because he was born there? Or do they go back to the original sources and try to find out the Truth and change their beliefs if necessary?<p>If one is to take the former approach, then a Jew is justified in following Judaism and a Christian in following Christianity. But how do these people realize the Truth. One has to be objective, remove original biases and then hunt for the Truth.<p>There is no Shi'ite/Sunni faith, there is only one faith that Allah and His Prophet(sm) left for us: Islam. One has to stop assuming that they are a Sunni and must follow Sunni doctrines or an Ismaili or a Shi'ite. Be a Musalmaan and then search for the Truth.<p>As for prosecution, Sunnis have also been prosecuted when they were in minorities. Take Iran for example. Being been prosecuted does not mean that one develops enmity towards the other sect and does not acknowledge Truth because its not from their fathers. Religion is for an individual. Only then it makes a community and not vice versa.<p>Regards

Unread post by Guest » Mon Jan 01, 2001 6:22 pm

My reasoning is that lot of things said here on the board assumes that the bohoras have invented new things to their practices by following the dai<br>Yes if the belief is to follow the Dai who according to their belief recieves his direct orders from the Imam of the times<br>This is thier belief and how can you assume that they should follow the Our Sunni brothers way when thier Tarica in different.<p>We both Shias and Sunnis are muslims and follow Islam which was brought by the prophet SAW.<br>Could you lease kindly inform this to the Saudia Arbians who do not belive so and for the matter who is sunni in Iran and not allowed to follow his fait do not give unfounded statements

Unread post by Guest » Mon Jan 01, 2001 6:56 pm

To the right opposite you have said is the truth<br>You Sunnis have never ever gone to the truth and tried to find out the light which the Prophet SAW guided us to.<br>Now that you come to the Bohora board and tell us nonsense<br>Try to find A sunni amoung the bohoras and then talk rubbish.<br>These peaple are the ones who have been Shias since the time of PROPHET SAW<br>And look into the Fatimide history for thier version of thier belief<br>Do not confuse us with you nonsense<br>they do not agree on how to run thier community not what they belive<br>They are very clear on that thats why they are called TAYYABIS<br>You do have go to you roots to find that<br>May be Abu Baker or Ummar failed inform you on the Shias

Unread post by Guest » Mon Jan 01, 2001 7:07 pm

Questions:<br>If the religion is so much adultered recently, how do we know that it was not adultered earlier on?<p>Secondly, someone posted about religion being perfect. Prophet(sm) said it was perfect before he died. Where did the Namaz for the Imams etc come in from?<p><br>Your knowledge of Shias is skin deep<br>The prophet only said the religion is perfect<br>after he did appoint the Imam Ali as his rightfull succesor.<br>Read to sura Maaida 5;67<br>or Sura Yaseen 36:12<br>Sura Nisa 4:59<br>If he had died without doing so then the religion would have been like the one sunnis follow leaderless

Unread post by Guest » Mon Jan 01, 2001 7:43 pm

Musalmaan posted 12-26-2000 05:04 AM ET (US) <br>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br>Logically, it does make sense. However, there are limits. The Prophet(sm) before his death said that the religion is complete. Then he warned us against innovations, whether good or bad. Introducing something where the Qur'an or the Prophet(sm) did not pass a verdict is something different. Changing Duas and Namaz to include Imams etc is something to think about.<br>Whether it be good or bad, change in existing religion is condemned at all costs. Allah is our creator and knows best about us.<br> -----------------------------------<p>--------<br>This Sunni does not come to talk about light but his view that they are right only and we shias do not even have an idea what is right or wrong <br>Read the above masseges to know that we have different Version of Islam and it has been existance since Day Imam Ali accepted to be the first person to be a muslim even before Abu Baker and his lots were fieghting against it<br>Prophet SAW said Alebait is <br>Him ALi Fatima Hassan And Hasien<br>they are his family they cant be against his massage can they or you say Abu Baker<br>was right and Nabi was wrong ???<br>Wake up to the shia version before you show us your ignorance or Jahililahi<br>Our version is not that the religion is Final with the Suna but it is final with the word of the Imam of the Times he can say how we should follow it<br>add anything to it or remove from it since this is what Prophet SAW told us to follow<br>not run in the blind

Unread post by Guest » Mon Jan 01, 2001 7:57 pm

So knowing that the Bohras converted recently, do we follow what we have been taught since our birth because we are born in a certain religion? That approach towards life justifies why a Christian is a Christian or why a Jew is a Jew, or an Atheist an Atheist for that matter. One should interrogate religion from every aspect, and be open and unbiased about it, if one has to find Truth. After having researched everything from every angle I could perceive, I have posted my finding in "Is Syedna right? - a repost". If someone (who is objective, unbiased and open in religion) finds counter-arguments, please let me know. I do not want to miss out on something.<br>Bohra community initially had a minority of sunnis as well, which basically means that there never was a Bohra faith, there has always been a Bohra community though. One does not necessarily have to call themselves a Sunni or a Shi'ite, the only name that God has used for us is Musalmaan. And this community should have the courage and flexibility to accept someone who does not follow their "interpretation" of Qur'an. This community is, in fact, more of a family which is now being used to nail down religious beliefs. Different interpretations of Qur'an existed at the time of Prophet(sm) as well and sometimes he did not resolve an issue, indicating that more than one interpretation of a verse or Qur'anic text might be correct. One does not have to believe that if they are right, the other is necessarily wrong. Bohras, however, are always told that they are right and the rest of the world is wrong and will end up in Hell. (astaghfirullah, something we do not know about!)<p>Regards<br>-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br>To the right opposite you have said is the truth<br>You Sunnis have never ever gone to the truth and tried to find out the light which the Prophet SAW guided us to.<br>Now that you come to the Bohora board and tell us nonsense<br>Try to find A sunni amoung the bohoras and then talk your rubbish.<br>These peaple are the ones who have been Shias since the time of PROPHET SAW<br>And look into the Fatimide history for thier version of thier belief<br>Do not confuse us with your nonsense<br>they do not agree on how to run thier community not what they belive<br>They are very clear on what they are and why they are called TAYYABIS<br>You do have go to you roots to find that<br>May be Abu Baker or Ummar failed inform you on the Shias <br>Bohoras have never been Dogmatic like you Sunni they are open to all but then when they open up you peaple start killing them for thier beliefs <br>I suppose does it make sense to belive a sunni,No never ask a bohora they have 1400 years of history to prove it.<br>And Hundred of Shahides who have given Shadat to just becuase they where Shias.<br>Go from the Ummayads to the present day Saudias.<br>They are all the same <p>

Unread post by Guest » Wed Jan 10, 2001 10:01 pm

Hi,<p>I have a couple of questions for the shias on this posting. I am a shia myself and hence am allowed to be on this board. Islam was supposed to be a religion for the entire mankind, I guess the true Islam is for the Shias only.<p>Anyway, here is my question. Apart from the belief in Imamate, what is the difference between Shiaism and Sunnism. Is there any difference in the farz namaz or rozas, or zakats (apart from the fact that the true Islam followers - the bohras - have to hand it over to the Imam thru their Dai) or the Haj or the Quran that we have or any of the Sunnats that both are asked to follow. Please let me know. Ofcourse these answers will bring up a few more questions so be prepared.<p>One other thing, the Shias have something called Tawil (which I interpret as hidden, I may be wrong) and Zahir (open for all) aspects of religion. Why does one need a hidden aspect in religion? Somebody please explain

Unread post by Guest » Fri Jan 12, 2001 11:28 pm

Various schools of thought amongst muslims differ over the interpretation of the 7th verse of Al-e-Imran where it states,<p>"He it is Who has revealed the Book to you; some of its verses are decisive, they are the basis of the Book, and others are allegorical; then as for those in whose hearts there is perversity they follow the part of it which is allegorical, seeking to mislead and seeking to give it (their own) interpretation. but none knows its interpretation except Allah, and those who are firmly rooted in knowledge say: We believe in it, it is all from our Lord; and none do mind except those having understanding."<p>The proponents of Tawil (as in hidden) believe that the interpretation of the allegorical verses rests with Allah and those firmly rooted in knowledge. Others believe that the interpretation of allegorical verses is known to Allah only. For the latter, tawil and tafsir are equivalent and they are applied to decisive verses only, there is no hidden aspect.<p>I believe in the second interpretation of this verse, that the interpretation of allegorical verses rests with Allah only. This should generally be evident from the verse itself. If you want more details as to why I believe in the latter, I would love to let you know.<p>Cheers and Regards