Images of Holy Personnas on website

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.

Images of Holy Personnas on website

Unread post by Guest » Mon Apr 02, 2001 12:01 pm

Your new site design looks very pretty, but I have one objection. Please dont post pictures of Imams and other Holy figures on the website, it would be horrific if you guys become a starting point of things that are forbidden in ISLAM...i.e. pictorial depiction of Holy figures. It would be a catastrophic if some kid or aged person or someone who is unsure about the Islamic culture mistook these pictures and use them for idolising the images of these Holy figures. This is a very kind request...please think about this

Re: Images of Holy Personnas on website

Unread post by Guest » Wed Apr 04, 2001 10:10 pm

Yes, I was concerned about this too. But cannot state it more explicitly than brother damaze101.<br>Also, I would like to know if we have some documents on the Fatemid history and the tree of Imams that we follow from Imam Ali to Imam Tayeb.<br>This could be very helpful if we need to discuss our history with people from other religions and sects.<br>Thanks.<br>

Re: Images of Holy Personnas on website

Unread post by Guest » Thu Apr 05, 2001 1:00 am

There are no online English language texts on the history of the Imams that I know of, but here is a history according to Nizaris (same Imam upto al-Mustansir): http://www.hal-pc.org/~crusader/history ... tm<p>Below is a list of the first 21 Imams according to Bohras. The relationship between each is father-to-son except that between Hasan (AS) and Husayn (AS) which is brother.<p>Ali al-Murtaza, Amir al-Mumineen <br>1. Hasan al-Mujataba<br>2. Husayn Shaheed-e-Karbala<br>3. Ali Zayn al-Abideen<br>4. Muhammad al-Baaqir<br>5. Jafar as-Saadiq<br>6. Isma'il<br>7. Muhammad<br>8. Abdullah al-Mastur<br>9. Ahmad al-Mastur<br>10. Husayn al-Mastur<br>11. Abdullah al-Mahdi<br>12. Muhammad al-Qaim<br>13. Isma'il al-Mansur<br>14. Ma'ad al-Mu'iz <br>15. Nizar al-Aziz<br>16. Husayn al-Hakim<br>17. Ali az-Zahir<br>18. Ma'ad al-Mustansir<br>19. Ahmad al-Mustaali<br>20. Mansur al-Aamir<br>21. at-Tayyib<br>