Ziarat has become an expensive affair

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
Aarif

Ziarat has become an expensive affair

Unread post by Aarif » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:19 pm

I recall a incident when I had been to Galiyakot a couple of years back. I was waiting in the public hall of our huge newly built five star musafir khana while my sister had gone to the office to pay money and get a A/C room for us. At that time one khidmat guzar came in the hall and asked me whether I have paid the money to stay in that public hall. I told him that I just wanted to stay there for 15 mins and I will be moving to a room soon. He was OK with that and went away. When my sister came back she told me that they had charged her close to 3000 Rs. for a couple of days. Also, when we were leaving Galiyakot after two days and went to the office to settle our bill the aamil told us that he has to give us back some 500 Rs. since the bill was close to 2500. However he told us that "500 rupiyaa toh che. hoob maa lakhavi do ne" and did not give us back anything. So 3000 Rs for two days was the hotel bill.

The point I am trying to make is a few years back the public hall was free. Now they charge money for that also. Also, the five star musafir khana is very expensive which most of the bohris can never afford.

Kothar has made a business out of these shrines. They are exploiting the faith of gullible bohras who come to visit these places by making them pay through their nose. They have built these huge five star hotels (called musafir khana to fool people) using our money and make us pay to stay there.

This again proves the manipulative and absolutely corrupt business sense of cunning Kothar and its CEO...

Al Zulfiqar

Re: Ziarat has become an expensive affair

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:38 pm

""Kothar has made a business out of these shrines.""

aareef,

how many times do you have to be reminded that the kothar is not about religion? it is a purely commercial business entity and the taheris are its employees who work for free and on top of it, pay the management fees to work there!

even the food that the taheris eat at communal gatherings is paid for by themselves and yet they dedicate it to the syedna, thinking it is he who provides it for them! the masjids, markaz's, everything is built from community's money, yet the syedna takes credit, inspite of him not contributing even a penny from his billions!

they clothes the taheris wear are made with their own money and yet they say that, 'aqa maula ye apne farishta no libaas pehnayo'...

now where on this planet can u find a more gullible and blind community than this and a more clever scam perpetrated on them?

please stop expressing any more surprise at any new disgusting facts you discover. what is there to be surprised about? its your mistaken belief that the syedna and his rascal family have something remotely to do with religion which is the crux of your disbelief and your constantly getting surprised... once you accept that the kothar is full of the worst type of criminals from top to bottom, then you will mentally be more at peace.

kaagaz ke phoolon se khushboo ki ummeed rakhte ho??? patthar se aansoo nikalne ki khwahish kartey ho?

Aarif

Unread post by Aarif » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:44 pm

Hey Jai Aunty and other animals. How do you interpret this??? I was expecting some replies from suckers like you on this post of mine. Now you see and even I see why this coterie full of evil men is ruling you.. You both deserve each other.. As AZ mentions Ali baba and chalis chor...

jayanti

Unread post by jayanti » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:56 am

I though that you dont like to eat in name of aqa maula food,jamaatkhana,any thing belong to his name. so what the hell you was doing in jamaatkhana.you should rent a room in motel. If i would be in your shoe i wont go to jamaatkhana.u must be wearing saya,kurta n topic ;) .by the way the rent is Rs 750.00 per day.

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:04 am

""I though that you dont like to eat in name of aqa maula food,jamaatkhana,any thing belong to his name."

this is getting hilarious... !!

ganesh, would you like to eat anything in the name of narendra modi or bal thackeray, esp when it is yr own food and yr own property, purchased with yr own money, and yet they have forcibly put it in their name?

like_minded

Unread post by like_minded » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:21 am

The stupid and baseless arguments/replies by these bunch of jokers (abde-syednas) clearly proves their lack of understanding and logic, They simply do not want to accept the fact that they are being taken for a ride by their shafiq bawa and his goon family, because accepting it would make them bigger suckers.

Recently, I had an argument with one such sucker, The issue was the general corruption in the system at local level, When I pointed out certain facts, our man was seeing stars!! I mean, he very well knew I was right, I could make out, but accepting it would hurt is ego... So, he kept arguing just for the sake of it, knowing very well he had lost.

jayanti

Unread post by jayanti » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:26 pm

OK dont cry be happy, you win and we loose. ;)

Aarif

Unread post by Aarif » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:58 pm

by the way the rent is Rs 750.00 per day.
Jai Aunty,

This might be the rent of chalu room where u would go and stay. I was talking about the most expensive one where I stayed...

To answer your other questions, I had gone with my parents to Galiyakot. Unfortunately they wanted to stay in the Five star musafir khaana as opposed to hotel so I had to respect their views. And as far as ziarat is concerned it is of a very honest and noble dai called Fakhruddin Sahid and he has nothing to do with your corrupt and greedy good for nothing dai.. Also, one has to wear saaya and other funny stuff because this roza is under the control of your syedna. If it would not have been in his control I would never have wore them... Hope this answers your questions...

Kaka Akela

Unread post by Kaka Akela » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:26 pm

"Areef:

And as far as ziarat is concerned it is of a very honest and noble dai called Fakhruddin Sahid."

Areef, I am shocked that you went to ziarat all the way to Galiyakote incurring a lot of expenses and living in an expensive room there, and travelled with your father, mother, sister etc and nobody told you that that he was not a Dai, he is a syedi and not a syedna. He was basically an Aamil under the raza of wali of India at the time. He was traveling with some money(not a whole lot) collected from mumeneen of their zakaat etc. During the night the bheels of that area killed him to loot his money, Descendants of the same bheels now come begging to his darga for shifa from ill-spirits. So, please when you get on public forum get your facts straight before bragging about how much more you paid for the room
or how much is your hoob etc.

Aarif

Unread post by Aarif » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:38 pm

KA,

Thanks for the info. Isn't it ironical and silly that we go by the titles. Even I know his story. Yes he was an adivaasi bhil. His name was Bharmal. But before he died he converted himself into a dawoodi bohra and many other bhils. For the service that he has done to the community his importance is no less then a dai for the bohras. In fact the major revenue that your syedna makes is out of those bohras flourishing in middle east who are basically from banswaara, saagwaara, partapur etc. This grt man layed down his life while preaching the religion. What has syedna who is a so-called dai has done so far??? And believe me if I have to choose between the ziarat of Syedna Taher Saifuddin and Fakhruddin sahid I will choose the ziarat of the later one. In fact I am from Mumbai but I have stopped going to Raudat-tu-tahira.. And even after reading your post I would still go to Galiyakot.. And believe me this is what all bohras would do.. Even though this man was not a dai by nass which is obvious since he was bhil he is much more then a dai by his character then syedna. And that is more important to me than any other crap of nass etc...

Hope now you get the point.

Aarif

Unread post by Aarif » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:41 pm

BTW: On more thing KA. In the reign of present syedna even an drug addict can get a title of mulla or sheikh if he money in his pocket...

So again come out of this title bull and respect the person instead of his title. Now don't tell me that you respect Fakhruddin sahid. Becos if you would have then you would not have called my trip a waste of time and money...

Kaka Akela

Unread post by Kaka Akela » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:55 pm

Areef:

thanks for a quick but a silly response.

1)He himself was not a bheel, as you mention. He was killed by bheels

2) his name was not Bharmal, as you mention. you are confusing with persons of later times.

In your anxiety to show-off as a smart person and to spew venom for current Dai and his father your ignorance about the religion that you profess to disown is showing glaringly.
Fakhruddin Shahid was a very pious and Godly man, so much so that even Doat that came after him do his ziarat after kissing the grounds of his burial place.
If you call yourself Bohra(of whatever color) please don't hate the Dai because he is the touchstone for all beliefs including the ziarat of Fakhruddin shahid. I also hate the corrupt and strong armed administrators under him but can not begin to call myself a Bohra while hating the Dai.
this is a digital world either on or off, similarly either you are a bohra or not a bohra it all depends on believing and loving the dai. you can hate any or all under him but not him,if you do then you are not a bohra period.

Aarif

Unread post by Aarif » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:05 pm

thanks for a quick but a silly response
KA,

You do not have to thank me if my response was silly. Only a idiot would do that...

BTW: Fakhruddin sahid was not a bohra and I have heard this from many people. He got converted into a bohra. This can be however debated as I said I have heard from people and don't know the exact historic facts for sure. But again you are changing the topic. First it was with the title. Now it is with something else. But honestly both the times you have failed miserably to make my trip to Galiyakot null and void. I would still go to Galiyakot instead of visiting the grave of the other DAI. Dai is capital becos that's all people like you care for isn't it???

Also, syedna is the boss of kothar. Now if you are saying that he is masoom and others serving him are villians you are an idiot... Because if I am the boss then I am responsible for the action of my men. If I cannot take the responsibility or control my men I cannot remain the boss.
You cannot eat the cake and have it too..

makberi

Unread post by makberi » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:09 pm

kaka akela,

at the expense of steering away from the topic, i dont understand how the love of the dai has become a basic tenet or a precondition to become a bohra. i think to become a ismaili musaatali bohra u shud have love for Allah, the Prophet and Ahlal bayt an recognition of the lineage of Imams to Imam tayyib ...who is in purdah.....beyond that a dai is a caretaker in the absence of the Imam....an individual who can make mistakes...Imam abdullah al mehdi is known to have killed one of his dais for treachery....Nizar (the Imam of Nizari Ismailis i.e. aga khani)was supported by one of the dais in those days....who u wud have to believe is wrong if ur a mustaali ismaili.....
so dais can make mistakes....n i dont think its a part of or beliefs to have "faith" in the dai....one must have faith in Allah.....

Kaka Akela

Unread post by Kaka Akela » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:11 pm

Areef:

Ok, you are very smart and I am very idiot as you say. You have very conclusively proved me to be an idiot.
Are you happy now

Aarif

Unread post by Aarif » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:13 pm

you can hate any or all under him but not him,if you do then you are not a bohra period.
Because of people with fundu logic like your's our community is in this state and syedna can continue to exploit it till eternity. WHY?? Becos he is DAI. He is always right. Remember that the DAI belongs to the community and the community is not the private property of the dai... But then people like u are stuck to that word more then the person and his deeds...

Aarif

Unread post by Aarif » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:16 pm

Makberi,

good post. I did not know the historic facts but you have put it very well. This is precisely I was trying to say in my last post..

Aarif

Unread post by Aarif » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:21 pm

KA,

The point was not to prove that you are an idiot and I am smart. Remember you started the argument. The point was to prove the importance of a person rather then his title or his past history. In case of Galiyakot both the title and past history is of no relevance. It is the greatness of that man and his deeds that people respect and not his title or who he was..

So if you have taken it otherwise I am sorry.. Let's move on..

Safiuddin

Unread post by Safiuddin » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:42 pm

you can hate any or all under him but not him,if you do then you are not a bohra period.
Akela Kaka,

Rather be a non-bohra than follow a money-stealing man who is not even a Muslim. Using traditions taken from the Mughal courts, Hindu culture, and demanding sajdaa, this person is hardly worthy of being called a man.
A self-respecting man doesn't take money from widows, poor, children, and the elderly. Religious leaders the world over don't take envelopes of cash for the privelege of a handshake.

Over and over again, you've witnessed how these hypocrites steal your money, take food from your children, humiliate your women, children, and elderly, and hugely profit from your contributions - yet you continue to wave the flag of "Burhanuddin Forever".
He builds masjids and schools with your money, and then asks you to pay more money for the privelege of praying there. Then takes credit for it.
The act of taking and demanding monetary salaam from the poor should be enough evidence to open your eyes. If your Baawa is indeed so shafiq, why doesn't he stop taking the money? Why not give back the envelopes, the cash, the gold ingots, etc. to the people who truly need them?

Why not take salaams khaali haat?

My conclusion is that Burhanuddin and his family have cleverly succeeded in convincing you and the rest of the gullible Bohris that Burhanuddin has a direct connection to a hidden god and a very long-hidden Imam. You believe that he talks with Imam Tayyab and God and that he will intercede on your behalf in this world and beyond.
You've made him infallible and untouchable (at least not without a namaazi rumaal in between). This whole cult gives you a sense of meaning, being, and purpose - sans which I truly feel that you would be without direction. While the kothaar are very clever at extricating your money from you, and make you believe that it all belongs to Burhanuddin, try and see if you can get them to believe that the reverse is true.

TUS himself says that he is the owner of all of your wealth and even your life. He places these comments quite conveniently and shrewdly in the midst of emotionally charged sermons - sermons that cleverly exploit the tragedy of Karbala to play on your emotions, and then when you're charged and crying, believing that you're a nothing, that's when he makes these statements.

Open your eyes and see that this cult and business has NOTHING to do with god, religion, spirituality, or even basic human kindness.

Kaka Akela

Unread post by Kaka Akela » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:44 pm

"makberi:
at the expense of steering away from the topic, i dont understand how the love of the dai has become a basic tenet or a precondition to become a bohra. i think to become a ismaili musaatali bohra u shud have love for Allah, the Prophet and Ahlal bayt an recognition of the lineage of Imams to Imam tayyib ...who is in purdah.....beyond that a dai is a caretaker in the absence of the Imam---"

Ok, the idiot is back:

So you say Imam Tayyib, who told you about Imam Tayyib, that he existed and now is in purdah???
I am sure it was a Dai. You would have never known about Imam Tayyib if you didn't believe in Dai. If you don't want to believe in Dai then your belief in Imam tayyib is not valid, then you would not have to believe each Imam before him. This goes on like a chain up to Allah. So that makes Dai the last link in the chain. You can not say I won't believe in the last link but I believe starting the 2 nd link of the chain which is Imam Tayyib who is in Purdah whom I have never seen. there are many sects within Shia, and they all don't believe in Imam Tayyib as the last Imam, and if you do then ask yourself how you knew of him and why you believe that his descedants exist today.
Everyone calls others idiot very readily and still comes to this site which by name is a Dawoodi Bohra and still takes the liberty to insult and demean the Dai then the name of this site should be changed to something else. We, the professed idiots and Dai lovers will stop coming here. Using the wrong name you are luring a lot of innocent souls and misguiding them and infusing in them the venom of hate towards the Dai, he is the soul in the Dawoodi Bohra religion. Areef said it very boldly that Dai is because of us, that is utterly wrong, we are because of Dai, Dai as a one person alone can remain as momin he doesn't need us, we need him and cling on to him in spite of all the cruel and corrupt in-between people

makberi

Unread post by makberi » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:02 pm

who tells a muslim abt prophet muhammed??....or who tells a christian abt jesus???.......there are many reasons y ppl believe in things....some mite follow a particular religion becuz their parents did so....some use logical deduction...some have faith based on personal experience......there is no doubt that one must recognize the efforts of the dais in keeping the dawat alive.....but havin faith in them is not a basic tenet to be a bohra.....
r u saying that u believe in Allah, the Prophet, the ahl lal bayt n so on...becuz the dai has told u so......if thats the case if he tells u tom to become a christian...wud u become one???

u also point out that becuz
Imam appoint Hurratul Maleka
Hurrat ul Maleka apoints first dai
first dai appoint second dai and so on.....as a Imam cant make a mistake ....he cudnt ahve appointed a wrong dai....
if we continue this chain....dai appoint local mulah......local mullah appoints jamaat commitee......so the jamaat commitee also cant be corrupt cuz they have been indirectly appointed by the Imam!!!!....now u urself recognize there is corruption in the system.....but how can this be possible if the dai is masoom

Aarif

Unread post by Aarif » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:21 pm

You would have never known about Imam Tayyib if you didn't believe in Dai.
I still do not know about Imam Tayyib though I am bohra. I use to religiously go to all the waez and darees etc. until a few years back when I realized that every waez is full of bayaan about the syedna, his father and his family. Even on the day of ashura bohras sing ghanu jeevo ghanu jeevo. Also, they say that the imam is in pardah. DO YOU AGREE WITH THIS?? IS THIS A FACT? DO U BELIEVE IN THIS?? If not how can you say that you know the truth about imam through Dai. Also, why is the Imam in pardah?? What is this pardah? Remember that except allah everyone is mortal. Even the prophet (pbuh) who was the founder of Islam was a mortal. So how is it possible for this imam to be still alive after so many years??? Can you explain all this??? Awaiting your reply..

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:28 pm

Kaka Akela,

you misrepresent facts. bohras have always had faith in their dai's and in the office or institution of a dai, in the same way that the americans belive in the office of a president or the british believe in the monarchy. but that doesnt mean they have to put up with a stupid moron as president or a corrupt, inept monarch. such persons can be removed but the institution carries on. this is succintly summed up in the british saying," the queen is dead, long live the queen".

whereas we respect the office of a dai and the spiritual duties it entails, that does not mean we have to put up with a corrupt syedna like the present one and his father or cannot criticise him. they absolutely do not confirm with the requirements of a dai as laid down in the daim-ul-islam and criticising their tyranny is not equivalent to hatred of a dai per se'. it is he who has to fear the wrath of Allah, the Rasool or his imams whom he claims to represents. it is he who must have love for his followers and his every action should be dictated by their benefit, not his. he is there to serve us, not us him! because of the arrogance, disdain and contempt that he and his rascal sons have for ordinary bohras, we are in this position today.

and yet you still wish to have love for this utterly corrupt man and his outright violations of our principles? love the office, not the man who occupies it and sullies it with his treachery.

Simpleton

Unread post by Simpleton » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:43 pm

Fact:
When we visited Galyakot a couple of years ago, we paid Rs 300/= per night per couple. Nothing wrong with that. Nobody forced us to pay hadiyo etc. We forgot to do salaam to the Aamil and we were not reminded about that too. So I think it is a nice set-up to go and do Ziyarat of all our Dai's just as we do Ziyarats of Pak Panjatans too in Kerbala, Cairo, Medina, Najaf etc.

To perform Ziyarat is an inherent part of our basic belief. We also perform Ziyarat of our own Grand Parents, Parents and other family members whenever we visit those cities, towns or villages where they have been buried.

Fiction:
Is there a real need to wear a "Saya" for men to do Ziyarat? I think not! Our traditional Izzar, Kurta and Topi would suffice, would it not?

Fact:
In Galyakot, all the food served is always donated by so many Mumins from all over the world, that it is absolutely mind boggling. Nothing wrong with that.

Fact:
We have ALL been converted about 800 years or so ago, so, in essence, the true Bohras are the House of Rasulullah (PBUH), and their descendants. The fact that we believe our Dai to be the defender and the upholder of the Faith is good enough.

Fact:
Yes, there is corruption, big time, in our Dawat and their Families. Yes, there is very little we can do about that, because it's an ever burgeoning family of about 400 or so that we have to maintain "at all costs" !!!

Fiction:
I wish we could draw a line and say, for example, that our Dai and his immediate family will the "only ones" to be supported by the 1 million or so Muminis, and that the rest of them will have to work either for our Jamaat (for pay) or work outside, like us, AND continue to follow our faith and religion. See how far that agrees with them? !!!

Fact:
Each and every Jamaat, all over the world, has so far "not been held accountable" for their deeds and their mis-deeds. When that happens, we will truly be a Community worth talking about!!!

Fact:
Can one honestly be a Bohra if he/she is poor?...with absolute faith but no money?

Answer that question, and see what happens !!!

Fact:
Even when you go for Haj these days, you have to do Salaam and obtain Raza for every ritual that you are about to perform during Haj, even though you have already been given Raza to perform Haj prior to your departure, and also given "Raza" to visit Allah's House in Mecca !!!

Fact:
Their will always be corruption in our Jamaats because we do not have a "Complaints" Dept., and nobody cares about you as long as they get their Raza's for Akikah, Misaq, Nikah, Daris, Mayyat etc.

Fact:
Do you really know the level of corruption in our London, UK, Jamaat? They would put the likes of Conrad Black and Exxon to shame !!!

Aarif

Unread post by Aarif » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:08 pm

If you don't want to believe in Dai then your belief in Imam tayyib is not valid, then you would not have to believe each Imam before him. This goes on like a chain up to Allah.
By your logic all the muslims other then dawoodi bohras are not muslims because they do not believe in Dai.. Try saying this elsewhere and you will have a tough time coming out alive in single piece...

Aarif

Unread post by Aarif » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:23 pm

Fact: Simpleton is a idiot.
Fiction: He believes that he is not. :D :D

Aarif

Unread post by Aarif » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:26 pm

Fact: Simpleton is a idiot.
Fiction: He believes that he is not. :D :D

Kaka Akela

Unread post by Kaka Akela » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:29 pm

"Areef:
By YOUR logic all the muslims other then dawoodi bohras are not muslims"

You are so smart to have done ziarat at great expense without even knowing whose ziarat you are doing other than his name, you called him a bheel, you called him a Dai, you called him bharmal. So what do I care if you question my logic. MY logic is mine and it doesn't belong to all the muslims other than dawoodi bohra. They are muslims based on THEIR logic. and you are smart based on your logic not mine.

Aarif

Unread post by Aarif » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:57 pm

You are so smart to have done ziarat at great expense without even knowing whose ziarat you are doing other than his name, you called him a bheel, you called him a Dai, you called him bharmal.
KA,

Now you are getting repetetive and boring. You have not provided any facts so far from any history book to prove your claims about Galiyakot. And honestly you yourself are quite ignorant about Fakhruddin sahid. In fact present syedna and his father were the ones who have always said to bohras that his "rutba" is equivalent to that of a dai. Also, they encourage every bohra to go to Galiyakot and the roza built for Fakhruddin shahid is as good as that of Syedna's father.. The primary reason for that is syedna's support for the same and amount of money that kothar makes through the gulla of Galiyakot. And I have cleary told you that even after knowing all that you have said (and IF AT ALL IT HAS ANY TRUTH IN IT) I will still go to Galiyakot and not to Raudat-ut-tahera. I know this is what you are against, but then that is the difference between you and me...

Your opinion that one who does not believe in the dai is not a muslim is a joke. The reason is that the current dai is the one who has brought in so many non-islamic practices which if continued at the same rate might soon make bohris as non-muslims. So before calling yourself a muslim you need to explain us what else you do apart from singing Ghanu jeevo which will make me believe that you are a muslim...

Also, I am still waiting for your answers on Imam Tayib and how my trip to Galiyakot did not make any sense just becos he is not a Dai and was not a bhil...

BTW: It looks like you and Simpleton are the same person ;)

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:33 pm

Only thing I understand about Fakhruddin sahebs mazar is that Kothar makes a lot of money out of it.Let us suppose this was a brave and noble person,who gave up his life for principle.He certainly became worthy in the eyes of his friends and wellwishers.
Mostly people go there because they think their prayers or wishes will come true.Does any one believe this is how Allahs system works?
Tell you guys a good one"When the christains beieve that their God (son) was killed by some jews.Wouldnt it make sense to pray to those jews who had the power to kill the God".
So when a good man dies or sacrificies his life,makes him the granter of wishes.
Religion generates a lot of cash for the degenerates.