Burhani Expo

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
neutralbohri

Burhani Expo

Unread post by neutralbohri » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:27 am

In continuation to the auspicious occasion of 97th Milad Mubarak of Aqa Moula (TUS) in Mumbai, Burhaniyah Business Counselling Centre (BBCC) has organized the 4th Mega International, Industrial and Trade Fair .
With Raza and Doa Mubarak of Aqa Maula (TUS) BBCC announces the Burhani Expo-2008 at World Trade Centre , Cuffe Parade, Mumbai from 10th Rajab -12th Rajab 1429H (12th July -14th July 2008) from 10am to 7 pm.
The main objective for organizing these Burhani Expos is to open a whole new world of business opportunities amongst mumineen across the globe.
Participation of Mumineen globally helps expand their horizons, discover their untapped potential, exchanging business views globally to forge new ties and promises a foundation for higher returns.
This Industrial and Trade Expo will showcase products and trends from nearly all the sectors of the economy to name a few - Paper, IT, Engineering, Jewellers, Realtors, Electricals, Textiles, Glass, Food & Beverages, etc.
With more than 200 exhibitors this premium event promises to be a marketing dream. Our second consecutive Mega Trade Fair in this year signifies the resounding success of our previous Burhani Expo-Dubai 1429H-2008 held at Madinat Jumeirah, Dubai

Hussain_KSA

Re: Burhani Expo

Unread post by Hussain_KSA » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:12 am

This is only for Bohras or other muslims can also participate? I mean is Raza necessary to get in?

Aarif

Unread post by Aarif » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:51 pm

I have a few questions too.

What is the entry procedure??

To gain entry does one require:
1) To wear Quami libaas i.e. Sayaa and Topi?
2) Does one need safai chithi or e-jamat card?
3) Does one need to a dhadhi?
The main objective for organizing these Burhani Expos is to open a whole new world of business opportunities amongst mumineen across the globe.
So that they can make lots of money and do khidmat of moula with that hard earned money. They can invite him for ziyafat and pay him hefty salaam...

Also, is there any stall in this fair giving info on how to organize a ziyafat? I guess they should have one. After all that is the biggest line of business of Syedna and his family.

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:00 pm

Bro. Hussain,

As far as I know, you have to be a taheri to participate as an exhibitor and obviously you must have raza and safai chitthi. As for visiting the expo, anyone can visit, I suppose.

The entire concept of having an expo, which can showcase the products, services or commercial activities of only one community is debatable, as is the goal of promoting inter-community networking and trade to lend support to each other. In terms of marketing value or advertising mileage, I fail to see how it would help achieve wider coverage and exposure of anyone's actvities. As a businessman, one always hopes to get the biggest bang for one's bucks. If this expo is only aimed at taheris, one would need more hard evidence to show how it affected anyone's business positively, if it did so at all.

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:06 pm

..."Also, is there any stall in this fair giving info on how to organize a ziyafat? I guess they should have one..."

you dont need stalls to provide info on how to get yrself robbed, looted, plundered and ravaged!

all u need is lots of vaseline and an iron will to bear pain...!

Aarif

Unread post by Aarif » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:03 pm

With more than 200 exhibitors this premium event promises to be a marketing dream.
This punch line forced me to ask the ziyafat question. Since, this is going to be a marketing dream I am sure Syedna and his family would also want to do some marketing of their business which is primarily ziyafat...

Danish

Unread post by Danish » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:28 am

Originally posted by Neutral Bohri:
Participation of Mumineen globally helps expand their horizons, discover their untapped potential, exchanging business views globally to forge new ties and promises a foundation for higher returns.
This Industrial and Trade Expo will showcase products and trends from nearly all the sectors of the economy to name a few - Paper, IT, Engineering, Jewellers, Realtors, Electricals, Textiles, Glass, Food & Beverages, etc.
Personally, I believe its an ideal business ethics; nothing wrong with that. However, what I disagree with is the following:

With Raza and Doa Mubarak of Aqa Maula (TUS) BBCC announces the Burhani Expo-2008 at World Trade Centre , Cuffe Parade, Mumbai from 10th Rajab -12th Rajab 1429H (12th July -14th July 2008) from 10am to 7 pm.

Aarif

Unread post by Aarif » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:42 pm

However, what I disagree with is the following:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
remember one thing that in bohris without raza you cannot even pee... :D

S. Insaf

Unread post by S. Insaf » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:12 pm

If these Expos are to open a whole new world of business opportunities amongst mumineen across the globe, then why not call it a Dawoodi Bohra Expo; especially when the products displayed are by Bohra manufacturers and not by Sayedna Burhanuddin and success of such Expos totally depends on the participation of Bohra manufacturers. Sayedna Saheb's contribution is nothing except Raza and Dua.

neutralbohri

Unread post by neutralbohri » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:57 pm

When a similar Expo was organized last year, people were forced to take part in it. What is not mentioned in the advertisement above is that there is a fee for putting up the stall.

I have personally heard people complaining of being forced to take part, and people have even heard the Aamil swearing on his subjects and warning them of dire consequences if the businessmen do not participate.

I personally do not have any problems with these kind of Expos but what is really to be seen is, how much does the businessmen gain from such an event. If they do gain a lot then its a great thing, really!!!

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:55 pm

would our kothar ever allow any participation for free??!!

it would have to be an extremely naive taheri who would expect that the fat shezaadas have suddenly become so charitable...! these shylocks do not spare widows or poverty stricken bohras from any payment, would they spare businessmen?!

Smart

Unread post by Smart » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:30 pm

Surprised to know that there is a Burhani Expo organised by Dawoodi Bohras

When did Burhanuddin become an exhibitionist and started exposing himself publicly?

truebohra

Unread post by truebohra » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:03 pm

dont u proggies have anything other than debating over the naming of expo. Whether its Burhani Expo or Dawoodi Bohra Expo will its importance decline? Another thread for ur tp. Mr Insaf u have revealed ur silly face behind the psuedo-intellectual mask by asking y it should not be named as Dawoodi Bohra Expo. Its fun to see few monkeys gathering togather and jumping and dancing over nonsensical issues and debate. Neutral, please dont show ur inert non active grey matter by levelleing baseless allegations.

Smart

Unread post by Smart » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:04 pm

@truebohra
How true a bohra(taheri) you are!
When you can't reason, you start calling names! This is a true taheri tradition!
Great work, keep it up!

Gulf

Unread post by Gulf » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:26 pm

progressives always dreaming for flying pigs