Have you paid your dues?

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.

Have you paid your dues?

Unread post by Guest » Wed Dec 20, 2000 12:52 pm

Asalaamu Aleikum:<br>I will come right to the point....The month of Ramadhan is comming to its end, and I guess every Bohra family would be hastily rushing to Khotar to pay their dues for this year.<br>I was just curious, if anyone know's the numbers or how much monies khotar will be collecting this year(from all over the world)? and were will they be spending on?. Because still there are so many bohra families in certain countries that need help. <br>Though through our personal and organization efforts we are trying our best in sending donations and charity to these families and others as well, but it is not enough.<br>On the other hand it seems that all this monies collected by Khotar has changed nothing, because it does not reach the downtrodden or people who really need the help.<p>In this mubarak month I would appeal to everyone to remember those who are not so fortunate and how they can be helped, before paying these huge sums to Khotar because<br> YOU ARE NOT HELPING THE NEEDY,BUT YOU ARE HELPING THE GREEDY. <p>Sallams,<p>Hyder.

Re: Have you paid your dues?

Unread post by Guest » Wed Dec 20, 2000 1:44 pm

Yes, if the purpose of sabil collection is to help the poor and needy and is not being used for the purpose for which it is collected then I plead to all,please do not waste your sabil and other so called drummed up wajebats on the local jamats. Rather do charrity yourself or send it to those in need. <br>For this purpose I request hyder to approach the administration to establish a local address in the united states,to make it convenient for people to make contributions.<br>