Replace your 'english-style' toilets?

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.

Replace your 'english-style' toilets?

Unread post by Guest » Sun May 06, 2001 8:26 am

<< Delivering the farmaan directly <br>from Aqa Maula (TUS) he (Sheikh Haider) said that Aqa Maula (TUS)has called upon every Mumin <br>to replace their 'english style toilets' in their homes with ones with which <br>Taharat can be observed and to accomplish this task before Aqa Maula leaves <br>the zameen of USA. During Sheikh Haider's speech Aqa maula (TUS) personally <br>emphasized from the kiblah that this farmaan was not only for the those <br>present here in Houston for Namaaz today but for all Mumineen living in<br>the USA. >><p><br>What kind of farman is this? Is there any Islamic basis to this? And if there is then is it really a priority?

Re: Replace your 'english-style' toilets?

Unread post by Guest » Sun May 06, 2001 8:40 pm

<br>Another pathetic "fatwa" from Burhanuddin to brainwashed bohri cult.

Unread post by Guest » Mon May 07, 2001 2:40 pm

Assalamu alaykum,<br>I live in the US and if you ever sat on a toilet you'd know there is a 50/50 chance of the water splashing on you. And unless you use you bathtub to wash yourself after, you are still unclean and the clothes you put on will be unclean. Believe me, toilet paper alone doesn't do the trick. It was taught by the Prophet (saws) to wash ourselves with water after relieving ourselves. The squatting toilet is about the only way you can do that. This is of course if you physically able to support yourself squatting. This is why they are used throughout the middle east, sub continent, and asia.

Unread post by Guest » Mon May 07, 2001 3:30 pm

<< ... if you ever sat on a toilet you'd know there is a 50/50 chance of the water splashing on you. >><p>I don't think you know how to use the toilet.<p>One is able to wash himself after using an English-style toilet too.<p>With squat-style toilets some people make the whole place wet!

Unread post by Guest » Mon May 07, 2001 5:27 pm

Br. Muslim,<br>Was that sarcasm or just an ignorant comment. If you had read beyond the first line you would have seen the bath tub washing part. In addition, whether you urinate in a urinal or a toilet or sit on toilet..the water splashes on you, even if just a little (unless your stool and urine have learned to defy the action/reaction theory or are weightless). <br>Secondly, making the place wet and wearing slippers to keep yourself clean are to different things. Remember the statement of Maulana was for our homes.

Unread post by Guest » Mon May 07, 2001 9:02 pm

Rasulullah's sunnah is to do istinja i.e. wash using water, as you mentioned.<p>Now a person can do istinja after using an English-style toilet WITHOUT HAVING TO USE A BATHTUB. If you are splashing about everywhere, then as I said, maybe you just don't know how to use the toilet properly or you are not used to it!<p>If you don't think its practical to be clean after using English-style toilet (and I accept that people have different preferences), then fair enough, you change your toilet as a personal preference. You don't RELIGOUSLY IMPOSE it on everyone else to make an unnecessary expense to change their toilet structure.<p>Because quite frankly, I don't see any Islamic basis for it. For example, did the Prophet say:<p>1- do istinja - YES<br>2- only use squat-style toilet - NO<p>No. 1 does not necessarily imply No. 2 !<br>

Unread post by Guest » Mon May 07, 2001 9:17 pm

Please Br. Muslim,<br>Explain to me how one can wash one's self with water after relieving oneself on an English toilet. This has nothing to do with if "I feel" clean. How one do this without a bath tub or without using a lota in a squatting toilet? If you have a better method than the squatting toilet please describe. So far the middle east and Asia haven't found one.

Unread post by Guest » Mon May 07, 2001 9:45 pm

Use water supply via a flexible pipe or you can use a 'lota' as well!<p>Adds a whole new dimension to "Bohras and Reform" :-)

Unread post by Guest » Mon May 07, 2001 11:28 pm

Have we become so stupid that we now need spiritual guidance on how to shit. Do our leaders have nothing better to do. Use your brains. Allah has given it to all of us. The key is cleanliness and if you use the english toilet with a source of water supply it is not only as clean as the squatting toilet but even better and a lot more comfortable and less smelly. You can also do a lot of reading in the toilet. Let's move on from this nonsense subject.

Unread post by Guest » Tue May 08, 2001 1:10 am

I totally agree.

Unread post by Guest » Tue May 08, 2001 3:06 am

The issue here is not Taharat or what type of Toilet one should use. The issue is the FARMAN, ORDER that has to be obeyed and has to be obeyed without any questions or reasoning !!!

Unread post by Guest » Tue May 08, 2001 9:53 am

That's what following sunnah is all about. <br>I am surprised that carrying stones were not mentioned in case there is no water. When no water - use stones(i forget the numbers & specific size).

Unread post by Guest » Tue May 08, 2001 1:20 pm

Actually the issue is taharat and how one can maintain taharat after using the toilet. The modification of adding piping and other things is not the typical english toilet where you would only use toilet paper. This was the issued addressed by Maulana. The farman says to find other methods other than the "english style toilet" which could be modified toilets or other methods of washing yourself.<p>Observer is right in getting off this type of issue but the intent of the farman should be recognized.<br>

Unread post by Guest » Tue May 08, 2001 8:27 pm

Dear All<p>Possibilites<p>1)Maybe kothar has started a new business of supplying toilets or has WAQF some loyal momin's business and this is a good way commencing a new venture aspecially in american dollars.<p>2) A good way of frightening american and worldwide bohris and making them feel guilty and then offering them to take misak as a solution and thereby earn heaps.<p>Goodness this is the height of stupidity.

Unread post by Guest » Tue May 08, 2001 9:00 pm

SYEDNA MOHAMMED BURHANNUDIN ZINDABAD!!!!!!!!!!!

Unread post by Guest » Wed May 09, 2001 2:31 pm

I live in the US too, and when I was in Pakistan, I had both kind of commodes in my house. Since I have been using both kinds from a long time, I find it very easy to wash myself on either one without making myself wet at other places. I believe this has more to do with what one is used to. I know many Bohris who have been using English style seats from their childhood and they find it impossible to use the other one.<p>As for Islam or Prophet(sm), there are a few things that he explicitly asked us to do, many others that he did but were not commanded. One should try to draw the line between the two and should try to realize that that which was not explicitly commanded was probably also done by Muhammad(sm) because of socio-economic constraints. Bath seats, for one, were not prevalent nor even "invented" at that time. However, Muhammad(sm) did not ask us to explicitly use any kind of washroom seat. However, what he said about cleanliness is a fundamental belief and must be observed in whatsoever way necessary.<p>Regards,<br>Musalmaan

Unread post by Guest » Thu May 10, 2001 9:12 pm

Even in english style toilets, a seperate water line with a flexible pipe is already provided to clean yourself. Many toilets in the middle east are like that. Even here in the states many posh homes have a bidae. i.e a urination place for women to sit and urinate and then by pressing a foot pedal a sprinkle of water cleans the area. <br>I think it is far too much to ask people to change their toilet bowls,specially here in the states. In india and pakistan most of the aged two mithas two kharas people have such a fat tummy that it is impossible for them to sit in that position and are converting to english style bathrooms. <br>I think the next farman for the fanatics would be to use soap 101 instead of any perfumed soap. or another one, if the water has chemicals and is not a clean stream water then keep a stone or a bag of sand in the toilet and rub your self and of course by making that fatwa religiously they will have a feet to stand on.

Unread post by Guest » Sat May 12, 2001 4:03 am

A Farmaan, is like an order. Do not argue. People are asking us if its true that the Eastern toilets provide better taharat then western. Why even ask such questions. There is always hikmat in any farmaan. Place your orders for eastern toilets...first 100 clients will get them for free<p><p>********************************************* <br>** FARMAN OF AQA MOULA (T.U.S)** <br>********************************************* <br>Aqa Moula (T.U.S) has called upon every Mumin to <br>replace their "English-style toilets" in their homes with <br>Indian-style toilets in which 'TAHARAT' can be observed <br>and to complete this farman before Aqa Moula (T.U.S) <br>leaves North America. <p><br>Aqa Maula (TUS) in Jumaa' Vasila on Friday May 4,2001 <br>announced that Sheikh Haider would deliver a farmaan <br>on 'TAHARAT' to all Mumineen on His (TUS) behalf. <br>Sheikh Haider said that he had heard Aqa Maula (TUS) <br>stress on several occasions the importance of 'TAHARAT'. <br>"Lack of TAHARAT affects us in several ways including <br>Jaan, Sehat and Rozi" he said referring to bayaans he <br>had heard from Aqa Maula (TUS) in the past. <p>Delivering the farmaan directly from Aqa Maula (TUS), he <br>said that Aqa Maula (TUS)has called upon every Mumin to <br>replace their 'english style toilets' in their homes with ones <br>with which 'TAHARAT can be observed and to accomplish <br>this task before Aqa Maula leaves the zameen of America. <br>During Sheikh Haider's speech Aqa maula (TUS) personally <br>emphasized from the kiblah that this farmaan was not only <br>for those present here in Houston for Namaaz today but for <br>all Mumineen living in North America. Sheikh Haider said <br>that Aqa Maula (TUS) has urged all Amils, Moallims and <br>Jamaat Ayaan to lead by example and then instructed the <br>individual Jamaats that the farmaan should be carried out <br>immediately. <p>This is a call for all mumineen residing in Canada. It is critical <br>that we carry out this farman immediately and earn the khushi <br>of our Bawa Shafiq. Mumineen are urged to begin work today <br>on making the necessary changes in their homes. May our <br>beloved Aqa Moula (T.U.S) grant us the Tawfiq to fulfill farman <br>in full. In Houston, multiple containers of toilets are being <br>placed on order. <p>Anjumane Najmi <br>

Unread post by Guest » Sat May 12, 2001 4:55 am

Ooh.. so it is you who is making the big dough here. <p>I can't believe how pathetic you orthos have become. I don't think you need to change the toilet’s in your homes, its the screws in your head that need to be replaced.<p>Cut this B.S. crap about farmans and dais word etc. Tell me frankly how much you and your khotari chamchas are making by milking thousands of peoples to buy these toilets?. As you said you are importing container loads, so must be a good business? how much commission your dai or his family is getting?<br> <br>

Unread post by Guest » Sat May 12, 2001 11:21 am

surprized. People use these words like "farman" tofool the public. Farman in no sense means an order. Some mumineen in canada have made a little extra money in the past and that canadian dollar has gone through their head and blocked their rational thinking. For some it is alright to drink beer, smoke cigarettes and eat ham sandwiches and meat from the regular grocery without zibah, but now a sudden importance on cleanliness. By paying all this importance to the dai they forget their responsibility towards Allah. I say cleanse your souls first and last for that is what will get you jannat and not how you sat on the throne.<br>As I sdaid earlier, the object is cleanliness. If you feel it is more clean to first wipe you ass with paper and then do istinja with water, so much the better. <br>If you know how to sit and use the english style toilet, there is no splashing at all.<br>I say, go with the scientific advancement. Be easy on your selves. If you have a desi style cammode convert it to an english style and enjoy the luxury of ease and cleanliness with no pain and aches on your ankles.

Unread post by Guest » Sat May 12, 2001 3:56 pm

<br>Enough of this crap about replacement of 'English-style' toilets.Why the hell Burhanuddin thought of this topic all of a sudden at this age and time? I think and mostly everybody agrees that 'English-style' toilets are the best way to clean yourself.We all have been using them for so many years in the western world.<p>If Burhanuddin and his idiotic kothar have problem in cleaning their shits in western world, they better go back to their own country where they belongs. But again they wanna stick their ass here for mighty Benjamins.

Unread post by Guest » Sun May 13, 2001 6:38 am

I simple cant keep myself interested with bohra 'religious' issues :)))

Unread post by Guest » Sun May 13, 2001 11:53 am

Be aware of the fact that the dai is a puppet at the hands of his close advisors. It is the advisors that ask the dai to say such and such. The dai is least concerned about how you cleanse yourself. The job of the dai is to show you the path of sirat e mustakim. He has some ignorant advisors that are playing the field and asking the dai to give such and such farman just to gain more power. Many a times I have witnessed the front chamchas will give all these humbug fatwas to a mumin but when it reaches the dai his views are completely different from the so called bhaisahebs and shezadabhaisahebs. I know for a fact an incident in dubai when a mumin was standing in line for deedar and when the dai passed him he at that momemt asked the dai if he woould take his young daughters misaak. On hearing this request the chamchas pounced on him. "tamara se em kem kavai" ' PACHAL HATO" PACHAL HATO" the Dai saw this ignorance, stopped and asked for the mumin to come close and said that he would take his daughters misaak. <br>Remember the dai is led by his fanatic and ignorant close advisors whose only aim is to collect money. They are the ones who guage the occasion and circumstances and then ask the dai to say such and such a thing or comment in such and such a way.<br>These bad apples need to be stopped before our culture goes down. Fifty percent is already down. Even in the royal family some of the new generation do not go along with their dad the shezada saheb. With education they are coming to find out how their dads are fooling the mumineen. The new generation isalways overwhelmed when they see their dads giving away thousands in salam and raza etc. while he is strugling in life, in school or college. His allowance is restricted to a bare minimum but here the shezada is given a buch of money in salams. The young generation is fed up of this ignorance. Uf Allah has given you wealth ,then first spend on your self and see first hand the grace of Allah instead of passing your hard earned money to some mulla and shezada to enjoy.

Unread post by Guest » Sun May 13, 2001 3:58 pm

Please somebody explain this to me.<p>As per the Farman from the DAI If someone doesnt change his Western type Toilet, does it mean that he will be committing A SIN every time he visits the Toilet.

Unread post by Guest » Mon May 14, 2001 12:23 am

cleansing your soul will get you into jannat not how you cleanse your ass.

Unread post by Guest » Tue May 15, 2001 5:47 pm

I wonder if the fat mullas and bheinsahabs can even squat on the indian toilets themselves! Why end at shitters? Why not also say that since there were no cars or airplanes in the 7th century, Bohris shouldnt use them either? Lets all become Amish!

Unread post by Guest » Wed May 16, 2001 8:14 pm

Quick Leg Work: Publisher: RealAge<p>Even if you're short on time, you can still get a total lower body workout with a couple sets of simple squats each day. <br>Squats work the muscles that protect not only your knees, but also your hips and ankles. Proper form is key. Start with feet shoulder-width apart. As you slowly bend your knees and lower your buttocks, your thighs should drop no lower than parallel to the ground and your knees should not extend beyond your toes. Repeat 8 to 12 times for each set. <p>RealAge Benefit: Strength training can make your RealAge 1 year younger. <p><br>