Uniform Civil Code in India

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
barwani

Uniform Civil Code in India

Unread post by barwani » Tue Jan 07, 2003 4:29 pm

I was wondering what people thought about having a uniform civil code in India.

I think it’s necessary as a first step to quell the resentment towards Muslims. Why should Muslims have different laws than other people in the country.. I think it's absurd.

Would like to hear what others think.

sh

Muslim First

Re: Uniform Civil Code in India

Unread post by Muslim First » Tue Jan 07, 2003 5:30 pm

Br. barwani

Are you sure personal civil code is only for Muslims?

I believe Hindu's are permitted their own and Sikh's have their own.

I do not have problem if they had Uniform civil code.

What is the sense in arguing except dumping on Muslims.

Wasalaam

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Wed Jan 08, 2003 3:36 am

A country cannot have uniform civil code and at the same time say that it provides for religious freedom. It can declare itself a communist state and implement uniform civil code.

nausicaa

Unread post by nausicaa » Tue Jan 14, 2003 9:42 pm

The cry for uniform civil code is just a smokescreen for saying muslims are pampered. All religions have their own civil codes in India. If tomorrow a uniform civil code is applied, the VHP will just find something else to beat the muslims with.

-N

barwani

Unread post by barwani » Tue Jan 14, 2003 10:59 pm

Br. Anajmi,

The USA has a uniform Civil Code. And from what I've experienced ... There is much more religious freedom here than I've seen in India.

sh

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Wed Jan 15, 2003 11:15 am

Barwani

Yes there absolute freedom of religion in US of A.

Go to a judge and tell him you divorced your wife as per Islamic Shariha or a muslim dies without a will then you want to divide his property as per Quranic Instructions.

Yes but there is way out to include Islamic concept in civilized society.

Prepare Marriage contrat (Whic includes divorce settlement) and prepare your will beforehand and in this case you may divide your wealth any way you want.

Havidng Uniform civil Code will not solve Hindu- Muslim Problem.

Likes of MOdy and Tagodia are bent on climbing to power over dead bodies of Muslims.

You should read their speeches. Latest I read was that Mody pointed out in speech that detanees of Godra Mess were supplied food from 5 star Hotel and left evrybody guessing who was paying for it. Come on now. Can CM of the state can not find out who is paying the bill?

Muslims of India need to get educated and go in trades to develope there on economy and help each other.

They need to follow Bohra example (ofcourse no Kothar) of small businesses.

Wasalaam

barwani

Unread post by barwani » Wed Jan 15, 2003 3:39 pm

Brother Muslim First,

Yes there absolute freedom of religion in US of A.

Go to a judge and tell him you divorced your wife as per Islamic Shariha or a muslim dies without a will then you want to divide his property as per Quranic Instructions.

Yes but there is way out to include Islamic concept in civilized society.

Prepare Marriage contrat (Whic includes divorce settlement) and prepare your will beforehand and in this case you may divide your wealth any way you want.

Yes, thank you for pointing it out. I think this would be fair for everyone.

Havidng Uniform civil Code will not solve Hindu- Muslim Problem.

Likes of MOdy and Tagodia are bent on climbing to power over dead bodies of Muslims.

You should read their speeches. Latest I read was that Mody pointed out in speech that detanees of Godra Mess were supplied food from 5 star Hotel and left evrybody guessing who was paying for it. Come on now. Can CM of the state can not find out who is paying the bill?

Muslims of India need to get educated and go in trades to develope there on economy and help each other.

They need to follow Bohra example (ofcourse no Kothar) of small businesses.

I agree, that it won’t solve the “Muslim problem” ...but as you pointed out.. “there is a way out to include Islamic concept in civilized society.” Indian Muslims need a good leader.. they need more people like Maulana Wahiduddin Khan – and some political leaders who’ll address real development.

sh

qutub_mamajiwala

Unread post by qutub_mamajiwala » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:53 am

Ecellent article from different perspective regarding uniform civil code.
why it is NOT required and how present stalemate can be solved.

https://swarajyamag.com/amp/story/magaz ... civil-code

Why We Don’t Need The Uniform Civil Code
By Madhu Purnima Kishwar

https://swarajyamag.com/amp/story/magaz ... civil-code

AgnosticIndian

Unread post by AgnosticIndian » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:39 pm

Uniform Civil Code should be implemented. One country, one law. All other modern democratic & progessive nations have one law giving equal rights to all. India should be among those. Discrimination of none, appeasement of none.