Is it ok to eat Hindu food

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
SBM

Is it ok to eat Hindu food

Unread post by SBM » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:48 pm

In Majalis they tell you not to eat cooking by Hindus but look at this.

PUJA SWEETS AND SHEZADA WHAT A HYPOCRISY?

http://www.zeninfosys.net/biladphotos/1 ... C_0080.jpg

Above Average Bohra

Re: Is it ok to eat Hindu food

Unread post by Above Average Bohra » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:12 am

omabharti,

Actually it is PUJA Sheets & Mattresses and not PUJA Sweets.

However, it is ok to eat Hindu cooking, just not meat that is slaughtered by them. If meat is slaughtered as per Islamic tradition, then it can be eaten even if prepared by a Hindu.

profrog

Unread post by profrog » Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:26 am

you are fine one talking about hypocracy with a name like yours and admiting to paying sabil and jamaat dues and eating bohra food in our masjid,after that you talking about hypocracy is like a prostitute talking about virginty.

and for the recrod its not puja food but a company called puja matress which is there

Gulf

Unread post by Gulf » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:38 am

omawhatever,

its time for you to join your original party BJP.... you got mad now.. that is puja sheets and mattress and not puja sweets.... above AB good guess

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:56 am

Even vegetarian food which is result of religious offering (Praswad) is Haraam.

So Hidu Niaz Jaaman is Haraam.

JC

Unread post by JC » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:17 pm

Taheris can EAT anything they like - only conditions is raza from kothar ...... thats it!!

Look at these diczadas - they EAT so much and even do not take 'dakar' ........ they are hungry for all types of food, money, power, pomp and show, land, property, others self respect ..... and on and on ......

accountability

Unread post by accountability » Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:14 pm

anajmi: you have changed, we can hang together. ;)

Humsafar

Unread post by Humsafar » Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:16 pm

Originally posted by Muslim First:
Even vegetarian food which is result of religious offering (Praswad) is Haraam.

So Hidu Niaz Jaaman is Haraam.
With this kind of mentality, why should anyone be surprised when Hindus tell Indian Muslims to go to Pakistan?

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:10 pm

accty,

Fortunately, I haven't, I have never said that food prepared by Hindus cannot be eaten. I have a lot of hindu friends and have eaten at their houses many times. If they offer me prasad at their house, I will eat it, however I won't enter their mandir and eat prasad from a pandit. When my Hindu friends come over to our house, those that eat meat, have no issues eating halaal food.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:12 pm

I would also like to mention, that I have offered namaaz at some of my Hindu friends' homes and they never had a problem with it.

mumineen

Unread post by mumineen » Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:39 pm

If we remember our Bohri Misaqs, long long time ago, one of the things we "n'aamd"(committed/"oathed") was that we would not eat or consume food like 'prasaad" offered to idols/moortis!

Do idols/moortis eat or consume food?- go figure!

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:41 pm

Today Huzurala Tus meets Gujarat State Ministers

Home Minister Mr. Amit Shah

Revenue Minister Smt. Anandiben Patel

Speaker of Gujarat Assembly GOOD COMBINATION,HOME MINISTER,REVENUE MINISTER AND SPEAKER
teen bunder to watch all the wealth amazed by kothar in Gujrat.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:46 pm

Quote:
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
you are fine one talking about hypocracy with a name like yours and admiting to paying sabil and jamaat dues and eating bohra food in our masjid,after that you talking about hypocracy is like a prostitute talking about virginty.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
BUT I AM NOT DAI AND GIVING LECTURES AS FAR AS MY NAME IT IS BETTER THAN PRO-PIG(dukkar in lissan e dawat)I stop eating BOHRA FOOD at the Majaalis, I leave before food is served (so as to avoid German therapy later on in life)
Since Kotharis can shake hands with Murderer Modi then with name like mine you might be doing my Qadamboosi. Seems Kothar likes to kiss people with HINDU NAMES. atleast I am not ABDE OMABHARTI

Hussain_KSA

Unread post by Hussain_KSA » Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:50 am

Originally posted by anajmi:
accty,

Fortunately, I haven't, I have never said that food prepared by Hindus cannot be eaten. I have a lot of hindu friends and have eaten at their houses many times. If they offer me prasad at their house, I will eat it, however I won't enter their mandir and eat prasad from a pandit. When my Hindu friends come over to our house, those that eat meat, have no issues eating halaal food.
I agree with brother A Najmi. Everything depends on niyyat.
I think your above post statment is good enough to prove that you are not wahabi ;)

accountability

Unread post by accountability » Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:15 pm

He has again converted to main stream islam.

Above Average Bohra

Unread post by Above Average Bohra » Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:51 pm

accty,

I was a bohra, then converted to wahhabi, then couldn't stand the truth and converted to Above Average Bohra, then changed so we could hang together, then I was able to stand the truth and converted back to anajmi and then I again converted to mainstream Islam!!

This is what happens to people who are left with no real talking points!!

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:53 pm

oops, different computer, forgot to first logout. Now, accty will say that I can't stand the truth for one post in a different computer and then was able to stand the truth in the next post from the next computer. ;)

pardesi

Unread post by pardesi » Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:08 pm

Originally posted by anajmi:
I would also like to mention, that I have offered namaaz at some of my Hindu friends' homes and they never had a problem with it.
Anajmi, would you have a problem with your hindu friends if they did puja of their gods at your house?

Besides, I like the change in your tone, atleast for now. I know it will change just as soon ;)

accountability

Unread post by accountability » Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:28 pm

you snatched the word from my mouth. Anajmi, shall you allow a hindu to do pooja in your house.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:18 pm

If a hindu were to miss his mandatory puja because he was visiting me or because I invited him over, I will certainly let him do what he needs to do. Fortunately, the hindus have no such requirement. If a Hindu is either an Ismaili or accty in disguise, trying to perform puja just to get back at me, I will kick them out of my house. When I was a bachelor, I had hindu roommates and we did namaaz and puja in the same house.

I am sure that wasn't the answer you guys were expecting, but I am glad to dissappoint you. ;)

accountability

Unread post by accountability » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:13 pm

Actually I was expecting, you would say yes. Because as far as I know you from this forum. You are compassionate.

Even if you ask them to perform puja, they wouldn't, because they need moorti to do puja, which you would not have it at your home.

Sajid Zafar

Unread post by Sajid Zafar » Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:27 pm

Do we follow our religion in a way it is described in Quran and Sunnah in our daily life?

Can one interact socially with other communities by putting such pre-cursers?

Are the doors of “Toba” are not open?

I fail to understand fuss all about this food issue.

pardesi

Unread post by pardesi » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:22 pm

Its all about an individual's understanding or misunderstanding thereof. Look at the following quotes from the two bigots - totally contrary yet they never got into each other's face - Bedbuddies, I guess.

posted by MF:

"Even vegetarian food which is result of religious offering (Praswad) is Haraam."

posted by anajmi:

"...I have a lot of hindu friends and have eaten at their houses many times. If they offer me prasad at their house, I will eat it,...."

Sorry MF, but I have to agree with Anajmi on this one, as much as I would hate to ;) ). Prasad is prasad for the one that believes in it being prasad, not for others who just think of it as food and eat and do shukr to Allah! Refusing food would be thanklessness and rude.

A beggar would accept money without questioning whether it was out of some religious duty of a hindu. Now think if that beggar was a muslim!
Some of the muslim (mullah's and sundry) here and in UK live on government handouts like money and food stamps. Would that also be haram if we subscribe to MF's theory? Although not a religious handout!

turbocanuck

Unread post by turbocanuck » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:52 am

Originally posted by pardesi:
Its all about an individual's understanding or misunderstanding thereof. Look at the following quotes from the two bigots - totally contrary yet they never got into each other's face - Bedbuddies, I guess.

Now think if that beggar was a muslim!
Some of the muslim (mullah's and sundry) here and in UK live on government handouts like money and food stamps. Would that also be haram if we subscribe to MF's theory? Although not a religious handout!
Are you kidding me Pardesi? these so-called epitome of honour hypocrites wouldnt let go a free ride.look at the welfare rolls in UK. they are full of free loaders who subscribe to the Bigoted variety. ;)

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:19 pm

but I have to agree with Anajmi on this one, as much as I would hate to
Now that is the true definition of a bigot. Your buddy tripplehorn falls into the same category!!

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:29 pm

Br. Pardesi

I know you Ismailis (Islamzed Hindus) are big on Niaz and Juro (Prasad)

Here is my reasoning for not eating Prasad from any other sources

From: http://www.witness-pioneer.org/vil/Book ... 2s1pre.htm

That Which Is Dedicated to Anyone Other Than Allah
The fourth prohibited category refers to an animal which is dedicated to anyone other than Allah, that is to say, one which is slaughtered with the invocation of a name other than the name of Allah—for example, the name of an idol. When slaughtering an animal, the Arab polytheists would invoke the names of their idols, such as al-Lat or al-Uzza. Such a practice is a devotional act addressed to someone other than Allah and is a form of worship in which His glorious name is not mentioned. In this case the reason for the prohibition is entirely related to faith: to safeguard the belief in the Oneness of Allah, to purify worship, and to fight shirk and polytheism in whatever form they may be expressed.

Indeed, it is Allah who created man and gave him control over everything on the earth, subjecting the animal to his power and permitting him to take its life for food on the condition that His name be pronounced at the time of slaughter. Pronouncing the name of Allah while slaughtering the animal is a declaration that one is taking the life of this creature by the permission of its Creator, while if one invokes any other name, he has forfeited this permission and must be denied the use of its flesh.
Prasad enven though it is vegetarian is also "That Which Is Dedicated to Anyone Other Than Allah"

You might want to ponder the following: Q 2:208

yaa 'ayyuhaa 'alladhena 'aamano udkhulo fe as- silm kaaffah wa- laa tattabico khut.uwaat ash- shayt.aan 'inna -hu la- -kum cadow muben

Take care brother.

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:18 pm

Br. anajmi;

In reference to my above post, will you still eat Prasad? If yes Why?
Wasalaam

Pardesi;

Give me your interpretation of 2:208, Please.

Take care

porus

Unread post by porus » Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:04 pm

Originally posted by Muslim First:
You might want to ponder the following: Q 2:208
Brother Muslim First,

Did you mean ponder over 2:173? That would appear to be the context of your post.

And your transliteration is pretty awful!!

Also, would you include in your prohibition all meat that is not ritually slaughtered, even if no name of any other God is invoked?

This post highlights your bigotry. I will explain why if you are not too blinkered for the explanation. (summun, bukmun, umyun etc.)

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:31 pm

Br. Porus

You donot have to ponder on 2:208, you are beyond it.
And your transliteration is pretty awful!!
I copied it from a software but if you have better one then please post it.

Question was for Islamized Hindu.

Wasalaam

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:59 pm

porus,

Please explain. I am not too blinkered.

Now watch the tripplehorn run and hide.