earthquake

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.

earthquake

Unread post by Guest » Sun Feb 04, 2001 5:30 pm

The Earthquake was a clear sign from Allah(swt) that he will destroy people who do not follow his deen, and preform Shirk! <br>As we know is was the last day of the Hindus Shirk Festival, and Masallah Allah(swt) sent his Punishment to show them who is The Ruler of the heavens and earth. So lets not be sad by the Earthquake , let it be a reminded to all of us about Allah(swt) power. <br>And let us make Duwa that all the muslims who died (Bohras and Non Bohras) may Allah except them In to Paradise and except them as shahid(Martyrs) <br>

Re: earthquake

Unread post by Guest » Sun Feb 04, 2001 8:28 pm

What a stupid comment. Allah loves all his beings which he creates. It is scary to know that there are people who think like you in our midst. I have many hindu friends and they are exemplary people and I have a lot of respect for them.

Unread post by Guest » Sun Feb 04, 2001 11:30 pm

Ha Ha Ha! Stuoid Commebt i think not! Firstly if you have noticed Allah says in the quran that the only sin he will never forgive is Shirk(Associating Partners with Allah). And Allah(swt) has told not to take these people as our friends as, because if you your heart will merge like theres. <p>So you have respect for people who associate partners to Allah(swt), well what will happen on the day of judgemnet will you intercede for these people to Allah(swt) when he throws them in to the lowest levels of Hell for Shirk and Idol worshipping! <br>When Prophet Mohammed(saw) came with his message of Deen al Islam he never said to the idol worshippers i respect you , He told them they were doing wrong and they were wallking on the path to Hell. So how can we respect these people who challange Allah(swt)<p>Wake up and smell the relaity these people never will be and have never been our friends! these Hindus are the same people to support the massacre and Butcher of our brothers and rape of our sisters inKASHMIR! please dont tell me you can accept these people as your friends! <p>Allah says in the Quran " the disbeliviers will never be your friemds untill they have turned you away from the truth"<p>Yes Allah loves his creation but he also has given his creation the quide to live their lives , and if they abandon what Allah(swt) has said t o follow then Allah will destroy them and replace them with people who follow his law!!!<p>Hadith of the Prophet(saw) <br>"Allah(swt) will send clamity upon clamity on to his creation, and they will raise there hands in prayer in duwa and will Allah(swt) will not answer as they have left the rope Of Allah(swt)"<p>This hadith is a claer indication that if you do not Follow Allah then he will send his Punishment upon us!<p>So the relaity is it wasnt a stupd comment but an Islamic Observation.. <p>the cincern more is we have people like you who seem to love the Kuffar more themn the Muslims!!!!!<p>TIME TO WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE<p>

Unread post by Guest » Sun Feb 04, 2001 11:33 pm

PS. <br>also who do you think caused the Earthquake ??<br>What you think it was Mother Nature!!!<p>Allah(swt) sent the earthquake as a reminded to you and every one else who hears of it that how weak we are without Allah(swt) protection <p>

Unread post by Guest » Mon Feb 05, 2001 3:52 am

... god created world (there is no evidence, if there was one than the world was already there) in six day... 4004 years ago.. or whatever... Bible proved wrong, and that it is not written by god... kepler, copernicus, gallele... and 384 years later these jaahils still believes (half the world as word of god, which was suppose to be infallible... ha)... god exist not... so no book he wrote... <p>Sunday, January 28, 2001 1:48 PM... the mail (... too little too late) I sent to NDTV... (all the baboons at the Republic Day parade grounds didn't know what a calamity a quake of this magnitude and intensity causes... specially in the baboonland)... high time somebody ask these ugly jaahil fanatics to resign, or get cleared out...!!!<br> i do...<p><p>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br> <p>aey merey ahad ke jaahiloN... ke'h hi deta hooN... kissi ne tao kehna hey... aur kehna hey ta'ki sanad rahey...<br> <br>aasmaan pe dekha tao khuda nad'arad... saRak pe dekha, tao sarkaar nad'arad...<br> <br>that moron PM (ha ha) Mahajan... obsessed with press briefings... remember trax, crax... whatever he pronounced (English illiterate that he is).. 10% houses demolished 90% trax ... crax... bullshit... baboon that he is... and whatever the cabinet discussed that evening...??? this dhotidharari (swaNyam Sewak Atom Bomb Poet) had any clue to what a havoc it creates? <br> <br>monkeys on a bullockcart, 48 hours on we are as disorganized as ever... jaahils didn't learn from Latur... aerial survey 48 hours later... yuck... dumbheads don't we know the magnitude and the intensity scales... even this time round i sure must have known of all this delay n lack of coordination... could have suggested that all neighboring district should mobilized all heavy earth moving machines... right around noon... bound for the whole of kuthch and not just the Bhuj and Ahamdabad... blankets n medicine should have moved by afternoon on 26th... what a shame!!! we indeed are poorest and ugliest of all monkeys on this planet... our disaster management is disastrous and it all makes us looks so much jaahils.<br> <br>... but on the other hand this is what happens when u choose the assassins of a saint as rulers... my district had only 12 inches of rain instead of 40... nature's (God, heaven n hell all lies...) punishment... is it? or is it the Narmada valley tribal curse upon Gujrat...??? <br> <br>Last time round, this khaki knicker Keshu moron didn't knew nothing about cyclone that struck the coast of Kandla @ 150 kms per hour, and thousands of laborer washed away... i knew of that 30 hours in advance and yet like an impotent saakshi i kept watching that... shame on me... <br> <br>Women more organized more pragmatic... they should be in the driving seat...<br> <br> <br>just an angry nobody<br> <p>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<p>Immature and novice grandson of Jawahar's assasin are branded terrorist and banned, and the ban renewed regularly, periodically... but what happened to Mahatma's assasins, those terrorist are determining the future course of this so called great country, ... leading... :(( we won't be surprised if we see questions like... how many carsevaks did it take to take law in its own hand for demolishing (erasing the name of Babar from the pages of history) on in all crorpati shows, for petty 50-60 crores their river of hatered burst its banks... and they killed Gandhi, people who enslaved these jaahils put up with him for 50 years and the jaahils couldn't tolerate him for 15 months. ...lol... Atom Bomb Vajpayee called himself swaNyam sevak, and prays the same prayer as the Mahatma's assasin prayed while he was hanged, he is underoath to make this country a Hindu Rashtra, how can constitution and the country be safe in his hands.

Unread post by Guest » Mon Feb 05, 2001 7:54 pm

That which is said in regard to disbelievers is very much specific to the disbelievers at the time of Muhammad(sm). Even if we wish to generalize, we should also look at the fact that Allah says our true friends are those muslims who believe in Allah, Muhammad(sm), offer prayer and pay zakat (Al-Maidah 5:55).<p>Qur'an does not ask to disrespect disbelievers anywhere. True/close friend is something different from an acquaintence or even a formal friend. Sometimes I wonder, if we were to be hostile with disbelievers, how would they know anything about Islam?<p>I respect Mother Teresa for what she did and I learn from her. I do not know about her religious beliefs at all so I am quiet on that. We take traffic laws from the West, because that is something commendable. We can modify them to suit our needs. Also, we must acquire knowledge even if we have to go to "China". How would I take knowledge from someone I do not respect? There certainly never was a muslim in China.<p>Best,<br>Musalmaan

Unread post by Guest » Mon Feb 05, 2001 8:48 pm

Salam , Firstly wThe hadith you are relating to i persume about traveling to china to gain Knowledge is, accepted by the ulema as being weak in narration and not authenthic. <p>We should thou travel to gain knowledge bt only to visit the scholars of islam who are following Islam and not to learn from someone who disobeys Allahs law. Surely these people who do not accept Allah(swt) dont have anything to teach , specially if we are following the Quran and Sunnah.<p>I am not making the point that we should be hostile to the kuffar but we should not treat them as our friends as they are friends of the shaytaan and will raise amongst his followers on the day of Judgement and that is a place i wouldnt want to be on that day amongst them, so why be amongst them in this Dunya! <p>As a muslim ,Islam dictates what is good and bad , so To say someone like Mother teresea done good when she spent her whole life disobeying Allah(swt)would not be a good comment to make! and having respect for her is impossible , as how can you respect someone who disrespects Allah(swt) and Prophet Mohammed(saw) <p>

Unread post by Guest » Mon Feb 05, 2001 9:17 pm

I do not understand what makes you label everyone as a Kaafir.<p>In the very start of Qur'an, in al-Baqarah, Allah says,<p>"Surely those who believe, and those who are Jews, and the Christians, and the Sabians, whoever believes in Allah and the Last day and does good, they shall have their reward from their Lord, and there is no fear for them, nor shall they grieve." [al-Baqarah 2:62]<p>The problem is that we do not know whats in the hearts of people. Plus, there are many people who have not been invited to the message of Islam. A Kaafir is one who does the Kufr, which is that he denies Allah's message. If one has never been told about something and is in dark, how can he be called a Kaafir? <p>And those who are Christians, do not get the message of Islam, but they also do not indulge into shirk, they believe in God and the Hereafter, and do good deeds, when Allah says that they're successful, who are we to declare them Kaafirs?<p>As for knowledge, knowledge is not just restricted to Din. You can get knowledge related to din from Muslim Ulema, but what restricts you to get aeronautical knowledge from an atheist scientist for example. You mean to say that everyone who gets education under a non-muslim professor commits sin? Which means all those muslims who are in West, should not be getting knowledge unless they somehow get a muslim instructor?<p>And I would also like to know what do you base your arguments on? I mean I do not remember Allah or the Prophet(sm) implying any such thing!<p>Language in this message may seem a bit crude, but its not meant to be offensive.<p>Best,<br>Muslamaan.

Unread post by Guest » Mon Feb 05, 2001 9:54 pm

This "protector" fanatic, whoever he/she is,seems like he has been to lots of "daris" and has been brainwashed against Hindus. If Hindus are so bad then why don´t all muslims move out of india to a muslim country. He/she should have the courage to write his name and not hide under some fancy name like protector.(and whom is he protecting and from whom? I wonder which part of the world he/she lives in. Its only thanks to people like you, that there is so much hatred and distruction in this world. You seem to be frustrated with your life so go clean your own mess before coming to this board to preach us all the crap.I would like you to tell me which Sura in Quran to read which says you should hate and abuse another human for his belief. <br>Then there is this "moomin" who thinks that no Prograsive Bohra is doing anything for the unfortunate earthquake victims, well when you do charity do it for your own concious and you do not have to write or boast about it.And how do you know that no Progressive is doing something? You are most welcome to give your contribution to the Udaipur Jamaat (read Admin´s reply ) <br>who are doing the charity and I am sure are working without any self gain.

Unread post by Guest » Mon Feb 05, 2001 11:17 pm

Thanks Anwar, <br>Open your eyes and research the Issue OF KASHMIR then tell me i am being Fanatic, when you read of all the Muslim Sisters who have raped and killed by Hindu Scums. <p>May Allah(swt) protect the Muslim Ummah from Cowards like you who sit and make and keep quite when our ummah is being Attacked.<p>And for your information , yes i am frustrated at the faaact we have jokers like you in our communities who have there heads stuck the Kafirs **** and would rather brand a muslim who speaks out against them ,then rock your little pathetic existence effected with some home truths, on who are real Enemies are.. <p>And in reference to coming here and spreading my so calle dRubbish i willbe back every day to give you some REAL ISLAMIC KNOWLEDGE. AS YOU DEFINETLY NEED IT <p>SALAM PROTECTER.<p>ps. You think i am going give you and the world my real name so the police can try to stop me supporting my MUJAHID brothers..sorry but i am not that stupid(unlike some)<br>

Unread post by Guest » Mon Feb 05, 2001 11:29 pm

I totally agree with protector:<br>These hindu fanatics in ahmedabad and rest of gujarat have learnt a lesson of their life and if they forget it Allah won't forgive them. This is not an issue of progressive or non-progressive it is an issue concerning the protection of Islam and its believer Muslims and their survivals. This is a lesson from Allah to its non-believers and so do not mistake it to be a progressive/kothari issue. To see the true face of these Hindu fanatics and cowards read this article - from REDIFF not made up on my own:<p>Adversity has this strange knack of bringing people together. When you<br>are battling for survival, caste and creed do not matter. Roving Editor<br>Ramesh Menon details one such incident, which could have been a<br>landmark in communally strife-torn Ahmedabad. Only, it was too good to<br>last. <p>When the earth shook violently on January 26, the residents of<br>Sarangpur Chakla -- like everyone else in Ahmedabad -- ran out of their<br>homes. Many of them moved into the large courtyard of Rani's mosque, a<br>15th century monument. Located in an area that is dominated by Hindus,<br>the mosque has been closed for over 32 years. But, as a protected<br>heritage monument, it is being looked after by the Archaeological<br>Survey of India. <p>It proved to be a safe shelter during the quake, since it is surrounded<br>by an open area, while Sarangpur is dominated by narrow lanes and old<br>buildings. <p>Soon after, a group of elderly Hindus approached Muslims in the<br>Panchkuva area of Kalupur and asked them to begin offering namaz at the<br>mosque again. They hoped it would please the Gods and the anger within<br>the earth would subside. The Muslims happily acquiesced. <p>On January 31, a dozen-odd Muslims went to the mosque to offer namaz<br>early in the morning. It was the first time since the 1969 communal<br>riots in the city that this had happened. <p>The Hindus in the locality got together and organised water; before<br>offering namaz, the Muslims are required to wash their hands and feet.<br>"The residents thanked us and said our prayers would ward off danger to<br>their area. Though the tremors continued, we thought it brought us<br>together," remembers Mohsin Sheikh, a small-time businessman who deals<br>with bags and plastic sheets. <p>For the next namaz, there were about two dozen Muslims offering<br>prayers. <p>The one held in the afternoon saw four dozen devotees. <p>Though the numbers swelled to 250 for the namaz after sunset, the<br>Muslims could sense the tension in the air. One of them walked up to a<br>policeman outside the mosque and told him that, if there is a problem<br>in them offering prayers there, they would stop immediately. The<br>policeman said there was no problem; that the prayers -- which were for<br>everyone's well-being -- should continue. <p>Yet, by the time of the night namaz, they were told not to come to the<br>mosque, thanks to strident protests from a handful of vocal residents<br>associated with the Vishwa Hindu Parishad, the Bajrang Dal and the<br>Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh. <p>The residents themselves had no complaints about the namaz. The area's<br>right wing elements, though, felt the presence of so many Muslims --<br>the numbers were increasing with each namaz -- should not be allowed<br>since Sarangpur borders Muslim-dominated areas. <p>The last namaz of the day did not take place. <p>The amity between the two communities did not last 24 hours. Those who<br>reached the mosque for the last namaz say the policemen were beginning<br>to worry about communal tension and did not want anything to spark it. <p>Today, the iron gate leading to the mosque has been locked. The<br>courtyard is silent except when the wind blows; then, one can hear the<br>sound of rustling leaves. <p>Four policemen are sleeping in front of the gate; which is covered with<br>their damp clothes. One of them views me with suspicion. "Have you come<br>here to read namaz?" he demands. <p>I tell him I am, like him, a Hindu. Still suspicious, he says I cannot<br>go in. "The mosque had been closed for years and will not open again.<br>We are here to ensure that." <br>

Unread post by Guest » Tue Feb 06, 2001 1:34 am

What's wrong with people like Protecter and Taleban. Please don't come here and spread your sectarian hatred. True, Hindu fanatics are evil but so are Muslim fanatics. It's stupid to blame a whole community or people for the acts of a few unthinking, mindless people.<p>These are the very people who always cry about how the West brands all Muslims as terrorists, but never tire of throwing muck at all non-Muslims. In the cotext of the earthquake, if this is the way Allah expresses his displeasure then He must be extremely unhappy with Muslims for He has condemned the majority of them to be ruled by all kinds of dictators, military despots, oligarchies, crooks and thieves.<p>The people who take pleasure in the tragedy of other human beings and justify it the name of religion are pathological misfits. They deserve pity, and more than that, medical help.<br>

Unread post by Guest » Tue Feb 06, 2001 2:20 am

And just to clarify my position, I did not mean to say that everyone who hits you is your friend. I just wish to state that if there is a bad Hindu, we cannot generalize and include all Hindus. But if there is a neutral Hindu, his position is different from the "fanatics", and should not be hated for what Hindus have been doing in Kashmir, unless he seems to have his links on that side!<p>By the same analogy, we stand to be terrorists just because we are muslims, irrespective of the fact that we do not have the slightest idea of what is going on where and why!<p>Regards,<br>Musalmaan

Unread post by Guest » Tue Feb 06, 2001 2:29 am

DISCLAIMER: Issued in public interest only. No offense meant to any of the commentators on this board.<p>I enjoy reading postings on this message board. However, there are times when I see that we (in general) get too emotional and do not apply our reasoning and logic. I firmly believe that there is an occasion to be rational and a time to be emotional. <p>Analysis, Decision Making, Acquisition of Knowledge; these are a few things that are only acquired through rationalism, emotion seldom helps. In fact, emotion generally causes problems in achievement of these objectives.<p>Emotional behaviour helps in the implementation only, and that also to a certain extent.<p>I mention these because most of the time I see people getting emotional over petty differences. I have been grilled at this message board once but still I do not believe there has been a personal attack on anyone from myside. I just thought I'd share the sentiments with the audience. We, as muslims have somehow been grown up as highly emotional individuals who cannot listen anything contradictory to their own beliefs, whether right or wrong. Sometimes I wonder why?<p>I've thought twice before making this posting and now I let it go. I hope it helps, its only to make people think about a general weakness in the society which has caused a lot of harm. Not addressed to anyone in particular, so please do not take it personally.<p>Best,<br>Musalmaan

Unread post by Guest » Tue Feb 06, 2001 5:11 pm

Agree with you absolutely. Muslims in general seem to suffer from a persecution complex. They believe that their religion, culture and way of life is constantly under attack. Which is true in a way, let me hasten to add. But we tend to take this attack more seriously than we need to, and, also find an easy excuse in it for all our shortcomings, backwardness etc. etc.<p>Given our real and imagined fears, and the habit of scapegoating our ills on others we have honed a mindset of intolerance. We become touchy about petty things, and are unable to understand and accept that differences and diversity are not only facts of life but also must be celebrated for their own sake.<p>On this board the level of intolerance does occasionaly get out of hand but it's only to expected when you begin challenging a pseudo-religious edifice that's designed to protect the power and privilige of a few. On more general topics, the intolerance comes from fanatics who can't seem to think beyond their nose (to coin a phrase!).<p>In any case, "intolerance among Muslims" is an interesting subject. Maybe other would want to expand on this???

Unread post by Guest » Tue Feb 06, 2001 9:14 pm

Hallo Protector(god knows from whom and whom you are protecting)<br>Two wrongs do not make a right, that´s one thing my elders have taught me,and I am sure yours too, but then, because you have been brainwashed,what can one expect from you. <br>You write that you will keep on coming on this board to educate people like me, please do come, you are most welcome to share your knowledge and views, but, please, not that crap about fanatism and hatred towards any perticular community or religion, because it does not do any good to your image, if you have or ever had one. <br>You,Protector and your like minded colleague,Taliban, think of this .According to you , the hindus have been punished for their, in your oppinion, sins.Then how would you explain the death of muslims and followers of other religions? If you applly the same yardstick(punishment to hindus for their sins)then the sins that muslims are doing, they should not get such an easy death. What is happening in Pakistan,Indonesia Afganistan,Kosovo,Bosnian,Somalia,Sudan and I am just mentioning a few muslim countries where muslims are treating their so called muslim brother so badly and where progress seems to have come to a standstill if not taking staps backward. Shouldn´t they be punished too. Please do not get carried away and do not let off your frustration in life by condeming all the Hindus because of a few either, fanatic individuals or organisation. <br>You are telling me to do research on Kashmir, but remember that in Kashmir there are so many different factions with as many ideas about peace and how to end the violence, and for your knowledge they are all our muslim brothers, so whom do one support, when they themselves are divided as to what they want. And another thing how many are real Kashmiris, fighting for their so called liberation. Most of them are unfortunately outsiders who move from one area of conflict to another, to keep them busy.You are afraid to give your real name(first name would do)as you are afraid of the police. I am sure, the police do not have the time to persue idiots like you unless you are either a criminal or a terrorist. So fear only God, but then with your thinking and preaching you better be afraid of God too. You do not have the courage to even say honestly where or which continent you reside in, because that might explain your enimity towards the Hindu. <br>Please do not get me wrong, I am not one who loves or hates a comminity or religion or even for that matter, a family just because of wrong doings of some individual. In that case one would hate everybody on this planet.<br>So learn to live with all and preach peace and love instead of hatred

Unread post by Guest » Wed Feb 07, 2001 5:52 pm

ANWAR HUST A SHORT NOTE TO SAY I HAVE NOT FORGETTEN YOU ! AND IWIL ADDRESS YOUR POINTS SOON! <p>PS. I ONLY FEAR ALLAH(SWT) AND LIVE TO CARRY OUT HIS WORK AND WORSHIP ALLAH(SWT) THE REASON I DONT GIVE MY NAME IS PURELY IT IS NOR BENEFIT TO ANY ONE! AND FURTHERMORE I RESIDE IN LONDON/HAYES! <br>

Unread post by Guest » Thu Feb 08, 2001 7:46 pm

Hallo Protector, Thank-you for your note, otherwise I would have thought I might have frightened you away.We both, in fact live in Europe, but unfortunately have a completely opposite views on life.I am a progressive Bohra,but with a so called green card if and when I need one. Where is your sympathy, if I may ask?

Unread post by Guest » Thu Feb 08, 2001 11:37 pm

Hello Anwar ! <br>i dont even know what a progressive and non progressive Bohra is! <br>i came to this board because i live near the big masjid in Northolt , and know a little bit about The Bohri Community! <br>so i am not concerned with the eternal politics that seem to go on here! <p>Anyway we wil continue our INTELLICUAL DEBATE SOON ! with the understanding that we debate for the PLeasure of ALLAH(swt) and not just to prove our point and win the Arguement! <br> if this is oiur moitive then i answer your points and we contiue <br>!

Unread post by Guest » Sat Feb 10, 2001 5:20 pm

Protector you would not know what intellectual debate is. You are nothing but a fanatic. Look at the meaning of a fanatic in the dictionary and you will understand what I mean.

Unread post by Guest » Sun Feb 11, 2001 2:22 am

Hello Mr Observer , <br>Any time you feel like an Intelluctual Debate ! please just let me know and we will see if i up for it or not! <p>Thank you for calling me a FANATIC , as i am fantical about my religion. and if you have a problem with that then tough!

Unread post by Guest » Sun Feb 11, 2001 12:02 pm

Hallo Protector, I do not think that you have any idea as to what a bohri is, when you do not even know what is a progressive or non progressive bohri? <br>You probably know a little about bohri, due to,I guess, your are acquaintance with some bohri who is fanatic about his community just like you are about islam. By the way have you been in the mosque to say your prayers and how often(I am asking this not to question your islamic belief but to know weather they allow a non bohris to enter their mosque.)