Eid-e-Gadir-e-Khum

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
Muslim First

Eid-e-Gadir-e-Khum

Unread post by Muslim First » Wed Feb 19, 2003 5:30 pm

Eid-e-Gadir-e-Khum

Maulan is reported to have described Eid-e-Gadir-e-Khum as " being the most supreme Eid (Eid ullahil Akbar) of all eids." (see: http://akhbar.mumineen.org/1423/zilhaj_15.html)

Can somebody shed a light over this Eid?

Why does the majority of Muslim Umma does not celebrate this Eid?

Did Hz. Ali RA celebrate this Eid?

Does this Eid has any basis in Quran or Sunnah?

By calling it "Eid ullahil Akbar" are't Bohra going over board?

Wasalaam

Muslim First

Re: Eid-e-Gadir-e-Khum

Unread post by Muslim First » Wed Feb 19, 2003 5:42 pm

jinx

Unread post by jinx » Thu Feb 20, 2003 12:52 am

humble_servant_us

Unread post by humble_servant_us » Thu Feb 20, 2003 5:32 am

For shias the day of 18 zilhajja marks the official announcement by the prophet(pbuh)of appointment of Ali(as) as the leader of the faithful and hence it is celebrated as the day of Eid.

Kyon na ho zilhajja ki athaarvi eid-e-akbar,
haq ko rehbar mila, maayus baatil hua...

For others who do not accept the imamat(khilafat) of H. Ali(as) should also celebrate this day as eid as it was on this day Allah(swt) declares in Q5:3 :"This day I have perfectd for you your religion, and have completed my favour on you and have chosen for you Islam(as your) religion"

Don't you think this ayat from Quran is sufficent to celebrate 18th of Zilhajja as Eid....

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Thu Feb 20, 2003 11:30 am

Br.H S_US

AS

You Said:
Kyon na ho zilhajja ki athaarvi eid-e-akbar,
haq ko rehbar mila, maayus baatil hua...

For others who do not accept the imamat(khilafat) of H. Ali(as) should also celebrate this day as eid as it was on this day Allah(swt) declares in Q5:3 :"This day I have perfectd for you your religion, and have completed my favour on you and have chosen for you Islam(as your) religion"
Who is auther of Couplet? I am sure not our Prophet SAW!

Dowe have proof that Q5:3 was revealed on 18 zilhajja ?

Why is this Eid better then other two?

Wasalaam

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Thu Feb 20, 2003 11:50 am

Tafsir Ibn Kathir Volume 3, Page 93

***(This day, I have perfected your religion for you...)

was revealed, during the great day of Hajj (the Day of `Arafah, the ninth day of Dhul-Hijjah) `Umar cried. The Prophet said, `What makes you cry' He said, `What made me cry is that our religion is being perfected for us. Now it is perfect, nothing is perfect, but it is bound to deteriorate.' The Prophet said,

"(You have said the truth.)" [1]

What supports the meaning of this Hadith is the authentic Hadith,

(Islam was strange in its beginning and will return strange once more. Therefore, Tuba for the strangers.) [2]

Imam Ahmad recorded that Tariq bin Shihab said, "A Jewish man said to `Umar bin Al-Khattab, `O Leader of the Believers! There is a verse in your Book, which is read by all of you (Muslims), and had it been revealed to us, we would have taken that day (on which it was revealed) as a day of celebration.' `Umar bin Al-Khattab asked, `Which is that verse' The Jew replied, s

(This day, I have perfected your religion for you, completed My favor upon you...)

See: [1] At-Tabari 9:519
[2] Muslim 1:130

Read at : http://www.tafsir.com/default.asp?sid=5&tid=13252

mumin110

Unread post by mumin110 » Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:16 pm

Originally posted by Muslim First:

was revealed, during the great day of Hajj (the Day of `Arafah, the ninth day of Dhul-Hijjah) `Umar cried. The Prophet said, `What makes you cry' He said, `What made me cry is that our religion is being perfected for us. Now it is perfect, nothing is perfect, but it is bound to deteriorate.' The Prophet said,
Why do we have these wahabis taking so much interest in dawoodi bohras suddenly..

Anyways, just for your info, The quran mentions that we pray namaz but does it say how many rakat we have to pray?

Quran says go for Hajj, does it say how to perform it??

Also, for your info, This verse was revealed three times and on the third day, Rasulullah SAW declared Moulana Ali AS his Successor and recited this evrse.

You can believe whatever you want!

qiyam

Unread post by qiyam » Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:27 pm

A small warning:

Ibn Kathir was a student, strong supporter and preacher of the views of Ibn Taymiyah (the creator of what is now called Wahabism).

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:56 pm

Anyways, just for your info, The quran mentions that we pray namaz but does it say how many rakat we have to pray?

Quran says go for Hajj, does it say how to perform it??
Prophet SAW by his example and dirction showed us how to pray Namaaz and how many Rakats in each prayers and timing of those Namaaz.

Prophet also showed us how to perform Hujj.

Prophet never commanded us to celebrate this Eid.

And how is this eid superior then other two?

Give up brothers you cannot Justify this innovation.

Answer it br. Qiyam rather then singin Wahabi tune.

Wasalaam

qiyam

Unread post by qiyam » Thu Feb 20, 2003 4:26 pm

Dear MuslimFirst,
If you remember our outside discussion...I did.

If you remember...because like the others, you forget just as fast...the Prophet proclaimed this event with the last ayat of the Quran and the completion of the religion and the designation of Maulana Ali as the Maula as the Prophet is our Maula. He made every muslim there give allegiance to Maulana Ali. So yes...he did command us to acknowledge and celebrated this day...because even according to the sunni hadiths...after the bayah to Maulana Ali...the muslims celebrated before dispersing form Wadi al'Khum. The Prophet died in the same year a little while after this event in Rabi Awwal.

Did Maulana Ali acknowledge this event...YES!

Look at it this way...the other two are celebrated in the completion of two of the pillars of the Islam. Eid-Ghadir is also a completion of a pillar...but the pillar is the first and foremost above all other...that of walayat (which contain shahadat and the convenant). It is the day in which we renew our convenant with Allah and His wali on earth..Imam az'Zaman (our kalipha on earth)...and was instituted to the muslims by Allah and the Prophet.

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Thu Feb 20, 2003 6:12 pm

Br. qiyam

Islam has 5 universally recognised pillers. Bohras have added 2 and made 7.

so here is difference and that is why you do not see Eid-e-Gadhir-Khum celebrated universally.

Wasalaam

mumin110

Unread post by mumin110 » Thu Feb 20, 2003 6:50 pm

Dear Qiyam

Why bother even replying to MF, MF will always be MF

u cannot cannot convince a wahabi. They will die wahabis.. so Why bother

mumin110

Unread post by mumin110 » Thu Feb 20, 2003 7:04 pm

Originally posted by Muslim First:
Give up brothers you cannot Justify this innovation.
.[/QB]
I didnt want to reply to you but i read this post after i posted the earlier one.

For your information, Eid E gadeer is exclusively celebrated by Shiahs. So, since it is not 'part' of your belief.. whybother? there will always remain sunnis and shiahs and thats a reality.
Both believe their interpretation of Islam is correct..so you can never convince us shiahs to ever believe in the 1st three Laeens.. no matter what and I dont know if we can convince you to denounce them as you were 'destined' to believe this and nothing you and I can do anything about..Unless Allah gives you the enlightenment to think otherwise(but i doubt it).

With regards to Eid e gadeer, withouth goign in to details(why should I to YOU), it has come in rivaayath that Eid e Gadeer was known to every prophet who came before Rasulullah SAW. I wont get into details about this.....

There is also a lot of rivaayath and explanation from imam Jaffer us Sadiq AS who was great grandson of Imam Hussain AS, but since you obviously dont even believe in our Imams, why even bother to explain to you.....

Imam Jaffer us Sadiq AS had taken Oath of Allah three times while proclaiming that there is no other day besides Eid e gadeer which is higher in azam(stature).

I think enough said..
Now if you want to go and say anythign about our Imams, I suggest you dont.. rather.. if this site claims that they are Shiah, then they would not allow someone like MF to come to your door and proclaim and abuse your/own imams.

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:50 pm

Br. Mumin110

"rivaayath" are same tall stories like one on official site regarding Hz. Ali RA only ate 'ATTA' and survived on it.

True Islam is not based on "rivaayath" but on Quran and Shahih Sunnah of Allah's last prophet.

With Shia's Islam has been turned into Christian like religion with Ali and HF as dieties.

Agakhanis even believe Ali is God.

Any dogma based on secrete teachings only given to chosen few is not a religion but a cult.

You my brother deserve your Aqa Maula his Shehzadas and Shehzadis.

I am sure you will hide behind "rivaayath" and tell me "why should I to tell YOU"

So Bohrasm is based on "rivaayath".

Wasalaam

simon

Unread post by simon » Fri Feb 21, 2003 12:03 am

"(You have said the truth.)" [1]

(Islam was strange in its beginning and will return strange once more. Therefore, Tuba for the strangers.) [2]

Imam Ahmad recorded that Tariq bin Shihab said, "A Jewish man said to `Umar bin Al-Khattab, `O Leader of the Believers! There is a verse in your Book, which is read by all of you (Muslims), and had it been revealed to us, we would have taken that day (on which it was revealed) as a day of celebration.' `Umar bin Al-Khattab asked, `Which is that verse' The Jew replied, s

(This day, I have perfected your religion for you, completed My favor upon you...)

See: [1] At-Tabari 9:519
[2] Muslim 1:130

Read at : http://www.tafsir.com/default.asp?sid=5&tid=13252
You have said that this verse was revealed on day of Arafah, definitely a day of rejoicing and celebration and prayers for Muslims. Then you say quote Imam Ahmad's hadith about Jewish man saying
we would have taken that day (on which it was revealed) as a day of celebration. If it was on day of Arafah, why would the Jew say that it was not on the day of Arafah.
This logically proves that the 1st Hadith you quote is false. See when all these Hadiths were being fabricated, these small and contradictory hadiths slipped through the crack and then come to bite you back. This is the way of Allah and he protects the Truth. Allahu akbar.

simon

Unread post by simon » Fri Feb 21, 2003 12:06 am

Pls read the above as "If the verse was on day of Arafah, why would the Jew say that it was not a day of celebration for Muslims when the verse was revealed"

simon

Unread post by simon » Tue Feb 25, 2003 3:11 pm

I think this slipped through the crack. Hoping to revive the discussion.

qiyam

Unread post by qiyam » Tue Feb 25, 2003 4:45 pm

Dear MuslimFirst,
riwayat means to transmit or narration...like that Tasfir of Ibn Kathir is a riwayat.

The sunnah is composed of hadith (traditions) which were narrated (riwayat) through a chain of narrators (isnad).

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Wed Feb 26, 2003 12:21 pm

Br. Somon, AS

I am going to break down Tafsir Ibn Kathir which I posted and link I posted so you can understand. Tafsir Ibn Kathir has been around for some 900 years and was recently reviewed and published in english translations by DARUSALAAM. I have faith that there is no contradiction in whatever it is in it. I am going to post it in two or the posts so please be patient.
Here we go:

Islam Has Been Perfected For Muslims

Allah said,

(This day, I have perfected your religion for you, completed my favor upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion.)

This, indeed, is the biggest favor from Allah to this Ummah, for He has completed their religion for them, and they, thus, do not need any other religion or any other Prophet except Muhammad . This is why Allah made Muhammad the Final Prophet and sent him to all humans and Jinn. Therefore, the permissible is what he allows, the impermissible is what he prohibits, the Law is what he legislates and everything that he conveys is true and authentic and does not contain lies or contradictions.

Allah said;

(And the Word of your Lord has been fulfilled in truth and in justice,)

meaning, it is true in what it conveys and just in what it commands and forbids. When Allah completed the religion for Muslims, His favor became complete for them as well.

Allah said,

(This day, I have perfected your religion for you, completed My favor upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion.)

meaning, accept Islam for yourselves, for it is the religion that Allah likes and which He chose for you, and it is that with which He sent the best of the honorable Messengers and the most glorious of His Books.

Ibn Jarir recorded that Harun bin `Antarah said that his father said, "When the Ayah,

(This day, I have perfected your religion for you...)

was revealed, during the great day of Hajj (the Day of `Arafah, the ninth day of Dhul-Hijjah)

`Umar cried.

The Prophet said:

`What makes you cry'

He said,

`What made me cry is that our religion is being perfected for us. Now it is perfect, nothing is perfect, but it is bound to deteriorate .'

The Prophet said,

“(You have said the truth.)''
[Recorded in At-Tabari 9:519]

((Islam was strange in its beginning and will return strange once more. Therefore, Tuba for the strangers.)) [Recorded in Muslim 1:130]

[Tuba means ‘Good News, and it is also a Tree in Paradise]

(Source Ibn Kathir Volume 3 page 92-94)
Also on web Read at : http://www.tafsir.com/default.asp?sid=5&tid=13252

More to come as time permits. If any comments please post

Wasalaam

humble_servant_us

Unread post by humble_servant_us » Thu Feb 27, 2003 3:51 am

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem.

18th Zilhijja of 10AH event of Ghadir al Khum, where the Messenger of Allah (swt) delivered his LAST sermon. The greatest parallel/frequent (Mutawatir) tradition in the History of Islam is related to this sermon of the Prophet (s). More information can be found on internet http://www.al-islam.org/encyclopedia/chapter3/2.htmlf for a complete list of 110 companions of Prophet (s) who narrated this tradition, as well as classified lists of the Sunni traditionists/historians/commentators of Quran who confirmed this tradition to be authentic and frequent, and their corresponding books where the tradition can be found.

The Farewell Pilgrimage

Ten years after the migration, the Messenger of Allah ordered to his close followers to call all the people in different places to join him in his last pilgrimage.

On this pilgrimage he taught them how to perform the pilgrimage in a correct and unified form. This was first time that the Muslims with this magnitude gathered in one place in the presence of their leader, the Messenger of Allah.

On his way to Mecca, more than seventy thousand people followed Prophet (s). On the fourth day of Zilhaj, more than one hundred thousand Muslims had entered Mecca. Revelation of Verse 5:67 On the 18th of Zilhaj, after completing his last pilgrimage (Hajjatul-Widaa), Prophet (s) was leaving Mecca toward Medina, where he and the crowd of people reached to a place called Ghadir Khum (which is close to today's Juhfah). It was a place where people from different provinces should say Good bye to each other and take different routes for their home.

In this place, the following verse was revealed: "O Muhammad! Deliver what has been sent down to you from your Lord; and if you don't do it, then, (it will be as if) you have not delivered His message (at all); and surely Allah will protect you from (the mischief) of men; verily, Allah does not guide a disbelieving people." (Quran 5:67).

Some of Sunni references confirming that the revelation of the above verse of Quran was right before the speech of Prophet in Ghadir Khum:

a.. Tafsir al-Kabir, by Fakhr al-Razi, under commentary of verse 5:67, v12, pp 49-50, narrated on the authorities of Ibn Abbas, al-Bara Ibn Azib, and Muhammad Ibn Ali.

b.. Asbab al-Nuzool, by al-Wahidi p50, narrated on the authorities of Atiyyah and Abu Sa'id al Khudri.

c.. Nuzul al-Quran, by al-Hafiz Abu Nu'aym narrated on the authorities Abu Sa'id Khudri and Abu Rafi.

d.. al-Fusool al Muhimmah, by Ibn Sabbagh al-Maliki al-Makki, p24

e.. Durr al-Manthur, by al-Hafiz al-Suyuti, under commentary of verse 5:67

f.. Fathul Qadir, by al-Shawkani, under commentary of verse 5:67

g.. Fathul Bayan, by Hasan Khan, under commentary of verse 5:67

h.. Shaykh Muhi al-Din al-Nawawi, under commentary of verse 5:67

i.. al-Sirah al-Halabiyah, by Noor al-Din al-Halabi, v3, p301

j.. Umdatul Qari fi Sharh Sahih al-Bukhari, by al-Ayni

k.. Tafsir al-Nisaboori, v6, p194

l.. and many more such as Ibn Mardawayh, etc...

The last sentence in the above verse indicates that the Prophet (s) was mindful of the reaction of his people in delivering that message, but Allah informs him not to worry, for He will protect His Messenger from people.

The Speech

Upon receiving the verse, the Prophet (s) stopped on that place (the pond of Khum) which was extremely hot. Then he sent for all people who were ahead in the way, to come back and waited until all pilgrims who fell behind, arrived and gathered. He ordered Salman (RA) to use rocks and camel toolings to make a pulpit (minbar) so that he could make his announcement.

It was around noon time and due to the extreme heat, people were wrapping their robes around their feet and legs, and were sitting around the pulpit, on the hot rocks.

On this day the Messenger of Allah spent approximately five hours in this place; three hours of which he was on the pulpit. He recited nearly one hundred verses from The Glorious Quran, and for seventy three times reminded and warned people of their deeds and future.

Then he gave them long speech. The following is a part of his speech which has been widely narrated by the Sunni traditionists: The Messenger of Allah declared: "It seems the time approached when I shall be called away (by Allah) and I shall answer that call. I am leaving for you two precious things and if you adhere both of them, you will never go astray after me. They are the Book of Allah and my progeny, that is my Ahlul-Bayt. The two shall never separate from each other until they come to me by the Pool (of Paradise)."

Then the Messenger of Allah continued: "Do I not have more right over the believers than what they have over themselves?" People cried and answered: "Yes, O' Messenger of Allah." Then Prophet (s) held up the hand of Ali and said: "Whoever I am his leader (Mawla), Ali (`a) is his leader (Mawla). O' Allah, love those who love him, and be hostile to those who are hostile to him."

Some of the Sunni references:

a.. Sahih Tirmidhi, v2, p298, v5, p63
b.. Sunan Ibn Maja, v1, pp 12,43
c.. Khasa'is, by al-Nisa'i, pp 4,21
d.. al-Mustadrak, by al-Hakim, v2, p129, v3, pp 109-110,116,371
e.. Musnad Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, v1, pp 84,118,119,152,330, v4, pp 281,368,370, 372,378, v5, pp 35,347,358,361,366,419 (from 40 chains of narrators)
f.. Fada'il al-Sahaba, by Ahmad Hanbal, v2, pp 563,572
g.. Majma' al-Zawa'id, by al-Haythami, v9, p103 (from several transmitters)
h.. Tafsir al-Kabir, by Fakhr al-Razi, v12, pp 49-50
i.. Tafsir al-Durr al-Manthur, by al-Hafiz Jalaluddin al-Suyuti, v3, p19
j.. Tarikh al-Khulafa, by al-Suyuti, pp 169,173
k.. al-Bidayah wal-Nihayah, by Ibn Kathir, v3, p213, v5, p208
l.. Usdul Ghabah, by Ibn Athir, v4, p114
m.. Mushkil al-Athar, by al-Tahawi, v2, pp 307-308
n.. Habib al-Siyar, by Mir Khand, v1, part 3, p144
o.. Sawaiq al-Muhriqah, by Ibn Hajar al-Haythami, p26
p.. al-Isabah, by Ibn Hajar al-Asqalani, v2, p509; v1, part1, p319, v2, part1, p57, v3, part1, p29, v4, part 1, pp 14,16,143
q.. Tabarani, who narrated from companions such as Ibn Umar, Malik Ibn al-Hawirath, Habashi Ibn Junadah, Jari, Sa'd Ibn Abi Waqqas, Anas Ibn Malik, Ibn Abbas, Amarah,Buraydah,...
r.. Tarikh, by al-Khatib Baghdadi, v8, p290
s.. Hilyatul Awliya', by al-Hafiz Abu Nu'aym, v4, p23, v5, pp26-27
t.. al-Istiab, by Ibn Abd al-Barr, Chapter of word "ayn" (Ali), v2, p462
u.. Kanzul Ummal, by al-Muttaqi al-Hindi, v6, pp 154,397
v.. al-Mirqat, v5, p568(23) al-Riyad al-Nadirah, by al-Muhib al-Tabari, v2, p172
w.. Dhaka'ir al-Uqba, by al-Muhib al-Tabari, p68
x.. Faydh al-Qadir, by al-Manawi, v6, p217
y.. Yanabi' al-Mawaddah, by al-Qudoozi al-Hanafi, p297
Revelation of Verse 5:3 Immediately after the Prophet (s) finished his speech, the following verse of Holy Quran was revealed: "This day I have perfected for you your religion, and have completed my favour on you, and have chosen for you Islam (as your) religion." (Quran 5:3)

Some of Sunni references which mentioned the revelation of the above verse of Quran in Ghadir Khum after the speech of the Prophet (s) :

a.. al-Durr al-Manthur, by al-Hafiz Jalaluddin al-Suyuti, v3, p19

b.. Tarikh, by Khatib al-Baghdadi, v8, pp 290,596 from Abu Hurayra

c.. Manaqaib, by Ibn Maghazali, p19

d.. History of Damascus, Ibn Asakir, v2, p75

e.. al-Itqan, by al-Suyuti, v1, p13

f.. Manaqib, by Khawarazmi al-Hanfi, p80

g.. al-Bidayah wal-Nihayah, by Ibn Kathir, v3, p213

h.. Yanabi' al-Mawaddah, by al-Qudoozi al-Hanafi, p115

i.. Nuzul al-Quran, by al-Hafiz Abu Nu'aym narrated on the authority Abu Sa'id Khudri.... and more.

The above verse clearly indicates that Islam without clearing up matter of leadership after Prophet (s) was not complete, and completion of religion was due to announcement of Prophet's immediate successor.

Oath of Allegiance

After his speech, the Messenger of Allah asked every body to give the oath of allegiance to Imam `Ali (`a) and congratulate him. Among those who gave him the oath were H.Umar, H.Abu Bakr, and H.Uthman. It is narrated that H.Umar and H.Abu Bakr said: "Well done Ibn Abi Talib! Today you became the leader (Mawla) of all believing men and women."

Sunni references:

a.. Musnad Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, v4, p281

b.. Tafsir al-Kabir, by Fakhr al-Razi, v12, pp 49-50

c.. Mishkat al-Masabih, by al-Khatib al-Tabrizi, p557

d.. Habib al-Siyar, by Mir Khand, v1, part3, p144

e.. Kitabul Wilayah, by Ibn Jarir al-Tabari

f.. al-Musannaf, by Ibn Abi Shaybah

g.. al-Musnad, by Abu Ya'ala

h.. Hadith al-Wilayah, by Ahmad Ibn `Uqdah

i.. Tarikh, by Khatib al-Baghdadi, v8, pp 290,596 from Abu Hurayra... and more.

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Thu Feb 27, 2003 11:28 am

Here is continuation

Imam Ahmad recorded that Tariq bin Shihab said,

"A Jewish man said to `Umar bin Al-Khattab, `O Leader of the Believers!

(Note by MF: This happened when Hz. Umar RA was a Khalif, so this event happened after passing away of the Prophet)

“There is a verse in your Book, which is read by all of you (Muslims), and had it been revealed to us, we would have taken that day (on which it was revealed) as a day of celebration.'

`Umar bin Al-Khattab asked,

`Which is that verse' The Jew replied, s

`Umar replied,

`By Allah! I know when and where this verse was revealed to Allah's Messenger . It was the evening on the Day of `Arafah on a Friday.''’ [Ahmad 1:38]

' Al-Bukhari recorded this Hadith through Al-Hasan bin As-Sabbah from Ja`far bin `Awn. [Fath Al-Bari 1:129]

Muslim, At-Tirmidhi and An-Nasa'i also recorded this Hadith. [Muslim 4:2313, At-Tirmidhi Tuhfat Al-Ahwashi 8:407 and Nasai 5:251]

In the narration collected by Al-Bukhari in the book of Tafsir, through Tariq, he said,

"The Jews said to `Umar, `By Allah! There is a verse that is read by all of you (Muslims), and had it been revealed to us (That is Jews), we would have taken that day (on which it was revealed) as a day of celebration.'

(Note by MF: Celebrating this day as day of celebration was Jewish idea)

`Umar said, `By Allah! I know when and where this verse was revealed and where the Messenger of Allah was at that time. It was the day of `Arafah, and I was at `Arafah, by Allah.''{ Fath Al-Bari 8:119}

Sufyan (one of the narrators) doubted if Friday was mentioned in this narration. Sufyan's confusion was either because he was unsure if his teacher included this statement in the Hadith or not. Otherwise, if it was because he doubted that the particular day during the Farewell Hajj was a Friday, it would be a mistake that could not and should not have come from someone like Sufyan Ath-Thawri. The fact that it was a Friday is agreed on by the scholars of Sirah and Fiqh. There are numerous Hadiths that support this fact that are definitely authentic and of the Mutawatir type. This Hadith was also reported from `Umar through various chains of narration.

{Mutawatir= The name applied to a report whose every chain of narration contains a number of trustworthy narrators in each level of the chain]

Wasalaam

simon

Unread post by simon » Fri Feb 28, 2003 6:22 am

"The Jews said to `Umar, `By Allah! There is a verse that is read by all of you (Muslims), and had it been revealed to us (That is Jews), we would have taken that day (on which it was revealed) as a day of celebration.'

(Note by MF: Celebrating this day as day of celebration was Jewish idea)

`Umar said, `By Allah! I know when and where this verse was revealed and where the Messenger of Allah was at that time. It was the day of `Arafah, and I was at `Arafah, by Allah.''{ Fath Al-Bari 8:119}
Dont you think Umar should have countered by saying that the verse was revealed on day of Arafah, already a day of celebration in the Muslim Calendar.
Also, what happened on day of Arafah which prompted Allah to proclaim that today I have perfected religion for you. The Prophet had already taught Muslims from Allah on how to pray salat, on how to perform saum(fasting), zakat, jehad and how to perform Haj(during previous Haj). What proclamation came from Allah which said that today I have perfected religion for you.
Do you have any answer for that ?

asif786

Ghadir e Khum

Unread post by asif786 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:27 am

The below is the link on the event of Ghadir e khum where wilayat of maule qayanat ali ibn abi talib a.s was made. It currently consists of narrations involving 76 Companions, 69 Successors, and 626 Scholars
in the chains of transmission, recorded in 182 Sunni books. In addition, there is Arabic text for
387 narrations, English translation for 78 narrations and scanned pages from 54 books
280 quotations on the reliability of narrators are available in Arabic and 324 in English.

http://www.al-islam.org/ghadir/

asif786

Re: this guy likes licking foots

Unread post by asif786 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:34 pm

Muslim First wrote:asif786 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:51 am
This quid johar is very powerful and expected to be the future syedna
Asif

You are also foot licker, Have licked this guys feet?
Wahabi first

I am not an abde so no use asking me :D
now old moron go an answer the questions on islam today or read the book on ghadeer :D

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:46 pm

I am not an abde so no use asking me
now old moron go an answer the questions on islam today or read the book on ghadee
Br Asif

I am glad you are not Abde. Good for you.

What is sense in reading Gadheer Book. You have your version and Majority have theirs. If you have reliable quote of prohet saying " I appoint Ali RA as my wasi after me and his prgeny after him".

History shows that very few sahabas took it as what shia describe. There is plenty of this on other Shia Sunni sites.

See if you can cure your fellow abdes foot licking habit.

Wasalaam

asif786

Unread post by asif786 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:52 pm

Muslim First wrote:
I am not an abde so no use asking me
now old moron go an answer the questions on islam today or read the book on ghadee
Br Asif

I am glad you are not Abde. Good for you.

What is sense in reading Gadheer Book. You have your version and Majority have theirs. If you have reliable quote of prohet saying " I appoint Ali RA as my wasi after me and his prgeny after him".

History shows that very few sahabas took it as what shia describe. There is plenty of this on other Shia Sunni sites.

See if you can cure your fellow abdes foot licking habit.

Wasalaam
Yes you are right as it is you are moron so no use
and you also go and cure your wahabi fitnatis

asif786

Unread post by asif786 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:08 pm

muslim first

I am the city of knowledge and Ali is its gate - Hadith by Rasullah saw. so remember there is only 1 gate for knowledge and to enter the city you have to pass through the gate or you will jump over the wall ??

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:38 pm

I am the city of knowledge and Ali is its gate - Hadith by Rasullah saw. so remember there is only 1 gate for knowledge and to enter the city you have to pass through the gate or you will jump over the wall ??
Can you list special knowlwdge you gained from this gate? Did Ali write a book of this special knowledge? Why are Shia hiding this knowledge?

Shia have made Ali and Ahle Bait Demi Gods. Just look your coreligionist. They are foot lickers and grave worshippers.

asif786

Unread post by asif786 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:35 am

Muslim First wrote:
Can you list special knowlwdge you gained from this gate? Did Ali write a book of this special knowledge? Why are Shia hiding this knowledge?

Shia have made Ali and Ahle Bait Demi Gods. Just look your coreligionist. They are foot lickers and grave worshippers.
MF
I thought after 10 years on this forum you must have learn something from the learned members!! now i understand why nobody replies to your post.

You should ask the prophet why he made Ali a.s his gate of knowledge or maybe you think that rasullah is not the city of gate ?? When muslims had Ali a.s why the need came to seek fiqh ilm for persons like abu hanifa , shafi ,malik etc that also after almost 150 years after rasullah, Why there are no or maybe very less fiqh knowledge ,hadith etc from Ali and hadiths in abundance from people like Anas,Abu huraira,Aisha ?? does this not questions in your mind?

Alternatively on the day of judgement you can tell Allah swt that there were so many khalifas, kings ,quran transalations and hatred for Ahlulbayt that you could think and decide the right path

About the knowledge of Ali a.s there is a treasure call Nahjul Balagha which contains sermons,letters,sayings etc of Maula Ali . Its available on the net .

listen Idol worshipper of Abdul wahab , numerous times we all have said that we follow and love Ali and Ahlul bayt a.s as instructed by Allah swt and rasullah as per Quran and Hadith

For people like you there is a shayari

Naa wisaley sanam mila naa khudai
Naa idhar ke rahe naa udhar ke

Now no more discussion with you as we say kutte ke doom 14 saal baad bhi seedi nahi hogi . Go to deobandh and read shahih bukhari and muslim

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:07 pm

Nahj al Balagha
is a collection of 241 sermons, 79 letters, and 489 utterances. As per each new publishing versus past volumes, the number of sermons, letters and utterances has varied from 238 to 241, 77 to 79, and 463 to 489, respectively.

The book narrates from Ali on a wide variety of topics, ranging from the creation of the world, the creation of Adam, end of the Universe and the arrival of Imam al-Mahdi.

Authenticity

Folio from an old Nahj al-BalaghaSince the book is a literary work meant to demonstrate Ali's eloquence, it does not gather all of Ali's sermons. Instead, only segments deemed to posses greater literary value are included. The book also lacks an exact sourcing of this content. As a result, in recent years some researchers have focused their work on finding the exact source of these sermons and letters. Masadir Nahj al-Balagha wa asaniduh written by ‘Abd az-Zahra' al-Husayni al-Khatib introduces some of these.[1] An alternative sourcing of the book's content by Muhammad Baqir al-Mahmudi represents all of ‘Ali's extant speeches, sermons, decrees, epistles, prayers, and sayings that are found in Nahj al-Balagha. Thus, except some aphorisms, the original source of all the content of Nahj al-balaghah has been determined.[2]

Shia

The collection is regarded by the Shi‘ah as authentic, although it is not included in their Hadith books. Ibn Abi al-Hadid's (d. 656/1258) commentary and collection, Shahr Nahj al-Balagha, is widely disseminated.

Sunni

Although some Sunni scholars do not regard the book as an authentic work, many scholars and jurists of repute do attest to the authenticity of some sermons included in the book. According to one Shi‘i source,[2] the first person to raise doubts about its attribution to Ali was Ibn Khallikan - A Sunni scholar (d. 1211/1282).

Imam Muhammed Abduh, the late head of the Al Azhar, wrote a commentary on the book which was published in Egypt.
Partial cut and paste from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nahj_al-Ba ... thenticity

Only Allah knows best