Imam Hussain's named his sons Aboubackar, Omar...

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
ado sayed

Imam Hussain's named his sons Aboubackar, Omar...

Unread post by ado sayed » Tue May 31, 2005 11:46 am

Dear Sunnis, Shias and others,

I met a Sunni guy (originally Shia converted to Sunni) sometime back.

He said according to Shias, Imam Hussain named histwo sons Aboubakar and Omar. Is it true? If so whay are cursing those two names?

He also said Shias should be grateful to Omar as he was the one who arrange the marraiage for Imam Hussain from Persia. Only child survived was from this marriage. And "Ahl Baith" is from
this linaege.

Also all these division started after Prophet Muhammed's (sal) death. Why don't we go back to original Islam, rather than dividing Islam like sunni and shia and others.- I Agree.

We need unity not division. Secretarian violence
will be beneficial to common enemy. Mr. America and Israel.

We have manything to unite than division. Let's focuss on that. We can deal with divisions with the common objective (Come back to Islam revealed and preached by Prophet Muhammed (SAL)).

If Imam Husaain was alive he would have the same
objective. So all the divisions will be chatterd infront of our common enemies.I think this trend increasing basically after 9/11. (Now the world knows the facts that 9/11 attack was done by American goverment with Israel to target Muslim)

Wau thaseemu bihab lillahi jameean wala thafarraku.

Thanks
ado sayed

tahir

Re: Imam Hussain's named his sons Aboubackar, Omar...

Unread post by tahir » Tue May 31, 2005 3:33 pm

Sorry for the OT but does it sound sensible that there was a racial reason too behind the split of muslims into two major sects? (I mean, apart from the well known succession issue)......may be the fair skinned and more civilsed persians would have wanted not to be on the same platform with the uncivilised, nomadic arabs so they exaggerated the succession issue and made sure that the split is irreversible...does anyone else think on those lines?...I am just trying to have a perpective of those times when Persia was one of the dominant civilisations...may be some historical facts are still burried in the sands time....

Alislam

Unread post by Alislam » Tue May 31, 2005 8:11 pm

"We need unity not division. Secretarian violence
will be beneficial to common enemy. Mr. America and Israel".

Br. Sayed, i fully agree with you that by division, we can only help our enemies..

If we go by the differences then there would be no unity even in the same family.

Irrespective of the various Islamic sects, there are many common grounds which are still the same for one and all and it is more than sufficient to be united as one ummah, which the Prophet and Ahleybait always desired for.

ado sayed

Unread post by ado sayed » Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:37 am

Dear brothers Tahir and Alisalm,

I am very much encouraged and positive about your comments.I am happy to hear there are people who are
in the same line of thinking like i am.

I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR MORE FROM OTHERS.

We can make big differences brothers and sisters

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:23 pm

Brothers;

I do not think "going back to Islam in the time of 4 Khalifa's is possible for some groups.

My only prayer is that we learn to tolarate each other and do not offend each other.

Wasalaam

JC

Unread post by JC » Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:29 pm

Hello Bros

Why only think of UNITY among various sects of Islam only?

What about world-wide UNITY?
What do u say of 'Humanism' and One-ness of Human Race.

Religions were brought to bring in discipline and law and order. To make groups and societies. To teach human beings to live in groups, team spirits etc.

Today we DO NOT any kind of Division.
There should be one religion - Humanity
There should be one country - Earth

Alislam

Unread post by Alislam » Wed Jun 01, 2005 6:27 pm

"Today we DO NOT any kind of Division.
There should be one religion - Humanity
There should be one country - Earth "

This should be the ultimate goal and to beginwith, the muslim ummah should be united.

The religion of humanity without any bondaries is in actuality the essence of Islam and that is what the Quran preaches.

tahir

Unread post by tahir » Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:56 am

The religion of humanity without any bondaries is in actuality the essence of Islam and that is what the Quran preaches.
can u quote some verses of quran which preach this and which is interpreted unanimously?

PS: plz dont see it as some skepticism...just a query

khan19922001

Unread post by khan19922001 » Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:13 am

So is Abdo's friends claim that Imam Hussain named his sons Abubkaer and Omar,historically correct.

Can someone prove/disprove this????

spot

Unread post by spot » Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:20 pm

according to the link below, imam husayn did not name his sons abu bakr or umar. however, maulana ali had sons named uthman and umar.

http://www.rafed.net/books/other-lang/e ... um1.html#6

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:53 pm

Hz. Ali (R.A.) Married widow of Hz. Abu-Bakr (RA), and raised Abu Bakr's son.

Also Hz.Ali gave one of his daughter in marraige to Hz.Umar RA.

Alislam

Unread post by Alislam » Fri Jun 03, 2005 6:31 am

Salaams All

"can u quote some verses of quran which preach this and which is interpreted unanimously? ".

Some of the Ayats to this effect are mentioned..There are many of such Ayats in the Quran and there are many teachings/Practice of Prophet and Ahleybait which speaks volumes obout human relations.

There is an excellent book compiled from the teachings of Prophet and Hazrat Ali by title "Voice of Human Justice" By Author George Jodac and many of such teachings are now a part of the UNO.

"O mankind! We have created you from a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that you may know one another. Verily, the most honorable of you with Allah is that (believer) who has At-Taqwa [i.e. one of the Muttaqun (pious). Verily, Allah is All-Knowing, All-Aware."
Sura Al-Hujurat (49):13

"if anyone killed a person not in retaliation of murder, or (and) to spread mischief in the land - it would be as if he killed all mankind, and if anyone saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of all mankind."
SURAH AL-MAIDAH 5 – AYAAT 32

"He has ordained for you the religion that He charged Noah with, and that We have revealed to thee, and that We charged Abraham with, Moses and Jesus, (saying), Establish the religion and be not divided therein. (42:13)"

The verses of the Quran which prove that the faith remains the same at all times, in all regions, and in the scriptures of all true prophets of God, are numerous. The difference lies only in certain rules and ordinances, according to the relative stages of development or back­wardness of societies. The logic that there is essentially no more than one religion, is based on the outlook about man and society that mankind is one and a single species and that men are not different in their human essence. In the same way, human society, as an objective entity, represents a single species, not a plurality of kinds.

"And We did not send you but to all people as a bearer of good tidings and as a warner, but most people do not know. "

"Say. We believe in Allah and that which is revealed unto us and that which was revealed unto Abraham and Ishmael and Isaac and Jacob and the tribes, and that which was given unto Moses and Jesus and the prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and we are Muslims to Him" (111: 84)

It was the teachings of the Quran! The Quran touches every aspect of human life and guides its follower like a loving parent guides his kid, and, that is why Islam is said to be a way of life. There is guidance on every matter that pertains to human life. The do's and don'ts in the Quran define the scope of human rights and responsibilities, and they are based on universal morals, ethics, and laws to protect the rights and dignity of everyone.

Here's what it says about our duty to our parents:
"Your Lord decreed that you serve none save Him, and that you show kindness to parents. If one of them or both of them attain old age, do not say, "Fie" to them, nor repulse them,
but speak to them a gracious word
"And lower to them, the wing of submission through mercy,and say., "My Lord! Have mercy on them, as they cared for me when I was little " (17 : 23, 24)

About business ethics:

"And fill the measure when you measure, and weigh with the right balance. That is better and fairer in the end. (17: 35)

About humility:

"And do not walk on the earth in haughtiness, for you can never rend the earth, nor will you rival the mountains in their loftiness. " (11 : 37)

About sanctity of life:'

"And do not Nil the soul which God made sacred. save with a tight." (17:33)

About freedom of worship:

"No compulsion in religion. The tight direction has been made distinct from error." (2.-256)
"Do not insult those to whom they pray besides God, lest they, in aggression and ignorance, insult God." (6. 10
Against rumour-mongering:

"0 you who believe! If a wicked person brings news to you, verify it, lest you hurt some folk in ignorance, then you regret what you did." (49:6)

About truth and justice:

"0 you who believe! Stand up for justice! Witness for God! Testify even against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin." - (4: 135)
The Prophet said against prejudice:

"'No Arab has -an advantage over a non-Arab, nor a non-Arab over an Arab, nor a white over a black, nor a black over a white except in piety. All of you have come from Adam, and Adam came from dust."

was salaam

spot

Unread post by spot » Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:43 pm

thank muslimfirst for the added note.

muhammad bin abu bakr and his mother asma actually disagreed with both his abu bakr and ayesha on the role of maulana ali. in the battle of jamal, muhammad bin abu bakr fought against his sister ayesha.

the "alledged" daughter that married umar is umme kulthum. i write alledged, because the hadiths that report this are considered false by both sunni and shia scholars.

one of the hadiths are as follows:
"Umar asks Imam Ali (AS) for his daughter in marriage, and Imam Ali (AS) asks him to leave and then Imam Ali asks his daughter to make herself beautiful to go to Umar!!! And when Umar saw her he placed his hand on her leg and asked her to marry him . . . when she came back to her father Imam Ali asked her what did Umar tell you, she replied Umar kissed me and placed his hand on my leg and asked me to marry him. Then Ali married her to him!!!!!" Taareekh Baghdaad 6/182.

sunnis says umar would have never done such vile act..it must be false. shias say ali would have never agreed to marriage after such a vile act..if it happened at all.

spot

Unread post by spot » Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:00 pm

Asma wife of Abu Bakr
The fourth wife of Abu Bakr was Asma She was first married to Jafar bin Abu Talib, a brother of Ali. She migrated with Jafar to Abyssinia in 615 C.E. She had three sons from Jafar, namely, Muhammad, Abdullah, and Aun. In 630 C.E., Jafar was martyred in the battle of Mauta. Six months later, Abu Bakr married her. She had one son from Abu Bakr who was also named Muhammad. She was a stepsister of Umm Salma, wife of the Holy Prophet. Asma was a talented lady. She was well versed in the interpretation of dreams. According to the will of Abu Bakr, Asma was authorized to prepare his dead body for the burial. After the death of Abu Bakr, Asma married Ali from whom she had a son Yahya.

Muhammad ibn Abi Bakr
The third son of Abu Bakr was Muhammad born of Asma bint Asma. He was hardly two or three years old at the time of the death of Abu Bakr. Asma had two sons who both bore the name 'Muhammad', One was the son of Jafar and the other was the son of Abu Bakr. After the death of Abu Bakr, Asma married Ali and Muhammad bin Abu Bakr was brought up under the care of Ali. He was a great partisan of Ali and he was very active in the coup that led to the martyrdom of Usman. During the caliphate of Ali, Muhammad became the Governor of Egypt. When Muawiyiah captured power, he had Muhammad killed.

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Fri Jun 03, 2005 6:04 pm

( http://www.answers.com/topic/umar-ibn-al-khattab )
In 638, he married the Prophet's granddaughter, Umm Kulthum, the daughter of Ali and Fatima. He was known for his simple lifestyle. Rather than adopt the pomp and display affected by the rulers of the time, he continued to live much as he had lived when Muslims were poor and persecuted.

spot

Unread post by spot » Fri Jun 03, 2005 6:51 pm

muslimfirst,
thanks for the link. i read the same via another link as well. but none of the reports list the source from where they get their info from.