WAJEBATS

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
anajmi

Re: WAJEBATS

Unread post by anajmi » Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:30 pm

Well, I guess we will have to suffer you for a few weeks before we drive you away for another very long break!!

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:31 pm

By the way, where is your sidekick - gurudev? or were you the sidekick?

accountability

Unread post by accountability » Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:16 am

Originally posted by Admin:
Dear Accountability,

Important though your contribution is may we pls request you not to post lengthy messages here. It would be better if you could provide a link to the material.

thank you for your cooperation.
I am sorry, i understand that lengthy messages eat up lot of space, but if you go through the entire return, it is based on all cooked up and fabricated facts, my aim was to make things visible. again i do apologize for inconvinience

baburao

Unread post by baburao » Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:11 am

Anajmi,

In the UK the government a few years ago introduced what is known as Care in the Community – what this means is you release the mentally challenged into the Community and hope that someone will care for them. As a result you find a few certifiable cranks standing around street corners and shouting out whatever is in their mind. Initially you are taken aback by this but after a while you learn to ignore them. In other countries you get similar nonsense from drunks – here again people learn to ignore them. I am sure most of the others on this board have learnt to ignore you. Jamanpassand on the other thread thinks you are either unemployed or on the kothars’ payroll but the truth is you are the cyber version of the Care in the Community crank. Try and get a grip on yourself – nobody is going to help you. Start by going out a little, see if you can mix with people of the opposite sex – it will be difficult for them but Insallah one day one of them might start looking at you as a human being, mentally challenged but human nonetheless. Who knows what will follow from there! But please leave your 8th and 9th Century reference books locked in the cupboard – they will not help you strike up a healthy relationship.

And by sidekick do you mean the one(s) who gave you such a kick on the backside that all you could do was utter profanities?

Bohra-cpl-in-Houston

Unread post by Bohra-cpl-in-Houston » Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:35 pm

mbohra/mumineen
Thanks for ur earlier posts about the NJ jamaat. Wow its amazing how twisted they can get. mbohra writes:
Janaab Quresh Bhaisaheb Shehabuddin Saheb (also fondly known as Suresh, Shah of Burhani Shehab)
who left Toronto, Canada - where he was in charge of Canada Jamaats, in a hurry when the Senate Bill S.13 miserably failed a few years ago and the government started investigating him and his cohorts.
Thats freaking amazing and its even more so to think that in this day and age and in a place like America, Canada etc. people don't want to open their eyes.

General question 4 all: can anyone explain what is Iqraam fund that some jamaats are asking money for?

bohracplinhouston@yahoo.com

Shahu

Unread post by Shahu » Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:36 pm

Iqram in arabic means to honor. This fund is collected to support expenses incurred to honor Sayedna's visit for Iftitah of new masjid.

porus

Unread post by porus » Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:48 pm

Ikram, with k, certainly means honor. It is a noun from the verb karuma, meaning to honor.

On the other hand, Iqram, with q, could be from the verb qarama, which means to gnaw or to nibble away. That is rather more to the mark as nibbling away the bohras fortune.... ;)

mumineen

Unread post by mumineen » Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:50 pm

Bohra-cpl-in-Houston:

You wondered:
"Thats freaking amazing and its even more so to think that in this day and age and in a place like America, Canada etc. people don't want to open their eyes."

This is why there are Progressives who have opened their eyes in USA and Canada and asking questions to the Kotharis through this medium, among others.
posted 08-30-2001 09:59 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another gem from Nairobi, Kenya:
When Syedna was in Nairobi recently, during the first days of his arrival, a young kid - an entrepreuner, was selling puppies outside
where Syedna was staying in Langata by shouting " Kothari puppies,
Kothari puppies".

After a few days, the same kid was selling the same puppies at the same place by
shouting "Reformist puppies, Reformist puppies".

The Kotharis were very perturbed and asked the kid why he had changed his marketing slogan from Kothari to Reformist.

The kid responded "their eyes are open now"!!!!

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:08 pm

baburao,

I wasn't the one who had to take a very long break. ;)

baburao

Unread post by baburao » Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:01 pm

Brothers and sisters do continue with the mature stuff whilst I have an aside with the cyber Crank

Anajmi, boy remember it is the blue pills you take every four hours - the colourful capsules are only for when the voices in your head get too loud - no don't take two together! There there you will feel better soon. Good boy - now suck on this lolly - lolly you idiot not your thumb! I am sorry I should not have lost my temper - you are a good boy - now go to sleep and let the adults continue with their topic.

mumineen

Unread post by mumineen » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:14 pm

Warning:

And perchance, after handling those blue pills, if you massage your neck kwithout washing your hands, you will get a stiff neck!!!

accountability

Unread post by accountability » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:22 pm

ok guys this should be a site for serious healthy discussion, other day i even recommended to my son to go check this site, to involve in healthy discussion, i found it very useful platform, i was specially impressed from Mr. Insaf's knowledge about our history and heritage, I would request the administrator to have a kind of check on such kind of behaviour. I hope .....

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:33 am

mumineen,

Thank for letting us take advantage of your experiences.

baburao,

Looks like you are throwing a fit. I guess the battle is over!!

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:09 am

baburao,

By the way, I was re-reading your last couple of posts on this thread. I have to say - pretty mature stuff. ;)

mumineen

Unread post by mumineen » Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:24 am

anjami:
"experience maketh a man"

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:14 am

a man with a stiff neck. ;)

mbohra

Unread post by mbohra » Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:35 pm

Anjami:

A man is born a dandy, as he is born a poet. There are certain heads that can't wear hats but can wear raincoats (figure out!); there are stiff necks that can't fit cravats; there are vampire jaws that can't fill out collars for the stiff neck.

That's why Vampires are always looking for their necks victim. You are necks.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:38 pm

Now you are sounding like baburao.

I think you should just stick to kothar and kotharis and leave the vampires to hollywood. Your teeth ain't sharp enough!!

baburao

Unread post by baburao » Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:18 pm

mbohra,

Hear! Hear! And I am sure Anjami was not a typo - clearly another sublime taunt!

No doubt the stiff will stir and post another of his idiotic comments - unless of course the nurse gets there first with the pills.

mbohra

Unread post by mbohra » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:59 pm

baburao:

Nops! It was meant for the stiff anjami.

PS: By the way, there was a Bollywood actor ages ago called baburao, perhaps before your time. A damn good artist during the times of John Kaus. Cheers!

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:44 pm

Look at that mummy, 2 mature guys are teaming up on this immature kid on pills. booooo hoooo hoooo. :D

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:53 pm

mumineen made a typo too. Looks like you are a liar mbohra!!

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:23 am

And finally, I will let you two love birds have the last word. I've had enough of this stupid discussion.

mbohra

Unread post by mbohra » Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:50 am

anajmi

In this "stupid discussion" (your words), you have posted 17 missives, baburao 6, mbohra 4 and mumineen 4.

To-date you have "wasted" your time and ours(again your words) on 2581 postings, baburao 128, mbohra 119 and mumineen 391.

May be baburao and myself are love birds, and mumineen and myself are liars. But who are you? A cyber-terrorist spammer employed by your Kothari masters to vandalize or sabotage this site?

I think and hope that it is only a matter of time that the ADMIN will realize your ulterior motive and banish you from this site forever.

jamanpasand

Unread post by jamanpasand » Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:55 pm

After going through all this on anajmi, I visualize anajmi's image as an actor singing
an old indian song

Bay gani shadi may abdullah diwana

jamanpasand

Unread post by jamanpasand » Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:01 pm

This Wajebats tread got the top response rating, which means it the most irritating problem. A bohra pays wajebat in return for the following :
-Lots of free Jaman
-Easy match for marriage
-Arranged burial
-Musafir khana with subsidized food
-Dini Taleem to kids ????

If a rich Shepard can provide these benefits, with a subsidized wajebats, how many sheeps are ready for a change.

allbird

Unread post by allbird » Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:31 am

Originally posted by omabharti:
Did anyone notice(if not I wouldnot be surprised)
that this year's new Wajebat form has two new entries for sucking more money. one is Salaam/Hadiyat to Mazoon Sahib and the other is
Salaam/Hadiyat to Muskasir Sahib. These entries were not there last year. To be fair, they removed from last year's forms Minnat Syedna Taher Saifuddin and Minnat Syedna Burhanuddin but everyone is encouraged to give that in an envelope
I think by next year they will have two more entreis, one for Saifyee Hospital Operating Expenses and the other for one of the Shezadah incharge of local pricienct like SHAKA PARMUKH OF SHIV SENA.
Mrs/Miss OmaBharati,
Why do you care so much do you pay wajebat at all. And secondly go pay your wajebat to Asgar Engineer or Insap, go pay non of us will complaint. Trust me.

Average Bohra

Unread post by Average Bohra » Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:31 am

AlBird,

That is akin to asking, "why do you care if the medicine I take for Bird Flu (no pun intended) causes sudden death ?"

"If you took it, I wouldn't mind...."

Bohra-cpl-in-Houston

Unread post by Bohra-cpl-in-Houston » Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:37 am

Albird,

What Omabharti wrote was merely information on what are the different categories under which the amounts are being collected. Some amounts are nominal yet questionable and others such as Zakat ul maal are negotiated. But one way or the other a person has to "Pay to Pray!" it seems. So how is this any different from a country club membership?

Each year hundreds of thousands of dollars are collected by the local masjids and probably forwarded centrally to kothar or god knows where? However, can you or anyone else say with some degree of confidence that you are knowledgable of where and how that money is spend for the poor and needy. Perhaps you may have such information and if so please do share - we would love to know. Have u ever wondered where all the money goes? And why is it that no one is allowed to ask such questions? What is the big secret?

Are you aware of people that have benefited through the zakat money that is donated by all the bohras worldwide? Again if you are then please enlighten all of us.

IF one has not paid his wajebat then they should not be allow raza for things such as marriage or burial? Is that what Islam is all about? I think NOT. However, is that what bohra system is all about?

bohracplinhouston@yahoo.com

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:59 pm

Dear ALBIRD
I should not expect anything from a quacky bird
turn to personal attack. Yes I do pay wajebats not the amount they want but the amount I think is reasonable. As I have said I consider myself belonging to club where you pay. It was mere a fact I pointed out. Yes I didnot pay Hadiayh to Mukasir or Mazzoon and a very small portion to Syedna's najwa.
Why could you discuss something constractively without becoming personal and invoking name of Asgharali Engineer. He must be a thorn on your side otherwise you would ignore him. Did you every notice that Progressives never mention Ashgarali Engineer in their postings, it is only ABDES like you who keeps on bringing his name.