porus, anajmi, zulfiqar ...

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
Humsafar

porus, anajmi, zulfiqar ...

Unread post by Humsafar » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:09 pm

Some of you maybe aware that these three stalwarts have for one reason or the other have quit this forum. This an appeal to them to come back.

Al Zulfiqar,

Good to see you again... if only to denounce and condemn. You still seem to be bitter after all these weeks/months!! Actually, I want to urge you again to come back. You have a lot to contribute, and I'll request you to keep a positive attitude and do what you have to do regardless of what others others are doing and how they react. This is free forum and you can't always control the way things shape up.

It is not true to say nothing serious about reforms is going on here in these forums. Look at the "Bohra and reforms" forum, it is has some good discussions going on, and Insaf sahab - the true committed and selfless reformist if there ever was one - continues to expose the kothar despite all the vile abuse he receives here. We all can learn from him.

In the fourm "Islam Today", I admit it is bit messy but how can you or porus or anyone else expect it to be any different? It is a true reflection of the Islamic world - disunited, conflicted, controversial, abusive and what not.

I know we all have expectations and ideals about how things should be but reality is always different. We have to realise that this a public domain, whatever we say will not be taken at face value. We must be prepared for criticism and challenges. However, one can still choose ones' battles. You don't have to respond to abuse - and that is the only surefire way I know of defeating it.

In the end, the truth is that if you believe in something and are truly committed to it, you will do it no matter what. Everything else is beside the point.

Arif,

I know we've had a few scraps of our own, but now I'm beginning to admire your positive attitude. Keep it up.

porus,

Hope you are re-thinking your decision. Can we the courtesy of your response?

anajmi,

I really hope you will do the honourable thing and NOT keep your word.

Aarif

Re: porus, anajmi, zulfiqar ...

Unread post by Aarif » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:45 pm

Humsafar,

You have really done a good thing by starting this thread. Actually I was thinking of doing the same. Even though, I am sure I could NOT have put it in words as effectively as you have done I feel the same way as you do. So thanks for that.

Just to add little bit more to it, after visiting this forum for past 2 & 1/2 years I have seen various members getting into number of heated arguments with other members in one thread and than supporting some other views/ideas of those same members in some another thread. This shows that members of this site do not hold anything personal against each other. This is unique and important out here and we should not loose it. Hence, inspite of all the differences we should continue to share our knowledge, experiences and ideas with others.

Aarif

feelgud

Unread post by feelgud » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:20 pm

Salam to all,
As a student of Islamic thought I have learnt many things from porus-anajmi-debates.The way these two view things is amazing and gives clue to many points to ponder.I hope they would again involve in healthy discussion .

porus/anajmi,
I read somewhere in Islamic history that when salahuddin aiyoubi invaded jeruslam,the holy priests were engaged in discussing whether the ''defecation''of jesus(pbuh)was pure(paak)or not...the moral of this story was that when a community passes through decline, its intellectuals get busy wasting their energies in nonesense.

I read somewhere that intellectuals are egoists,and you proved it true.

Dont be selfish plz ,leave your ego aside and join this forum for the sake of those who are here to get something which they cant from an entire library.

eid mubarak in advance to you ,your family and all on this forum.

jawanmardan

Entry into Bohra masjids

Unread post by jawanmardan » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:31 pm

I don't know if I am included in this thread, certainly not by name, but, I joined this forum initially to learn more about Bohra, and Fatimid beliefs.

However I found that my initial reasons were overshadowed and I became embroiled in a bitter dispute with anjami and Muslim First, which brought out a side to my character I did not like.

I have continued to look over the forums for some time now, as an observer, and hope to continue to do so. Practicing the proper code of adab.

Hussain_KSA

Unread post by Hussain_KSA » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:44 pm

Brother Humsafar,

Congratulations. I really appreciate your Endeavour. I would also request to brother Kalim, Taher Bhai, JC and other members to contribute frequently.

Hope to see some good posts from Brother Porus, Anajmi & specially Al Zulfiquar.

Allah hafiz

S. Insaf

Unread post by S. Insaf » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:54 am

The holy Quran says in Chapter 16, verse 125:
"Call unto the way of Thy Lord with wisdom and good exhortation and reason with them in the best way."
"Lo! Thy Lord best knows those who go astray from His path and He knows best who are rightly guided."
I have quoted Quran because I could not say it better.
So please do not get hurt by others opinion and keep up your good effort.

Fatwa Banker

Unread post by Fatwa Banker » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:51 am

A self-serving post by Humsafar. He and everyone else he refers to will continue to post.

Being missed is an ego thingy....

Humsafar

Unread post by Humsafar » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:35 pm

Dear old AB, why do you insist on using the awful "Fatwa Banker" moniker? Anyways, good to see you chiming in.

In fact, I was meaning to add a few more names to the roll of honouor, especially Tahir, Kalim and yourself. Haven't seen Tahir in a long while, hope all is well with you friend. And Kalim, I know you peek in every now and then, but do try to post every now and then. You bring intellectual refinement and balance which is so refreshing. And AB, I do miss your sauve and abrasive swipes which seem to rub everybody on the wrong side. Do post more often, and more that one thought at a time. Hope the Wall Street meltdown has not affected you adversely. (And hope your faith in the free market theology remains unshaken even as the evil Big Government rushes in to rescue private profit with public money!! Sorry, could not resist that ;) ).

Aarif

Unread post by Aarif » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:57 pm

Porus,Anajmi and AZ

Come on guys start posting yaar.. This site is not much without your prolific posts. For heavens sake stop acting like nursery kids and get started..

Thanks in advance..

Average Bohra

Unread post by Average Bohra » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:40 am

Humsafar,

" AB, I do miss your sauve and abrasive swipes which seem to rub everybody on the wrong side. "

You surely know how to turn up your charm a notch to get an ol’ pal out of hibernation ! The bailout stinks all the way to hog heaven, and I am holding my nose as I type this. I don’t blame you at your swipe, frankly I would have used it myself.

You continue to be my favorite commie pal ;)

Admin

Unread post by Admin » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:56 am

We would like to join others in urging Porus, Anajmi and Al Zulfiqar to resume posting here. We admit things go a bit out of hand at times, and that's an unfortunate part of allowing people complete freedom. We all as responsible adults should know when to draw the line. Unfortunately, some of us don't. And this is something we must learn to live with.

Having said that, we realize that we are partly to be blamed for the mess. At times it's hard to find a balance between allowing complete freedom and keeping things in order. Sure we could do a better job, and now, with the new system giving us more control, we hope to have a better handle on things.

One more thing, over the years your contributions have made this forum what it is today. It would be such a shame to abandon this dialog and disown something in which you have invested so much time and effort.

Looking forward to seeing you back. May wisdom guide your decision.

Right

Unread post by Right » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:59 am

Al Zulfiqar Bhai,

I was lleaving in a fantasy land of Dawoodi Bohra Community, assuming that we are the best and there is no poverty etc. in our community.

But after reading your eye opening posts and also seeing it personally the conditions of the especially middle class people, because this class is most tortured by Kothar Pupils, in our community, I have changed by ideology.

So dont think that nothing is happening by writng on this post.

I would also request porus bhai and anajmi bhai to contribute to this forum.

Humsafar

Unread post by Humsafar » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:26 pm

anajmi,

Welcome back. Really glad to see you.

Aarif

Unread post by Aarif » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:26 pm

Anajmi,

Welcome back and Eid Mubarak!

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:53 pm

Humsafar, Aareef,

Thank you. I guess it just wasn't worth waiting for porus to come back and let the opportunity to talk about the quran (or Yusuf Ali, as porus might say) pass by.

feelgud

Unread post by feelgud » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:59 pm

anajmi
Assalam alaikum and eid mubarak
welcome back to the forum.
----
the right urdu word is" marKaz'"not "marQaz"

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:26 pm

br. feelgud.

Walaikum assalaam and Eid Mubarak to you too. Thank you for correcting me.

East Africawalla

Unread post by East Africawalla » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:32 am

Come on guys, please come back , we are missing you, I know we do not see eye to eye on a few issues but thats all what the banter is about
Its good of Anajmi for coming back

Idd Mubarak to you all

Muslim

Unread post by Muslim » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:19 pm

Porus,

Please return the board. The idiots, even though they hog the board, can and should just be ignored.

Average Bohra

Unread post by Average Bohra » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:46 pm

It is my hope and prediction that Porus will eventually return to this board. He is undeniably one of the most well informed participants on the issues discussed on this board, and I don’t blame him for taking a hiatus. One often needs a break from the regurgitation of bigotry and intolerance if you are trying to present facts (notice it did not take long for Anajmi to return, and MF never left). He also happens to be a rare Arabic scholar amongst wannabe Asian Arabs who are not.

Aarif

Unread post by Aarif » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:25 am

Br. Porus,

Wherever you are believe me we are really missing you. Please come back and join us.. I would request the same to Al-Zulfiqar...

Average Bohra,

There is no need to get personal with Anajmi and MF.. It will only spoil the spirit of this thread which was started with the prime intention of regaining the lost participants...

Average Bohra

Unread post by Average Bohra » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:48 pm

Aarif wrote:There is no need to get personal with Anajmi and MF...
In case you haven't noticed, everything about this board is "personal"; after all we are talking about religious beliefs, or lack thereof. If you can't stomach that, you are on the wrong board.

Aarif

Unread post by Aarif » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:17 pm

In case you haven't noticed, everything about this board is "personal"; after all we are talking about religious beliefs, or lack thereof. If you can't stomach that, you are on the wrong board.
Average Bohra,

Do not spin my post. I was talking about this thread where we started off with our requests to regain the lost leading participants of this forum... By writing what you have written it just defeats the purpose of this thread. Anyways, to maintain its sanctity atleast I will not get personal with you...