What are your expectations from this site?

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
Smart

What are your expectations from this site?

Unread post by Smart » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:04 am

Reformist Bohras who are in small numbers in their cities / towns etc, and those sitting on the fence and on the verge of becoming reformist constitute a large proportion of the total population of the Bohras. This is in addition to the strongholds in Godhra and other places.

For these people, the only platform where they can share their thoughts, exchange ideas and fulfil their social needs to some extent, is this web site. This powerful tool has the capability to transform the movement and take it from restricted pockets to the wide world.

The stooges of he Syedna have tried to sabotage the various facilities here. One good example, are the various fora, where anybody can post. These stooges have tried their utmost to ridicule, swear, insult, call names and do anything and everything to reduce the value and the intensity of the discussions. It is the magnanimity of the website hosts that these people have been tolerated. This courtesy has not been reciprocated.

Earlier, it was an informative site only. Recently, it has identified a major control point by the priestly class and taken action to counter them by having a matrimonial page. I am sure this will go a long way to reduce the stranglehold on the lives of Bohras.

I am quite sure there are other needs, where the stranglehold can be loosened, by taking appropriate action. Please give your suggestions. The suggestions should preferably be actionable. It is upto the administrators to take up the suggestions as and when they feel it is the appropriate time.

SBM

Re: What are your expectations from this site?

Unread post by SBM » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:14 pm

Br. Smart
Salaam and RAMADAN MUBARAK to all
This website is very important. with the view points from Hussain, S.Insaf, Porus and on the other side from Muslim First and Anjami and extreme Danish really put some interesting arguments and points and counter points. This would not be possible on any other site.
I am sure that more Taheris/Burhanis and specially people from Kothar are visiting this site, reading about it and through our discussion they are able to gauge the anger of the community.
IF WE DID NOT HAVE THIS FORUM BELIEVE ME THE TORTURE AND THE TERROR WOULD BE MUCH HIGHER BY THE
GOONS OF KOTHAR.
Yes OKAZENALLY(occasionally) we do get distraction from the animal kingdom residents like Pig,Gulf,Frog,TB and Jayanti ji but they are expected. If you notice these people always come to divert the real topic by insulting, cursing and NEVER ANSWERING THE QUESTION.
I am sure that all these are moles planted by KOTHAR to change the topic so the fence sitting,terrorized bohras never hear the real story.

Smart

Unread post by Smart » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:28 pm

Br. Omabharti,
Yes, I agree with you. This site is very important. As a matter of fact it is a life line.

However, we need to go beyond just posting and arguing with as you rightly put, the denizens of the Animal Kingdom.

One way of control used by the establishment is to create fear in the minds of businessmen, who are mostly small shop keepers, having shops in bohra bazaars.

But, nowadays a lot of educated people are taking up jobs and the economic sword is not dangling over their heads.

Still many of them feel insecure. I suggest that this site creates a page called opportunities, where people can post jobs, business opprtunities, possibilities of tie ups etc. This would open up financial opportunities, to reduce financial insecurities and create the confidence among fence sitters to take the jump towards reformation.

Smart

Unread post by Smart » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:36 pm

Another felt need is the social need. Most progressives have a social circle which is much wider than the bohra-only circle of regressives. However, many of us are practically alone in this fight in our cities. On the basis of the anonimity imposed upon us by establishment of the Syedna, there seems to be no way for us to come together without coming out of the closet.

Can we have at least the name of the city written in our profile. So that once we are comfortable with the posts of somebody who is from our own city then we could start interacting personally and this could form the nucleus of the reformist movement in other cities as well.

There is strength in unity, which can come through this mechanism.

makberi

Unread post by makberi » Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:31 am

Hi smart,

i feel the same way as u do.....i wud be nice to have an open minded intellectual conversation with a bohri once a while!!!!...i live in abu dhabi....anyone in UAE can send me a private message

like_minded

Unread post by like_minded » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:23 am

I live in bangalore, I'd appreciate like-minded bohras in Bangalore to get in touch with me.

Hozefa

Unread post by Hozefa » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:32 am

I live in Kuwait, residng in Khaitan, Working in finance co. at Salmiya area.

I am Inviting bohra friends in any place of Kuwait to get in touch with me.

please contact me via forum's private message

Hussain_KSA

Unread post by Hussain_KSA » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:53 am

I live in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. Every body is welcome to write to me.

banda e khuda

Unread post by banda e khuda » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:00 pm

one of the suggestion would be complilation of wrong doing of kothar, the real one that every body faces everyday on daily and day to day basis. for starter,

1. as a herd of sheeps and cows, have no voice and have no say in any matter would it b relgious financial,social economic education or any otheer matter list goes on

2. >>>>>>>> feel free to add more<<<<<<<<<<<<

East Africawalla

Unread post by East Africawalla » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:59 pm

I would say that there is no expectation of this site apart from meeting people who are in cuckoo land with delusions of reality . Most of them haven't got a clue what does really happen in the maistream bohras.

Smart

Unread post by Smart » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:30 pm

@EastAfricawalla,
Who is deluded? What is the mainstream? 0.02% of the world's population?

Open your eyes to the facts. The clueless sheep ready for slaughter are the taheris. They are ones who are deluded. Praising and kissing the feet of their exploiters.

Smart

Unread post by Smart » Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:18 pm

There is one more expectation:
There are many threads, where serious discussions have taken place. While going through these threads, I have felt that there are pearls of knowledge there, but they are highly scattered amongst a lot of filth.
Is it possible to consolidate this knowledge and possibly post it on other pages of the website. it would make things easier for new comers. Most people don't have the paitence to go through old threads so things become repetitive,

babu

Unread post by babu » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:04 am

Because you are preventing people from sending private messages to you, you may not send private messages to others.

» Please use your browser's back button to return.

babu

Unread post by babu » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:06 am

Sorry, your profile has been specifically locked by the board administrators. This means that you may not make any changes to your registered profile information.

» Please use your browser's back button to return.

Smart

Unread post by Smart » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:54 am

@babu
What do you mean by your posts? Whom are they addressed to you? What action do you expect on them?

babu

Unread post by babu » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:03 am

Originally posted by Hussain_KSA:
replied

Hussain_KSA

Unread post by Hussain_KSA » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:40 am

Originally posted by babu:
replied
Babu Bhai,

I did not get any.

babu

Unread post by babu » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:41 am

it doesnt allow me to post private msg....

Hussain_KSA

Unread post by Hussain_KSA » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:43 am

OK, You can write to me on yaahussain@yahoo.com I would like to hear from you.

babu

Unread post by babu » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:25 am

And your number is ++966........

Hussain_KSA

Unread post by Hussain_KSA » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:16 am

Originally posted by babu:
And your number is ++966........
I have given my email address but you did not write to me. :) Ok my number is ++966565386012. If you go through my previous posts you will find my number too.

Waiting for your mail or call.

Smart

Unread post by Smart » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:42 pm

One more expectation:
Most of the regular users of the forum, keep on reading the posts and as the thread progresses and they come again, they have to scroll through the whole thread. Is it possible to have a button that says last post or something similar and then takes you there?

Such a facility is available in the community posts on Orkut.