Bayans

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.

Bayans

Unread post by Guest » Mon Jan 08, 2001 3:50 am

English translation of a recent sermon by the dai on the bohranet. (I thought the orthos said translations were bad)<p>He really does think he is immortal doesnt he!<p><p>English Rendering of the Arabic and Lisan al-Dawat original<br>Alhamdulillah il-lazi hadana li-hamdihi…… Rabbana anzil alaina ma'idatan min as-samae……<p>A downpour of blessings took place in the month of Shehrullahil Muazzam. The month passed with having brought mercy and forgiveness. Thousands of heads became free. Our heads were also amongst those Allah freed. Allah bestowed us the equivalent of seventy for each meritous deed and on Laylatul Qadr, a thousand for one.<p>We have come now having done the ibadat of Rahman and the tilawat of Qur'an. Allah states with emphasis that the period should be completed in full - and we fasted for the full 30 days. We carried out the huquq of the month, including wajebaat, albeit with our human failings. Wajebaat, silatul ikhwan, najwa, sharwa, silatul rahim, muwasaat - we offered them all but with our human inadequacies. May Allah accept my ibadat of roza, namaz and all other good deeds - and yours. If there were any lapses, then with the intercession of Mawali Kiram, Khamsatul Athar, Fatima and her children, Aimmat Tahirin and by the intercession of the Duat Kiram, and because of our love for them, may Allah make them complete.<p>Through love for you do I hope for acceptance of my good deeds,<br>and for the forgiveness of my sins,<br>I have been inadequate in knowledge and in deed,<br>but my love for you allows me hope in my incompletions being completed.<p>(munajaat of Syedna Ali bin Maula Mohammed al-Walid, 5th Dai)<p>Shehrullahil Muazzam has been passed, its bounties have ended. And now, the crescent of 'Id ul-Fitr has risen with the tidings of favour and joy. This 'Id as-Sa'id, firstly, may it be felicitous to my Maula, Tayyib az-Zaman, wali al-fath wa an-nasr. And through his continuous nazarat, may it be felicitous to me. And those who live in the safety of my fatherly concern, who love me much, to them, may the happiness of days of 'Id be felicitous. You have come here having supplicated much, especially for me.<p>For my health, for my long life, you have promised zabihats and mannats, have done thousands of sacrifices, some have promised hajj, others umra, others ziyarat of maqamat muqaddasa, and you have prayed daris. <p>Why has all this been done?<p>O my dear children!<p>All this has been done for love. And the effect of this dua has reached me.<p>O gathering of mu'minin!<p>All this has been done only for love for me and the effect of the dua has reached me. Without doubt it has reached me. Feel consoled and be in peace. Always recite this tasbih, which Ibrahim recited: "Wa iza mardat fahuwa yashfin" (When I fall ill, You bestow recovery).<p>I offer praise and am grateful that Allah has given me a life of 89 years. May He grant me a still longer life to sacrifice in the servitude of the Imam az-Zaman. May He clothe me with good health. May He change my agedness to strength to enable me to perform the khidmat required of me. So that I am able to sacrifice myself with a thousand lives. So that I am able to attend well to the needs of mu'minin! and give them good counsel. <p>After some days, it has been more than ten days, O my dear children, I am pleased to see you. And you are pleased to see me. May Allah always keep you pleased and happy - except for the grief of Husain, may He keep you safe from grief.<p>Today, the ummal have come from various bilads bringing the wajebaat. They have come from far and near with the intention of offering their wajebaat to their Dai and Maula. O Mu'minin, I, Mamlook-e-Ale Mohammed, accept your wajebaat. And if there are any shortcomings, I seek forgiveness from Allah for them.<p>Now you all return to your homes, peaceful, bounteous, rewarded and with the glad tidings of having achieved your intentions. And always continue reciting dua for me. "Dua is the shield of a mu'min".<p>O Lord, give us hasanat in this world and in the hereafter.<p>Wa akhiru dawana anil hamdulillahi rabbil allamin.<br> <p><p>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br> <br>© Copyright 1997-2000, NextGen. All Rights Reserved.<br>comments/questions about DBNet? email webmaster@mumineen.org<br>For more information, please refer to the FAQ and the disclaimer.<br>Subscribe to DBNet! Click here.<br>Last modified: January 05, 2001 10:03:17.<br> <br>