We are true bohras

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.

Re: We are true bohras

Unread post by Guest » Wed Sep 18, 2002 1:55 pm

Dear Believer,<br>No, I have not reduced the statement. If you deny the authority of these people as representatives of Allah...you have sinned towards Allah...and you are responsible for your actions/sins towards Allah.<p>I hope this clarifies the point. Allah will be deciding your fate on the day of Judgement based on your deeds. The wasilah of these Awliyah will help you (if you need/care for it).

Re: We are true bohras

Unread post by Guest » Wed Sep 18, 2002 3:57 pm

Dear MuslimFirst,<br>If you look at the statements of abu hanifa..he had stated that if it were not for the two years I spent with abu abduallah (imam jafar sadiq) all I learned would have been in vain.<p>Let me quote something for from al-islam.org<p>"If we refer to history, we will find Malik, the one who established a sect bearing his name, sought to be close to the government and its rulers, making peace with them and following them. He, therefore, became the highly respected man and the famous scholar, and his sect was disseminated through the methods of both terrorizing and attracting people particularly in Andalusia where his student Yahya ibn Yahya went to lengths in befriending the ruler of Andalus. Because of that, he became one of the latter's favorite men. The said ruler rewarded him with the position of judge, since he never appointed anybody as a judge except one of his Maliki friends. <p>We also find out the fact that the reason why Abu Hanifah's sect was propagated after its founder's death because Abu Yusuf and al-Shaybani, who were followers of Abu Hanifah and among his most faithful students, were at the same time very close to Haroun "al-Rasheed," the Abbaside caliph. They played a major role in strengthening the latter's government and supporting and helping it, hence Haroun of the concubines and promiscuity did not permit anyone to be appointed as judge or mufti except with the consent of both of these men who never appointed any judge except if he was a follower of Abu Hanifah's sect. Abu Hanifah, therefore, came to be regarded as the greatest scholar, and his sect as the greatest sect of fiqh implemented, despite the fact that his contemporary scholars went as far as calling him kafir and atheist. Among such scholars were both Imam Ahmad ibn Hanbal and Imam Abul-Hasan al-Ash`ari. <p>Likewise, the Shafi`i sect could not have spread nor gained any momentum had it not been for the support of Abbaside authorities during the time of al-Mu`tasim when Ibn Hanbal retracted his theory that the Holy Qur'an was created, so his star shone during the Nasibi caliph al-Mutawakkil. His sect gained strength and was disseminated when colonial authorities supported Shaykh Muhammad ibn Abd al-Wahhab during the past century, and when the latter cooperated with Al Saud who immediately lent him their support and assisted him and worked diligently to propagate his sect in Hijaz and the Arabian peninsula. <p>The Hanbali sect, thus, became thsed Beleiver- Br qiyam- Your turn!!!