How bohras get jamatkhana....

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
waqarthechamp

How bohras get jamatkhana....

Unread post by waqarthechamp » Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:29 am

Hello everyone I am an Ismaili Nizari muslim (Aga Khani), first of all I am clearly telling u all that I have not post this message to discuss about our faith or any other sect faith or to critise so please only sensable and open minded peoples reply to this topic.

Anyways I have one query that how bohras get jamatkhana, i mean any imam or any dai provide u jamatkhana. I was asking this question because we have seperated after Imam Mustansirbillah(A.S) and after that u and we beleive in different imams. We get jamatkhana in the era of Imam Islam Shah(A.S) and he came after 11 imams of Imam Mustansirbillah(A.S), then how u get jamatkhanas :confused: . Please donot take this question in any wrong sense or for any fighting purposes and only reply to the question. Hope any one surely answer to this question.... Thanks

Kind Regards,
Waqar Hemani

Kaka Akela

Re: How bohras get jamatkhana....

Unread post by Kaka Akela » Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:40 pm

Br. Waqar Hemani: salam Alaikum
I don't understand your question. What do you mean by"how do we GET our Jamatkhana"???? We have both , a masjid and a jamaatkhana!!!! Your jamaatkhana is equivalnt of our masjid. Are you asking "how we get our masjid"???? or " how we get OUR jamaatkhana"????
However, either one is gotten on donations from people or a single family offers to construct it for sawaab. And either property has to be donated to our Waqf board of Dawat-e-Hadiyah and has to be accepted by our Dai who is a representative of our Imam-in-Seclusion. Acceptance process starts even before the start of construction, We volunteer or offer to build either one and Dai accepts the offer and gives permission (Raza) to start.
Do you people have to get permission or Raza of your Imam before the start of construction of your Jamaatkhanas????

Musafir

Unread post by Musafir » Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:42 pm

Kaka,

Waqar's question is not clear, what I understood from his question is that which Imam aked you to built Jamatkhana or Masjid. As he mentioned that Ismaili Imam in their era asked Ismailies to built Jamat Khana's in the same reference, whcih Imam or Dai started building jamatkhana, out of traditional Islamic mosque.

waqarthechamp

Unread post by waqarthechamp » Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:03 am

Hello man I think my question is not clear to u I was asking that as all muslims have their masjids to pray and only ismailies nizaris and ismaili bohras have jamatkhanas(u have masjid as well thats another topic), any ways our Pir Saddruddin(ismaili nizari Pir come in the era of Imam Islam Shah (A.S).) had started jamatkhanas to pray (as we have some different concepts then sunnis and other shia sects so we can't pray with them in our way) with the granted permission of Imam Islam Shah(A.S) and then on we have jamatkhanas to pray. The question which I was asking is that we have seperated after Imam Mustansirbillah(A.S) and after along time(11 imams after) Imam Islam Shah(A.S) take the authority of Imamat so at that time u and we seperated since long time and we (nizaris and bohras) have many dissimilarities too then how this concept of jamatkhana is develope in ur sect???? :)

Kaka Akela

Unread post by Kaka Akela » Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:08 pm

Br. Waqar hemani: salaam alaikum
Now that I understand your question, it is easier to answer, but thru no fault of yours I am still confused because in your sect the jamaat khana (a Persian word)is used for dual (or more) purposes, in our sect jamaatkhana is strictly used for feeding/eating and other social functions like marriages etc., and masjids are strictly used for prayers and waez or majlis etc. with no eating involved.
As you already know that masjids came into existence right from Rasulullah(S.A.)'s time, infact he built the first one in Madina.
As far as Jamaatkhanas are concerned they came into existance in our sect during the early period of doat after the imam Tayyib went into seclusion, as the numbers of followers increased and as the emphasis on feeding for sawaab was made abundantly clear to the followers.
Infact praying in the masjid and feeding elsewhere is also clear in the story of how Maola Ali was in masjid praying and breaking his fast with 3 lukma of flour while his sons Hasan & Husain were feeding the people in another location. I don't remember the arabic name for this location in those days (days of Maola Ali) but the concept may have been there even before our doat's time,Jamaatkhana name was adopted by us in Indo-Pak area only, in yemen and other Arab locations our community uses another name (perhaps Mawaid) which I don't recall at the moment but we use it in our sect during Ashara time. hope this answers your question.

Musafir

Unread post by Musafir » Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:58 pm

Kaka, good explaination. A point to make it clear, these days Ismaili Jamat khana's are purpose built. One part of the Jamat khana is called prayer hall, where the food except for the religious ceremonies is strictly not allowe. The second are of the jamat khana is called Social Hall. In Social Halls, Ismaili jamat serves, food and does other functions besides the religous nature. All the mayat's are done in social hall.

waqarthechamp

Unread post by waqarthechamp » Sat Oct 29, 2005 5:08 pm

Assalamwalaikum to u all Thank u very much Mr.Kaka. So from ur answer I understand that in the era after ur imam Tayyab went in seculation this concept of jamatkhana build in ur sect for just social activities and not for prayers right? for prayers u have masjids......anyways thank u very much if anyone else wanna answer this question through his knowledge or may be Mr.Kaka had miss something then u can reply....bye take care

Kind Regards,
Waqar Hemani

waqarthechamp

Unread post by waqarthechamp » Sat Oct 29, 2005 5:12 pm

really very sorry guys by mistake I have wrote seculation instead of seclusion really very sorry......