Sheesh!! How Ignorant Can They Get???

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
saifali

Sheesh!! How Ignorant Can They Get???

Unread post by saifali » Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:52 pm

Recently there were talks tht a tax collector met syedna and asked him..'wht is the source of all this wealth of urs?' syedna just called one of his tails and told him to get him a glass of water.. syedna took a sip and told his tail, tht sell this glass to the people outside screaming for me... the glass of water was bid for a couple of lacs of rupees.. the tax collector was literally 'stunned'... this shows how stupid and ignorant people r... and the person who told me this incident was an orthodox bohri and related me this incident describing the 'love of the people for moula' DOWNRIGHT IGNORANT!!

mumin_mukhlish

Re: Sheesh!! How Ignorant Can They Get???

Unread post by mumin_mukhlish » Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:56 pm

moushy8,
I would love to know the definition of being IGNORANT or KNOWLEDGEABLE according to you.
I guess, person who pays wajebaat to Moula(TUS) is ignorant and who doesn't is knowledgeable. Am I correct? :D
Your above post suggests how effectively you are burning in Hell even on this earth :D

Aleem

Unread post by Aleem » Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:36 am

Moushy,

The ignorance is well known and there are hundreds of stories and anecdotes floating around. However, I doubt he would have said such things to a tax collector. It's in his interests 'not' to portray himself as a cult figure-head isn't it?

I think it's equally important that we don't beleive all the "reformist HYPE" and take everyhting with a pinch of salt.

What is interesting is the fact the "hype" flows so freely amongst the community (including the orthodox) - you say yourself that the source of the story was an orthodox bohra. IMHO this proves that the community members internally are frustrated with the khotar administration but have no way of confidently vocalising as all channels of 'complaint' are strictly controlled.

Therefore, word-of-mouth and the bohri grapevine permeate rumours and hype to get accross the tacit message that the syedna/khotar are not what they claim to be.

Carl

Unread post by Carl » Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:57 am

mumin_mukhlish:

Your current position is like "Dhobi ka kutta na ghar ka na ghat ka"

-------------------------
u have learnt all religion that is so true to u until u live.
for u have learnt that 'dhobi' and 'kutta' and their values and status, as living in oblivion.

Now it is for u to decide who is the 'dhobi' (your moula) and the kutaa/s (followers of the dhobi).
And you could even contemplate even whether 'dhobis' and 'kutaas' are interchangeable.

Only a though on this site which has got immense value that is being skewed with likes of you here.

Yes, its only a thought. But you and your moula, the all that is not right, already do know all and more about this.

saifali

Unread post by saifali » Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:10 pm

mumin_mumkish U wanna know the meaning of ignorance??? LOOK AT URSELF! think wht u follow and whom u follow rather than just jumping into the bandwagon... and as for me, i am not burning in hell on earth its u who is and if u dont realize wht maula (tus) (whtever!) is doing ... well , i guess u know the consequences.... :roll:

saifali

Unread post by saifali » Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:22 pm

ameen, lets suppose syedna wouldnt have done such a thing in front of the tax collector... But wht can a petty tax collector stand in the way of syedna.. Syedna can just crush him like a roach if he would have said something against him.. why, he has so many goverments under him.. i will tell u something wht happened in the place i stay... syedna asked one of the janab's to go ask the indian embassy ambassador to make it a rule in all indian schools (in the place i stay) to assure all Bohra students wear a topi for boys and a redah for girls and i have seen it with my eyes students dresssed like complete jokers studing in school and other students poking fun at them...wht have u got to say abt tht?? even though this is just a petty little thing it still forcing students to wear tht costume and go to school...

Aleem

Unread post by Aleem » Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:49 am

Originally posted by moushy8:
ameen, lets suppose syedna wouldnt have done such a thing in front of the tax collector... But wht can a petty tax collector stand in the way of syedna.. Syedna can just crush him like a roach if he would have said something against him.. why, he has so many goverments under him.. i will tell u something wht happened in the place i stay... syedna asked one of the janab's to go ask the indian embassy ambassador to make it a rule in all indian schools (in the place i stay) to assure all Bohra students wear a topi for boys and a redah for girls and i have seen it with my eyes students dresssed like complete jokers studing in school and other students poking fun at them...wht have u got to say abt tht?? even though this is just a petty little thing it still forcing students to wear tht costume and go to school...
Moushy8,

I am not disagreeing with you mate. For sure all this goes on. I was just pointing out that there is also a lot of hype in the community.

Furthermore, and on the plus side, the fact that such hype exists and perpetuates proves that resentment against the priesthood of syendna is as strong as it is valid.

About the school example you gave - you are right it is bloody ridiculous. I don't think these kind of things would happen in more developed countries though - especially in the western world where khotar has no civil/ political clout.

What place are you talking about - Is it in Africa?? Are you able to indicate - i understand if you can't for 'privacy' and 'anonimity' concerns?

tahir

Unread post by tahir » Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:32 am

syedna asked one of the janab's to go ask the indian embassy ambassador to make it a rule in all indian schools (in the place i stay) to assure all Bohra students wear a topi for boys and a redah for girls and i have seen it with my eyes students dresssed like complete jokers studing in school and other students poking fun at them....
Same is the case with the haj attire of bohras. When all the 2 million plus pilgrims are wrapped "only" in Ehram during those 3-5 haj days, bohras are made to wear the quomi payjama as undergarment beneath the Ehram. They not only invite curious and even angry looks from other hajis but also become a butt of joke of everone including the bohras themselves. You can't help laughing on yourself in that Burhani dress. This is actually a way by which the dai flags its sheep lest they mix with "others".

Aleem

Unread post by Aleem » Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:10 pm

Originally posted by tahir:
When all the 2 million plus pilgrims are wrapped "only" in Ehram during those 3-5 haj days, bohras are made to wear the quomi payjama as undergarment beneath the Ehram. They not only invite curious and even angry looks from other hajis but also become a butt of joke of everone including the bohras themselves.[/QB]
Adding ontot the Haj issue, the fact then bohras are told to "pretend pray" when the rest of the ummah do their salaat in the haram in Mecca and then run away to the rubaat to do their "real namaaz".

How can this be right?

saifali

Unread post by saifali » Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:00 pm

Aleem ur right tht i dont mention the place i live for anonimity reasons... anyways i assure u tht in stay in a place which is very developed and is highly linked with the U.S(in good terms)... another clue, its got the highest currency rate in the world!.. and its an very small arab country.. Start guessing!!

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sun Nov 13, 2005 5:44 pm

How many countries in the world can have the highest currency rate in the world. Wow!! That will be one difficult guess, I am sure nobody on this board will guess the right one and your country will remain hidden and anonymous forever!!

mumin_mukhlish

Unread post by mumin_mukhlish » Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:26 pm

Quote by Aleem :
About the school example you gave - you are right it is bloody ridiculous. I don't think these kind of things would happen in more developed countries though - especially in the western world where khotar has no civil/ political clout.
FYI, I knw at least 4 students in US who wear topi and rida in college and very well appreciated by other non bohra students. FYI, they don't come from Kothar and they are just common Mumin. One of them is doing Ph.D.

Aleem

Unread post by Aleem » Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:41 am

Originally posted by mumin_mukhlish:
FYI, I knw at least 4 students in US who wear topi and rida in college and very well appreciated by other non bohra students. FYI, they don't come from Kothar and they are just common Mumin. One of them is doing Ph.D.[/QB]
MM,

I was not saying that wearing rida/ topi in school is ridiculous. If you want to adorn quomi libaas out of your personal choice then all the power to you!

What I was getting at referred back to Moushy8's point. I was saying that it is ridiculous for the khotar to pressurise indian embassy's to force bohras to wear topi and rida in schools.

Aleem

Unread post by Aleem » Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:08 am

Aleem ur right tht i dont mention the place i live for anonimity reasons... anyways i assure u tht in stay in a place which is very developed and is highly linked with the U.S(in good terms)... another clue, its got the highest currency rate in the world!.. and its an very small arab country.. Start guessing!!
No worries,

Arab countries - I suppose that doesnt surprise me and khotar would make an attempt to dictate tersm to indian embassy's in the muslim world as rather than trying it in the western world.

(do you get out to failaka much? ;) )

saifali

Unread post by saifali » Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:55 am

(do you get out to failaka much? ;) )[/QB][/QUOTE]

Aleem,
hmmmm... Failaka ,huh?? VERY CLOSE.......VERY VERY CLOSE..... U can pm me and tell me if u have guessed the country ...

saifali

Unread post by saifali » Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:03 am

Aleem,
the worst part is tht boys r also growing lonngg beards too! and it actually depends on the students to follow the rules... wearing ridah and topi in school is ur personal choice,wht the kothar only did was to allow students to wear ridah n topi only if they want to...

Did u know tht documentry films r bieng showed in the husseinia's highlighting the fact tht boys and girls should get married soon after their misak... i mean tht how cunning the kothar is now getting to be.. they r doing these things so tht people dont get married to out castes and revolutionize....

tahir

Unread post by tahir » Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:35 am

Did u know tht documentry films r bieng showed in the husseinia's highlighting the fact tht boys and girls should get married soon after their misak... i mean tht how cunning the kothar is now getting to be.. they r doing these things so tht people dont get married to out castes and revolutionize....
Hey moushy, they are more cunning than you could imagine. The underlying agenda behind early marriages is actually to trap the kids into chores of life so that they do not invest the fertile energy of youth in contemplating and finding the true path. And even if they do find the reality, they are rendered sterile by the family pressure to confirm. With the double edged sword of marriage, they kill both - your intellect and your courage. Just think, why do you have to keep your identity secret!!