Sabak mailinglist - a new brainwashing stunt?

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.

Sabak mailinglist - a new brainwashing stunt?

Unread post by Guest » Fri Feb 16, 2001 2:35 pm

Here's what I got in my mail today. I this kothar's new brainwashing stunt?<p>-----------------------------<p>Mu' meneen Brothers and Sisters,<p>As Salaam Aleikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh. (May Allah's Peace, Mercy and Blessings be upon all of you)<p> Welcome to the Dawoodi Bohra Helpline, where, with the help of Allah Subhanah, we intend to present the true Deen of Islam in the light of the Holy Quran and the traditions followed by Allah's Messenger Mohamed (saws). Every day we will be sending you one sabak, and we will anticipate your response eagerly. You are welcome to ask any questions about Islam and we will try our best to answer your queries and forward the question and answer confidentially on the internet, Insha Allah. Brothers and Sisters, we understand that you might be busy and may not have the time to read the whole email properly. We thus request you to take a print of this email and read it at leisure, for the Pleasure of Allah Subhanah. We also request you to forward this email to your family and friends, so that all of them can receive guidance from the words of Allah. May Allah guide and keep us all on the Siraat-ul-Mustaqeem (the Straight- Path of Islam). <p> To ask a question on this forum, simply send email to us at q&a@dawoodibohrahelpline.com<p>If you do wish to belong to the Dawoodibohrahelpline group, you can subscribe by sending an email to dawoodibohra_helpline-subscribe@egroups.com , where you can receive all the archive copies of sabaks and questions and answers. Y ou can also visit the website by clicking here http://groups.yahoo.com/mygroups<p> <p>Our Lord Allah is indeed the Most Gracious, Most Merciful. He is the Oft-Forgiving, provided somebody comes and asks for repentance before his appointment of death. <p>May Allah make us of those who constantly beg Allah to forgive us our sins and take us into His infinite Mercy and Protection. Ameen.<p>May Allah guide you and us all to the Siraat al-Mustaqeem<p>Your brother and well wisher in Islam,<p> <p>Burhan<p>

Re: Sabak mailinglist - a new brainwashing stunt?

Unread post by Guest » Sun Feb 18, 2001 5:15 pm

I have been interested in Masa'ali Ismailism for quite a while and thats why I come to this board often. A few Bohras that I have known do not admit reading Qur'an to understand it. I found an article on inability of a person to read and understand Qur'an at their own at mumineen.org and even wrote to the author, whose reply I was unable to relate to. Generally, Bohras are not allowed to read it, reasons best known to the Bohra priesthood.<p>However, this group that you mentioned seems to be quite different from traditional school of thought. I just went there to check the place and read only one message. This is part of the response to a question need to understand Qur'an. (It surely is not under the influence of the Borha priesthood).<p>url for this question: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dawoodibo ... ---<br>And I could go on and on and on, giving evidence after evidence from the Quran itself that this Book is easy to understand, that there is no crookedness in it, that there are no double meanings to it, that it is direct, that it is perfectly clear, AND THAT IT IS A MESSAGE FROM THE LORD OF THE WORLDS!!!! <p> <p>The Glorious Quran is used by the Bohras as a Book of ‘Baraka’ and ‘Shifa’, but not as a Book which guides mankind to Islam. Tens of millions of people worldwide have embraced Islam, just after reading this Glorious Quran, but the Bohras are not allowed by their leadership to understand it!! There are many eminent ‘scholars’ in the community who have memorized the whole Quran, but do not understand even one aayah!! They keep multiple copies in each house, and recite and recite, but are not allowed to understand the clear meanings of the Glorious Quran!! They have an university of Islamic studies only for the Bohras, but the Quran and its interpretation is not even taught. Thus the scholars who come out of there are ignorant of the guidance of the Glorious Quran, but are experts at Tajweed, Recitation, Memorization, Fiqh, Da’aim ul Islam, etc. But they have never ever understood the whole Quran in its context, even once!!<p> <p>I know several non-muslims who read and understood the Glorious Quran, once, and convert to Islam. I have heard and read of several others who have read and understood the Holy Quran and converted to Islam!! But for some reason, which the leadership knows best, Bohras are not allowed to understand the Quran. <p> <p>They say an aayah has 10 meanings each, and if you read it, you will mis-understand! They say the Quran is only supposed to be understood by their leadership, and not the common fools like us! They say that if you read and understand the Holy Quran, you might leave the fold of Islam! They say that the Quran must be understood only in Arabic and not in any other language! They say learn the Quran from the leadership, but they never teach the Quran themselves in any of their classes! They don’t even have a translation of their own, nor do they approve of an existing translation! And the most interesting part is, one of the most respected and authentic translations of the Glorious Quran, ever written in the English language, and accepted in all countries worldwide, was written by a Bohra himself … His name is Abdulla Yusuf Ali. He was excommunicated from the Bohra community because he was not given permission by the leadership to translate the Holy Quran, and he went ahead and did it anyway. He had the permission of the One who Created the heavens and the earth and everything in between! Today, literally tens of millions of Muslims read and study the Abdulla Yusuf Ali English translation of the Holy Quran all over the world!! Alhamdolillah<br>---<p>Best Regards,<br>Musalmaan

Re: Sabak mailinglist - a new brainwashing stunt?

Unread post by Guest » Sun Feb 18, 2001 7:53 pm

The irony is that Mr. Abdullah Yusufali Ali, the interpreter of the Holy Quran in to English Language was born a Bohri. He died in London during the 1960s.<p>His Biography is now available as under:<p>SEARCHING FOR SOLACE: A<br> BIOGRAPHY OF ABDULLAH YUSUF<br> ALI - INTERPRETER OF THE QUR'AN<br> By M A Sherif. Published by Islamic book<br> Trust, Kuala Lampur, Malaysia. 1994.<p>Please see http://www.afkar.com/yusuf.html<p>