Leadership in prayers

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
anajmi

Leadership in prayers

Unread post by anajmi » Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:12 pm

What is the bohra take on leadership in prayers? Can a group of two or more bohras form a jama'a or does one have to be an Amil appointed by the Syedna? References from the Daimul Islam will be appreciated.

Al Zulfiqar

Re: Leadership in prayers

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:12 am

send an arzi into Hazrate Imaimiyah with a cheque of 1752/= requesting info sought, and an additional 752/= to relate same to Daim -ul -islam.

the arzi reply will be sent to yr jamaat aamil so pls mention yr ejamaat id.

humble_servant_us

Unread post by humble_servant_us » Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:58 am

anajmi
salaam,

Good question to know from what Bohra fiqh actually says about this rather than what is actually practiced nowadays.

However for information sake nowadays the person leading prayers should have the raza of Sayedna directly or indirectly(indirectly is through someone who has a raza to give raza)

Gursevak

Unread post by Gursevak » Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:53 am

and what is the sunni take on this both in theory and in practice. i heard that in some mosques the pesh imam has to have proven commando training. it is probably a lie but just curious whether it is true

mr cool

Unread post by mr cool » Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:56 am

you dont need Amil appointed by the Syedna to lead the prayers there is few conditions that applies that is if you have older person if he is cable of leading the prays thats fine. other wise chose a person who can lead the prayers.thats what i know

tahir

Unread post by tahir » Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:44 pm

Originally posted by anajmi:
Can a group of two or more bohras form a jama'a or does one have to be an Amil appointed by the Syedna?
When two or more bohras meet they don't think of prayers but of gathering a few more to complete the thaal.

haseebsiddique

Unread post by haseebsiddique » Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:26 pm

Salams,
Tahir, :D that was rightly answered by you.
gursevak, I am sure what you heard about the 'commando training' is from a like minded thinker like you, the one who can stoop as low as you do,,,,,,,, :D

Safiuddin

Unread post by Safiuddin » Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:57 pm

commando training
Yeh kaunsi kisam ki badtameezi hain?

Gursevak

Unread post by Gursevak » Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:51 pm

yeh badtamizee nahin hein

http://www.chowk.com/articles/13234
The Swat valley was already known for supplying a good number of Pesh Imams to both Pakistani and Indian masjids. The Madrassah that provided Pesh Imam all over the country, were turned in to militant providers for the benefit of narrow goals that the army supports.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:44 pm

moonlight,

Where do you know it from? Did you hear it in sabak? I advise you to ask an Amil if it is ok for you and your friends to pray in a jama'a and let me know what answer he gives you.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:56 pm

I was actually looking forward to responses from porus and Muslim, but looks like they chickened out.

tahir

Unread post by tahir » Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:11 am

Originally posted by Gursevak:
i heard that in some mosques the pesh imam has to have proven commando training.
Talking of religio-militancy, Sikh gurus were commandoes. Sardars have to compulsarily keep a dagger ( kirpan ).

Gursevak

Unread post by Gursevak » Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:22 am

tahir bhai,

ur posts so far have been balanced and more pro-india then mine so i hope u have studied the background to why sikhs had to carry the dagger. if the other less openminded posters here care to read the history of the sikhs they may get a rude awakening - the moghuls were not as egalitarian as the cherishers of islamic tradition in india would like to believe. if muslims can have their pillars so can any other religion - sikhs carry symbolic daggers but do not use them to attack innocent people at busstops and markets.

enjoy christmas - have an extra peg yaar.

Hussain_KSA

Unread post by Hussain_KSA » Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:35 am

Brother Gursevak,

Now in Jamea they should give commando training to Amils and miya sahib too. Due to prevailing situation in community the day is not far when people will turn against the leaders. The commando training will be useful Amil and miyasaheb to at least rescue their lives. ;)

tahir

Unread post by tahir » Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:44 am

enjoy christmas - have an extra peg yaar.
I already had. Cheers mate

This chrismas, lets try to cleanse the bitterness deposited in our guts.

tahir

Unread post by tahir » Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:54 am

the moghuls were not as egalitarian as the cherishers of islamic tradition in india would like to believe.
I don't believe anything I'd just watch Ashutosh Gavarikar's Akbar Jodha with a popcorn.

Btw, lets not talk about a narrow pro or anti Indian but Pro or anti humanity..

About killing people on bus stops, I hope you'll recall the period in Punjab from 1984 to 1992. There is an animal within everyone. Can you tame yours?

Gursevak

Unread post by Gursevak » Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:25 pm

there indeed is animal within all but there is the divine within each as well - it is the one who lets the divine overrule the animal who is the true human

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:54 am

[quote]Originally posted by Hussain_KSA:
Brother Gursevak,

Now in Jamea they should give commando training to Amils and miya sahib too. Due to prevailing situation in community the day is not far when people will turn against the leaders. The commando training will be useful Amil and miyasaheb to at least rescue their lives. :D :D :D

then the amils who have the highest degrees in karate will get the best postings. i.e. a black belt 10th dan will get san fransisco, a lower one will get chicago, a green belt will get ranala, a yellow belt maybe mandsaur and so on.

and if the revolt and violent discontent amongst bohras spreads, then even MKD's, NKD's and mullahs will be awarded based on their martial arts skills, besides just fat salaams!! titles like BKD (bhayankar karate dawoodi) and SKD (sardar karate dawoodi) may have to be created to recognise these saviours of the kothar....

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:02 am

the mind boggles at the possibilities....

who will take the final exams of these karate bhaisahebs and sheikhs at the daras? normally the syedna attends. so now will qaid johar conduct said exam? maybe assisted by jet li and jackie chan?

i think they would do well to consult with the RSS on this secret commando training as the RSS has been conducting the formation of secret cadres since independence. the friendship with narendra modi is a definite help in this regard.

aavo bhai harkha, apne bewe sarkha!

Safiuddin

Unread post by Safiuddin » Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:06 am

yeh badtamizee nahin hein
Gursevak thank you for posting the link. My knee jerk reaction was to consider your post inappropriate. I appreciate the link.