Dhule Riots

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
SBM

Dhule Riots

Unread post by SBM » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:17 pm

In last couple of days there have been Hindu Muslim riots in Dhule near Nasik. It has been reported that many Bohras have lost their business and houses torched by Modi's henchmen i.e.BJP and RSS goons. Does anyone knows about this .......

Gulf

Re: Dhule Riots

Unread post by Gulf » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:03 am

no info, please update if you have

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:49 pm

Riot-hit Dhule enters fourth day of curfew
http://www.outlookindia.com/pti_news.asp?id=617521

Hussain_KSA

Unread post by Hussain_KSA » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:33 am

Brother Oma

According to my information 17 shops and 22 houses of Bohra families were burnt down. One bohra Mr. Asghar beside many other bohra mumineen including some female and children were injured.

Aarif

Unread post by Aarif » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:59 am

According to my information 17 shops and 22 houses of Bohra families were burnt down.
And what did syedna do?? I think he must have sent some "phook nu paani" to extinguish the fire that engulfed the property of these bohras... Has anybody noticed how these abde retards disappear when someone posts these kind of disturbing news... However, these same retards will happily come back to criticize some dead good man who stood against the tyranny of syedna and kothar...

East Africawalla

Unread post by East Africawalla » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:03 pm

Arif,

This is our problem , lets solve it together , it does not help with you accusing Syedna for not helping .

It seems everytime there is a problem the easiest option for you is to accuse Kothar or Syedna not doing anything, what are you personally doing to help?

Regards,

Aarif

Unread post by Aarif » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:09 pm

Africawalla,

Please tell me how we can solve this problem... I will do my level best to help...

Aarif

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:26 pm

Admin:
This thread is about Dhulia Riots. Can you please take out the postings and inter fighting of Znanawala and Anjami to another thread.
Africawalla: Can you please enlighten us about the damage done to Bohra properties and how are being they helped. Now we hear there is a curfew in Burhanpur and I am sure many Bohras might be affected there. The point is all the money and the honor spent for Narendra Modi to safeguard Bohras did not pay off.

babu

Unread post by babu » Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:16 am

feelgud

Unread post by feelgud » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:35 am

Quiet but tense situation in Dhule
Submitted by Tarique Anwar on 10 October 2008 - 5:35pm. Crime/Terrorism Indian Muslim
By Md. Ali, TwoCircles.net,

Patna: Dhule, Maharashtra remained quite today. There were no reports of any violence or rioting today even as the administration relaxed the curfew for three hours.

Violence broke out on October 5, 2008 on the issue of a provocative poster pasted in the area. According to administration 10 people have lost their lives in the violence.
http://www.twocircles.net/2008oct10/qui ... dhule.html

Maqbool

Unread post by Maqbool » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:04 am

http://www.hindu.com/2008/10/14/stories ... 371300.htm

Dhule news part is pasted here

Livelihoods go up in smoke in Dhule

Meena Menon

DHULE (MAHARASHTRA): Shabbir Merchant Burhani is a broken man today. He can’t hold back his tears as he talks about the loss of his shops at Datta Chowk in Dhule. He owned Burhani Complex and a mall on the ground floor which was gutted in the communal riots which broke out on October 5. “I have lost Rs.1.35 crore totally,” he said. Five shops of the 40 in the complex were looted by the mob.

Mr. Burhani’s shops were being targeted for the third time. First, in the 1992 riots after the Babri Masjid demolition and then in 2000. But the damage then was not so extensive. “They could have looted the mall. Why did they have to burn it down and destroy it? Twelve years ago, it cost me Rs.72 lakh to build it,” he said.
“What is our crime?”

The Dawoodi Bohra community to which he belongs lost 28 shops in the city. Only four shops remain. “We don’t even have insurance as we are not permitted to take risk cover. The mall was a very posh building and an easy target. What is our fault? We are businessmen, we pay tax to the government and we are Hindustanis. What is our crime?” he asked.

The eldest of six brothers, Mr. Burhani said he and the others had called the police many times but no help was forthcoming. “We know the people who did this as my brothers can identify them,” he added.

Hozefa

Story of the dhulia riot

Unread post by Hozefa » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:58 am

Story of the dhulia riot

Interview of ebrahimbhai dhuliawala by Mudar patherya, calcutta

Q: How would you describe the communal riot that started in dhulia (dhule), maharashtra, on 5 october 2008?

A: the riot has been a watershed in our existence – to the point that a number of us who were settled in dhulia for decades are seriously contemplating leaving the watan after merely four days of violence. The irony is that we mumineen were law abiding, faithful to the country, absolutely non-communal and with excellent relations with all communities for decades. However, when the riots broke out, this made no difference. We were branded. We were targeted. We were victimised. We were looted with bedardi and most of us completely wiped out. A number of mumineen ‘khalaas thai gaya ’ and ‘havey khawana fa-fa chhey’.

Q: How bad was the violence?

A: the riot in dhulia followed a familiar script - mumineen being caught in the clash between two communities and looted single mindedly. The irony is that in the aftermath of the riot, a number of sane minded Hindus openly confess that the Bohras had really nothing to do with this communal nonsense but were wrongly targeted. With good reason: the Bohras represented the only ‘lootable’ segment from within the minority community, so while the other segments of the minority community were targeted in other humiliating ways, we were targeted economically. However, there were stray instances when the violence perpetrated on mumineen extended beyond the economic: in one case, a mumin bhai returning from nasik was forcibly shaved, stripped and paraded naked in front of his family.

Q: ‘Wiped out.’ Can you explain the statement?

A: we were a community of 600 individuals in dhulia with around 70 shops. I would reckon that around 75 per cent of the shops were completely cleaned out. When I mean ‘completely’, I mean that these shops were looted for all the stocks that they possessed and thereafter, for all the furniture. The amazing thing is that the looting was clinically planned: it was carried out by the backward classes – if you know the way most riots in the country are planned, you will realize that much of the looting is delegated to people who can benefit most from it – and it was conducted with the help of organized transport under police vigilance. You actually had a number of Tata Ace mini-vans line in front of mumineen shops and looted of high cost and quick moving stock in the first phase of the looting that began on 6 october. After one mini van had been stocked with looted material, another empty minivan would materialize immediately after and after this van had been stocked, another would come in immediately after. It was like an assembly line operation. one would actually think that the shop was up and running and someone inside the shop was actually filling out a challan and dispatching material for sale, except that this was full-fledged loot! The riots were selected cleverly as an opportunity for the have-nots to get even with the haves with official protection!

Q: didn’t the mumineen even attempt to prevent this?

A: in a number of cases the mumineen didn’t even get to know as the house and the shop were at a distance and much of the looting transpired behind their back. In other cases where the shop and house were joint – this is a common feature in semi urban India – the process employed was to torch the house, drive real fear into the residents and then loot cum torch the shop. The only instance where this was not followed was when the looters encountered a well stocked – it had four years of consumption material in it – shop of fireworks and they merely looted but did not torch for the fear of setting off an uncontrollable blaze that would have affected the other community since this shop was right in the middle of an integrated neighbourhood. This, however, did not prevent them from torching the fireworks warehouse slightly outside of dhulia and the result was that when this place exploded, we could heard the boom 12 kms away. Imagine!

Q: Didn’t the police step in stop this?

A: I must make this point that we strongly feel that the police was hand in glove with the looters. They did an excellent job of playing passive spectators. They gave the looters a free run for three full days before the first arrests took place on Wednesday last week. There is a pertinent term which describes the role the police played and that is ‘mili bhagat’. This is precisely the reason that a number of mumineen have lost the heart to stay back in dhulia . I mean we could work hard and industriously for years, build up savings, create a respectable establishments and all this could disappear in front of our eyes because the police would take sides. The foundation of a credible society is the assurance of ‘jaan aney maal ni hifaazat’ but when the law enforcer colludes with the law breaker the first reaction is ‘let us get out of here’.

Q: how are mumineen getting their economic momentum back?

A: most of us who are dealers and agents for their organized sector have asked our principals to extend our three week receivables cycle to a couple of months and I am relieved to state that in most cases this has become a reality. That is on the supply side. On the sales side, we have a more serious problem: as things stand today, members of one community have decided to buy only from within their community. We mumineen had a flourishing multi-community customer base and besides how much will 600 people buy from within? So we stand to be considerably affected if this persists for long.

Q: are most mumineen contemplating leaving dhulia ?

A: A number of them definitely are because they are completely ruined and do not have any confidence left in the system. They had struggled and created a financial base for themselves, invested extensively in inventory and today they have gone back a number of years in their earnings cycle.

At such a bleak time in our lives, there has been only one ray of hope and that has been the dua mubaraka of huzurala. When the news of the dhulia riot was conveyed, he interrupted the imtihaan address and pronounced dua for us mumineen., his words - ‘aag ma si bag thai jaasey’ and ‘ek na sittair thai jaasey’ – have given us hope. Besides, we have in front of us the precedent of what happened in gujarat where mumineen recovered from the riots of 2002 and are considerably better off now than they ever were.

Our aqeeda is simple: if this could happen there then with huzurala’s dua it could happen here as well. At this trying time in our lives, huzurala’s dua is our only himmat!

Smart

Unread post by Smart » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:46 pm

Where was huzurala's dua when their shops and houses were being burnt?
And will only dua come to help? No dawa? Or money?

Hozefa

Unread post by Hozefa » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:49 pm

Muslims targeted in Dhule

Meena Menon

DHULE: Mohammed Salim Nizamuddin, a 42-year-old powerloom worker, was returning home from Bhiwandi on October 5 in a jeep. When the vehicle reached the highway near Dhule on Sunday evening, he and his four co-passengers were pulled out by a mob. “They broke the glass on the jeep. We were beaten up badly. I just ran for my life and took shelter nearby,” he said. Mohammed said the people who gave him shelter told him not to reveal their identity. “Such is the terror in Dhule that even those who shelter Muslims are targeted,” he said. He added that there was a police van in front of their vehicle which tipped off the mob that there were Muslims in the jeep. “The mob beat us saying we had destroyed a temple,” he added.

Dhule city has a population of around five lakh of which 25 per cent are Muslim. When the riots broke out, there was a lot of tension at the Civil hospital too. According to an official source who wishes to remain anonymous, there was a fracas outside the hospital between the two communities. Some patients were beaten up outside the casualty ward and the police did nothing. IG, Nashik Range, S.P. Gupta said this was all “bunkum.” Nothing of the sort happened.

The hospital though has admitted a number of Muslim patients and civil surgeon T.D. Khot denied that any incident like this took place. “We don’t know what happened outside the hospital but we treated 220 patients of which 71 were Muslim. Of the 28 patients still admitted, 14 are Muslim,” he said. The Muslims still at the hospital did not complain of any ill-treatment.

At the Civil hospital Abdus Sattar, 53, a head load worker, with back injuries and a fracture of the right hand says he was attacked by some boys on the night of October 8. “I was letting out my goats for the night, when I was ambushed. I had to wait till morning to come to hospital because of curfew,” he said.

Sheikh Ramzan who sells chillies in the market left for home early on Sunday due to the riots but he did not escape. The mob attacked Ramzan and now he has multiple leg fractures and his right foot has a serious axe injury. “I had to drag myself for some distance before the police brought me here,” he said.

However, a different picture emerged at the Sarvajanik hospital run by the Dawoodi Bohra Charitable Trust. Dr. Abid Sheikh of the Trust said he had taken a patient to the Civil hospital on October 5 evening with a bad cervical cut. “We entered the hospital and there was a mob attacking the Muslims. The ambulance was surrounded. We left the patient there and had to run for our lives,” Dr. Sheikh said. The patient had come to Sarvajanik but since there were no emergency services there, Dr. Sheikh had to take him to the Civil hospital.

Abdul Aziz who was injured in the riots in Devpur on October 5 said he was taken to the Civil hospital the next day and they just put a “katcha” bandage on his injuries and told him to leave in two days. “Abdul came here with fractures of the left hand and head injuries,” said a doctor. Abdul Latif Bhaiyya Patel from Wani village, 12 km. from Dhule said: “There were nine of us inside the Masjid on October 6 offering prayers. At around 11.30 a.m. about 50 to 60 people started attacking us with swords.” His right hand is fractured and he has 15 stitches on his head. “If the police had not come we would have been burnt alive,” he said. They were too scared of going to the Civil hospital. All nine were severely injured and admitted to Sarvajanik. Ishaaq Ahmed, 23, who was in the mosque at Wani has cerebral edema, a spinal fracture and his left limbs are paralysed. “I don’t think I can ever move my leg,” he said.

The rumours of people not being allowed inside the Civil hospital spread like wildfire and most Muslims came to Sarvajanik as a result, said Dr. Afzal Khan from the hospital. He said the mob broke an ambulance and two ambulance drivers were severely injured. A social worker shifting the patients was also attacked.

Sarvajanik has treated 170 patients so far and 123 of them are still here. The wards are full of people with severe injuries ranging from acid burns to multiple fractures.

http://www.hindu.com/2008/10/15/stories ... 421400.htm

Sajid Zafar

Hindu Muslim riots in Dhulia, Maharashtra

Unread post by Sajid Zafar » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:03 pm

Post from Asghar Bhai Vasanwala

Dear friends,

Hindu Muslim riots are a common scourge in India. We have yet not recovered from Babri Masjid riots , Gujarat Train burning riots, and other 100s of small and big riots, and here is one more; this time in town of Dhulia, in Maharashtra. The riot began on a silly incident of removing of posters plastered by Hindus in Muslim area. Several people were killed and property worth millions was looted and burned. In India, most of Muslims are poor. However, some individual Firqas and groups, who are traders, have done well during the current economic boom and also through job opportunities in Middle East, Europe, USA, and Far East. For example Bohras, Khojas, and Memons have done well. In areas of Maharashtra, such as Dhule or Dhulia, Bohras have established big businesses. However other Muslims, who are mostly Sunnis, have done not so well. They are mostly day labour or have some artesian and handicraft jobs.

Before riots, Dhule Bohras were quite rich. They owned lot of businesses and properties. However, Bohras in general consider themselves different than other Muslims. They wear uniforms like dress to distinguish themselves from other Muslims. Bohra leadership has tried to have a special relationship with Indian political leaders to shield themselves from various allegations against all other Muslims; Sh’ias and Sunnis both. They have given huge sums to leaders like Narendra Modi of Gujarat and Bal Thackeray of Shiv Sena.

Even though the Hindu political leaders are buddy with Bohra leadership, Hindu masses cannot fathom difference between different Firqas of Islam. They put all those who are circumcised in one category: Muslims. So, in time of riots Hindu mobs always loot Bohras because Bohras have money and properties. Bohra leadership’s friendship with Hindu Rightist leaders like Modi and Thackeray doesn’t pay dividend.

I think Indian Muslims should mature from Firqa mentality into oneness. As Allama Iqbal said: “Moj hai darya main beroon-e-darya kuch nahin” The waves have force when they are together in a sea; separated, it is just forceless water.

Following is the heart rendering story of a Bohra trader of Dhulia. Please note that in the following narration, Bohras refer themselves as mumineen

Vas Salam,

Asghar Vasanwala

Story of the Dhulia (Dhule) Riot

Interview of Ebrahimbhai Dhuliawala by Mudar Patherya, Calcutta

Q: How would you describe the communal riot that started in Dhulia, Maharashtra, on 5 October 2008

A: The riot has been a watershed in our existence – to the point that a number of us who were settled in Dhulia for decades are seriously contemplating leaving the watan after merely four days of violence. The irony is that we mumineen were law abiding, faithful to the country, absolutely non-communal and with excellent relations with all communities for decades. However, when the riots broke out, this made no difference. We were branded. We were targeted. We were victimised. We were looted with bedardi (contempt) and most of us completely wiped out. A number of mumineen ‘khalaas thai gaya’ (had their livelihoods destroyed) and ‘havey khawana fa-fa chhey’ (are now struggling to put food on the table).

Q: How bad was the violence?

A: The riot in Dhulia followed a familiar script - mumineen being caught in the clash between two communities and looted single mindedly. The irony is that in the aftermath of the riot, a number of sane minded Hindus openly confess that the Bohras had really nothing to do with this communal nonsense but were wrongly targeted. With good reason: the Bohras represented the only ‘lootable’ segment from within the minority community, so while the other segments of the minority community were targeted in other humiliating ways, we were targeted economically. However, there were stray instances when the violence perpetrated on mumineen extended beyond the economic: in one case, a mumin bhai returning from Nasik was forcibly shaved, stripped and paraded naked in front of his family.

Q: ‘Wiped out.’ Can you explain the statement?

A: We were a community of 600 individuals in Dhulia with around 70 shops. I would reckon that around 75 per cent of the shops were completely cleaned out. When I mean ‘completely’, I mean that these shops were looted for all the stocks that they possessed and thereafter, for all the furniture. The amazing thing is that the looting was clinically planned: it was carried out by the backward classes – if you know the way most riots in the country are planned, you will realize that much of the looting is delegated to people who can benefit most from it – and it was conducted with the help of organized transport under police vigilance. You actually had a number of Tata Ace mini-vans line in front of mumineen shops and looted of high cost and quick moving stock in the first phase of the looting that began on 6 october. After one mini van had been stocked with looted material, another empty minivan would materialize immediately after and after this van had been stocked, another would come in immediately after. It was like an assembly line operation. one would actually think that the shop was up and running and someone inside the shop was actually filling out a challan and dispatching material for sale, except that this was full-fledged loot! The riots were selected cleverly as an opportunity for the have-nots to get even with the haves with official protection!

Q: Didn’t the mumineen even attempt to prevent this?

A: In a number of cases the mumineen didn’t even get to know as the house and the shop were at a distance and much of the looting transpired behind their back. In other cases where the shop and house were joint – this is a common feature in semi urban India – the process employed was to torch the house, drive real fear into the residents and then loot cum torch the shop. The only instance where this was not followed was when the looters encountered a well stocked – it had four years of consumption material in it – shop of fireworks and they merely looted but did not torch for the fear of setting off an uncontrollable blaze that would have affected the other community since this shop was right in the middle of an integrated neighbourhood. This, however, did not prevent them from torching the fireworks warehouse slightly outside of Dhulia and the result was that when this place exploded, we could heard the boom 12 kms away. Imagine!

Q: Didn’t the police step in to stop this?

A: I must make this point that we strongly feel that the police was hand in glove with the looters. They did an excellent job of playing passive spectators. They gave the looters a free run for three full days before the first arrests took place on Wednesday last week. There is a pertinent term which describes the role the police played and that is ‘mili bhagat’. This is precisely the reason that a number of mumineen have lost the heart to stay back in Dhulia. I mean we could work hard and industriously for years, build up savings, create a respectable establishments and all this could disappear in front of our eyes because the police would take sides. The foundation of a credible society is the assurance of ‘jaan aney maal ni hifaazat’ (protection of one’s self and property) but when the law enforcer colludes with the law breaker the first reaction is ‘let us get out of here’.

Q: How are mumineen getting their economic momentum back?

A: Most of us who are dealers and agents for their organized sector have asked our principals to extend our three week receivables cycle to a couple of months and I am relieved to state that in most cases this has become a reality. That is on the supply side. On the sales side, we have a more serious problem: as things stand today, members of one community have decided to buy only from within their community. We mumineen had a flourishing multi-community customer base and besides how much will 600 people buy from within? So we stand to be considerably affected if this persists for long.

Q: Are most mumineen contemplating leaving Dhulia?

A: A number of them definitely are because they are completely ruined and do not have any confidence left in the system. They had struggled and created a financial base for themselves, invested extensively in inventory and today they have gone back a number of years in their earnings cycle.

At such a bleak time in our lives, there has been only one ray of hope and that has been the dua mubaraka of Huzurala TUS. When the news of the Dhulia riot was conveyed, he interrupted the imtihaan address and pronounced dua for us mumineen, his words - ‘aag ma si bag thai jaasey’ and ‘ek na sittair thai jaasey’ – have given us hope. Besides, we have in front of us the precedent of what happened in Gujarat where mumineen recovered from the riots of 2002 and are considerably better off now than they ever were.

Our aqeeda is simple: if this could happen there then with Huzurala’s dua it could happen here as well. At this trying time in our lives, Huzurala’s dua is our only himmat!

Further reading: The Hindu : National : Livelihoods go up in smoke in Dhule

Livelihoods go up in smoke in Dhule

http://www.thehindu.com/2008/10/14/stor ... 371300.htm

DHULE (MAHARASHTRA): Shabbir Merchant Burhani is a broken man today. He can't hold back his tears as he talks about the loss of his shops at Datta Chowk in Dhule. He owned Burhani Complex and a mall on the ground floor which was gutted in the communal riots which broke out on October 5. "I have lost Rs.1.35 crore totally," he said. Five shops of the 40 in the complex were looted by the mob. Mr. Burhani's shops were being targeted for the third time. First, in the 1992 riots after the Babri Masjid demolition and then in 2000. But the damage then was not so extensive. "They could have looted the mall. Why did they have to burn it down and destroy it? Twelve years ago, it cost me Rs.72 lakh to build it," he said. The Dawoodi Bohra community to which he belongs lost 28 shops in the city. Only four shops remain. "We don't even have insurance as we are not permitted to take risk cover. The mall was a very posh building and an easy target. What is our fault? We are businessmen, we pay tax to the government and we are Hindustanis. What is our crime?" he asked.
The Hindu

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:21 pm

Smart wrote:Where was huzurala's dua when their shops and houses were being burnt?
And will only dua come to help? No dawa? Or money?
Read the Mojiza of Aqa Moula From Yahoo group
Moziza in Dhulia(M.H)
Few days Back(on the day of Zikra) there were terrible riots in
Dhulia (Maharashtra)
due to which Mumineen were in great trouble Two of our Mumineen
Bhai's Fireworks Store houses were fully looted & burnt, Burhani
complex a big shopping mall totally destroyed and losses of
mumineen'S property was done in crores of rupees
But even in such a panic situation where people were after Mumineens
lives ,mumineen's lives were saved in unbelievable way.
One Mumineen bhai had taken shelter in his Out-house outside the town
but as a car of Mumineen attentnding Zikra was coming from surat he
joined them and within some time the whole Outhouse was put to fire
by the mob, if He would hav been little late he would hav been in
great trouble.
In one Incident , There was car in which one of our Mumin bhai was
travelling ,it was on highway and suddenly hundreds of people
gathered around it and were about to attack Suddenly the car picked
up speed which even driver Didn't imagine it would attain and
suddenly got a road but the car had limited fuel due to which it
could stop anywhere but With Maulana's Dua's Barakat the car stopped
just near the petrol pump and the life of Mumin bhai was Saved.
When the Bhai Narrated the incident he couldnt believe his senses how
all this happened.
MAULANA HAD DONE DUA FOR MUMINEEN OF DHULIA
"KHUDA JAANO NI HIFAAZAT KAREY
MUMINEEN NA NUKSAN NE WALI AAPEY
EK NA DAS AAPEY
KHUDA MUMINEEN NI IZZAT BACHAVI NEY RAAKHEY"

ANE PACCHI FARMAYU K

"KHUDA JAANO NI HIFAZAT KARSEY
ANEY MUMINEEN NE EK NA SITTER(70) ME APAVIS"

Khuda Maula ne Qayamat na din lag Baqi aney Salamat Rakhey.
AAMEEN
HOW CAN YOU CHANGE THESE BRAIN DEAD PEOPLE

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:11 pm

The word "Khuda" appears in burhanudin saab's dua only when bohras want something but when the time comes to give, the word immediately changes to "mola". Like in the case of wajebats, "tame khoob wajebat 'mola' ne aapo, ehna 70 guna tamne 'khuda' aapse". So for collection there is 'mola' but for the rewards you have to wait for 'Allah' to give. See how cleverly he shifts the responsibility to khuda and washes his hands off when the time of repayment comes.

like_minded

Unread post by like_minded » Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:38 am

We don't even have insurance as we are not permitted to take risk cover.

Insurance cover is a must!! Ironically, most bohras do not have an insurance covering their lives and property!

This is obviously because of the laws laid down by the gangsters (Kotharis) who discourage insurance of any kind. It's high time for bohras to wake up to reality and understand the importance of insurance, Syedna cannot make up for the losses incurred, all he can dole out is worthless duas which are as fake as him.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:12 am

MUSLIMS SAVED MANDIR AND HINDU BRETHREN.

Posted on October 18, 2008

By Aleem Faizee

When Dhule was burning and when the town was ruled over by the marauders day in and day out, in Azad Nagar, the Muslims in this Muslim dominated area were assuring the Hindus of their safety. They even saved the Mandir from the rioters who according to them came from outside.

When Dhule was burning and when the town was ruled over by the marauders day in and day out, in Azad Nagar, the Muslims in this Muslim dominated area were assuring the Hindus of their safety. They even saved the Mandir from the rioters who according to them came from outside.

"The rioters were not from Dhule. They came from outside and tried to attack the Mandir but the Muslims in our locality thrashed them and avoided any kind of damage to the Mandir", said the Pandit of this Mandir located in Azad Nagar area of Dhule which is dominated by the Muslims. He was speaking with ummid.com on October 10, 2008 even as the town was yet to come to normalcy after severe clashes between the two communities. "The Muslims even extended all kind of supports and provided food to us when the town was reeling under the curfew." he said.

Dhule the town in Khandesh region of Maharashtra was on fire after the violence broke out on October 5, 2008 allegedly after some provocative posters were torn off by people belonging to a particular community. Apart from properties worth crores of rupees that were looted and set on fire, ten people have died and scores others were injured in this district place on the tribal belt.

However Azad Nagar and Shivaji Nagar, both the areas with a sizeable Muslim population remained peaceful and the Muslims in these areas made it sure that no harm is done to the Hindus. Many people in this locality ummid.com spoke to shared the views expressed by the Pandit of the Mandir. "We have not been harmed by anyone", said Sumanbai, a resident of the area adding, "All supports were extended by the Muslim brethren to us."

These are probably the ideal places and work as the sliver lining in the dark against the ongoing violence and atrocities in the country. When ummid.com asked the Muslims why they had not indulged in violence like others Mubeen Driver said, "They have just fulfilled their religious and moral responsibilities. "

http://www.ummid. com/regional/ dhule_riots_ muslim_saved_ manidr_and_ hinud_brethren. htm