Haram and Halal

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
jamanpasand

Haram and Halal

Unread post by jamanpasand » Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:17 pm

As I understand that in Europe and Nothern America most of the high end restaurants have no concept of Halal Meat in their menu.
We see lots of these so called Shezadas and other kotharis in the high end restaurants.
Even some of them do their functions there.
So I am just wondering whether they follow some sort of concession rules of haram halal there ?

Insider Kotharis, would be in a much better position to throw light of this. Don’t tell that don’t eat there.

Average Bohra

Re: Haram and Halal

Unread post by Average Bohra » Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:50 am

Wahabi convenience store owners sell beer & wine....it is all Kosher when convenient or lucrative.

As I have said many a time before, hyprocrisy is not unique to Bohris.

accountability

Unread post by accountability » Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:52 am

In continum, I dont know i may be breaking a news, or may be people know this already, that last year
Qaid johar bhai saheb bouhgt a 10000 dollar plate for George bush fund raising. now the question arises if he went there and ate nothing, or did he eat if he did, your question should be forwarded to him. the whole myth is superficial and dishonest. truth is the biggest victim.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:54 am

However you won't find a single wahabi who wants to change the shariah to make it Islamically legal to sell beer and wine.

It would be like America, which fights against torture all over the world, asking to make torture legal!!

Average Bohra

Unread post by Average Bohra » Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:59 am

However you won't find a single wahabi who wants to change the shariah to make it Islamically legal to sell beer and wine.
Uuhhm, that's what makes it <u>hyprocritical</u>. Now, if they fought to make it legal,that would then be honest wouldn't it ?

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:03 am

Well, I guess if we were to fight to make that which is wrong, legal, we would be honest, yeah!!

Average Bohra

Unread post by Average Bohra » Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:20 am

If you were openly making money off the wrong then......right.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:38 am

Too bad the shariah cannot be changed by humans, so hypocrites will be punished, be they wahabi hypocrites or American hypocrites.

Average Bohra

Unread post by Average Bohra » Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:49 am

Shariah, <u> can be changed by humans</u>, if you can stop being a defeatist.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:52 am

Well, I'd rather be a defeatist than burn in hell!!

Average Bohra

Unread post by Average Bohra » Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:24 am

Ouch ! You are right.....very painful.

Then again we may want to consult the women with their bodies buried in sand and then stoned. (with specific instructions that the smaller stones be used first of course, since the rocks will kill them too quickly).

One would assume that they would rather take their chances in hell ?

Suddenly buying a Safai Chitti and some assambosi sounds very appealing ...and humane ? :)

It is all relative my friend.....

Aleem

Unread post by Aleem » Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:20 am

Originally posted by jamanpasand:
As I understand that in Europe and Nothern America most of the high end restaurants have no concept of Halal Meat in their menu.
We see lots of these so called Shezadas and other kotharis in the high end restaurants.
Even some of them do their functions there.
So I am just wondering whether they follow some sort of concession rules of haram halal there ?

Insider Kotharis, would be in a much better position to throw light of this. Don’t tell that don’t eat there.
Actually Jamanpasand,

My understanding is that meat killed in accordance to ahl-al-kitab procedures (kosher killings) are also OK for muslims to eat. If my memory serves me correclty, this is also mentioned in the koran but I do not have the source. If this is true - then perhaps someone more leared can provide a quote?

Furthermore, in the meat industry today, i think the majority of the western world aquires meat from butchers/ slaughterhouses who uses wither halal or kosher qurbani systems. This has become an industry norm.

Therefore, if you are going to eat a steak in countires such as UK/ Australia, USA/ Canadan - Germany - chances are it is "halal".

If I am incorrect - please advise?

Alislam

Unread post by Alislam » Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:33 am

There is no concept of Halaal meat even in middle eastern countries.

They get all the stuff from mechanised slaughters where the tape saying Allaho Akbar runs while slaughtering.The entire head is chopped off in one stroke just like the 'jhatka ' we call it in sub-continent.

Also many people there, are of the opinion that halaal means those animals that are allowed to be eaten, method of slaughter is not a matter of concern.

Shahu

Unread post by Shahu » Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:08 pm

Halal Meat
The Quranic Truth

In the Name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

16:116 Do not keep uttering in falsehood, "This is lawful and this is unlawfulâ€

Alislam

Unread post by Alislam » Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:26 pm

Shahu,

Does the chopping of the entire head of an animal in one stroke, during its slaughter, make it halal or haram ?

Zeal

Unread post by Zeal » Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:40 pm

Quote from Aleem :

My understanding is that meat killed in accordance to ahl-al-kitab procedures (kosher killings) are also OK for muslims to eat. If my memory serves me correclty, this is also mentioned in the koran but I do not have the source. If this is true - then perhaps someone more leared can provide a quote?

Furthermore, in the meat industry today, i think the majority of the western world aquires meat from butchers/ slaughterhouses who uses wither halal or kosher qurbani systems. This has become an industry norm.

Therefore, if you are going to eat a steak in countires such as UK/ Australia, USA/ Canadan - Germany - chances are it is "halal".

If I am incorrect - please advise?

Aleem,
Christians /Jews are ahlul-kitaab , but then they do not have the correct faith which orders you to have food only on which Allah's name is recited.

There are chances that they must have got meat from some halal sources but one cannot take chances when your imaan is at stake.

The best practice is to be sure before eating if its halal or not in whatever way its possible

If one is totally in doubt, alhamdo-lillah there are hundreds of other options to eat.