Syedna in Mumbasa

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
SBM

Syedna in Mumbasa

Unread post by SBM » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:46 pm

Huzurala Tus was received as a State Guest by Honourable Moses Wetengula, The Minister of Foreign Affairs, Honourable Amason Kingi, The Minister of East African Community, Honourable Hassan Joho, Gideon Mungaro, Deputy Mayor of Mombasa and Provincial Commissioner Ernest Munyi.
If you look at these pictures and according to Kothar Spin Machine, important people came to receive him at the airport
I wonder the important people of Mumbasa Govt come in Blue Jeans and Chappals to receive such a dignitary. Are these really important people who can not even afford a suit or atleast tie and shirt (LOOK AT PICTURE NUMBERS 8 AND 9 AND THEN 11 AND 12)

http://www.zeninfosys.net/zeninfosys/ar ... rYear=1429

Danish

Re: Syedna in Mumbasa

Unread post by Danish » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:10 pm

omabharti wrote:I wonder the important people of Mumbasa Govt come in Blue Jeans and Chappals to receive such a dignitary. Are these really important people who can not even afford a suit or atleast tie and shirt (LOOK AT PICTURE NUMBERS 8 AND 9 AND THEN 11 AND 12)
What dignitary? You call this megalomaniac a dignitary, lol? Have you noticed that this idol character is also wearing a "chappal" (sipaat) and not a suit with tie and shirt???? The Mumbasa govt. officials look rather simplistic than this god-forsaken corrupt leader and pillager along with His sucklings.

amils

Unread post by amils » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:00 pm

The large migration of the white bearded wildebeests in search of abundant food and water has begun to Kenya.It happens late december to January. The hungry cats are ready for these mindless migratory beasts. Some will be miamed while others killed. The circle of life continues-----

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:52 pm

amils wrote:The large migration of the white bearded wildebeests in search of abundant food and water has begun to Kenya.It happens late december to January. The hungry cats are ready for these mindless migratory beasts. Some will be miamed while others killed. The circle of life continues-----
great post amils...!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol:

Anwar

Unread post by Anwar » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:26 pm

Why is kothar insisting on taking their moula to all these places and make a mockery of Burhanuddin. Are they so blinded by money that they are prapared to sacrifice his life? Look at the pictures, he cannot even hold his head upright. He is 97 + let him rest. One does not have to be a rocket sceintist to notice that in none of these pictures,does he holds his head up once. Comments welcome from kotharis on this forum.

Danish

Unread post by Danish » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:56 pm

Anwar, the mainstream/orthodox bohras are not making a mockery of Burhanuddin nor are they prepared to sacrifice His life for "money" but for His roohani (alleged godly/spiritual) idol figure they revere, exalt and worship (just like an "allah" - the god). Their "allah" will soon die out like all other "alihatun" and another "ilah" will take its place.

Danish

Unread post by Danish » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:55 pm

Danish wrote:Their "allah" will soon die out like all other "alihatun" of the past and another "ilah" will take its place....
....and perhaps there may never be an "allat" (but presumably a coming soon comedial sexy attraction). This is one of the religious pagan traditions (Muslims and HIndus revere the most).

like_minded

Unread post by like_minded » Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:50 am

amils wrote:The large migration of the white bearded wildebeests in search of abundant food and water has begun to Kenya.It happens late december to January. The hungry cats are ready for these mindless migratory beasts. Some will be miamed while others killed. The circle of life continues-----

Superb post!! :D :mrgreen:

like_minded

Unread post by like_minded » Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:50 am

Anwar wrote:Why is kothar insisting on taking their moula to all these places and make a mockery of Burhanuddin. Are they so blinded by money that they are prapared to sacrifice his life? Look at the pictures, he cannot even hold his head upright. He is 97 + let him rest. One does not have to be a rocket sceintist to notice that in none of these pictures,does he holds his head up once. Comments welcome from kotharis on this forum.
The old man is going to loot and plunder this community till his last breath, no doubt about that. He is laying a very strong foundation for his successor, who I am sure would innovate this cult further to demonstrate his power and glory.

Unless of course, If the power struggle within spills out on the streets, which I doubt and even if it does, these con men have the ability to twist the story to their benefit. Bottom line:- Reform! If it does not happen, believe me, we have darker days ahead.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:28 pm

It is reported that the gullible bohras of dubai are so much eager to go on this wildlife excursion tour and the numbers are so large that the vaccine which has to be administered for yellow fever and which is mandatory has actually gone OUT OF STOCK. The dubai govt hospitals charge 20 dirhams for 1 shot and the private doctors charge 120 dirhams. Atleast there is something to cheer about for the doctors after the slowdown of dubai economic/construction boom.

People of Chennai, majority of which are a fanatic and lumpen lot are unable to get air tickets as all the flights are booked. This was expected just like the last time around when all flights to colombo from every Indian city were booked within an hour after the words of wisdom were whispered in burhanudin saab's ears. Needless to say that kothar had booked all the flights as the inner circle must have been informed much prior to the public announcement and then the tickets were sold at a hefty premium.

observer

Unread post by observer » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:41 pm

I have no patience for you party poopers. I am on my way to Mombasa to have a good time. I have retrieved my sayo and topi and pasied (ironed for those who do not know Swahili) my kurtas. My beard stubble is being fertilized and by the time the plane arrives in Mombasa I will be a refurbished Bohora. On the plane I will be brushing up on my Bohora glossary to survive the party filled days. Need to say the right things at the right time. Like if someone talks about a positive thing in their life you say "Moula no Mojizo". Someone talks about a future good event you say "Amen". Also I could say I am an NKD who will know in Mombasa that I am Bullshitting. By the time I get off the plane I will have my "Moula, Moula" chant down pat and shall practice it with my fellow travellers on teh plane. Once I get ther I will present my ecard and get my room at a beach hotel facing the sea so that I can see the bikini clad tourists in between my forays into town for the so called Waez listening. The locals will ferry me everyday to town in buses. As soon as we get to the "Mahawid" ( I think it is a get together place - still have to learn my glossary) I will be looking for my long lost friends in teh crowd. Of course they are now all Abde Syednas and will provide me with my humour over the next ten days. We will do our detour to the panwalla shop and have the "safuf" laden paans and talk about the old days and then make our way back in time for the lunch feast. My bones and body will have to contort to sit at a thal which I am not used to but the pain will disappear and forgotten as soon as the food laden with the mithas and kharas is placed on the kundli. Depending on who is in the thaal with me I will have to establish my territory and a modus operanda to attack the food. If I am with some folks from UK they may be using spoons and there will be no communal slurpping. If it is another lot which attacks food without sppons then I will have to get right in with them otherwise only the bones will be left for me to suck on. (Wait for the next installment)

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:26 am

It is a great opportunity to get into import/export business.Being bhori is good for insurance purpose.I would go but I dont like to spend the time in bohra majlis.I rather listen to shia moulana,least they prepare. Food is not that important.I still dont know if red wine goes with Dal Chawal Palida or white.

like_minded

Unread post by like_minded » Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:43 am

seeker110 wrote:It is a great opportunity to get into import/export business.Being bhori is good for insurance purpose.I would go but I dont like to spend the time in bohra majlis.I rather listen to shia moulana,least they prepare. Food is not that important.I still dont know if red wine goes with Dal Chawal Palida or white.
This surely is the day to have red wine and lots of it! cheers

Merry Christmas!!

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:32 am

good post observer... like yr sense of humour. :)

Hozefa

Unread post by Hozefa » Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:50 am

observer wrote:I have no patience for you party poopers. I am on my way to Mombasa to have a good time. I have retrieved my sayo and topi and pasied (ironed for those who do not know Swahili) my kurtas. My beard stubble is being fertilized and by the time the plane arrives in Mombasa I will be a refurbished Bohora. On the plane I will be brushing up on my Bohora glossary to survive the party filled days. Need to say the right things at the right time. Like if someone talks about a positive thing in their life you say "Moula no Mojizo". Someone talks about a future good event you say "Amen". Also I could say I am an NKD who will know in Mombasa that I am Bullshitting. By the time I get off the plane I will have my "Moula, Moula" chant down pat and shall practice it with my fellow travellers on teh plane. Once I get ther I will present my ecard and get my room at a beach hotel facing the sea so that I can see the bikini clad tourists in between my forays into town for the so called Waez listening. The locals will ferry me everyday to town in buses. As soon as we get to the "Mahawid" ( I think it is a get together place - still have to learn my glossary) I will be looking for my long lost friends in teh crowd. Of course they are now all Abde Syednas and will provide me with my humour over the next ten days. We will do our detour to the panwalla shop and have the "safuf" laden paans and talk about the old days and then make our way back in time for the lunch feast. My bones and body will have to contort to sit at a thal which I am not used to but the pain will disappear and forgotten as soon as the food laden with the mithas and kharas is placed on the kundli. Depending on who is in the thaal with me I will have to establish my territory and a modus operanda to attack the food. If I am with some folks from UK they may be using spoons and there will be no communal slurpping. If it is another lot which attacks food without sppons then I will have to get right in with them otherwise only the bones will be left for me to suck on. (Wait for the next installment)

Great post indeed!! :D

accountability

Unread post by accountability » Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:20 pm

Huzurala Tus was received as a State Guest by Honourable Moses Wetengula, The Minister of Foreign Affairs, Honourable Amason Kingi, The Minister of East African Community, Honourable Hassan Joho, Gideon Mungaro, Deputy Mayor of Mombasa and Provincial Commissioner Ernest Munyi.
The photos do not show foriegn affairs minister of kenya recieving syedna saheb. I am posting the photo of foreign affair minister of kenya. it is obvious that he is nowhere to be seen in those photographs posted on zaininfosystem.

http://www.nancarrow-webdesk.com/wareho ... 4314_t.jpg

accountability

Unread post by accountability » Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:31 pm

I do not see any reason why it is so important to show that he is recieved by so and so dignitaries. Syedna saheb is the Dai of Dawat e hadiya. When mumineen recieve him as their dai, it is and should be more than sufficient a reception. but hiring and enticing so called dignitaries to recieve him does not make sense, rather than a blatant wastage of our money.

Those guys in the picture are no dignitaries. so be it. it does not make a difference. He is there to give sermons on moharram. that is the sole purpose of visit. Or am I wrong.

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:12 pm

this syedna is as enamoured of worldly titles and desirous of being accorded welcomes befitting a head of state, as much as or perhaps more than his father who started it all.

in order to be seen as a great world leader (in his delirious imagination) he and his family pull strings and pay bribes and inducements to engineer his being forcibly recieved by lesser or greater dignitaries. often the results are laughable because as you can see from the photos on zeninfo, he is actually insulted by the level of corrupt goons who come to meet him. to hide this the kothar spreads misinformation and even lies and our gullible bohras swallow it.

in the middle east, in oder to impress the arabs, the kothari propaganda machinery refers to him in press releases as 'sultan al bawahir', in keeping with the feudal and monarchic mindset of the gulf arabs. a slight twist on this fictitious and self-serving title would be, "SULTAN AL BAWASIR", perhaps a more apt description of a haemorroidal 'naasoor' on our body politic and an anachronism in our deen.

what could be a bigger contradictory statement against the life, beliefs and practices of Moulana Ali then the titles of Sultan for our Syedna and Shezaada's for his sons? and then they have the impudence to call themselves Shia's of Ali and maatam daarana Hussain?????? the bloody liars and impostors....

shedding crocodile tears during moharram in kenya is appropriate considering it is the natural habitat of that animal. and in that same logical vein perhaps next years moharram picnic should be held in florida, surrounded by the alligators in the swamps..!

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:51 pm

AZ Quote
"moharram picnic should be held in florida, surrounded by the alligators in the swamps..!"
Brother AZ
Why are you wishing us Floridians bad luck. what have we done to you by giving ideas of having Moharram in Florida and btw
Florida Gators are less dangerous than the ones you have in Saifee Mahal swamp known as Bgators :(

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:05 am

http://www.malumaat.com/akhbars/akhbar/ ... m/309.html

Shz Saheb met with Mayor of Mombasa Ahmed Modhar, Hon Hussein Joho and his brother Hassan. Also present were Janab Amilsaheb of Mombasa Janab Kausaraly bs Najmuddin and Jamaat members.

Looking at the picture, more than Mayor the three look like they are all BHAI (GOONS) who are getting everything in writing to make sure they make good buck

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:18 am

omabharti wrote:Brother AZ
Why are you wishing us Floridians bad luck. what have we done to you by giving ideas of having Moharram in Florida and btw Florida Gators are less dangerous than the ones you have in Saifee Mahal swamp known as Bgators :(
bhai oma,

yr statement about the more dangerous gators in saifee mahal is correct. the gators of florida or elsewhere hunt for food, the gators in white clothes hunt for money in the name of religion..

so if not florida, what else do u suggest? how about the amazon jungle or the arctic circle? the fat shezaada's wud blend in very easily with the polar bears...

Smart

Unread post by Smart » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:29 pm

This reminds me of an old Hindi song:
"Bamabi se aya mera dost,
Dost ko salaam karo,
Raat ko khao piyo,
Din ko maatam karo"

The 'ghanu looto, ghanu looto' season is being celebrated in Mombasa, there is no resemblance nor reference whatsoever or whosoever, live or dead to anybody called Imam Husain nor to a place called Kerbala, any such resemblance is purely incidental to the looting season.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:08 pm

Anwar wrote:Look at the pictures, he cannot even hold his head upright. He is 97 + let him rest.
Look at the pictures of his visit to Raudat Tahera just a couple of weeks back at Malumaat.com. Burhanudin saab went for ziarat in the night and he was taken in a paalkhi from the entrance of raudat tahera to the grave and vice versa, a distance which is easily walkable. This clearly shows his fragile condition but still the kothari goons want to use him till he finally faints out of fatigue. The bohras will still chant 'ghanu jeevo ghanu jeevo' no matter under what condition Allah swt wants him to live.

S. Insaf

Unread post by S. Insaf » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:13 am

According to news reaching to relatives in Mumbai:-
1) One bus carrying Bohras to Mombassa for vaiz met with in accident and 2) another bus with Bohras was looted. 17 Bohras died and others injured in the accident. Some are brought admitted in Saifee Hospital at Mumbai and others are sent to Karachi. How many were robbed is not known. 3) There is no hotel booking for Bohras coming from outside. Local Bohras are compelled to accommodate them in their houses and rest is accommodated in some warehouses. 4) The temperature in Mombassa is around 42 degree centigrate.
Can some one shade more light on this?

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:43 am

it seems that the kothar wants to recreate the 'kerbala' experience for the bohra tourists in a very authentic way!

-experience the burning heat and thirst of the shohoda
-experience the lack of amenities like proper accomodation, food and water
-experience the lack of sleep
-experience death and injury at the hands of yazidi robbers
-experience pain, suffering and misery during travel in unsafe buses on even more dangerous roads

the ultimate ashura trip! definitely the syedna and his establishment are making great and noble efforts to earn sawab by arranging such 'mazloom-e-kerbala' trips.

mumin

Unread post by mumin » Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:01 pm

It would be common sense that the religious leader should hold majalis where most of his followers reside, so most can benifit from his speaches. Why the travel to Mombasa ? can anyone shed any light in this respect.
secondly, why does a religious leader have anything to do with meeting political leaders? Can I have a logical answer.
I know at one time syedna was to hold moharram majlis in Houston. Huge amounts were collected by the local jamaat under the supervision of Mr. Mufaddal. Aparty was given and the mayor of houston and other political leaders were invited. The purpose of all this hupla was to request Bill clinton to come and recieve syedna at the airport. bill Clinton is far wiser than these ignorant and gullable of houston. Nothing of the sort took place and all the money was spent in giving certificates and recieving certificates and awards of no nvalue and major expense was lavish food for the already fat sheep.

Gulf

Unread post by Gulf » Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:07 pm

S. Insaf wrote:According to news reaching to relatives in Mumbai:-
4) The temperature in Mombassa is around 42 degree centigrate.
Can some one shade more light on this?
The live and forecast temperature in Mombassa is here..
--------------------------

You may provide a link to the page. No need to post an image of it.
_ Admin

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:16 pm

Admin
What is the relevance of the post by Gulf
I think it is the waste of space and a distraction, can you please remove this eyesore.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:23 pm

mumin wrote:It would be common sense that the religious leader should hold majalis where most of his followers reside, so most can benifit from his speaches. Why the travel to Mombasa ? can anyone shed any light in this respect.
secondly, why does a religious leader have anything to do with meeting political leaders? Can I have a logical answer.
I know at one time syedna was to hold moharram majlis in Houston. Huge amounts were collected by the local jamaat under the supervision of Mr. Mufaddal. Aparty was given and the mayor of houston and other political leaders were invited. The purpose of all this hupla was to request Bill clinton to come and recieve syedna at the airport. bill Clinton is far wiser than these ignorant and gullable of houston. Nothing of the sort took place and all the money was spent in giving certificates and recieving certificates and awards of no nvalue and major expense was lavish food for the already fat sheep.
A religious leader who is real honest and really worries about his community should communicate and meet with political leaders as it helps community reap rewards in terms of business opportunity with the government. Dalai Lama has been very successful in getting his message across the world so was Desmond Tutu of South Africa. But these leaders do not live lavish lives nor do they bribe corrupt government officials to buy favors
In Kothar's case it is PR for Syedna and his Goon Shezadas. Can any Kothari shed light on how much Narendra Modi/Bal Thackrey/George Bush/or any of these people who were bribed have helped community receive any benefit except safe guarding KOTHAR GOONS self intrest.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:13 pm

Some excerpts from Maalumat.com on 52nd Mombasa trip :-

HIS HOLINESS DR. SYEDNA MOHAMMED BURHANUDDIN ARRIVES IN MOMBASA

“The showers of blessings have descended!”

On the request of the Government of Kenya and Dawoodi Bohra community members residing in the East African region, His Holiness Dr. Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin Saheb TUS arrived in Mombasa on Monday, 22nd December to conduct the annual Moharram discourses in the port city after a span of 14 years.

Syedna TUS in his speech thanked the President and the Government of Kenya for providing all assistance and co-operation and also prayed for peace and tranquility to prevail in Kenya and for the safety, prosperity and wellbeing of its people and humanity at large. Syedna TUS accentuated Kenyans to live in harmony and promote brotherhood amongst fellow countrymen, because the most beneficent in Allah’s eyes is the one who lives in harmony with one’s fellow people.

His Excellency President Mwai Kibaki had earlier deputed Honourable Moses Wentangula, to personally visit Mumbai and extend an invitation to His Holiness to perform Moharram here in Mombasa. "Conducting this historic event in the City of Mombasa would not only be an honour and privilege to the people of that city , but would also help the Bohra community prosper in terms of divine following as well as enhance the tourism and business potential of Kenya at large."

I wish he would have shown the harmony and brotherhood amongst fellow countrymen during Mumbai vayez when he instigated bohra/sunni riots and disrupted peace and created complete chaos.