The Quran on hunting and killing of animals for sport

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
wise_guy

Re: The Quran on hunting and killing of animals for sport

Unread post by wise_guy » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:41 pm

trvoice wrote: But seriously there has been a lot of difference in hunting that was done 30-50 years ago and whats going on now. You cannot just throw money and go on killing spree, today hunting has become more of check and balance i.e check the population and keep them in balance. Money that's raised from these hunts are used to conserve and expand population of endangered species. And keep invasive species from expanding.
Lions are endangered if you may know

trvoice

Unread post by trvoice » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:53 am

You need to do a little bit of googling to understand how conservation works. Hunting is a part of conservation,
1. Big cats hunting fetch anything from $50K to $125K per male Lion
2. The money raised from these hunts is used to protect (against illegal poaching), captive breed, and add more to the population and adding sanctuary areas .
3. There is a very strict quota for big game hunting. Not a lot of people can afford that (or 1 person can afford multiple hunts from same quota)
4. Often more lions in same area result in territorial disturbance in resulting killed litter and dominance killing.

I can go on but this thread is not about wildlife conservation.

wise_guy wrote:
trvoice wrote: But seriously there has been a lot of difference in hunting that was done 30-50 years ago and whats going on now. You cannot just throw money and go on killing spree, today hunting has become more of check and balance i.e check the population and keep them in balance. Money that's raised from these hunts are used to conserve and expand population of endangered species. And keep invasive species from expanding.
Lions are endangered if you may know

Bohra spring

Unread post by Bohra spring » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 am

trvoice...

so your defense is mansoos has accomplished his priestly duties and is kind of into conserving flora and fauna hence him shooting excess wildlife...mate you can really spin

how about next time he donating $100,000 to wwf and only getting atshirt as remeberence.

this so called Allah.s diai to be thinks Quran is unfair when it says he has no right to take a life for no sustenance reasons...he cannot follow simple instructions and has time to carryout culling

this is not about our opinion..but when the so called Mansoos goes falunting islamic rules and has time to lavishly enjoy safaris..one wonders what else he gets enjoyment from.

if he has so much freetime between zifats what about Islamic research or charity work like reconciling Shias and Sunnis...i hope he is competent to take that challenge own as our Superman man of steel

if abdes are praying for his eternal lifei wrry he will make lions extinct

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:33 am

Trvoice

I have no intention to change your mentality. However my 2 points to those who don’t find anything wrong with Hunting.

Hunting-for-Pleasure as a mentality is disturbing. It represents a SADIST mindset. One who has no regard for another life and can kill it for pleasure.

When we kill for sustenance or self defense, such thought process is not encouraged. You shall read an article shared by Bohra Spring over “Zabihats”. Everything around us is a gift from Allah for each other’s sustenance and co-existence. Be it vegetables,fruits or animals.

So you may be a Macho Non vegetarian (Shambu Shikari) against Vegan Pansies, but the debate is about the mentality behind Hunting-For-Pleasure rather then diet preference.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:48 am

One needs to remember that "What is so enlightening about Sayedna's tafseer is that every ayat's literal meaning is debunked and the words are interpreted with exalted spiritual significance."

So, if the Quran or hadith say hunting is only for the sake of food, it is not an interpretation with exalted spiritual significance. Infact, it is quite the opposite. Whatever the Quran says, the opposite of that is actually the interpretation with exalted spiritual significance.

trvoice has understood this and hence is correct in his analysis of hunting animals for pleasure.

think

animal hunter and ayashi

Unread post by think » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:55 pm

The truth is out there. your charity can be used to kill defenceless animals or it can help kids without homes , adults without meals and people without hope. charity is not wajib. The word is used completely out of context.
bohras should stop all contributions in the name of wajebaats.

Al Zulfiqar

Re: animal hunter and ayashi

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:11 pm

have you first stopped giving it?

think

Unread post by think » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:41 pm

he is not hunting animals at my expense.

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:34 am

The Irony of the situation is, abdes take pride in Ayyashi of their masters. One of my friend gave a Ziyafat to Sayedna Saheb, and was proudly sharing his experience of how the staff ensured that arrangements are to the taste of Kothar Royals, infact there is a book with instructions, the expense of the arrangements is footed by the host apart from all fat Ransom Najwa that Royals take away. I am hilariously amazed !
--------------------------------------------------------
My father had approached a rich abde cousin to fund my sister’s education ( MBBS) as we could not afford it, although my father promised that money will be returned in good installments within 1 years over realization of a property. He refused citing financial strains. Ironically few days later we heard that he donated Rs 21 lacs to A Dargah construction project and was gloating in pride to have his name embedded on important doorways as major donors. When project was completed, his name was nowhere on the estate developed ! ! Niether he got a Sheikhpana ! he is got a mulla title ( An allowance of extra NaanKhatai)

trvoice

Unread post by trvoice » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:50 am

I have no intention to change your mentality. However my 2 points to those who don’t find anything wrong with Hunting.
Thanks for understanding
Hunting-for-Pleasure as a mentality is disturbing. It represents a SADIST mindset. One who has no regard for another life and can kill it for pleasure.
Its disturbing if you let it. For hundreds of years the raja's, maharajas, moguls, British have hunted big game. As I said its a way of life, if you like it and you can afford it then just do it. A lot of things are disturbing and wrong in this world and the world itself is not fair. You gotta get along or move aside and make way. On a side note, hunting is absolutely not a SADIST mindset, if you are soo concerned then you should join PETA and do something about it and get engaged get involved.
Everything around us is a gift from Allah for each other’s sustenance and co-existence. Be it vegetables,fruits or animals.
Thanks but I prefer to live in a house rather than a farm and co-exist with my food. No body in this age hunt for sustenance (with a few exceptions to places like remote Alaska) other than that its 100% pure pleasure and a way of living. Its just like taking a vacation off and exhilarating

trvoice

Unread post by trvoice » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:01 am

This is becoming a common trend between bohris and pretty often seen. People care less for each other and life long family/friends and more about getting a 30 sec fame. More and more people are seen forking out money for ziyafats and titles, but when it comes to extending a helping hand they flip out instantly. :(
My father had approached a rich abde cousin to fund my sister’s education ( MBBS) as we could not afford it, although my father promised that money will be returned in good installments within 1 years over realization of a property. He refused citing financial strains. Ironically few days later we heard that he donated Rs 21 lacs to A Dargah construction project and was gloating in pride to have his name embedded on important doorways as major donors. When project was completed, his name was nowhere on the estate developed ! ! Niether he got a Sheikhpana ! he is got a mulla title ( An allowance of extra NaanKhatai)

think

Unread post by think » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:10 am

his money or my money is not the question. If rajas did it does that mean it is right for a self proclaimed religious leader to do it and justify it. As a religious leader his character should be such as not to hurt anyone human or animal. Hadees of the Rasool are examples. The Rasool saw a dog shivering in the cold and covered it with his shawl. He saw a cat thirsty and gave it water.

Bohra spring

Unread post by Bohra spring » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:26 am

This is an example of how abdes can defend the cruel sport of hunting their spiritual leader enjoys. He has no choice but to divert the argument towards how it is okay and acceptable . This is how they have tuned the abdes minds that even if 6 billion people think it is wrong as LoNG as bohras thing it is ok why worry ! Interesting how he uses the no veg argument..

What the commentator forgets is we are not talking about the maharaja of bohrastan or emir of the sultanate of Bohra ...we are talking about the persons who claims to be Husains dia, Allahs representative ...example of how Panjatan As lived. Is this how he thinks the Panjatan lived?

This mansoos feeds and thrives on public donations, custodian of religious funds. He uses his religious position to receive gifts as ziafats etc by conning his followers that they will receive blessings and entry to heaven.

This same person who claims he is upholding Islamic ideals by banning alcohol, RIBA..contradicts it by taking animal life for sport which is clearly frowned upon in the Quran . This Is not what reformists think or what PDB , western politically correct intelect think or what an ideal Muslim behaviour should be but rather how a pious Muslim should spend his time. Doe the abdes think this is how the Pope of Ctaholics, Dalai Lama, Islamic grand scholars, or respected world leaders live their lives like. Do they go hunting ? Do they make it a celebration ?

This Mansoos goes around branding bohras as hunters, what is dangerous he is setting example and promoting trends of how his wealthy mumineens should spend their leisure. Can we imagine travel tours will be organised for Abdes to go and replicate the hunts. Where will this end. What next will they try to hunt whales?

The other issue his mental state when he pulls the trigger and takes away a life, shows how cruel and heartless this shafaqat na Bawa is , he must have a stone heart he watches with achievement while the animal dies in pain, throws around until the last breath, his troupe rejoice , jubilation while a poor animal is dying, can you image what the animal mst be wondering, why ? The animals feeling of loss , what has him the target, it was lying in the bush waiting for his next meal, when these humans track surround and destroy him, this guys are led by someone who claims he could hear the Zuljala Husain AS horse whisper...it ends the watches the carcass spread for photos the trophy..This Mansoos who recites Shimr and yazid scenarios for bohras has become the , yazid for the reformists by his extravagance and Shimr for the lions and wildlife! Sounds harsh but excuse me I cannot spot the difference after 1400 years, the arrogance the snobbery, and extravagance, the greed, the tyranny!

If he decided to resign as the religious head and continue his sport with his own wealth and obtained hunting licemses legitimately he would not get harsh criticisms. If he was not the head of our religion he can be excused as a filthy rich spoilt snob who had nothing better to do with his hard earned wealth .

Bohra spring

Unread post by Bohra spring » Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:35 am

Continued from preceding post.....
And to add insult ..this Mansoos does this not once, but almost every year, his father also has blood on his hands.

This same psychopathic hunter is the person abdes crawl and beg by showering money that he takes their children's Misaq , bless the wedding of their children...what has this cult turned into. No one can stand up to the shame and embarrassment .

trvoice

Unread post by trvoice » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:39 pm

Dear Bohra Spring,

I am not defending anyone but myself and speaking on my behalf only and is personal opinion. And as long as your text wall of complaining goes, think of this as a huge corporation and the boss makes the rules and regulations and you are just another bottom feeder employee who doesn't like the organization. So its time to put up or shut, at this point I just feel that you are not liking the way dawat operates. And just finding excuse and shielding behind Quran to blame dawat for what you dont like.
A lot of things in the world are unfair, banks, governments and what not. You have to find your way out of this mess, no point in having a heart ache over something that is absolutely out of your scope.
P.S: I am neither pro nor against the organization. I have my own ideology and I am going to stick to it since its in my best interest.

Bohra spring

Unread post by Bohra spring » Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:51 pm

So its time to put up or shut, at this point I just feel that you are not liking the way dawat operates. And just finding excuse and shielding behind Quran to blame dawat for what you dont like.
wah ya Muslim ...my hiding behind Quran is an issue for some....this is too much to ask the Diai to be to stick by written Quran. this is really eye opener for some

this is the rare admission...Dawoodi Bohra Dawaat does not like to be blamed for unIslamic practices...and as our friend here states it is operating on commercial corporate terms..so the business rules can change at any time

now if this corporation does want to be non religious why don't you run it ethically..follow the rules and regulations...I mean like pay taxes, be transparent, follow laws...please don't say these are another excuses..that I am now hiding behind society laws to blame dawaat for not operating 100% legally

LionHunter

Unread post by LionHunter » Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:27 am

trvoice wrote:Dear Bohra Spring,

I am not defending anyone but myself and speaking on my behalf only and is personal opinion. And as long as your text wall of complaining goes, think of this as a huge corporation and the boss makes the rules and regulations and you are just another bottom feeder employee who doesn't like the organization. So its time to put up or shut, at this point I just feel that you are not liking the way dawat operates. And just finding excuse and shielding behind Quran to blame dawat for what you dont like.
A lot of things in the world are unfair, banks, governments and what not. You have to find your way out of this mess, no point in having a heart ache over something that is absolutely out of your scope.
P.S: I am neither pro nor against the organization. I have my own ideology and I am going to stick to it since its in my best interest.
I am very much interested to know your idiology may be me or some one else will learn some thing from you, please share your ideology.

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:31 am

Frankly, the argument is about Hunting for pleasure to be an unethical act. Be it done by a maharaja, ruler, leader or any tom and harry !

Yes there are many things going wrong in this world, and least a conscience can do it is, oppose it in hearts if there is no scope to change it.

Its quiet insensitive for people to accept/enjoy hunting for pleasure, but its ok, we got all kinds of people in this world, at least by expressing their opinion they make sure what side of ethics they choose.

It doesn’t really matter if Muffy Maula is a leader or a commoner, hunting for pleasure still stands unethical.

trvoice

Unread post by trvoice » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:48 pm

Wow, thats a nice trophy albino full grown male. :twisted:

Just wondering whats done with all the hunts uptill date, I am sure if they had taxidermy them it would be in a large warehouse.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:58 pm

trvoice wrote:Just wondering whats done with all the hunts uptill date
You have to go to Saifee Mahal where you will see carcasses of the many Tigers that the current Dai and the preceding one have hunted.

trvoice

Unread post by trvoice » Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:29 pm

That doesn't even account for less than 1% of hunts.
ghulam muhammed wrote:
trvoice wrote:Just wondering whats done with all the hunts uptill date
You have to go to Saifee Mahal where you will see carcasses of the many Tigers that the current Dai and the preceding one have hunted.

Bohra spring

Unread post by Bohra spring » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:21 am

Editor's note: Lekakui Kanduli is a Maasai elder in Tanzania. He is part of the "Stand with the Maasai" campaign.
Loliondo, Tanzania (CNN) -- Last week, President Obama came to my country, Tanzania. President Kikwete and our people received him with great pride, but it is unlikely Obama heard anything about our government's plan to give a great chunk of land that has been the Maasai tribe's home for millennia, to a hunting company from the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
The hunters want this land to kill our lions and leopards and this deal will take away 40% of our grasslands and forested mountains that we call home. It threatens the wildlife and the Maasai's very existence. We want Obama and the international community to know our story and help stop our eviction.

These attempts to clean us out of our old homelands have been happening for decades.
The British moved us 50 years ago from what is now the Serengeti park and subsequent governments have consistently restricted our grazing rights. A large amount of land next to our community near the Serengeti National Park has already been handed to the hunters from the UAE.
We often see Arab royalty arriving in their jumbo jets and then driving around in jeeps shooting anything they see moving and they keep wanting more.
The government uses our faces on tourism posters and brochures for Tanzania, yet President Kikwete has said that our way of life is a thing of the past and we should live in the modern world.
But without our land and our traditions, what are we? Most people in Loliondo raise cows and goats to pay for food and education for our children. Without grazing lands, many Maasai men have felt pressured to move to the city to take jobs as security guards. The women are left behind to raise our children and grandchildren and despite their hardship they are fighting to preserve our way of
This new threat of such a large-scale land clearance has gathered Tanzania's Maasai like never before.
Thousands of our men, women and children have traveled for days to meet government officials to state our case. Three hundred Maasai women marched on the capital Dodoma to protest, and in May, all of our community elders camped outside the Prime Minister's office in the capital for three weeks, demanding the UAE deal be abandoned.
We are sure our brothers and sisters across the world can help. After we started an international campaign with Avaaz more than 1.7 million people around the world joined our cause.
Today we are at home in our lands but fear that tens of thousands of villagers in our community could soon be evicted. A commitment from Kikwete can easily save us from the terrible fate that has befallen so many great tribes of the world.
We know that the battle for our lands will not be easy, but as long as the government knows that the world is watching we will be safe.
With that kind of attention, we have hope that our ancient way of life on our traditional lands will yet survive in the 21st century.

If the Masai find out abdes are behind the hunts Arusha Bohras be very careful.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:10 pm

[img]http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/7817/kpv0.jpg[/img]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Janab e ek foto vatadi kahyu: Aa Mola chhe; Mola na haath ma bandooq chhe. Aa hiran chhe je dusmano ni missal dhul chate chhe. Mola e be goli hiran na sina ma mari ane te dher thai gayo. Magar hiran Molano shikar chhe te si te Shahid thayo kehvay. Bethela ek momine sawal kido “Janab Shahid hiran ne pan hoor malse?” Jana be kahyu, “hoor hiran na soo kam ave, hiran na hissa ni hoor pan Mola nej males” Ajab shaan na Mola chhe.

A bhaisaheb showed one picture to his Sabaq crowd and said “This is Mola; Mola has a rifle in his hand. This is Antelope. Mola shot two bullets in his heart and he collapsed; now Antelope is licking dust like Mola’s enemies. However, the Antelope can be called Shahid” One Momin in Sabaq enquired “Janab, this Shahid Antelope also will receive Hoor?” Janab said, “What an Antelope will do with Hoor? His share of Hoor also will go to Mola” Ajab shaan na Mola chhe.

Since the animal was not Zabeh before death, eating its meat is haram. Killing of any animal for pure game/sport is prohibited in Islam. Our priest should know better.

yusuf78

killing wealthy but speechless creature

Unread post by yusuf78 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:11 pm

Guys I am trying to send pic to many well fare organization for killing lion but bo one is responding

How I can make let big ngo to sue muffy for killing assets of nature just for own rubbish publicity u
Attachments
IMG-20130625-WA0004.jpg

think

Re: killing wealthy but speechless creature

Unread post by think » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:13 pm

get in touch with animal lovers forum.

asad

Unread post by asad » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:53 am

AbdeSMBSMS

Unread post by AbdeSMBSMS » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:28 am

yusuf78 wrote:Guys I am trying to send pic to many well fare organization for killing lion but bo one is responding

How I can make let big ngo to sue muffy for killing assets of nature just for own rubbish publicity u
Who are you to Sue our Maula ( tus) . When african government dont have any problem so who r u filthy creature to talk the shit.
Maula ( tus) does shikar in front of the African officials, NGO & more over government Bureaucrats.
So whom will you complain oh i forgot complain to your Masters who are there in hell when u go there. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

AbdeSMBSMS

Unread post by AbdeSMBSMS » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:29 am

AbdeSMBSMS wrote:
yusuf78 wrote:Guys I am trying to send pic to many well fare organization for killing lion but bo one is responding

Who are you to Sue our Maula ( tus) . When african government dont have any problem so who r u filthy creature to talk the shit.
Maula ( tus) does shikar in front of the African officials, NGO & more over government Bureaucrats.
So whom will you complain oh i forgot complain to your Masters who are there in hell when u go there. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
No organisation will respond to you becoz everyone knows you are talking bullshit :mrgreen:

AbdeSMBSMS

Unread post by AbdeSMBSMS » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:31 am

think wrote:get in touch with animal lovers forum.
THINK you first think & than quote a massage which is heavy tio protest :wink: