The Quran on hunting and killing of animals for sport

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
Bohra spring

Re: killing wealthy but speechless creature

Unread post by Bohra spring » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:55 am

yusuf78 wrote:Guys I am trying to send pic to many well fare organization for killing lion but bo one is responding

How I can make let big ngo to sue muffy for killing assets of nature just for own rubbish publicity u
Yusuf as long as this trade is legal there is little action, however if you are able to post them in media you can tarnish the perception of Mansoos and erode his reputation as ambassador of peace.

What some abdes are responding shows how corrupted their minds are that they show no embarrassment that their leader is doing an unacceptable sport. Does it not bother them how else they could have spend the tens of thousand dollars in game hunting fees ?

Also how has this specific act progressed his primary duty to look after the faith.

If that does not bother well we can only watch them with pity.

AbdeSMBSMS

Re: The Quran on hunting and killing of animals for sport

Unread post by AbdeSMBSMS » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:31 am

Al Zulfiqar wrote:
trvoice wrote:I perosnally dont see hunting .....wrong at all.....
really? how would you like to be the target at mansoos's next shikar trip? we will dress you up in a wildebeest costume and you can run free on the plains of africa while the mansoos and his gang of blood-thirsty murderers take aim and hunt you down. would be fun, wouldn't it?
Ya it wud be fun zulfeeee, if you wud be the target & furthermore you wont have to dress in a wildbeast costume as you look wild beast only :mrgreen:

yusuf78

Re: killing wealthy but speechless creature

Unread post by yusuf78 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:42 am

Bohra spring wrote:
yusuf78 wrote:Guys I am trying to send pic to many well fare organization for killing lion but bo one is responding

How I can make let big ngo to sue muffy for killing assets of nature just for own rubbish publicity u
Yusuf as long as this trade is legal there is little action, however if you are able to post them in media you can tarnish the perception of Mansoos and erode his reputation as ambassador of peace.

What some abdes are responding shows how corrupted their minds are that they show no embarrassment that their leader is doing an unacceptable sport. Does it not bother them how else they could have spend the tens of thousand dollars in game hunting fees ?

Also how has this specific act progressed his primary duty to look after the faith.

If that does not bother well we can only watch them with pity.

I don't think media will take seriously,,because
1 Bohra community is not taking larger ratio in population,
2 in case any media become ready to publish then I am sure it will have too little interest from people because He killed lion which is wild animal and people have lots other news to give interest like massive people killed and gang raped ..

But i feel so bad to kill some animal for just nothing more than it worth of sport, Why other part of bohra people not think that how one of top and leader of community killed wild animal ? And instead of saying that is wrong almost people feel so proud about him....
Any typical religious leader should give relief and "SHIFA" to any creature or any one in this world. This is the main character of any religious leader. I am not pointing him as reformist but as a simple minded and common man who protest wrong doing of elite and leader person.

yusuf78

Unread post by yusuf78 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:15 pm

trvoice wrote:
Bohra spring wrote:
For all you vegan pansies, listen up. Hunting has been and always will be a way of life, some people like it others don't. I personally hate vegetarians, they kill millions of vegetables every day :mrgreen: some vegetables are left to die and decompose (still feel bad ?).
But seriously there has been a lot of difference in hunting that was done 30-50 years ago and whats going on now. You cannot just throw money and go on killing spree, today hunting has become more of check and balance i.e check the population and keep them in balance. Money that's raised from these hunts are used to conserve and expand population of endangered species. And keep invasive species from expanding.
If you are still bothered about animal killing, go join PETA and come back when you know what they exactly do with "saved animals" or "rescued animals". FYI just to save your time, they euthanize all the animals because they don't have money or facility to feed or accommodate all the animals.

Vegetables are made for eating not for hunting we are not hunting vegetables for your general information. And what u are saying is that either you have found this knowledge from your own OR if any organization let hunting do for check and balance then we have become extreme selfish and worst species on earth. But what i trust that no any international organization allow hunting of animal for sports and convert it into money making....Because we are only animals full of emotions and caring of other species. Oh man,, We have no any rights for check and balance of this god's world, Nature knows very well how to keep balance in its own way.

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:12 pm

Steve Irvin' organization is pretty big for animal lovers. Rasulallah loved cats. He said if you ever want to hurt the cat tie a ball of cotton with thread the size of your eye (moothi barabar) then you could hit the cat with it.

trvoice

Unread post by trvoice » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:48 am

@yusuf78
You need to define your concern first. If your concern is hunting for sports, you are in the wrong forum. If you concern is animal welfare you are still in the wrong forum. Do some googling on "Traditional Chinese Medicine and wildlife" there are bigger things to worry about than just hunting for sport.
As I previously stated, I am all game for hunting for sport as long as part of my money goes to conservation and captive breeding to improve population. My bigger concern would be poachers and smugglers of animal being used as TCM. Think Rhino, elephant, tigers.

askz

Unread post by askz » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:08 am

Al-Muizz wrote: Engineer DRINKS.....he is breaking the MOST BASIC rules of Islam...YOUR SO CALLED LEADER! Even I ,a born and bred American, have not touched alcohol (my belief in ISLAM makes me not do this, see $hithead?).....and all you a$$hole can argue back is that it is Engineer's prerogative to drink or not????ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MARBLES?
u say or rather claim that u were born and brought up in AMERICA but even then u don't drink because your belief in ISLAM makes you refrain from drinking alcohol. but hey! here's a shocker, u definitely talk like a drunk. words like "shithead," "asshole," etc. make you no different than any other American. how can you then say that "Even I ,a born and bred American, have not touched alcohol (my belief in ISLAM makes me not do this, see $hithead?" and hey by the way abusing and using such bad words is as much a sin as drinking alcohol in Islam

askz

Unread post by askz » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:43 am

Al Zulfiqar wrote:i thought of reviving this thread, so that kafirs who question the quran's strict injunctions against wanton killing of innocent animals for sport may realise how wrong they are.

morons and rascals like nalwala who show 'like' for posts from his fellow idiots mocking people who object to this dastardly practice, maybe his eyes may open when he reads what the quran and the prophet had to say about love for all god's creations. is there no humanity, no compassion, no mercy, no ethics or morals in these depraved low-lifes?
ZULFI BHAI, tame aa su vaaton karo cho? apnaa dai, apna aa maula toh illahi ard che. whichever animals are killed by him their souls are directly picked and placed in heaven. ;)
talking of "humanity, compassion, mercy, ethics and morals" his holiness's loses it as soon as he is born. as for the fellow worshippers of the "great huntsman" they are just amateurs voicing their dai's acts in their usual way. after all nauso chuaa khaai ne billi haj padwa jaye che

Conscíous

Unread post by Conscíous » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:02 pm

trvoice wrote: As I previously stated, I am all game for hunting for sport as long as part of my money goes to conservation and captive breeding to improve population.

Idiot!!

trvoice

Unread post by trvoice » Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:18 pm

Conscíous wrote: Idiot!!
Move on looser.

Bohra spring

Unread post by Bohra spring » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:47 pm

I raised this issue of the at Darul Fatwa gathering, initially disguised as a generic question. This is how it went and is summary of a long debate.

Q. Is it okay to hunt pigs in Islam as it is a an unlean animal. What about other feral animals.

Answer from Muft. As mentioned killing of animal for food like deer, buffalo and eating it is permitted, so one has to perform the ritual slaughter before the animal dies. No a pig since it is not edible cannot be killed for no purpose. This is stated in the ayat.

Q. Is it then sinful to kill animals as discouraged by the Quran .

A. If the Quran explicitly states that killing is only for sustenance , therefor killing for any other purpose is contradicting the Quran and , hence is sinful . The weighting of the sin requires detailed review of the case. Why would one one to know how deep the sin is ?

Q. If a person clams to be imam or diai and performs acts that willingly commits sins like hunting for sport , as I presume he would have knowledge of what is permitted and not permitted. How should we consider it

A. As a Muslim if you have factual evidence that the person has committed the sin , you can ask him to acknowledge it and ask for forgiveness. Is this the only sin he has commited or does he do this occasionlally regularly or makes other sinful acts. If that is the case it is the individuals following the imam to decide if they continue consider him pious depending on how many other sins he commits.

Q. What is the imam considers he is massum or will be massum when he raises to maulana

A. This is strange question and only considered by few sects, so i will answer it in a hypotehtical context . but as Masoom definition even if one assumes there is such guidance given in modern times how would Allah be unfair to allow one person to contradict his guidance . If he has already committed the sin and is being selected later as his leader for ummah history tells you that Allah only chooses the best of his creation in character and physical to be his instrument for the message. So ask your self does this person claiming superiority demonstrate or display those characters

In short brothers refer to Quran and the true traditions to determine your faith.

onTheFence

Unread post by onTheFence » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:51 am

I am completely against killing animals for sport. Isn't this why hunting has been banned in many countries. Animals should be protected, they are gods gift to the earth just like us all, so why mercilessly kill them.

Conscíous

Unread post by Conscíous » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:19 am

trvoice wrote:
Conscíous wrote: Idiot!!
Move on looser.
Listen bro, it is clearly stated in the Quran, it's a No, No for killing animals for pleasure/sport or what ever way you wanna twist and turn it with that conservation/captive breeding/improve population bullshit of yours!!

Conscíous

Unread post by Conscíous » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:20 am

onTheFence wrote: so why mercilessly kill them.
Lack of compassion and to satisfy they're humanly needs..

Bohra spring

Unread post by Bohra spring » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:10 am

Killing animals/pests
EnglishFrançais
Posted on August 6, 2013 by Shaykh Senad Agic
Question:

Assalamoalikum warahmatullahe wabarakatuhu Ya Mashaikh!

May Allah keep us under the banner of MSN and MSH! Ameen. I apologize about my lack of adab and lack of knowledge in advance.

I know that all animals do tasbeeh of their Creator, the Mighty Allah, and it is a sin to kill any animal regardless. My question is if there are raccoon’s in our backyard who eat our vegetables is it allowed to shoot them? This would require buying a gun and then killing the animal. I am hesitant to ask this if this is allowed. Please clarify.

Answer:

Wa Alaykum Salam,

We are to follow the examples set by Prophet Muhammad (SAWS). When a cat had given birth to kittens on the Prophet’s cloak, he did not get rid of them but instead cut round the cats leaving them with a piece of his cloak as a blanket. SUBHANALLAH! It is easy to conclude from this example that the answer to your question is NO.

Imam Senad Agic
American Islamic Center – Chicago
Majlis #1 Head Imam (IABNA)
www.aicchicago.com
www.imamsenadagic.com
www.iabna.org

Nameless

Mansoos' shikar in Africa continues

Unread post by Nameless » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:45 am

22nd August 2013: "Bushra: After Arusha visit on Saturday 24th August 2013 Aliqadar Moula Nairobi tashreef lawse ... ehna baad Malindi padharse... Malindi baad Moula Dar es Salaam tashreef lai jase... waha c Nairobi tashreef lawse ane Abdulqadir Hakimuddin Moula no Urs Nairobi aqt thase sath MS Jamea Nairobi ni tasis thase".

26th August 2013: "Mufaddal Moula padharigaya che direct from Malindi, Kenya to shikar site in Tabora, Tanzania. Further prog all pending."

Bohra spring

Re: Mansoos' shikar in Africa continues

Unread post by Bohra spring » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:12 am

Nameless wrote:22nd August 2013: "Bushra: After Arusha visit on Saturday 24th August 2013 Aliqadar Moula Nairobi tashreef lawse ... ehna baad Malindi padharse... Malindi baad Moula Dar es Salaam tashreef lai jase... waha c Nairobi tashreef lawse ane Abdulqadir Hakimuddin Moula no Urs Nairobi aqt thase sath MS Jamea Nairobi ni tasis thase".

26th August 2013: "Mufaddal Moula padharigaya che direct from Malindi, Kenya to shikar site in Tabora, Tanzania. Further prog all pending."
Mansoos is a psychopath hunter...abhorrent . He clearly disregards Islamic guidelines , which i doubt he even knows whether it is haram makrooh or hook on hunting or moral considerations that in 21 st century this is unacceptable behaviour from a leader with some basic qualities He clearly is arrogant and whatever we criticise him about hunting he cares least....his Abdes may think this is brave and bold to ignore the voice of reason. My only hope he ends up like other dictators...Qaddafi , Sadam or Hitler.

My rant may have least affect on his behaviour and character but the least I can do is denounce his actions.

Nameless

Unread post by Nameless » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:51 am

Totally agree with your sentiments. Which 'spiritual' leader goes hunting killing animals for a sport? Imagine if the Aga Khan, the Dalai Lama, the Catholic Pope or any one of the Ayatollahs of Iran had to go wildlife hunting? There would be a public outcry and outrage. In India, Mufaddal Mowla would find himself inside a lock up like Salman Khan and the late Nawab of Pataudi Mansur Ali Khan.

Nameless

Unread post by Nameless » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:07 am

His recent vaaz in Malindi on Sunday 25th Aug 2013 - received via whatsapp - unedited:
- Quote -
"Malindi no halwo gano fine chhe. Macchi gani chhe yaha to barabar haath farawi ne lejo. Bairawo nokri na kare. Muqadas Mowla ye je bayan Malindi ma farmawutu e pachhu bayan karu. Burhanuddin Mowla ni safar ni details. Nairobi jamea ni khidmat. Jabir na be farzando ni zikr. Sifin ma mussa ashari. Quran ni tafsir raza bagair hargiz na parjo. Khaas karine awaam ni kitaabo.

Malindi ma mashoor che goggling. Ehma em hoi che ke tamei fishes jowa jau boat ma under jai ne akhi glass ni boat hoi che.. To Moula yeh farmayu ke ilm ma goggling karo... under chala jau.
Momin ne maut aweto zara bhi gabrahat na hoi. Karanke Mowla tus panjatan aimat ane duat na deedar karawse. Gani khushi no manzar hase ane araam aaram hase.

Daryo chhe yaha ane tafri waaste glass bottom boat gano achho manzar dekhwa nu hoi. Darya ma si moti mile chhe. Darya nu pani kharu hoi chhe pan ema mithu pani mile chhe ane moti bani jai chhe. E moti ni tasbii bane. Ne tasbii Burhanuddin Mowla na haath tame dekhi hase. Mowla salaami ape chhe to haath ma tasbi dekhwa ma awechhe. Momoneen tame ewa moti ane gohar bani jao ke Mowla tus na haath ma awijao."
- unquote-

Conscíous

Unread post by Conscíous » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:15 pm

I've a question..

Would it make any difference if "they" were hunting for a fish, instead for a lion :roll: ??
What I meant to ask is; is it unethical for a religious leader to Catch/hunt fish??

Kaka Akela

Unread post by Kaka Akela » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:55 pm

Yes, there is a big difference in killing a halal animal for food and killing a wild beast which is not eaten. Fish, goat, cow, camel which are eaten, Allah re-produces them in abundance, i.e millions of goats are slaughtered every year during eid ul adha or in Haj and we never seem to run short on them.
And they are permitted to be slaughtered only for consumption, if there is no need to butcher them then it will be gunah to kill them un-necessarily.
What purpose does killing a wild beast serve who is not a danger to your life or limb??? other than a trophy in your darbar hall or a skin on the floor and gunah added to your balance sheet.

Bohra spring

Unread post by Bohra spring » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:56 pm

Bro conscious

There are 2 ways of answering your query

1. Hunting or catching fish for sport and letting it die for trophy, and not consuming it as food is haram. Same rule applies as land animals.

2. Now hunting fish like approved by modern societies is acceptable where you tackle , weigh and return it to the water so the fish does not die.
8:00AM GMT 13 Jan 2013102 Comments
A study has found that, even when caught on a hook and wriggling, the fish is impervious to pain because it does not have the necessary brain power.
The research, conducted by a team of seven scientists and published in the journal Fish and Fisheries, concluded that the fish’s reaction to being hooked is in fact just an unconscious reaction, rather than a response to pain.
Fish have already been found to have “nociceptors” - sensory receptors that in humans respond to potentially damaging stimuli by sending signals to the brain, allowing them to feel pain.
However, the latest research concluded that the mere presence of the receptors did not mean the animals felt pain, but only triggered a unconscious reaction to the threat.
The latest findings contradict previous research, which suggested that these nociceptors enabled the creatures to feel reflexive and
In an earlier study done by the University of Edinburgh, rainbow trout were injected in the lips with an acid solution.
Researchers pointed to the fish’s behavioural changes, such as them rubbing their mouths on the gravel, and moving in a rocking motion similar to that seen in stressed mammals, as evidence of pain.
However, the new research, which reviewed a series of studies conducted over the years, discovered that only an extremely small number of “C fibres” - a type of nociceptor responsible for pain - can be found in trout and other fish.
Professor James Rose from the University of Wyoming in the US, who led the study, also found that the fish brain does not contain the highly developed neocortex needed to feel pain, so do not experience it in any meaningful way like humans.
He concluded that fish are able to experience unconscious, basic instinctive responses, but that these did not lead to conscious feelings or pain.
The trout’s reactions in the earlier study were therefore not ones of discomfort, as they lack the capacity to experience it, Prof Rose found.
The new research also referred to a study done on fish which were caught with a hook and then released.
The fish resumed feeding and normal activity immediately or within minutes and went on to show good long-term survival, which indicated they had not experienced pain.
Professor Robert Arlinghaus, one of the team’s researchers, said the presumption that fish feel pain has hindered scientists for decades and has stigmatised anglers.
“I think that fish welfare is very important, but I also think that fishing and science is too,” he said.
“There are many conflicts surrounding the issue of pain and whether fish can feel it, and often anglers are portrayed as cruel sadists. It's an unnecessary social conflict.”
Mark Lloyd, head of the Anglers’ Trust, said: “This debate about fish feeling pain has always been a red herring, so to speak.
“Anglers care passionately about the protection of fish stocks and do more than any other group to protect and improve freshwater and marine environments.
“Modern fishing tackle and techniques mean that fish which are released have an excellent survival rate and if fish are to be eaten, then angling is by far the most sustainable way of catching them.”
An RSPCA spokesman said: “There are a number of studies which we believe provide enough evidence to show that fish do feel pain and this remains our view.”

Conscíous

Unread post by Conscíous » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:13 am

Bhai Akela,
What if I told you, that every part of the wild beast is consumed, would that make any difference ??

Conscíous

Unread post by Conscíous » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:17 am

Br Bohra spring,,
Bohra spring wrote:1. Hunting or catching fish for sport and letting it die for trophy, and not consuming it as food is haram. Same rule applies as land animals.
So what you're saying is, you don't find it unethical for a religious leader to kill, as long as it consumed? Does it matter to you, who is going to consume the animal??
Bohra spring wrote:2. Now hunting fish like approved by modern societies is acceptable where you tackle , weigh and return it to the water so the fish does not die.
Does this mean that, you find it acceptable for a religious leader to hunt and release??

Conscíous

Unread post by Conscíous » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:17 am

Ps Everyone.. I'm want to discuss this and I'm not interested in reading any articles..

Conscíous

Unread post by Conscíous » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:27 am

I know, I'm going to end up shooting myself on the foot, but I have a philosophical question behind the questions I've raised above..
Besides that, I have a couple of other questions..

If a religious leader was to take part in a sporting event and by some miracle, he won.
- Is it unethical of him to accept the prize/trophy?
-is it unethical of him to take a photo with prize/trophy?
-is it unethical of him to take home the prize/trophy?
-is it unethical of him, to make use ( change its appearance ) of the prize/trophy?

Bohra spring

Unread post by Bohra spring » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:05 am

Conscious yes if the animal is consumed as food...I guess you are trying to find an excuse to vindicate Mansoos !

So I would be troubled to find which person or community finds it ok to consume a Lion as meat or elephant as meat in Tanzania.

Are you deliberately using the word unethical to counter haram as per Islamic guidelines based on the Quran. The point here is as per islam it is categorically stated not to kill for no valid purpose. So whether the modern world thinks it is ethical is irrelevant.

However if the Quran was silent on such matter then we can discuss modern day ethics. Fortunately hunting rare wildlife is haram and unethical.

To answer the fish hunting if Mansoos goes fishing and consumes the fish I am ok, if he catches a sporting fish and releases it alive in sea again I am ok.

The latest questions about sporting trophy..how is this relevant to the hunting topic?

Kaka Akela

Unread post by Kaka Akela » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:48 am

Bro Conscious:
I have no idea how you can say that the wild beast is totally consumed, then what???

How is it consumed, there are two kinds of animals, one is halal which has split hoofs, and the other is haram which doesn't. if tigers, lions and elephants fall into the second category then how are they consumed???

When we use the word consume, we mean its meat is eaten to satisfy our hunger. I have never heard of eating lion, tiger, elephant meat eaten by us.
If Africans eatit, then let them kill it for themselves. why should we kill and then give it to them to consume and add gunah in our account?? it would be like, baigaanay ki shaadi mein Abdullah diwana".
I also have no idea about your rehtorical question about sanctity of trophies etc. I have no idea what you are leading upto. All you need to know is what is haram is haram period, done by you or a religious leader makes no difference.
The only time killing a wild beast is lawful (morally) is when he becomes menace to your life or the lifes of others in the community.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:02 pm

The only time killing a wild beast is lawful (morally) is when he becomes menace to your life or the lifes of others in the community.
I think lots of Mastanda Zaadas and Aamil do qualify for that category ( wild beast) and I DONOT CONDONE OR SUGGEST KILLING THIS RELIGIOUS BEASTS)

Conscíous

Unread post by Conscíous » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:00 pm

Bohra spring wrote:Conscious yes if the animal is consumed as food...I guess you are trying to find an excuse to vindicate Mansoos !
I'm in no way defending someone else's action, I'm just trying to see it from a different perspective..
Bohra spring wrote:So I would be troubled to find which person or community finds it ok to consume a Lion as meat or elephant as meat in Tanzania.
Many local tribes find this kind of meat a delicacy and I would like to believe that the meat is divide between the locals and is not wasted..
Bohra spring wrote:Are you deliberately using the word unethical to counter haram as per Islamic guidelines based on the Quran. The point here is as per islam it is categorically stated not to kill for no valid purpos. So whether the modern world thinks it is ethical is irrelevant.
We all have our own ways of justifying our actions, which may not seem right for someone else.. You may use the Quran to your advantage for not killing animals like lions because its haram (or is it really because they are such so beautiful creature??).. while at the same time, you use a scientific study to justify that fish doesn't feel pain, and on that basis you torment and play with it's life and release it.. To tell you the truth, it doesn't make sense..
Bohra spring wrote:The latest questions about sporting trophy..how is this relevant to the hunting topic?
We'll get to them later,.(hehe)