some gems, garnered from the treasure chest of the syedn

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
Al Zulfiqar

some gems, garnered from the treasure chest of the syedn

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:57 pm

dear friends,

i intend to hereby start a collection of gems we garner everyday from the treasure chests of our 'establishment'. this comes out of their mouths, at their sabaks, vaez's, publications, websites like maalumat, even the humble wedding and other invitation cards... etc.

i would advise bro's to keep their contributions very brief and with a small personal comment against each such gem. i will get the ball rolling....

1. khuda na dai..! does khuda need a dai..? and where is the link with the rasool..??
2. hamara aqa maula ta'kayamat jiye..! when even each and every prophet was mortal and died...is the dai something more superior..?
3. apne sagla mumineen ne farishta na libaas pehnavee ne apno darzo baland kari didho..! wow! tomorrow i'm reporting to the vatican dressed in the pope's grand accoutrements..!!
4. hu tamne ziyafat nu sharaf aapu chu...!! yes, i, al zulfiqar, am taking bookings for u all to feed me every day for the next 10 years..! hey, its an honour to u, although i'm not too happy about giving u my time and tolerating your lukewarm samosas..
5. ali ni vaez ghana bastat thi farmavi.. touching on his shahadat and establishing a link from him straight to the dai..all in 10 mins!!!, without talking of ali's greatness, his austerity, self-sacrifice, his integrity, character, principles and practices..?

many more to come...readers pls continue with this chain, dont forget to keep numbering the discovered gems as u go along.

Al Zulfiqar

Re: some gems, garnered from the treasure chest of the syedn

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:12 pm

6. the pseudo arabisation of our daily use terminology...viz. lailatul arbaeen, najwatus shukur, chammar khidmat, muzakeraat, rasme-saifee... and so on. perhaps by these pathetic attempts the entire community may be miraculously transformed from their baniya origins to the hashemites and quraish of the old!!!
7. libaas-ul-anwar. wah!

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:20 pm

8. shehzaada 'aliwaqar' ----, DM (daawate majdahu).. bombastic and heavy sounding titles created to bamboozle and confuse the poor awestruck bohra, who would then worship the very shadow of the person with that illustrious moniker..baa adab, baa mulahiza..etc.. !!

jamanpasand

Unread post by jamanpasand » Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:08 pm

9. jamanpasand had hard time finding Muwayaid and Darul Amarat -- things got cleared when an old bohra guided me to jamatkhana and devri.

Shahu

Unread post by Shahu » Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:02 am

I wonder if anybody heard of this madeh.I only remembered first stanza. Any information in which book it is from?

Gar Tujhe Khuda bhi Kahain To Ajab Nahien....

Zeal

Unread post by Zeal » Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:35 am

Br Zulfiqar,
There are so many of such gems which violate the very concept of tawheed and encourage associating partners with Allah and teachings in the quran,

1) haqiqi kaaba....see him and you can be well assured you have seen the kaaba.

2) bolta quran ...I have not seen any such quality which can be compared with quran.

Instead he contradicts quran by his wonderful imagination
says 'arsh par khuda roya che' when quran clearly states that Allah is above all emotions.

And many more...

tahir

Unread post by tahir » Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:15 am

bolta quran

When I run my text to speech software on the PDF copy of quran I get a dai.

belief

Unread post by belief » Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:07 pm

kinzeeroh,

tamaree bohlti band karee lessoo gana jaldi maan.

tahir

Unread post by tahir » Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:34 pm

that was a 'bolta gem'

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:29 pm

12. Miqaat..
13. deedar sharaf.. apna noorani chehra joya, to kaaba no deedar thayo.
14. vazarat us saifiyah... the ministry of strategic planning and implementation, where highly qualified brains are constantly devising clever and innovative schemes to separate bohras from their money..!!
15. nawazeshaat....tumhara choona tumko hi lagaya....
16. mafsuhiyat... formerly a very simple act of awarding a title of 'mulla'. now its made to appear as if you are elevated to some exalted position in the heavens, alongside the angels and seraphims..!!
17. jalwanuma thaya.. now syedna doesnt take his seat anymore, he ascends to it in the manner of the mughal emperors and maharajas..
18. lisan-e-dawat.. the most ridiculous and pathetic, even comedic attempt to establish a seperate language for bohras... what it has only succeeded in doing is isolate our highly marginalised community even more and made us the laughing stock of the whole world..!! i dare any bohra to take this language and speak it at any public forum. i showed a sample of it to an arab friend and he was so confused and bewildered..upset even, at this misuse and insult to his language! it is arabic but it is not arabic...???!!! have you heard the muslims from ratnagiri area speak, with their peculiar mixture of urdu, marathi, hindi? we sound as rare as them! wah bhai wah...

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:40 pm

just to illustrate the absurdity of our newly discovered lisane daawat, here are some examples from the muslim konkani dialect...

pehle main pani mein shirlo, phir dokey ko bhinjawlo, aur uske bad pohne ke liye ander budlo.. pani bahut thandgaar tha rey, tchya maila..!!

find that funny..? now try this...

ai azadara na hussain, agar tamara dil ma valvalo hoi, to tame purjosh ajey maatam na zalzala vahavjo... etc etc.

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:44 pm

19. arey ae to taweel nu bayan che, ema arso daraaz thai jaase.... a very convenient excuse every time a poor ignorant bohra asks for some explanation and it is awkward for 'them' to reply...

pro_pig

Unread post by pro_pig » Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:48 am

zulfiqar which language prog speak? and what about u?

tahir

Unread post by tahir » Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:24 am

Originally posted by pro_pig:
zulfiqar which language prog speak?
lisan-e-baghavat

Shahu

Unread post by Shahu » Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:32 am

Lisan-e-Haqiqa

This language speaks inside story which may be bitter but says truth.

Shahu

Unread post by Shahu » Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:33 am

Lisan-e-Haqiqa

This language speaks inside story which may be bitter but says truth.

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:20 pm

some more...

20. hazrat imamiyah... the presence of the dai is now referred to in these terms..another clever strategem to depict him in a divine light and to seperate us ordinary mortals from him.
21. talaqqi... to welcome him and to hold his hand is now referred by this word. a clean white rumaal has to be placed in our dirty hands so that we do not soil him with our filthy sins! there is nothing comparable to this anywhere in islamic history, that this was ever practiced by the rasool(saw) or any of the sahaba's.
22. shafaqat ni nazar.. the glance of the dai on us..
23. yaumul mab'as.. still trying to figure this one out...can anyone enlighten us pls?
24. takhte imami... the seat of the dai. wherever he sits is now referred to as a throne..and i thought all religious leaders were sent to serve us and GOD! the word 'dai' means the inviter, the one who invites us towards the daawah or the truth, towards God, not pomp and glory!!
25. muraqebeen...another fancy word conjured up..beats me..
26. majmui ziyafat... when there is not enough time to partake of individual ziyafats, then all the bakra's are collected together and slaughtered collectively..the salaams from each remains the same though!
27. hadiyat...for granting 'mulla'panu it is called mafsuhiyat, for granting the title of sheikh, it is hadiyat..!!

all this usage of arabic (and in many cases it is totally inappropriate) is like me going to the jungles of africa swathed in yards of bleached organza and gauze, and deliberately using german or latin to subjugate the awe-struck, ignorant natives and bamboozle them into believing that i have descended from the heavens and am some sort of god!

even assuming that the intentions behind this ridiculous language are noble, -- to make our people learn arabic -- it still doesnt succeed, and is highly suspect because you are deliberately NOT teaching them arabic. if you did, they would soon read through all the massive deception and fraud being committed on them!! teaching someone a watered-down version of anything is like a deliberate deprivation with sinister intent. we are also not a community of such low IQ either, that we would not be able to grasp anything intelligent if its taught to us. that is basically what this whole thing means...it insults us and reduces us to the level of retards.. the proof is that they have succeeded!! if this is not a master-stroke, what else is???

Muslim

Unread post by Muslim » Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:43 pm

23. yaumul mab'as.. the day of annunciation, 27th rajab

Muslim

Unread post by Muslim » Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:09 pm

25. muraqebeen = madrasa examiners

SAJJAD

Unread post by SAJJAD » Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:59 pm

Here are some more Burhanuddin's bull shit!!!

Qasre aali sahebo - What they referring to?

Takhat Mubarak

Shahzada, Shahzadi

Noorani Chehra

Malik-e- Ashtar (Lashkar?,Astar? or Astro?, Lust?

S. Insaf

Unread post by S. Insaf » Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:06 pm

Lisane-dawat to me seems amzing:
Bava Sab - Gujarati
I-Saheba - Marathi
Dai, Dawat- Arabic
His Holiness, Royal family - English
Sultan, Shahzada, Shahzadi - Persian
Bohra - Gujarati
Mumuneen - Arabic
Anjuman- Persian
Padhara - Gujrati
To me this all looks Birbal's khichdi.
Please do not get offended.

S. Insaf

Unread post by S. Insaf » Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:55 am

Bahen-Saheba - Urdu
Mavaid- Old Arabic meaning Dining Table (Dasterkhwan) referred to entire Jamatkhana.
Peshwa - Arabic/Marathi

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:18 pm

you are right.

it is all a most ridiculous, nonsensical, fatuous, pathetic and stupid exercise which beggars the imagination and is an insult to any sane person's intelligence!

in scope of idiocy, it resembles the massive and wasteful attempt of muhammad bin tughlaq when he tried to shift the seat of power from delhi to tughlaqabad in order to perpetuate his legacy, and became the laughing stock of the then world, or when akbar the great tried the same and wanted to shift his capital to fatehpur sikhri.

the present syedna is attempting to somehow leave his stamp on bohra history by this useless effort at a separate language for his community. many nuances of it are influenced by the fact that many previous syedna's and a sizeable part of our community come from m.p and rajasthan, where this type of mixed lingo is common. gujrati, hindi, urdu, words are all mixed in. i have many friends from indore, bhopal, sagwara, sidhpur etc and they do have this similar, but peculiar speech pattern.

but to try and institutionalise it and call it lisane-dawaat, as if it has divine sanction and then make tragi-comedic inclusions of arabic words in it, its too laughable and beyond the pale...! one doesnt know whether to laugh or to cry or to bang one's head against the wall, when you hear this strange concoction..!!!!!

to me, the language is as much a contradiction, (as you have rightly pointed out) as the kothar's thinking. on the one hand they try to portray us to the rest of the islamic world as being very much a part of the mainstream, so that we are accepted, are not isolated and we win approval and maintain a pleasant, positive profile; on the other hand, they also want to marginalise us with this language, this dress, the contempt for the other muslims, the clever ways of keeping us inward-bound, all the subtle brain washing etc.

if the intention is to create a clear, distinct identity for us bohras, rather like the branding strategy used in marketing, then it is highly debatable what the long term benefits are going to be.

as i have mentioned before, there are sinister minds at work behind the scenes.. highly paid paid brains employed to work for the kothar. not too long ago - maybe about 25 yrs back - i do know that the ex-director of brand marketing (A&P), hindustan lever, was recruited by the kothar and paid a monthly salary of 10,000 Rs + benfits,.. to do what...??? your guess is as good as mine..!! there were many such top-notch people from blue-chip co's, who were head-hunted and kept on their payroll!

the dawaat is a large enterprise and obviously there are thousands of crores of rupees involved.... that is what our innocent and naive people dont understand, that every move the kothar makes, has a commercial long term interest behind it..

the lisane dawaat could be just one more cog in the giant scheme of machinery ... hey, lets face the facts.. they are no fools!! on the contrary, they are so sharp and shrewd to be able to manage all these jamaats and trusts, databases, amaalats and postings, the govt, the politics and the goonda's who all want a share of the loot, the publicity, income and expenses, etc etc. its the community which is an utter fool! little do they understand the deep and complicated games going on...

it takes brains of the highest calibre even to manage an empire of evil..!! take the shining example of dawood ibrahim...can he not reach any of his foes anywhere in the world within 24 hrs, no matter where in the world he hides? that is the sort of reach, power and resources he has...

our kothar is even more smarter than him and his organisation....for they do it with elan and with a complete stamp of religious respectability..!! WAH BHAI WAH!

tahir

Unread post by tahir » Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:07 am

'Aamil' too is a persian word. It used to be an administrative post during the time of Moghuls in India. To be fair to kothar, this term has been used by them right from the beginning and not recently appropriated.

S. Insaf

Unread post by S. Insaf » Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:06 am

Kothar is a word used in Rajasthani language meaning a place to godown for storing grains & vegitables.
Amil is an Arabic word meaning governor of a state. As Umar-bin Abdul Aziz was a governor of Basra during Hazrat Ali's time. Which indicates the middle-aged mentality of the Bohra Sultan to run parallel goverment without have any Saltanat to rule.

Right

Unread post by Right » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:26 am

Dear All,

I have reveived this topic, as it is not only a great sort of amusement to us but also to think over , by using these kinds of gems and jewels how the Kothar is fooling the people.

Thanks Alzulfiqar bhai.

In the future also I will try to revive these kind of gem topics for the new comers like me.

questions

Unread post by questions » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:51 am

26. Ayyamut Tabudaat ! Linking one Muhammad (A.S.) to another, with 1 day for one and 39 days of events for the other. Talk about lopsided priorities!

27. 'Tilawat' of anything written by the Syedna to be done standing up with "khusoo". Tilawat should only be of the Quran Majeed and everthing else is simply read (or sung!)

guy_sam2005

Unread post by guy_sam2005 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:19 am

tahir wrote:
Originally posted by pro_pig:
zulfiqar which language prog speak?
lisan-e-baghavat
ha ha ha ha ha ..and most even speak n write too..lisaane adavat

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:28 am

Guy
How come you find time to post this stupid quotes but NEVER HAVE TIME TO ANSWER THE QUESTION I HAD POSTED FOR YOU
You did say that once you have time, you will reply to my queries albeit Charity Care at Saifee Hospital and other questions in that thread.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:36 pm

S. Insaf wrote:Kothar is a word used in Rajasthani language meaning a place to godown for storing grains & vegitables.
The appropriate word for these goons should be Kothar.... minus the 'R'. You know what !!!!!